Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? (4346 Views)

Senators, Reps To Embark On 4 Weeks Recess / National Assembly Member With His Feet Up On A Chair During Recess / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Remii(m): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2011
Both the Senate and House of Representatives have proceeded on 6 weeks recess to "observe" Ramadan fasting. The fasting is 4 weeks so why 6 weeks.
Other Nigerian workers are on duty during Ramadan, what is the justification for this.

We all read in the newspapers how American Legislators worked through the weekend to prevent first ever Americans government default.

Are these set of politicians that will deliver Nigeria from present parambulations?
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Beaf: 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2011
50% of the legislators will not be missed if they stay on recess for the next 365 days.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Afam4eva(m): 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
Well said Beaf.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
Where did you get this news? I can't get find any story that corroborates it.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by redsun(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
Beaf:

50% of the legislators will not be missed if they stay on recess for the next 365 days.

Who cares about missing them?Are they going to be paid free for period?NO.

Wasting our hard earned resources on ignorant bigots,including gej,that are only in government for loots.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by jmaine: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2011
GEJ must be the sole reason for their recess grin grin. . . .
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
recess for ramadan? madness angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by maclatunji: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Ramadan is a great month. Thou must respect it!
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by maclatunji: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Feel free to type whatever you like thereafter.

tongue
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by sirp2007: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
Beaf:

Well said, but l think none of them (100%) will be missed if they stay on recess for 1,460 days.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by redsun(m): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
Nigerian system of government is theoklepcracy.A combination of theocracy and kleptocacy.Nigerian politicians are either extremes thieves or extreme religious bigot or both.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Ibime(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
Holiday is coming, Holiday is coming
No more morning bells

Where I fit get this kain job gon? 6 weeks holiday for Ramadan, One week for Easter, 3 weeks for Christmas, 2 weeks for Hajj. . . plus I dont really have to attend sittings as I could be "attending to my constituency".
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Kslib(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2011
@redsun ~ couldn't have said it better!!GBAM
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Ayoobscom(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
If the decision is to respect the holy month 'RAMADAN' good for the nation.

Is not easy fasting and working! my eyes is seeing stars as i type,
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by aljharem3: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
Ayoobscom:

grin grin grin grin grin same here o

but the whole point of fasting is with us and Allah and he did not say we should not go with our everyday duty
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by seanet02: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2011
Ayoobscom:

Which job this legislooters dey do make i hear o?
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by aljharem3: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2011
Really unbelieveable  shocked but what were they doing at the first place other than to sit down and collect money

Ramandan is not for resting but for fasting and reflexing between you and Allah and why must people know you are fasting at the first place

you are meant to go with you everyday activity like you are not even fasting at all sad
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by dederocs(m): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
THESE GUYS ARE LAZY, WE DONT HAVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THESE HOUSES OF LEGISLATURE.
IMAGINE THE TYPE OF BILLS THEY GIVE PRIORITY TO(bills to increase thier welfare and secure thier positions)
THEY SHOULD DO WHAT THEY LIKE,WE KNOW THEY ARE THERE TO SATISFY THIER POCKETS, EVERYONE WILL GET COLDER AS LONG AS THE SYSTEM CONTINUES THIS WAY AND POLITICIANS STEAL WITH IMPUNITY,WE THE YOUTHS DONT BELIEVE IN THE SYSTEM.
GOD KNOWS WE DONT HAVE ANY LOVE FOR THESE POLITICIANS.
THE NIGERIAN YOUTH CAN NOT RENT AN APARTMENT,LANDLORDS CHARGE TWO YEARS RENT BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF HOUSES AVAILABLE IS LOW.
PASS BILLS TO BUILD PUBLIC/LOW COST HOUSING TO COMPETE WITH THE LANDLORDS.THIS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.
PLEASE WAKE UP,HOW LONG WILL YOU ALLOW MONEY BLIND YOU TO YOUR DEATH.
NO ONE IS HAPPY,NO ONE IS SAFE.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Nosyke(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2011
alj_harem:

Really unbelieveable  shocked but what were they doing at the first place other than to sit down and collect money

Ramandan is not for resting but for fasting and reflexing between you and Allah and why must people know you are fasting at the first place

you are meant to go with you everyday activity like you are not even fasting at all sad
o
God bless you for free.
I wonder what they are doing in the first place to demand a break.Cant they borrow a leaf from their American counterparts that very hard to better the American Society
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by donugapi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2011
No difference,
They could all be dead and we wouldn't even know!

[size=32pt]A BUNCH OF RED ARSED MONKEYS[/size]
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by maclatunji: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2011
alj_harem:

Ramandan lipsrsealed is not for resting but for fasting and reflexing  embarassed between you and Allah and why must people know you are fasting at the first place

Bros. you are really fasting and seeing double gaskiya.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by vitality22(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
This is very serious o
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by texazzpete(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
Beaf:

This situation calls for outrage not a cynical shrug of the shoulders.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tunnytox(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
So what about other Muslims working during Ramadan? Must the country grind to a halt becos of Ramadan? Bunch of useless lazy idiots if only they truly serve God I'm sure we wouldn't be in the mess we are in Nigeria today.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by sharpman1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2011
The government should simply declare a 6 weeks public holiday so we can all observe Ramadan.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Bawss1(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
texazzpete:

This situation calls for outrage not a cynical shrug of the shoulders.

Nothing will be done about it.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2011
Terrible.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Koolking(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2011
GOOD jor. Dont ask me twice.

What do they do they there? Each time they sit, they receive sitting allowances.

Their 6 weeks allowances have been paid upfront. Whether they convene or not, it is same same.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Demdem(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
and someone will tell me that Nigeria is a secular state. shior. We are simply deceiving ourselves.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Korrection(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
Good time for Boko Haram to strike Aso Rock,
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by kabukabu50(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
You would think that perhaps during Ramadan these rascals would use that period of self deprivation to work EVEN HARDER to solve the problems facing the country,but No,they want to stay at home,get paid and scallywag around.I say term limits of 2 years for ALL Parliamentarians. angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
Where is the link for the piece of worrying news, @OP?

A recess period spanning 6 weeks, for Ramadan, when even the folks in Saudi Arabia do not treat government business with such latitude  angry angry angry

http://www.arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article447947.ece
"EDDAH: Government employees in the Kingdom will have only a 10-day holiday for the Eid Al-Fitr this year. The shortest ever break from work to mark the Eid Al-Fitr will start on Thursday, Aug. 25 (Ramadan 25) and end on Saturday, Sept. 3 (Shawwal 5), according to the Hijri calendar"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There's Neither A Governor In Delta State Nor Any Form Of Government In Warri! / Igbo Ingenuity: Enugu To Support Inventor Of Wind Turbine For Power Generation / Jonathan, Dangote, Kumuyi Make FP List Of 500 Most Powerful People On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.