Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (27780 Views)

Poll: 'War' On Nairaland: Which Side Are You On?

Nigerians In Nigeria: 47% (73 votes)
Nigerians In Diaspora: 52% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Tats(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2007
shango:

And rereading the first couple of pages in the thread I posted about Nigerian Citizenship thread, it hit me how elitist Nigerians in Diaspora really are. There are people in Nigeria 100 times smarter than me, that choose to stay in Nigeria and struggle through living daily life in Naija. It seems most people that find their way to the West, have a "better than thou" attitude like somehow being in the West puts you at an advantage or makes you smarter than your brethren still in the motherland. Again I will argue it requires more smarts and strength of character to carve out a living in Nigeria and some may argue coming to the West is actually taking the easy way out (some not I though). You guys like me here in the States or other Western countries, please, stop the looking down of those back home. They are not stupid or lesser than us and you are not a genius or smart alek for finding your way to the West. Even Mexican Laborers with no education can make it to the USA and carve a living and make enough money to get a lease on that Benz or Audi that you snap pictures of and send back home to give the illusion that you are living it up in the states.

Where in the various posts on this thread have you seen where a NID categorically mentioned that He or She is better that the NINs? Dont create what is not existing. This thread is all about yabbing our various means of livelihood irrespective of where we live and most of these career presumptions are not true anyway. This is purely an internet affair and most of us (both NINs and NIDs) would be suprised if we met each other or knew what we did for a living.

For your information, many of us have also worked in Nigeria and know the challenges of living and working in both environments. Life is not without its challenges. Nobody is claiming to be a smart alec here or posing. We are just discussing the social conditions of where live.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by gilgee(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ Tats
Well said bro. Thx, smiley
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2007
Next! wink
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by omoge(f): 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2007
@babyosisi,

i wonder wetin we do that Pawpaw guy. I guess he like us too much and didn't know how to say it. when i saw what he wrote, i laughed too hard. Frustration from lack of love and visa can be deadly to the mind. you can toast me when am done with college o pawpaw my brother.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

Next!!!!!  Una go tire!!!! grin grin grin grin grin  Una dey answer Paw Paw abi?

Jehovah Jireh!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2007
babeelove I thought you said you have now been washed by the blood and baptized with a new name
stop instigating grin

I'm loving it though

Omoge no mind am,if he finds a way to come over to even kiss dead bodi  goodnite for a living,he'll be here before you say O B A L E N D E
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2007
babyosisi:

[b]babeelove I thought you said you have now been washed by the blood and baptized with a new name[/b]stop instigating grin

I'm loving it though

Omoge no mind am,if he finds a way to come over to even kiss dead bodi  goodnite for a living,he'll be here before you say O B A L E N D E

Yes oh!  Me ke? Instigating? How can? You no see as a dey waka these days?  Please I am still nursing my injuries from the war.  I say carry come my sister!  You have power to fight ikanka spirit abi?

Omoge, Osisi--- I say carry come oh!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

El Shadai! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2007
Yes oh! Me ke? Instigating? How can? You no see as a dey waka these days? Please I am still nursing my injuries from the war. I say carry come my sister! You have power to fight ikanka spirit abi?
Omoge, Osisi--- I say carry come oh!!!!

ikanka pawa,pawaless pawaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pawaless pawa grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by omoge(f): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2007
shalom to you Bebelove

shalom to ya pawpaw (that one dey hustle around now dey find money around lagos)
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2007
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!! cheesy

babyosisi:

ikanka pawa,pawaless pawaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pawaless pawa grin

omoge:

shalom to you Bebelove

shalom to ya pawpaw (that one dey hustle around now dey find money around lagos)

Shalom oh!!!!!

Singing Agartha Moses

Ikanka power ye-ye power oh
Jisos power  super power oh!

Favor is my name-----------favor oh---------------favor is my name!
Jehovah you are so good----------you are so good
Jehovah you are so good oh---- you are so good------la la la la la la

I say I dey worship with una oh!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2007
jehovah you are so excellent.you are so good.

Oh lord I am very very grateful,for all you have done for me
Onye nwanyi onu juru m n'ekele
I am saying thank you daddy!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2007
That's ma girl! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2007
Ekwensu nile, ne na gba gba ni men n'du mo

Okapara chineka bineti wini mee ghi de ha!!!!

Omu chineke meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Onye merikan bu oh! Onye meri kan bu oh

Mee ghi de ha eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by debosky(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ Shango Mexico is poorer and less developed than Nigeria

na wa o! I'll come back to this fallacious reasoning later. I'm still busy at work now

No one is claiming to be better, if anything, Paw-Paw claims all the NIDs are shit-packers, while he is so rich he is called CBN and doesn't get called 'nigger' everyday like the NIDs while constantly avoiding armed robber bullets on his way to and from his air conditioned Lagos mansion.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2007
Heh

On the mountain, down the valley----------------------

the lord is my portion in the land of the living

my lord is good, for ever more-----------------

Gbemisoke!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2007
Na gwoh de allah!

Na gwoh de allah!

