Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,758 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin (13748 Views)

Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University / Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Healthrelatedjo: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Go ahead with ur nursing and japa once ure done with it. Nigeria has nothing to offer us.
I have a degree in public administration, and now a national diploma in Health information management, any health course is a guaranteed visa out of Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by alhussein9(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nursing ooo..much easier to japa from naija.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by collinsdeity: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
If you are done with Uni apply for nursing through direct entry and start from 200 level. It's a 5 years course. Nursing is among the best paying medical course outside the shores of this country though but in Nigeria it's among the least.

Travelling outside either to US or any European country after your nursing degree is one of the easiest and the pay is Mouth-watering.
Most Neuro-Nurses are even paid more than Doctors outside.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Drchindo: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
go on with it. Many opportunities too if you graduate and want to travel abroad like Uk.

Hope you get RN and midwifery cause UK wants RN not bachelor.
U cannot graduate from University without RN
It a plus if u graduate from a university
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by 36STATES: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
Don't think twice, go for nursing. Your chances in life are brighter with that here in the U.K. My wife's company is recruiting nurses from Nigeria and other African countries everyday, and the process is no more complicated as it used to be. NHS alone is short of 120,000 nurses and doctors, so they will continue the mass recruitment into the nearest future.

3 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by pocohantas(f): 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2022
squash47:
Nursing is better. No business for u to manage again o. Nigeria don cast. Just get d nursing and fly to abroad.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Roadmap2023: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
You need not be confused my dear. Nursing is %100 better than Bus Administration both home and abroad
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Chrisanioma(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nursing
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by franchasofficia: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
Pls nairalanders I need urgent advice. I have ND in business administration but suddenly become interested in nursing, I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

However, my close friends keep telling me to forget the nursing stuff and purchase a direct entry form to complete my B.Sc in business admin. Whats the best option. I'm confused.
N B. I truely wish to change my career to nursing. But not quackery own oo
Pls what do I do?
Go for Farming Practice and make sure you major in Agbado ati Eko, trust me the sky is your starting point from next year after evil Nigerians vote in Agbado Bat into power. You better position yourself for the great opportunity in Agbado and eko sector next year.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by purpleicious(f): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
We are in the same boat.loll
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Captaincool1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
Pls nairalanders I need urgent advice. I have ND in business administration but suddenly become interested in nursing, I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

However, my close friends keep telling me to forget the nursing stuff and purchase a direct entry form to complete my B.Sc in business admin. Whats the best option. I'm confused.
Pls what do I do?
Go for nursing.
Speaking from experience
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by tishbite42: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:

Pls what do I do?
omo go for nursing
The r.n type just 2 years
You'll be happy with yourself

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lovenorth: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
If you are interested to be a slave forever go for Nursing, if you want to be a boss go for MBBS. If you don't have the intellectual and emotional ability to become a medical doctor then you can manage at least with Nursing but you would forever be under the control of a doctor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by tishbite42: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Roadmap2023:
You need not be confused my dear. Nursing is %100 better than Bus Administration both home and abroad
Just home not abroad
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Clementoons: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Houseofglam7:
Apply to be a mod on Nairaland. Nothing beats that. You become a Demi god pro max.
how can i be a mod on nairaland
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by franchasofficia: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
purpleicious:
We are in the same boat.loll
Your lunch will not be imported, there will be agbado for lunch, eko is there, gbegiri ati casava is there.

Imagine how lucrative agbado business will be next year after BAT have recruited 50million youths into the Nigerian army? It will be easy for you to get a contract to supply agbado and cassava to any nearby military barracks at 5,000% ROI, think future my sister

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Chukabiz(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

From art to sciences in one year with only lesson classes. Na so the thing easy?

Good luck shaa

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by adecz: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nursing only makes sense if you
have a possible link to japa❗️❗️

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Adesuwag(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
protocol:
You will never regret it. Another one, someone here on nairaland used his ND to bag a masters in the UK. If d money is there, u can try this otherwise run to nursing please
which kain magic be this one cheesy

3 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by SimpleGuy001: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
enonamso:
Right now with my bsc in accounting I really wish I have the funds to enroll in nursing walahi. There are too many good opportunities that awaits you in that field.

And you feel there are no opportunities in accounting abi? I’m just laughing at you.

Accounting is one of the best course to study if you know what you’re doing in Nigeria.

Opportunities are endless in the finance field.

2 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by PastorandMentor(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
I love Nursing.
Just make sure you further after your Bsc. Be a registered Nurse.
Plan to travel. You go make am
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by PoliteActivist: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nursing of course
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbonti: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
why can’t you be an IT programmer or science teacher especially maths - they are needed so badly in the western world if that’s your plan - must it be nursing ?

