Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It (13938 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Tribunal Nullified The Election Of Senator Athan Achonu. / Athan Nneji Achonu: The One-Armed Senator-elect / Patience Jonathan Builds New Mansion In Okrika (Photos) - Citypeople Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2011
i also noticed that owerri have the best and biggest hotels in the whole eastern nigeria, very neat and peacful city just like enugu and calabar.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by gidson12(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
Abagworo:

Owerri inspite of being small in landmass and population is the second most bubbling city in the entire East after Port-Harcourt.You cannot get Hotel accommodation in Owerri during weekends.It is probably the most saturated city in Nigeria in terms of available Hotel room space.Owerri is also the most mordern city in the East.
very true, i live at ph and i do hear ppl talking about bubbling life at owerri during the weekends,
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by romeo(m): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2011
Abagworo:

Owerri inspite of being small in landmass and population is the second most bubbling city in the entire East after Port-Harcourt.[/b]You cannot get Hotel accommodation in Owerri during weekends.It is probably the most saturated city in Nigeria in terms of available Hotel room space.[b]Owerri is also the most mordern city in the East.

PH is not in the East, And Enugu is in the East too. Enugu is the most bubbling Eastern city, and without doubt light years ahead of owerri in modernity. We can promote Owerri without lying about it.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ezeagu(m): 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2011
Abagworo:

Owerri inspite of being small in landmass and population is the second most bubbling city in the entire East after Port-Harcourt.You cannot get Hotel accommodation in Owerri during weekends.It is probably the most saturated city in Nigeria in terms of available Hotel room space.Owerri is also the most mordern city in the East.

But of course you're not biased at all. grin

romeo:

PH is not in the East

What? Geographically Port Harcourt is in Eastern Nigeria and is very close to Owere, so when we're talking about economy of each city they will have some sort of impact on the other. We're not talking about nonsense Nigerian politics.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
romeo:

PH is not in the East, And Enugu is in the East too. Enugu is the most bubbling Eastern city, and without doubt light years ahead of owerri in modernity. We can promote Owerri without lying about it.

i dont agree with that ph ,calabar,uyo are all east we are not talking about south east we are talking about the eastern part of nigeria , secondly enugu might be more modern but owerri is more bubbling with more clubs, hotels and hang out spots.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2011
imagins if tinapa was built in owerri cheesy cheesy
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ezeagu(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2011
Imagine if a shiny new industrial complex was built in Owere.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by lagcity(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2011
another hotel? the guy has good intentions but it is not enough. try something creative, not another hotel. boring.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2011
good plan mehn!
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Akwafina: 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2011
boring project. because of 1 hootel na him una dey talk for here. I schooled in owerri and the place is dry joor. The people need industrial jobs not freaking hotels.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Abagworo(m): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2011
romeo:

Na wa for you.Port Harcourt is not even as mordern as Owerri.Apart from Calabar,Enugu is the oldest city in the East.Let us not mistaken beauty with the time of development.Enugu and Calabar have the oldest buildings in the East while Owerri has the most mordern.Calabar is the finest though.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
I feel that until we find some way to coordinate our individual private efforts at developing the south east, the numerous projects scattered all over the place would not make much of an impact. As a people, we need to see the bigger picture of pooling our resources together for the good of Ndigbo as a whole, and not just be concerned with sighting every and any project in our 'backyard' just to say that my village has this and that. Areas with comparative advantage with regards to different types of projects should be explored and the projects sited there as far as the place in question is in the south east.

Aba and Nnewi should be made the industrial hubs of the south east; Onitsha- the commercial hub; Enugu- should be the capital of Alaigbo with the sighting of entertainment, tourist and conferencing projects/facilities; Owerri and Oguta- also should be a tourist and entertainment centres.

Igbo sons and daughters with the financial means need to come together and carry out projects for better results. We need to think big and stop wanting to be the 'lord and oga' of it all. They could then source for extra funds from the stock market and also find ways of utilising the resources (human and financial) of Ndigbo in diaspora.