Ogheneme---------------WORUNO!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by seun001(m): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2007
ok,new recruit NIN reporting for duty,am expecting directives for total battering of all NID's.think y'all should run for cover cos am gonna be battering  all including the so called UN.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2007
Rock of ages, cleft for me------------------
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by debosky(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2007
babeelove your hausa dey one kain o

its 'nagode allah' wink

mr new NIN recruit, you better hush up pipsqueak before I report you to EFCC for yahoo yahoo-ism right now grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by seun001(m): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2007
i have just been wondering why our NID's are assumed to be only shit packers,no be only shit dem dey pack,most of them be trailer drivers,NIN's if u can recall the dangote trawlers,ehen thats wot am talking about.u think its because dem dey go gym,lailai!!!

one of them was even telling me how he washes a pot this taller than him.i cometalk say make him waka come back,abi if u dont know where u are going at least u return to where u are coming from.chikena
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by seun001(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2007
@debosky
who gave u the audacity to comment on my post,u r supposed to be following odas.ur punishment is,
u wll be posted to PH right this moment.gues u know wots happening there so u dont need directives on wot to do.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PTH(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2007
seun001:

ok,new recruit NIN reporting for duty,am expecting directives for total battering of all NID's.think y'all should run for cover because am going to be battering  all including the so called UN.

Where you dey since? NEPA just bring light for your area or you're using a cybercafe with generator?

All these members of the Nairaland Church of Christ. . . na wa o. Go church yesterday u no gree.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2007
debosky:

babeelove your hausa dey one kain o

its 'nagode allah' wink

mr new NIN recruit, you better hush up pipsqueak before I report you to EFCC for yahoo yahoo-ism right now grin grin grin
At least I try---make you dey dia they fight!  grin

Who tell you say i be Nigerian?  Na American dey talk so!  I shame for una!--Clutching at my blue passport even tighter and kissing it with pride!  At least here I do not have to deal with NINs or NIDs!!!!!!!!

E go hard!  I say e go hard!  Is this Nigeria or what

Singing jare!

I surrender all!!!!!  I surrender all!!!  Come to Jisos, Blessed saviour----I surrender all!!!!  

Na God go save all of una!  Carry go jo!  Make una kill unaselves make bakassi come inherit Nigeria.  Then I fit come back! grin

Yet church full for efry corner for Nairaland and Nigeria!  Tufiakwa! Okotie them just dey chop una money for nathing!!! grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by zigbo(f): 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2007
@zigbo

tomorrow na u go ask if uk na abroad. as u take watch d match on tv,na so we jst go balance for stadium dey watch am live at the end of the day we shake hands with this fellas.
In your dream, your warped dream that is. Even if you wanted to shake their hands by the time you finish washing all the pots and pans in the stadium kitchen they would have left the stadium. Take a day off next week.

mr pawpaw unfortunately in the stadium they "take away"their snacks. bt.w seriously u dint know that   aww embarassed ,nywyz while u were busy chasing yellow buses (baba agberoo) i was busy shaking hands with only those that played well in the match. well i feel your sorrow bu' dnt worry, the good Lord that gave me this oppurtuinity will do same 4u,  . . abego no go shout the kind loud amen wey go make the 5mins light them give una dissapear o undecided tongue
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2007
the way babeelove is butchering the Igbo language in that song weaken me O.

@ debo,I almost collapsed when I saw the Nigeria being richer than Mexico claim.
The guy says he lives in Maryland,I wonder if he makes it outside his room in the war zone of capitol heights to even read a copy of the Washigton post grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PTH(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2007
All the members of the "make una dey dia dey fight" attention seekers club, we have now noticed you please spare us all the failed attempts at humor.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
babyosisi:

the way babeelove is butchering the Igbo language in that song weaken me O.

@ debo,I almost collapsed when I saw the Nigeria being richer than Mexico claim.
The guy says he lives in Maryland,I wonder if he makes it outside his room in the war zone of capitol heights to even read a copy of the Washigton post grin

Please no blame me.  Nigeria does not have it's own alphabetical system with over 250 mushroom languages---- so anything goes when you stick to the colonially inherited language.  Or do you have Ibo alphabets? grin  Whosai!  Thank you mama charley oh!  We would stll be using sign language now! grin

I am not Ibo, hausa, bini, Urhobo, yoruba or any other tribe in Africa but I attempted to write some of ya funny langs here---You think it is easy?  See as una dey write abi na butcher English for hai? You know it is not easy now! shocked
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2007
PTH:

All the members of the "make una dey dia dey fight" attention seekers club, we have now noticed you please spare us all the failed attempts at humor.

Uh hummmmmmmmm!  I was waiting!  I beg Osisi---stretch hand pass me my bag for under chair thia-- make I dey go!!!!  Ooooooooooo!  No amount of prayers fit help this one! lipsrsealed

Zooooooooooooooms Off! Rubbish!

Not even in "read mode only"! angry
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by seun001(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2007
@PTH,
hey aboki,
no be nepa them dey call am now,u hear,na  PHCN.
and na siddon look i dey do before i see say make i jump in.

for where, am sure Ibo get alphabet,as them flog i reach for school u refuse let am enter u saw dust head.na him u just dey massacre the alphabet.a resposible NIN should please educate.

P.S-listen now ooooo!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by toshmann(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Singing jare!
I surrender all!!!!!  I surrender all!!!  Come to Jisos, Blessed saviour----I surrender all!!!!  

Na God go save all of una!  Carry to jo!  Make una kill unaselves make bakassi come inherit Nigeria.  Then I fit come back! grin

Yet church full for efry corner for Nairaland and Nigeria!  Tufiakwa! Okotie them just dey chop una money for nathing!!! grin

singing out too

i have a very sweet girlfriend, cheesy cheesy cheesy
she is always by my side, cheesy cheesy cheesy
a very sweet babe o cheesy cheesy cheesy
by my side by my side cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2007
toshmann:

singing out too

i have a very sweet girlfriend, cheesy cheesy cheesy
she is always by my side, cheesy cheesy cheesy
a very sweet babe o cheesy cheesy cheesy
by my side by my side cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by seun001(m): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2007
@PTH,
well done,specially done the CNN way.that is total speculation as no directive has been given to that effect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications / Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling / BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.