Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? (1896 Views)

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? / Is Age A Barrier In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by Omalicha(f): 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2006
Ladies, can you date someone younger than you are? Guys, do you think you can afford to go out with someone you are younger than?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-196.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2247.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6124.0.html
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by smartsoft(m): 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2006
why not it's good men, didn't see anything bad in that
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2006
i cant possibly go out wit some1 younger than maself
i prefer older guys
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by cheekee(f): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2006
older guys -yeees wink wink
youger guys-nooo waaay undecided
but some people don't care and i don't really question myself why cause this thing called love is crazy,it can make you date a 18 year old girl when your only 14!!
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by cheekee(f): 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2006
older guys -yeees wink wink
younger guys-nooo waaay undecided
but some people don't care and i don't really question myself why cause this thing called love is crazy,it can make you date a 18 year old girl when your only 14!!
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by lunafish(f): 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2006
If you're both adults then age shouldn't be a huge barrier. It;s about mentality mostly.\
However if you're teenagers the age gap should not be more that 3 years. 2 years if one persons not legal yet.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by julietnice(f): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2006
nooooooooooooo i cant date a guy who is younger than me , i prefer a guy that is older and mature
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by LoverBwoy(m): 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2006
julietnice:

nooooooooooooo i can't date a boy who is younger than me , i prefer a boy that is older and mature

and more cash isn't it wink

benin city hmmmm i'd love to visit there hmmmm hmmmm grin
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by LoverBwoy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2006
i have dated 2 people older than me, one by 2 yrs n ther other fews months
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by mamaput(f): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2006
Yes depending on the age,
A girl of 15 should not date a man of 20 something.
She can stick to her mates or wait till she is older.
22 and 99 is also ugly.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by Kave(m): 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2006
Yes! Age is a barrier. If a girl dates and eventually marry a guy her age,younger, or even like 1 or 2 yrs older . Than her then there will b no respect from her. Simple! D gap shud b,like me and my girl,4 yrs diff.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by LoverBwoy(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2006
it's mostly in nigeria most of these things are so forbidden or frowned at,
some girl of 17 going out with a MAN of 26 telling me she's too matured for her mates , that is prostitutions !!!
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by mamaput(f): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2006
Mr loverbwoy
My daughter is 17 she is very mature and responsible for her age. and very fine.
It takes a boy with a lot of self confidence to keep a fine girl like that.
I don't think many boys are impressed from girls that are smarter than them
The only reason she is still with the boy is that they were together since she was 15 he is a year older.
If she breaks up with him now it will hard her to find a boy of her age that is mature.
In the head i mean. If my kid is 17 going on 18 i would rather she is with someone that has packed out of his mothers house ore is about to do so
what dose that have to do with pro
my mum was 9 years younger than my dad , dose that make her a pro.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by whoknoxluv(m): 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2006
Age is no barrier to love, it is love me the way i am not what i am. So plz i personally could love anybody of any age older or younger
but really i love to go for ladies who re younger than i do becos they re obedient than those that re age mate or olde than you
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by mamaput(f): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2006
To be honest i find all this talk of obey carp. real big crap .
I believe in respect on both sides and not a yes sir relationship.
For me who wants obey should go get a maid or slave.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by Hotstepper(f): 3:56am On Mar 22, 2006
same age or older
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:28am On Mar 23, 2006
mamaput

im talking with nigeria nigerians

what is a college or high school girl doing with a graduate who is working and probably wont be able to take her to his office party or functions?

when the girl is in uni and all grown then no problem but if shes in high school/college then hell yeaa,  i don't think any guy would gain anything from a 17yr girl esp when he is well in his 20s apart from the obvious grin
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:30am On Mar 23, 2006
oh yea, "nigeria"

in nigeria 90% of the female are dependent on a guy, so one of the reason a 17yr wont go out with some1 younger or even close to her age is because of money!!
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by easylife00(m): 12:32am On Mar 23, 2006
well age is just a number but all thesame that does not means a man of 25 dating a woman of 35 is not good enough.  1or 2 year older is still ok. So far there is understanding and love in between.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by easylife00(m): 12:35am On Mar 23, 2006
well age is just a number but all thesame that does not mean a man of 25 dating a woman of 35 is not good enough.  1or 2 year older is still ok. So far there is understanding and love in between.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by mamaput(f): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2006
And why are they dependent? the parents don't give them enough pocket money or they are greedy.
The grow up in an environment that tells them look for a man that can take care of you.
By the way its the men that stop their cars to talk to the girls.
I must admit its sad how cheap some girls give themselves for the little things like cola, mars hamburgers.
I will not allow my kids to go out with a man that is hiding them you are right there.
I don't thing that any man anywere in the world can take a high school girlfriend to an office party.
Not only in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by Kave(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2006
Ladies, pls dont fool urselves . Latter on u will b lookin at him as ur mate.U wont know this until there is an argument.But if there is gap btw u both then,ur rela tionship wil b so sweet.Any thing u do pls,think bout the future.
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by mamaput(f): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2006
Is the man not my mate.
Or is a man a God or wannabe lesser god. Like we have in African traditional religion.
Like i said if a man wants a slave he can look for one but in that case don't call her wife but slave,
Re: Do You Think Age Should Be A Barrier In A Relationship? by hotchic1(f): 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2007
I dont really think i want to date a younger guy,i justdont feel comfortable with it,but i can date older guys,not more than 10years difference though.
mamaput:

Yes depending on the age,
A girl of 15 should not date a man of 20 something.
She can stick to her mates or wait till she is older.
22 and 99 is also ugly.

It doesnt matter,i was 15 when i started going out and my guy was 22 then,its almost two years now and am enjoying every bit of it because the guy pampers you a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Do I Leave Her Or: ? / Rules Of Love For The Ladies! / This Year Should Be Our Year: Efuah & I!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.