Opportunities abound for business, like for instance: coal and gas fired power plants; a world class Int'l Airport hotel in Enugu; Lakeside resorts in Oguta; Intergrated mass transportation for the south east, linking Port harcourt, Calabar and Asaba; fashion/textile industries in Aba; world class (kick-a*ss) shopping mall in Onitsha; rice farming in Ebonyi; etc. With all this, criminality will be vastly reduced and the gravitational pull to the south east would be irresitable for investors and those looking for work. All we need is someone with clout (like Soludo for instance) to coordinate and sell SOUTH EAST PLC smiley to the rest of the world.

We need to put Alaigbo on the world map.

1 Like

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by mygee33(m): 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
Me thought Ohakim banned building Hotels there.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by RickyRoss1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
DRlulu:

meeeeen now am missing owerri chai  am going to ala owerri tomorrow  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ngwanu, make we go together. I leave tomorrow evening to return Sunday night. Will be lodging at either Hotel Plaza or All Seasons, depending on availability though.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2011
mygee33:

Me thought Ohakim banned building Hotels there.
why ?
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ak47mann(m): 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2011
Abeg who be real owerri person for here cos i have notice that IMO people all claim owerri mean while most of you people are from MBA ise, MBA ano, we want the owerri indigence to talk not outsiders, tongue tongue
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by RickyRoss1(m): 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

I feel that until we find some way to coordinate our individual private efforts at developing the south east, the numerous projects scattered all over the place would not make much of an impact. As a people, we need to see the bigger picture of pooling our resources together for the good of Ndigbo as a whole, and not just be concerned with sighting every and any project in our 'backyard' just to say that my village has this and that. Areas with comparative advantage with regards to different types of projects should be explored and the projects sited there as far as the place in question is in the south east.

Aba and Nnewi should be made the industrial hubs of the south east; Onitsha- the commercial hub; Enugu- should be the capital of Alaigbo with the sighting of entertainment, tourist and conferencing projects/facilities; Owerri and Oguta- also should be a tourist and entertainment centres.

Igbo sons and daughters with the financial means need to come together and carry out projects for better results. We need to think big and stop wanting to be the 'lord and oga' of it all. They could then source for extra funds from the stock market and also find ways of utilising the resources (human and financial) of Ndigbo in diaspora.

Opportunities abound for business, like for instance: coal and gas fired power plants; a world class Int'l Airport hotel in Enugu; Lakeside resorts in Oguta; Intergrated mass transportation for the south east, linking Port harcourt, Calabar and Asaba; fashion/textile industries in Aba; world class (kick-a*ss) shopping mall in Onitsha; rice farming in Ebonyi; etc. With all this, criminality will be vastly reduced and the gravitational pull to the south east would be irresitable for investors and those looking for work. All we need is someone with clout (like Soludo for instance) to coordinate and sell SOUTH EAST PLC smiley to the rest of the world.

We need to put Alaigbo on the world map.  

MY BRODA YOU MAKE SENSE DIE. I'M SPEECHLESS, YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL, I THINK WE IGBOS ARE NOT AS WISE AS WE CLAIM, WHY DO WE WAIT FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ALL THE TIME, KNOWING VERY WELL THEY DONT FVCKING CARE ABOUT US, ITS HIGH TIME WE DEVELOP OUR LAND BY OURSELVES, WHAT IRRITATES ME MOST IS WHEN WE BRAG ABOUT IGBOS HAVING THE MOST EXPENSIVE HOUSES, COMPANIES AND HOTELS IN LAGOS AND ABUJA, HOW MANY YORUBA OR HUASA PEOPLE HAVE HOTELS, HOUSES AND COMPANIES IN IGBOLAND? WE ARE BIG FOOLS TO SAY THE LEAST, THOSE THAT HAVE EARS, LET THEM HEAR OOOOOOOOOOOOO,

1 Like

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Abagworo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
ak47mann:

Abeg who be real owerri person for here cos i have notice that IMO people all claim owerri mean while most of you people are from MBA ise, MBA ano, we want the owerri indigence to talk not outsiders, tongue tongue

