Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It (13937 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Tribunal Nullified The Election Of Senator Athan Achonu. / Athan Nneji Achonu: The One-Armed Senator-elect / Patience Jonathan Builds New Mansion In Okrika (Photos) - Citypeople Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Reggie2(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kay1kay1:

Do these politicians have proper advisers or YES MEN and YES WOMEN? If there is money, fix the old roads at least. Set up 25-hour independent power plants. Then boast about the achievements.

Way back in the Secondary School days we call this OP (off point). So advisers will tell a private investor to put his money on fixing of bad roads and fixing of power problems abi? Thank God Achonu does not have people like you as an adviser!!! He will be ruined for life!!! This project is not a national cake from the Federal government. The wind blows where it wills. If another potential hotelier decides to put his money in this sector - I am planning to do so - no federal decree would forbid me I suppose.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Solozzo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
where is the electricity to sustain such projects
We need the required electricity water transport and security before we can ever dream of such a project
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by luckymome(f): 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
he can go ahead and build whatever thing he wants to build, so long as it will give work to the youth
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by sayso: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
By stating he will build new dubai means failure already before starting,everyone remember the Tinapa slogan,free trade like Dubai and what happened,it failed.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chines4(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
Good project, and definitely good return on Investment. Hotel business in Owerri can't go wrong. All Imo state big boys stay's in Hotels in Owerri instead of their country home.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
Wrong idea. The level of prostitution in Owerre is second to none in Nigeria. I remembered the last time I passed thru Owerre on my way to Onitsha, it was a horrible sight to behold. The Imo state gov should channel the investing citizens to go into manufacturing industries, it could be light industries. For imo state to attract people to itself, it has to invest in human capital, invest in industries, invest on things that can give people employment to be able to stem the population and new ones will emigrate to the town
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by igboboy1(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^ ashawo na work o grin, Prostitution or kidnapping/armed robbery which one is better?

Instead the govt should figure out how to tax these hard workers to increase the tax revenue wink
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
All na the same. We have identified what their girls does most. Maybe you can find out what their men are into. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ak47mann(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2011
abegooo i love umu nwanyi owerri i enjoy the town is happening trust me nice city and girls looking like mummy water tongue and owerri/imo girls can bleep very well grin grin
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
grin grin grin rifle. why didn't you marry any of them or are they not marriageable? grin. Well don't like the town is a small sodom. grin
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ak47mann(m): 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
i will marry owerri/imo girl someday cheesy
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Abagworo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
chino11:

grin grin grin rifle. why didn't you marry any of them or are they not marriageable? grin. Well don't like the town is a small sodom. grin

Bad question
ak47mann:

i will marry owerri/imo girl someday cheesy

Good answer.

Igbo kwenu!!
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by FACE(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
Some people are very silly and absolute knob heads. How can anyone in their right senses be talking about what another person should do with his own money ? If any of you twats want some other investments, why don't put your money where your mouths are ? Is there any law that has restricted any of the twats here from investing in any venture they want to invest in.

Some people here are incorrigible skeptics, everlasting whingers, bad bellians, lazy brained paupers, cannot invest a kobo to save their lives and completely reliant on paid employments , yet would want to talk about how others should invest their money.

He who dares - wins. Leave they man alone and don't cry more than the bereaved. If he fails, he fails and if he wins he wins. It's his money after all.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by igboboy1(m): 5:19am On Aug 06, 2011
Chino ke de ihe ndi owerri mere gi? U be bashing all parts of ala igbo from onitsha to aba to owerri apart from your area, awka
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by rhymz(m): 5:45am On Aug 06, 2011
chino11:

Wrong idea. The level of prostitution in Owerre is second to none in Nigeria. I remembered the last time I passed thru Owerre on my way to Onitsha, it was a horrible sight to behold. The Imo state gov should channel the investing citizens to go into manufacturing industries, it could be light industries. For imo state to attract people to itself, it has to invest in human capital, invest in industries, invest on things that can give people employment to be able to stem the population and new ones will emigrate to the town
you sound like a stray eeediot that just like to see his post on the pages of NL however stooopid it is.
What exactly do you mean by level of prostitution in owerri is second to none? Have you lived there before or just echoing stoopid careless rumours from uninformed co-eediots like yourself?
Or your journey to onitsha en rout owerri gave you all that information about the state? This shows how petty and small-minded this nitwit is, how old are you again?
People should understand issues before mouthing off and spewing ridiculous ignorance from the cavity on their ugly faces. Imo's proximity to Port hatcourt and Aba makes it a confluence state for relaxation and tourism and any biz man with insight will know that. Besides, the state boasts of very educated public and socially savvy population even though not as ethnically heterogeneuos as say Lagos, Portharcout or ABJ. Contrary to what many of us would have expected, I think there is an appreciable amount of people there with buying and spending power. That is why you would walk into say Maris supermarket or Destiny supermarket and see large amount of people entering and leaving them.
Owerri is a fine town, well planned with very good and well connected underground system for draining water when there is a flood. The road network is not bad too, even though it is obvious there is need for fly overs to release the traffic on douglas and wetheral roads that is experienced almost every night.
Another thing the town has going for it is its clean and asthetic environment, the sense of organization and good planning that you get when you go through the streets. People build houses the right places and markets are located in very open places with readily avaible tricycles to take you anywhere. The fact that okada transport was ristricted to remote places and not in town makes it easier to walk on the streets with the fear of some overzealous bikerman bashing into you in their usual crazy manner.
As for the complaints of the City being overpopulated with hotels, that is laughable and not true, infact, for every hotel you find ib Owerri, there are 5 in places like Lagos and Abuja. May be the fact that a lot of the hotels are kind of concentrated in one place gives people an overbloated impression that the town is saturated or overrun by hotel.
More investments in the state is welcomed whether hotel or a manufacturing business.

