Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? (44706 Views)

Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award? / Fact-Check: Did Two Persons Fly Out Of Crashed Aircraft Conveying Attahiru? / It Is Your Dead People That Will Be On The Streets-FFK Blasts Belinda Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by SugarGirl44(f): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2022
Doyou2019:

Too late for you and your propaganda, my friend. The ship has already sailed. Most educated Yorubas would still queue up behind Obi because he's the sanest choice out there.
No public fund looter will ever be allowed anywhere near our treasury again. Never!

No, you mean most miseducated.
Education isn't only by speaking English.
Obi has no chance anyways, but the mere thought of them even thinking of voting for him is a shame.
It means they don't know their history, they're the gullible ones who are afraid of being called a tribalist.
But because of that same miseducation, they don't know what it truly means to be tribalistic.

Obi should continue with what he knows best, lying.
He's going nowhere.

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Cantonese: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:
For the gullible Yorubas with no mind of their own, who want to impress the ibos, those same ibos that have been cursing your generations and don't fail to show their hatred for you.
You can easily forgive them, but you can't forgive Tinubu who hasn't offended you directly.
Continue with your political correctness o.
If obi mistakenly wins, you'll be reduced to a nonentity when you're a born king/queen.
Nigeria has made you lose value in yourself.

It's better for you not to vote at all than leave Tinubu, as brilliant as he is, and vote for a mediocre called obi.
We should all be asking for Yoruba Nation, but pending when that happens, the least we deserve is have access to the presidency, esp judging by the number of Yoruba brains that Nigeria has killed.

It's a shame for a Yoruba man to campaign for obi.
Ibo would never do the same for you, they only work against our interest, read your history, but you foolishly want to please them.

A word is enough for the wise.
Ire o.

Say shame to you yourself for this disgraceful and completely ignorant comment.

“It's a shame for a Yoruba man to campaign for obi.
Ibo would never do the same for you, they only work against our interest, read your history, but you foolishly want to please them”

Joe Igbokwe (that is if you know the name) is from Anambra state. He is one of the right hand men of BAT and he has been shouting from the top of the roof in favour of Tinubu. He has been attacked physically on several occasions on account of his support for Tinubu. He has remained an unshakable Tinubu loyalist all his political years.

Ben Akabueze, the DG Budget office, is a staunch Tinubu loyalist.

Hope Uzodimma, Umahi are APC governors of the Southeast. They without doubt intend to deliver the SE to APC in 2023 and your BAT, your fellow Yoruba man, is the candidate.

What about Igbo political leaders and supporters all over Nigeria and the world, who believe that APC is their messiah and source of livelihood?

Shame on you. Rather than focus of burning national issues; discuss how to make our economy better; discuss how to create jobs for millions of jobless youths out there like you; discuss how to develop our infrastructures and communities; you have chosen to play an irresponsible ethnic card on the social media.

It is very unfortunate that people like you think that leadership by tribe will develop your country. It does not work that way. The desire of every reasonable Nigerian is a very good political leader, irrespective of tribe, who can take us away from the forest that people like you voted Buhari twice to push us into.

People like you think that Nigeria revolves only between the SW and the NW. You think that votes for BAT should only come from those two zones. That being so, how would you expect to use the natural resources of other contributing zones to develop your SW/NW selfish Nigeria? You think that Yorubas who vote for PO are not wise and vice versa. Everyone is free in a democracy to choose their preferred candidates on the basis of the personal convictions and not ethnic beliefs. The Igbos who choose BAT as their candidate see him as a better candidate above others.

By the way, how would the likes of you turn an election into a political battle between the SW and SE? How have you ignored Kwakwanso, another northerner, or Atiku, another northerner after Buhari?

Why is it that your problem is the Igbos? How have you overlooked the Fulanis who are in the forests of the SW as other zones, wreaking havoc, killing, raping and maiming endlessly, without provocation? Why are you not able to confront them, even on the social media? Is that not cowardice?

Jagbajantis intete.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by rusher14: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2022
nextstep:

Aren't you tired of ethnic politics? It has failed Nigerians since the 1950s. Let us all in this generation at least try to do something different from the previous generations who were born before Nigeria was an independent country.

There are some good politcians in this country irrespective of origin. Please give them a chance. I'm tired of suffering because we don't want to support competence.

If Osinbajo, or Akinwumi, or SLS were running, they would have my support. Will everybody agree with my short list? No, but I think we can see that they offer more promise for us.

Is Obi the best choice without flaws? Far from it. Is he better than most? I think so. Are there even better choices than him? Absolutely.