Well indigence of Owerri Nchise are very few but Mbaise,Awaka,Emii,Azara Egbelu,Orji,Emekuku,Naze,Iheagwa,Nekede,Ngor Okpala,Mbieri,Ogbaku,Irete,Orogwe,Mbaitoli,Ikeduru,Ulakwo and other people are in Owerri zone.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by igboboy1(m): 12:05am On Aug 05, 2011
Good heart but Until he finish am then i go duff my cap for am maka o soso onu madu nile ne me this days,
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Reggie2(m): 12:19am On Aug 05, 2011
Most guys on this forum have not asked why a plot of land in owerri costs so much despite there is no meaningful industrial sector. And why would hotel business be striving in a state without federal presence? Imo people single handedly built their airport and the federal side did everything to frustrate its operation but failed. A multi purpose five star hotel will be a catalyst to further development in the state. The business guru knows his onions so broda ride on; this is neither a federal project nor a community effort. Pls. let the guy be.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by FACE(m): 1:30am On Aug 05, 2011
I keep wandering why there are so many hotels in Owerri, but try getting a room at weekends.

romeo:

Enugu and owerri na my ends and they have different kinds of beauty. Owerri was almost built from the scratch and is very modern it terms of layout and outlook. In terms of being modern, I can only give Abuja the flag ahead of Owerri and I have being around Naija. I don't know of any other city in Nigeria with extensive network of underground drainage. Umuahia has it but not as extensive as Owerri.

Now Enugu has natural beauty like northern Nigeria with their rolling hills and in my opinion if they work with Nature would be a sight to behold. Enugu is bigger and probably more bubbling than Owerri but Owerri has better hotels. But one thing I love most about Enugu is the connecting/peripherial road network like these:

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by FACE(m): 1:32am On Aug 05, 2011
or this

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by FACE(m): 1:37am On Aug 05, 2011
Enugu is a fine end in terms of road connections. There are so many of these connections around Enugu, but let me no spam this thread.

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 05, 2011
wow we need to start valuing what he have in nigeria , i think nigerian cities need good clean up for their beuty to really start showing , imaging a clean onitsha ,aba,benin etc

1 Like

Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by exago(m): 8:46am On Aug 05, 2011
the aerial view of these roads are good, but I doubt if the condition of these roads are that good.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by jason2010(m): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2011
Owerri do not need another gaddam hotel, there are waaaay too many hotels. Why don't Chief Achonu use that money for factories to employ youths
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by revolt(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2011
pessimistic bunch. so the man shouldnt build or invest in owerri, pls we need more sons to think like him owerri is bside ph and can easily bcome a tourist centre . we need more of these. after running around nigeria we all intend to settle back home we need to start developing home
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by FACE(m): 9:42am On Aug 05, 2011
jason2010:

Owerri do not need another gaddam hotel, there are waaaay too many hotels. Why don't Chief Achonu use that money for factories to employ youths

It's his money and his call on what to do with it.

exago:

the aerial view of these roads are good, but I doubt if the condition of these roads are that good.

I don't know, but they were quite smooth when I used to walk upon Enugu. They are all fed roads tho, so I won't be shocked if they have gone very bad.
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by whoelse1(m): 9:45am On Aug 05, 2011
revolt:

pessimistic bunch. so the man shouldnt build or invest in owerri, pls we need more sons to think like him owerri is bside ph and can easily bcome a tourist centre . we need more of these. after running around nigeria we all intend to settle back home we need to start developing home
No mind dem bro! Bad belle pple. Ask dem if they even have a five star hotel in theri states. ala owerri lee, my home, my place,
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by ZE: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2011
while i'm happy for the guy for thinking it wise to invest in his home state but i feel,

1. that the project is over hyped(marketing/publicity strategy)

2. what meaningful development can a hotel bring to a community(from the article he portrays himself as a philanthropist/humanitarian). You need to see how young girls and university undergraduates troop in and out of these hotels @ night.

3. Owerri zone need more of industries, factories, skill acquisition centers, free trade zone etc.

4. the total number of hotels in owerri is almost equal to the number of residential buildings. Hotel aka-ikpa aka-iri (try and look for a standard 3 bedroom apartment in owerri and you will be shocked @ the rate/annum).

we still have a long way to go,
Re: Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It by Kay1kay1(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2011
Do these politicians have proper advisers or YES MEN and YES WOMEN? If there is money, fix the old roads at least. Set up 25-hour independent power plants. Then boast about the achievements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake / Buhari To Travel To Equatorial Guinea For Africa-arab Summit / President Buhari meets With APC Governors At The State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.