1 Like

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Concept(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2011
TINAPA!! That is the case study. My chief, look before you leap.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2011
igbo boy:

Chino ke de ihe ndi owerri mere gi? U be bashing all parts of ala igbo from onitsha to aba to owerri apart from your area, awka

Am from Anambra, I didn't bash Onitsha its my place since its part of my state of origin. I have never joined issues with owerri, Aba or else where. My point is that Owerri is already over flowing with girls business thereby giving the state a very ill and negative perception. Investors in imo should think about something else that can really make the state a destination of where people can live and work, not only to go to owerri because of mere owerri women thereby making the state appear like a sodom of a sort."sin city".

Today a place like Calabar is more beautiful than PH,Lagos and Onitsha, but you will agree with me that we have more people visiting Onitsha,PH and lagos to either live or work more than the people heading to Calabar to live and work even with all the decoration and Tinapa project. There are things you will be looking for, they will ask you to go to lagos or Onitsha for that product by so doing such place becomes a destination.

Imo people should start thinking towards the path of industrialization, manufacturing and general job creation. Ohakim tried it when he wanted to create 10k jobs imo, though I don't know which means he wanted to create those jobs. So get it right
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2011
rhymz:

you sound like a stray eeediot that just like to see his post on the pages of NL however stooopid it is.
What exactly do you mean by level of prostitution in owerri is second to none? Have you lived there before or just echoing stoopid careless rumours from uninformed co-eediots like yourself?
Or your journey to onitsha en rout owerri gave you all that information about the state? This shows how petty and small-minded this nitwit is, how old are you again?
People should understand issues before mouthing off and spewing ridiculous ignorance from the cavity on their ugly faces. Imo's proximity to Port hatcourt and Aba makes it a confluence state for relaxation and tourism and any biz man with insight will know that. Besides, the state boasts of very educated public and socially savvy population even though not as ethnically heterogeneuos as say Lagos, Portharcout or ABJ. Contrary to what many of us would have expected, I think there is an appreciable amount of people there with buying and spending power. That is why you would walk into say Maris supermarket or Destiny supermarket and see large amount of people entering and leaving them.
Owerri is a fine town, well planned with very good and well connected underground system for draining water when there is a flood. The road network is not bad too, even though it is obvious there is need for fly overs to release the traffic on douglas and wetheral roads that is experienced almost every night.
Another thing the town has going for it is its clean and asthetic environment, the sense of organization and good planning that you get when you go through the streets. People build houses the right places and markets are located in very open places with readily avaible tricycles to take you anywhere. The fact that okada transport was ristricted to remote places and not in town makes it easier to walk on the streets with the fear of some overzealous bikerman bashing into you in their usual crazy manner.
As for the complaints of the City being overpopulated with hotels, that is laughable and not true, infact, for every hotel you find ib Owerri, there are 5 in places like Lagos and Abuja. May be the fact that a lot of the hotels are kind of concentrated in one place gives people an overbloated impression that the town is saturated or overrun by hotel.
More investments in the state is welcomed whether hotel or a manufacturing business.

You are being silly, arrogant and unrealistic in your argument. All these nonsense talk about Owerri, people rather go to Calabar for relaxation than Owerri. I for one rather go to Awka, Enugu than going to Owerri for relaxation. So stop, you guys should think of something better to do than building mushroom hotels every corner for commercial sex worker all over the already small town, I heard that most of the girls are imo students schooling in and around owerri. Individual in imo state should start investing on manufacturing to be able to have mix development.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by UpDates1(m): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2011
angry angry angry
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by igboboy1(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2011
chino11:

Am from Anambra, I didn't bash Onitsha its my place since its part of my state of origin. I have never joined issues with owerri, Aba or else where. My point is that Owerri is already over flowing with girls business thereby giving the state a very ill and negative perception. Investors in imo should think about something else that can really make the state a destination of where people can live and work, not only to go to owerri because of mere owerri women thereby making the state appear like a sodom of a sort."sin city".

Today a place like Calabar is more beautiful than PH,Lagos and Onitsha, but you will agree with me that we have more people visiting Onitsha,PH and lagos to either live or work more than the people heading to Calabar to live and work even with all the decoration and Tinapa project. There are things you will be looking for, they will ask you to go to lagos or Onitsha for that product by so doing such place becomes a destination.

