Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? (4348 Views)

Senators, Reps To Embark On 4 Weeks Recess / National Assembly Member With His Feet Up On A Chair During Recess / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Remii(m): 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^ which state are you hoping to represent? may be that time they would declare 8 weeks for lent,
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tpia5: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^if they remove osogbo state from current osun state, i can represent them.

or oduduwa state from the same.

i can also run for ogbomosho state senate.

cant go near ibadan because they're very particular about lineage and other such irrelevancies.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Remii(m): 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^^ tpia, osun is too small to get another state created out of her, only hope that area is either Ibadan state or ijebu state. you may try your luck right now.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tpia5: 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^why ibadan state or ijebu state.

i prefer osogbo state.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Remii(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^ Ibadan maybe created to allow growth of rest of oyo state, ibadan has the pull similar to kano, kano has been broken over and over, but ib is same. Ijebu may come up too. no justification to break the tiny state of omoluabi, osun.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tpia5: 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^ok, ogbomosho state then.

i will deliver.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Remii(m): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^ If Ibadan is created, then Ogbomosho and Oyo will have to fight for capital then, but Ogbomosho will come out like asaba to delta since it will not be in the center, its almost at edge.

What are you delivering, have you forgotten that is the town of Akala and Akintola? lol
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by bunmioguns(m): 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
jmaine:

Am Sure the recess will be accompanied with a bounty Ramadan Allawee  angry . . .

sure now, what do you expect
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Jarus(m): 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tpia5: 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2011
Remii:

^^ If Ibadan is created, then Ogbomosho and Oyo will have to fight for capital then, but Ogbomosho will come out like asaba to delta since it will not be in the center, its almost at edge.

um, yes, right.

i'm not following all these minor details.

http://What are you delivering, have you forgotten that is the town of Akala and Akintola? lol

i'm delivering good service or whatever is in the job description.

not important.

the main thing is the salary and benefits.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by javalove(m): 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2011
Yet some ignorant Nigerians will srill be saying we are a secular nation. . . .*deep sigh*

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by nduchucks: 2:02am On Aug 03, 2011
I'd not be a bit surprised if this story were true. I was in Dubai a year before Fashola was elected as governor and ran into Tinubu and several legislators and politicians in a hotel there, during the same period. I have since visited Dubai at least twice, during the period and hotels and vacation homes are packed with legislators from various states and the Feds. You find them there during this period than at any other time.

I wish more Nigerians are opportuned to visit Dubai and see what these people are doing with their money. Providence will catch up with these people soon enough if Boko Haram doesn't.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Royale4: 3:03am On Aug 03, 2011
Kai, absolute bullshit! What about others that are not legislators but are fasting? So they should go and die ko?

And what about those legislators that are not muslims or are not fasting? What will they be doing during this period?

Do these people have conscience at all? I live in an islamic country and i tell you, it's business as usual.

Naija wake up from slumber, you are really lagging behind.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by earthrealm(m): 3:59am On Aug 03, 2011
this people are the most underworked, over paid clueless set of law makers on the face of the earth
they just came back from a 3wk recess not too long ago!. imagine in under 6months they hv gone on a cumulative 2months plus more recess!!
nigeria isnt the only country with muslim law makers, n they dont go on this kind of long recess, 6 whooping weeks, for ramadan/?, go to saudi arabia, oman etc

this is very very sad tongue embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tpia5: 4:03am On Aug 03, 2011
seriously, i need to join these people.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by tantayu(m): 4:04am On Aug 03, 2011
At least Nigerians are united on two things, their undying love for the Super Eagles (even when they are not playing well),
and their eternal hatred for their legislators (until they become legislators themselves) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by dayokanu(m): 4:24am On Aug 03, 2011
Tpia, You can be a senator in oduduwa State from Ife

or from Ogbomosho state/ New Oyo state by the fact that you would be married to me
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Ibomade1: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2011
I have only 3 Words to say. Only In NIgeria angry angry
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by sevule(m): 10:29am On Aug 03, 2011
Question. If our legislators are going on a PAID six week recess because of Ramadan, souldn't civil servants, bankers,doctors,drivers,mechanics and anybody that renders paid service of some sort go for a six week recess to observe Ramadan? Or are all the moslems in Nigeria legislators? This just goes to show that it is business as usual and if Nigerians want a change then a revolution is a MUST!!!!
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2011
Remii:

The news got better attention on radio and TV but you see bold portion of the following link from Tribune.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/25853-jonathan-forwards-names-of-nominees-for-rec-icpc

Jonathan forwards names of nominees for REC, ICPC
| Print | E-mail
Written by Ayodele Adesanmi, Abuja
Friday, 29 July 2011

President Goodluck Jonathan, on Thursday, forwarded the name of Mr Francis Ugochukwu as chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to the Senate for consideration, just as he forwarded five names for confirmation as members of the commission.

He equally forwarded an eight-member list which cut across the six geopolitical zones for confirmation as Resident Electoral Commissioners (REC).

This came as the Senate commenced a 32-day recess, expected to resume plenary on Tuesday, September 13.

The nominees for the ICPC include: Alhaji Abdullahi Ado Bayero (North-West), Alhaji Isa Ozi Salami (North-Central), Ekpo Una Owo Nta (South-South), Professor Olu Aina (South-West), Dame Julie Onum-Nwariaku (South-East).

The president, in his letter addressed to the Senate on the appointment into the ICPC said, “Section 3(3) of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000 provides that the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission shall consist of a chairman and 12 other members, two of whom shall come from each of the six geopolitical zones. In this connection, there are vacancies in the composition of the commission.

“I have therefore, in the exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 3 (6) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Act, 2000, decided to appoint the following members of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission.

He reminded the senate that Mr Francis Ugochukwu Elechi’s name had earlier been forwarded for confirmation as chairman of the commission, noting that it is my hope that, “the chairmanship nominee will be considered along with the above listed five nominees.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by jamace(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
Very bad decision by the legislators.

NLC should request recess for all workers. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2011
This is to buttress the fact that these guys do not have the country at heart, which of them will leave his personal job for six weeks and go for Ramadan or any other event.

Besides Ramadan is not for resting like someone point out earlier, it's for more acts of worship along with your day job. If anyone wants to put his personal annual leave at that period so be it not that the country will be put on hold.

Mediocres!!!
Re: Nigerian Legislators On 6 Weeks Recess For Ramadan - Good/Bad? by simybuss(m): 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2011
oh my God, why on earth these type of people helping to kill Nigeria. they are just to do bad not to make progress? 6weeks, too bad .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 / Barbaric And Satanic Fashola Must Pay For This!!! / Meet Mrs Aisha Buhari Our First Lady Come 2015 Beautiful, Sound And Intelligent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.