Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:36 AM

At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? (47128 Views)

Can A Woman Get Pregnant This Way Without Loosing Her Virginity??? / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ginky: 12:20am On Jun 11, 2011
What Age Would You Consider The Most Appropriate For A Man And A Woman To:

Hey guys, its being a while I posted a topic here on nairaland. Hope you've all being good? Please, I want your wise replies and reasons for whatever answers you come up with.

My question is: what is the age range for a man or a woman get married? I know a lot of things come into play like being ready mentally, emotionally ,financially because a lot of men would want to be "settled" as they like to say. I don't have a problem with this at all just that their idea on being "settled" means being excessively rich(nothing wrong with it either just that I feel it's too extreme).

Now, assuming all things being equal (at least good enough), what age would you consider the right age to get married? I know people would say that there is no such thing as the right age and I agree completely that's why I prefer to use "age-range". Lets just use a rough scale.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Dyt(f): 12:28am On Jun 11, 2011
Lol

I was joking ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by lepasharon(f): 3:05am On Jun 11, 2011
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ginky: 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ Dyt- I said "wise" replies not "any" reply, lol
@ Lepasharon- Ok but is it for a man or a woman?
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
I wanna get married at 27  cool cool

so help me God!

Amen
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Goldieluks: 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
29 for a man,because,most men are more matured at this age,and are able to take responsibility.
25 for a woman,because,most women are matured enough at this age,and are able to keep a home.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
Goldie are u saying when im 27, im not matured

dont let me kick you back to London angry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Goldieluks: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
190 am not referring to you,i meant it in a general sense.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ginky: 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ 190-hmmn, to be honest, I was expecting your post to be sarcastic as I have been noticing for quite sometime now(no offence intended). Thanks oh.
@ Goldieluks- Your reply really makes sense. Thanks.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
20 - 25.   others are just doing it for doing sake embarassed  this period is the best! cool
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by erico2k2(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2011
the age is when you are WILLING AND ABLE

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by r231(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
20 for men

18 for woman grin cheesy
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
r231:

20 for men

18 for woman grin cheesy
why the laugh! you are damn correct! you remember those days ppl live to 200yrs or more,they marry at 50-60. so now ppl die before 100, i think you are right!
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
Goldieluks:

190 am not referring to you,i meant it in a general sense.

Well once a man passes age 27 theres no need to marry

The best time for a man to marry is within 25 - 27 angry angry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ginky: 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
lol 190, why do you say so?
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
cos thats when his sexual appetite is at its peak angry angry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^ exactly
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2011
Goood -- My advice to any dude above 27 and dont married

You have passed your peak -- You are sexually frustrated and passed your prime

Just do ashawo till you OLD meet your God -- No need

Its a well known fact, that once you are above 27 and you try having a family, you tend to flop and your family is mostly disorganised (Oxford dictionary,2011)

check page 12 angry angry
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by lepasharon(f): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ Ginky a woman must be married b4 d age of thirty! is 25 not d average age a man can get married at any time their fertility doesnt wear off with age wwomen have a sell by date!
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by OMG1: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2011
Men: Anytime he is willing and able but Not more than 40 yrs
Women: Anytime she feels matured but not more than 35 Years
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by 190: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2011
lepasharon:

@ Ginky a woman must be married b4 d age of thirty! is 25 not d average age  a man can get married at any time  their fertility doesnt wear off with age wwomen have a sell by date!

dont be deceived

a woman can marry at any time and men's official age is 27

read articles or Journals OK

What age did abraham marry -- he married at age 25 and his wife sarah married her husband at age 90

do the math  undecided
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Syenite(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
Well it depends on several factors such as Level of Education, Ethnic group, The company one keeps etc

-For level of education: People who are illeterate are more likely to marry earlier especailly women eg age 17-20. Our slow educational system slows educated people down.

-Ehnic group: Some ethnic groups encouarge their youths to get married early whether they are buoyant or not.Eg[b] Hausa [/b] men marry with little or nothing in their pockets.During my NYSC I had a couple of Hausa guys that were married. The Yorubas also encourage their young men to marry early whether they have a good paying job or not.It is the family of the bride that encure the wedding expenses. Most Yoruba men get married before age 30 and most Yoruba women get married before age 28. For the[b] Igbos [/b] the average age to get married for men is 35yrs! Most of them get married from 33 and above.I am Igbo but got married at 30 and my people grossly believed I got married too early! Men, I had a high paying job and a stable relationship-a beautiful Angel from a good family background who had also graduated, so what next?
Igbo ladies get married late because the Igbo men who will marry them delay in marrying.

-The company one keeps: Men that hang out alot with friends end up marrying late:-not willing to let go of the brother-hood.

All in all I think the[b] best [/b] age range for men to get married is 28 - 32

And for ladies  it is 23 -28

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ojez101(m): 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2011
any u feel like
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by ojez101(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
any time u feel u are mature anuf 4 the commitment, but should be between the age of 27 to 34 for men and 22 to 28 for ladies

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Drealtor: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2011
I want to believe this should be when he his READY which is relative. READY here means not only the wherewithal to get married but psychologically ready too.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by MeGaStReEt: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2011
When you are willing and CAPABLE
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by oiseworld: 12:17am On Jun 12, 2011
ladie 24 and above.

guys 27 and above and should be independent, and interested.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Ruq: 1:55am On Jun 12, 2011
You should get married at 20 as long as you gat finance then divorce 3 years after marry again and divorce 5yrs after then you marry again and think of a till death do us path.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by annita19(f): 2:09am On Jun 12, 2011
22-25 for a lady @ u should be done with college and masters etc. And I guess at this age a woman would be able to handle things that re involved in a marriage.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by donsteady(m): 3:20am On Jun 12, 2011
well i will say the best age range for ladies should be 25 to 29 a lady of such age must have had more than 3 broking heart and fully ready to tolerate alot.
for guys hmmmmmm. it should be from 28 to maximum 33,

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 12, 2011
a woman 25, a man 30 to 35. For the man, thats if u don't plan on having a large family! if not marry earlier.
Re: At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? by daroz(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2011
It should not be by age, but it should depend on your maturity and finanacial status.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Flaunts His Old Oyinbo Girlfriend (Photos) / What Killed Your Feelings For A Lady? / My Girlfriend Keeps Proposing To Me But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.