If you had presented Umahi, I would have voted him.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by DesChyko: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2022
Let's get this straight.. A post made by 'Prince Ujay' is being verified by a national daily. That's a very efficient use of resources especially if you consider that Prince Ujay is one of the Nigerian elites whom most people know his background and status and also follow immensely. undecided
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by daygee12: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2022
richie240:

Amongst all d ethnic grps in nigeria, they score the lowest in all u've listed above, yet they demand the same things they lack/cannot give.

The average Igbo man is intolerant but turns around to say u hate him for detesting his intolerance.

The average Igbo man is very very unaccommodating as can be witnessed by d dirge of other ethnic groups in alaigbo, yet they claim u hate them despite giving them free room to blossom in ur backyard....something they'll never do in theirs.

The average ignomsn can hate for Africa, yet tags u a hater when u try to defend urself from his toxicity.

My brother, if person put mouth for their Mata, person nor go finish.

The telling thing is dt these same attitudes they exhibit to other ethnic groups in Nigeria, they export same to other countries of the world hence tarnishing the image of the,rest of us.

From south Africa to Ghana to even small Togo na d same tin. When u hear they attack Nigerian traders....know say na dem.

My Bro i hope they realize this the better, playing victim card all the time won't help

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Onyipk: 7:06am On Aug 02, 2022
Throwback:
The day I will catch Obi telling the truth, I will send him for maintenance.

For now, let him continue working optimally with his default setting.

As for his integrity, APGA people can give you his source code.

Before you quote that Peter Obi told a lie, you MUST show us as a matter of emphasis where Peter Obi himself told the exact lie.
He received an award/grant an never called it any other name. If someone else( who I now believe may be an APC supporter in order to discredit Peter Obi) gave the grant another name why blame it on Peter Obi?

It is mere FOOLISHNESS to blame another man for the guilt of another man for who God has blessed no man can curse. Keep trying, you(Isaiah 1:20 crew) will all fail woefully period.

I remain absolutely:
#ObidientandYusful
#Isaiah1:19

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by GardenOfGod(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
FACT CHECK: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award In 2013?

Daily Trust could not independently verify whether he actually built them before he left office.

https://dailytrust.com/fact-check-did-peter-obi-build-10-hospitals-win-bill-and-belinda-gates-best-gov-award-in-2013
You spent resources and time trying to verify something, then at the end of the day, you told us, "Daily Trust could not independently verify whether he actually built them before he left office."
No be juju be that?
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by jaytee01(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2022
buhariguy:
sane Nigerians care.
Is a sin to lie.
Pandora tu lie

A Buhari supporter in Nigeria today is already mad beyond redemption. No amount of prayers or treatment can save you.

Just to remind you, this government is absolutely the most corrupt, most incompetent, most useless band of criminals ever to rule any country. And Tinubu is involved.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by DesChyko: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2022
rusher14:

If you had presented Umahi, I would have voted him.

Dude, you're rooting for the antique agbado enthusiast.
It bodes well to only deal with your choices if one has a long spoon.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by rusher14: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2022
DesChyko:

Dude, you're rooting for the antique agbado enthusiast.
It bodes well to only deal with your choices if one has a long spoon.

You are promoting Obi who will all know cannot make 2 sentences without telling a lie.

Jokes on you.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by DesChyko: 7:11am On Aug 02, 2022
rusher14:

You are promoting Obi who will all know cannot make 2 sentences without telling a lie.

Jokes on you.

#GoAndVerify.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Gkemz: 7:12am On Aug 02, 2022
APC fact checker. Tinubu's media urchins.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by mrkings84(m): 7:13am On Aug 02, 2022
Chinkoalhaji34:
God Bless the next president of Nigeria Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Please vote Asiwaju Tinubu.

Why pleading?
Every sane Nigerians will vote their conscience.
FOR ME, APC DONT DESEEVE MY VOTE!

GOD FORBID!!

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by okuwehcris: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
FACT CHECK: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Best Gov Award In 2013?

https://dailytrust.com/fact-check-did-peter-obi-build-10-hospitals-win-bill-and-belinda-gates-best-gov-award-in-2013

Please can you confirm, verify and check the symptoms of Parkinson disease too and let's see if it relates to any presidential candidate?

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by mrkings84(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2022
Ok we have heard!

So Obi is a liar
But we all know what Atiku and Tinubu are.

So we prefer Obi
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by jaytee01(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:
For the gullible Yorubas with no mind of their own, who want to impress the ibos, those same ibos that have been cursing your generations and don't fail to show their hatred for you.
You can easily forgive them, but you can't forgive Tinubu who hasn't offended you directly.
Continue with your political correctness o.
If obi mistakenly wins, you'll be reduced to a nonentity when you're a born king/queen.
Nigeria has made you lose value in yourself.