Imo people should start thinking towards the path of industrialization, manufacturing and general job creation. Ohakim tried it when he wanted to create 10k jobs imo, though I don't know which means he wanted to create those jobs. So get it right

amaram ebe awka di, that place is just a huge red sand mega village, have you seen the govt complex and its surrounding? chai ka chineke mere unu ebere, Owerri is more bustling than Awka no comparison, You are right that people look for when going to live in certain places and its not the level of ashawos.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ak47mann(m): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2011
^^^
let me ask you One question, which year did babangida created ANAMBRA STATE capital AKWA?
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by igboboy1(m): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2011
^^ dont know
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2011
igbo boy:

amaram ebe awka di, that place is just a huge red sand mega village, have you seen the govt complex and its surrounding? chai ka chineke mere unu ebere, Owerri is more bustling than Awka no comparison, You are right that people look for when going to live in certain places and its not the level of ashawos.

We are not here to compare cities. Well am sure you have not been to Awka in the last 10years that implies your junk comment, if you have then you will think before making silly comments. Owerri as I know is so small that is not even as big as a single estate in Awka. As I said earlier Owerri is home for whores and nothing good comes out of that kitchen town. My argument is that your people and your govt should stop building brothel for prostitution business empire in your owerri and focus on those projects that will grow the economy of the state and IGR. Like as I said earlier people go to Calabar, Obudu for relaxation and not some back yard owerri town. As for me, give me Awka, Enugu even Abakaliki for relaxation and leisure.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Abagworo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2011
Hey my friend chino11 please do not die out of bitterness or jealousy.That Owerri is one of the most beautiful and mordern cities is a thing of pride for the Igbo nation.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2011
chino11:

We are not here to compare cities. Well am sure you have not been to Awka in the last 10years that implies your junk comment, if you have then you will think before making silly comments. Owerri as I know is so small that is not even as big as a single estate in Awka. As I said earlier Owerri is home for whores and nothing good comes out of that kitchen town. My argument is that your people and your govt should stop building brothel for prostitution business empire in your owerri and focus on those projects that will grow the economy of the state and IGR. Like as I said earlier people go to Calabar, Obudu for relaxation and not some back yard owerri town. As for me, give me Awka, Enugu even Abakaliki for relaxation and leisure.

what is it with you always attacking your brothers lol. owerri is a beautiful and lovely city , i myself spend weekends there ,dis one your mentioning ashawos did  fight with any of them cus i have not  noticed any difference in level of prostitution there and other nigerian cities including calabar and awka.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2011
Abagworo:

Hey my friend chino11 please do not die out of bitterness or jealousy.That Owerri is one of the most beautiful and mordern cities is a thing of pride for the Igbo nation.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Its of pride to imo people not for Igbo nation, correct it please. Modern city owerri? On students prostitution lol. Am not concerned with your dirtiness or cleanliness. Instead of focusing on the things that can improve their economy and IGR, your people are busy developing brothels all over to increase the level of the menace grin. grin Goodluck anyways
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Abagworo(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
chino11:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Its of pride to imo people not for Igbo nation, correct it please. Modern city owerri? On students prostitution lol. Am not concerned with your dirtiness or cleanliness. Instead of focusing on the things that can improve their economy and IGR, your people are busy developing brothels all over to increase the level of the menace grin. grin Goodluck anyways

It is either you are not an Igbo man or you are Efulefu being used as an agent of division.The Anambra you talk of is a Nigerian creation and has no sharp difference with Imo.Ihiala is Orsu while much of Nnewi south is Isu which makes them the same people with Orlu in Imo State.Same as Aguata,Uga,Ekwulobia,They are all Isu people.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by chino11(m): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
shattap. Anambra does not have anything in common with Imo. Am from Uga precisely we do not have anything in common with Imo people except for the boundary. Anambra is entirely different people and again Anambra does not marry Imo. So don't join on us here on NL with your Isu
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Abagworo(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2011
chino11:

shattap. Anambra does not have anything in common with Imo. Am from Uga precisely we do not have anything in common with Imo people except for the boundary. Anambra is entirely different people and again Anambra does not marry Imo. So don't join on us here on NL with your Isu
@bolded.You must be a small boy not to know that Uga and Akokwa are Isu people.Go ask your Daddy.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ezeagu(m): 12:38am On Aug 07, 2011
I don't understand people who identify so strongly with states. Somebody from Oka is not the same as a person from Onicha, and will be told this.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by igboboy1(m): 6:46am On Aug 07, 2011
ezeagu:

I don't understand people who identify so strongly with states. Somebody from Oka is not the same as a person from Onicha, and will be told this.

No mind that small boy,

chino11:

Boy you sick or what? o dika haa pia gi utali mgbe e bu nwatakiri, Efulefulism is your diagnosis, ezigbo utali is the prescription
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by gidson12(m): 7:44am On Aug 07, 2011
lol, division within the camp. . . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attack At Bale In Maiduguri: 15 Killed, 55 Persons Injured / Gani Adams Appointed As Amotekun Ambassador By Seyi Makinde / Ngige: We Did Everything Possible To Stop Doctors’ Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.