It's better for you not to vote at all than leave Tinubu, as brilliant as he is, and vote for a mediocre called obi.
We should all be asking for Yoruba Nation, but pending when that happens, the least we deserve is have access to the presidency, esp judging by the number of Yoruba brains that Nigeria has killed.

It's a shame for a Yoruba man to campaign for obi.
Ibo would never do the same for you, they only work against our interest, read your history, but you foolishly want to please them.

A word is enough for the wise.
Ire o.
But you want other Nigerians to campaign for a criminal drug Lord from your place?

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by jrusky(m): 7:15am On Aug 02, 2022
maybet081:

I think sniper might alleviate your situation at this moment.
Obi is coming the Christians, the youths, the southern and northern elites and men of good will have vowed.
He will win before 12 noon.
The numbers for him Is crazy.
It is the game of numbers.
You guys can't buy this one with looted public fund it is a revolution.
Nigerians are angry.

And that is why he has to lie and you all must lies.

Hahaha North elites? Bro I stays in the North can you name one Northern elite you can early trust that will go to the poll in sincerity and vote for obi? All those failure and frustrated talking are Northern midgets who are playing you and obi a serious mind game like dance on I'm looking at your back and on the da of reality then your eyes go clear.

Bro you get big problem if you understand the North you won't even take any of those inconsequential rats calling themselves elite my a s s serious, Mr man you knows nothing.

About christain votes if you are not unstable where were those christains in Ekiti and Osun? Why can't those christains show their anger as you claimed in those 2 states? Pls when obi movement went to East for rally 3 or 4 weeks ago and only 50 or 70 people came out pls where are those christain in SE? Why can't they troop out in millions for obishit movement to proof a point? Oh sorry you are believing that Dunamis pastor baa? Have you asked yourself how did he raised the money to build the biggest auditorium in Africa, was he oil magnate before or an oil company chairman or CEO? Pls go and rest u no sabi politics. Mind you I'm a Christain and will defend my faith but never with obi any other person fine but with obi mbannu because I know what will ends it las las.

Obi will be embarrass beyond your believe by 2023 so no need of argument just watch the game with keen interest.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by CriticMaestro: 7:16am On Aug 02, 2022
derecho:
Why is Daily "Trust" not trustworthy anymore?
They are presently competing with The Nation in peddling of lies.

Besides, who is "Belinda"?
I thought her name is Melinda?
Your eyes are seeing Belinda instead of Melinda right?

If you are saying they are peddling lies, then what's the true nature of the matter? You don't have the facts with you but you are here accusing others who made an effort to verify your principal claims liars. I pity you guys

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by PS712: 7:16am On Aug 02, 2022
longetivity:
He still won the award nah, just that in a different category (best performing governor in d eradication of polio in d East), with a million dollar grant cool
Won Best Governor? Yes (whether in any category, best na best)
Got the $1M grant from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? Yes

So, what or where's their headache?

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Dminister(m): 7:17am On Aug 02, 2022
Mc oluomos are on rampage. Beware of them and remain Obedient.
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:17am On Aug 02, 2022
Mynd44,
Seun.

I hope you know this thread is libel against an individual. Always verify content Yourself even if it's from a reputable source before moving it to frontpage or Seun can be sued. Most times, these so-called fact check are half- truths against certain individual(s). The Bill and Melinda Awards Foundation has different categories as it's the norm. What category did Obi win? And if he won the Award of a category, who issued it? So why is Daily Trust in the habit of libeling while nairaland promotes the contents? Wikipedia Peter Obi and check 2012 or you contact Anambra State government on twitter.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by DesignMaestro(m): 7:21am On Aug 02, 2022
Freethinker87:
Channels TV lied
DailyPost Lied
All Africa lied
Sun Newspaper lied

...but anonymous source on Twitter must be telling the truth. Fact Checker isonu

The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) is an online organization with no office address or physical presence. It's a one man run organization with presence only on Twitter and YouTube. Possibly a media arm of Tinubu.

Go and Verify
Read what you posted:

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Liebermantic: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2022
Go and verify the achievements of Tinubu.. Tinubu built Nothing..He only created toll gates, Agberos, and touts.
Peter Obi is the next president..Live with the reality

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by phineas: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2022
He won the award

That was the key award been given to Governors and States at that time.

That's what matters.the rest is semantics

Give honour to whom it is due abeg

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by DKM123: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2022
Once I see "Fact check" on nairaland front page, I know it's the APC BMC PAID cr£tins that are about to post Bullsheet again. I have NEVER been wrong. They used it in 2015 and they are back with it again.

Daily Trust abi Tinubu Propaganda Machine.

The only time this fake-check-bullsheet comes on front is when it is in support of Tinubu or it is against our indomitable Peter Obi. See how they say they have not been able to "independently" verify if he built the hospitals but they didn't say he did not build it.
Even a m0r0n who has monkey pus can see that this different BMC "fakecheck" always brought to front page by the same APC mod using 100 alternate nairaland monikers is FAKE.

This so called flat chest is what they settled in thier BMC meeting to be using to yarn bullsheet and propaganda. Flat chest Kee una there.

Go and fact check on your corrupt frail principal Peepoonubu,
factcheck his real age,
fact check his real name,
fact check his corruption allegations and how he loots Lagos finances,
fact check his druglords allegations
Fact check his murder allegations
fact check his secret primary and secondary school,
fact check his real number of children,
factcheck his bullion van,
fact check his poor health,
Factcheck his vote buying and massive rigging allegations........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2022
rusher14:

So the statement that Bill Gates gave Obi an award for best governor in Nigeria is true?
Is there any awards category for such? And did he win any of the categories? Daily Trust couldn't even ascertain if he built the Hospitals yet they claim it's fact check. How can they publish something they don't have evidence? If someone sue them now for libel, they'll cry fowl.
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Memeni(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2022
The afonja lagos- Ibadan gutter media with their lies again. This was from a post dated July 6 2013. I have 0 respect for Nigerian journalism. You all should Stop behaving like animals for once

Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi, yesterday bagged the best performing governor on the eradication of polio in the southeast from Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation at a massively attended ceremony at the Women’s Development Centre in Awka.

Speaking while presenting the award to Gov Obi which went with a cash prize of N120 million, the minister of state for health, Dr Mohammed Pate said the award was not by chance as Gov Obi had distinguished himself in the health sector which he observed had resulted in the provision of ambulances to hospitals, accreditation of schools of midwifery and the wonderful partnership with the Church and described the Anambra example as a total package, noting that the state had remained polio-free in the past five years.

Responding, Gov Obi thanked the minister for coming to the state to present the award on behalf of Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation and noted with satisfaction that it was not one of the awards anyone could suspect as having been bought and said the state government would match the N120m it received with another N180m which would be ploughed into the building of ten more health centres in the state.

Recalling some of his strides in the health sector, the governor cited the state’s first teaching hospital as an example.

‘‘What happened was that the government of the day admitted medical students without a medical school in place and the assessors said they would not accredit the university but I pleaded with them when I came in to give me two or three years to put a teaching hospital in place. B+ut they could not believe me as they thought it impossible that a teaching hospital could be built in two, three years. It was one of them that pleaded with them to give me a chance and they did. When they returned at the appointed time they were shocked to see the teaching hospital in place. It has since become the fastest teaching hospital to be built in Nigeria,’ Obi stated to the applause of the packed audience.

In a similar development the governor has splashed N60m on the final batch of 5000 youths under the Anambra State Youth Empowerment Programme (ANSYREP). While handing over the cheques of N100, 000 to each of the successful candidates, Gov Obi charged them to use their money judiciously in order to justify the state government’s faith in them, even as he charged them to shun thuggery in the forth coming elections in the state.

He expressed satisfaction with the fruitful results already being yielded by the programme and restated his government’s readiness to continue to support the youths.

In his speech the coordinator of the programme, Dr Okey Ikechukwu, commended the governor for accepting to support the programme and disclosed that the governor did not submit any list of candidates to them but had told them to ensure the programme worked. He noted with satisfaction that many of the beneficiaries had made a success of the money and training given to them.

The two events were attended by top government functionaries, traditional rulers, student nurses and stake holders.

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by mabea: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2022
Throwback:
The day I will catch Obi telling the truth, I will send him for maintenance.

For now, let him continue working optimally with his default setting.

As for his integrity, APGA people can give you his source code.
In this thing you read where was it written that Obi lied?
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by Chris2863(m): 7:31am On Aug 02, 2022
Salewa97:
No matter the preach of hate by the opposition, tinubu will always shower them with love. God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
you mean thiefinubu
Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by CHAQUR: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2022
The south east version of Lie mo {the communication minister}

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? by mabea: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2022
989900:
Here is the truth, it's shady and childish to be holding a random Twitter account accountable as your go to source for what a presidential aspirant did/didn't.
Don't mind them. They are very slow to reason properly. However I'm disappointed with Obi supporters because it seems they don't have real facts on Obi in order to defend him. Look at this thread for instance, the first few commenters seem to admit the submission of useless tabloid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate / Buhari Meets With Nigerian Girls Who Bagged First Class In India (Photos) / Umar Bago Supports Buhari's Re-Election With 100 Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.