Being in the science field especially IT means you can work for your self or for companies anywhere in the world - why must you restrict yourself to make money ONLY IF you can travel to the western world ? to face racism? accent scrutiny? spend years trying to get papers ? and even when you do, you begin to encounter work place politics and decertification threats from racist oyinbo patients ?

i know 3 Nigerian ladies who were nurses and have fled the profession here in the US.. Not only do they work crazy hours, which threatens their marriages, causing infidelity in most cases - divorce, their very jobs involves things that make them cringe - if you don’t like to see or handle nasty things - nursing is not for you - it is not for every body - and last time I checked, from number 1 to 100 of the wealthiest men or women in the world, none is a nurse or even a medical doctor

Lots of the wealthiest people in the world are business/ entrepreneurs and IT professionals and scientist. yes i know Nigeria does not have a promise for the future because of what the leaders have done to her, but IF you are going to school for business admin to be an employee, then you will be frustrated - but if you are going to school to gain knowledge to work for yourself and expand the horizon of your opportunities in life while applying yourself to what you are being taught in school then do your business admin or any other field you are passionate about

The problem with most Nigerian youths is that they do not even study or research anymore - They care about school grades - First class, 2-1 bla bla bla and they achieve these opening their legs and bribing or “blocking” lecturers and then graduate without even being able to defend their certificate, (knowing next to nothing in the curriculum of the so called degree they brandish) and once they finish their so called NYSC they stop learning and want the keys to the nicest office of the best jobs in the world to be handed over to them because of a silly piece of paper they got from a university - called a degree!

the western world all of you are running to or planning to run to is a big school - IF you are allergic to continuous learning which is called “continuous improvement” you won’t survive it, they teach you new things and require you meet new standards at the job almost on daily basis - you take quizzes or exams almost every other week at work to even remain on that job be it nursing or banking or any other profession

Lastly, have you heard of quality ? I guess not or maybe in a different context - well, in the western world, you are constantly being monitored to ensure you get to work on time - (no african time ooo) IF you don’t you get written up and if it continues- you will be fired - your work is constantly being measured and evaluated and you remaining on that job is based on the surveys and approval of your clients, not like in Nigeria where nurses bark orders to their patients - in this case the patients assigned to you must be served courteously …

Even in IT or other fields, there are KPI’s you must meet to keep that job or else you will be sent packing - so western world is not a jolly ride like most japa enthusiast think it is on nairaland

Will the patient like you? do they feel uncomfortable with you? will they tell lies against you just because you are a black person with a foreign accent ? these are the booby traps in the nursing and medical profession in the western world that no one tells you about but they only talk about the money

Lastly as a Nigerian trained nurse, you do not just arrive the US and start working making money right away - you will have to go through the hassle of getting a work authorization which is another kettle of fish (wahala) on its own, then you will have to write some professional exams and pass it which many Nigerian trained nurses struggle with and I see them sleeping at the Library for months to even pass it and many do not - firstly because they have bills to pay so by the time they close from work, they are too tired to even study so they read a little and snore away at the library sleeping helplessly- and secondly, especially those ones who have trained themselves to open legs to pass while in Nigeria by not using their brains can’t accommodate the toughness of retaining information - so the little time they have to even study is spent gazing on their cell phones because they can not comprehend much

Ok, let’s assume studying was successful. After you pass it, you will have to gain some (US) experience to get the desired job that you are anticipating and that means you may have to go work in nursing homes cleaning and wiping up patients - which may not be what you ever want to do but now you are stuck and you have to swim or sink - think about this

so whatever you want to do in life, just do it - nursing oooo business admin ooo whatever - you will prosper and be happy if you love what you are doing than what everyone tells you to do because of monetary anticipation

A word is enough for the wise!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Upworkwriter007(f): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2022
enonamso:

What's RN
That is, you've passed NMCN exam. You can go for school of nursing then sit for NMCN, or get your BSC and sit for NMCN,
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Upworkwriter007(f): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nozino:

You people will just be posting nonsense with confidence!! Someone with Bsc Nursing is also an RN and universally, employers prefer nurses with a Bachelors degree.
In nigeria and the US. There's no difference for UK and Australia.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Upworkwriter007(f): 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:
If you are interested to be a slave forever go for Nursing, if you want to be a boss go for MBBS. If you don't have the intellectual and emotional ability to become a medical doctor then you can manage at least with Nursing but you would forever be under the control of a doctor
This slave scenario applies for Nigeria oo

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by KIDDRICAsHAWK: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
That is, you've passed NMCN exam. You can go for school of nursing then sit for NMCN, or get your BSC and sit for NMCN,

So, whether I go to the uni or a nursing school, I've to write the NMCN exam to become a registered nurse?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by henrimoto(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Encourage .... Dont discourage.
OPICANTO2223:
Nursing is not an easy ride as many thinks. Lots of up and down. Same anatomy and physiology with medicine. If you are not good in reading and assimilation, just chose course that do more with calculations and formulas.

Chose the course you can do well and come out with first class instead. Nursing is a call and chose it not cos of money. Remember not all all nurses will travel abroad. So if any nurse got stuck in Nigerian , regrets will no consume him/her
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2022
If u intend immigrating out of d country, nursing is accepted especially in d UK take their professional exams, move to Manchester 4 d 2nd exam and apply for jobs in hospital, u re sure to get, even if it doesn't pay well is better than many yrs u spend practicing in Nigeria, no matter d course u read here make sure u read a professional course that has a clear path of moving abroad, if u don't av any plans of moving, then read a course that's marketable in Nigeria, do Business administration, Then if u av money go to US or UK, France and get an MBA and apply for top Jobs in Banks and insurance companies, even join politics u would be recognised
I wanted to overlook this ur thread after all,
Nobody told me this then, but I can't stand aside and watch someone make mistakes, sad,

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nozino: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
In nigeria and the US. There's no difference for UK and Australia.

Employers even in the UK and Australia still prefer nurses with a Bachelors degree.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
protocol:
You will never regret it. Another one, someone here on nairaland used his ND to bag a masters in the UK. If d money is there, u can try this otherwise run to nursing please

Lol. How did he do that?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nozino: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
KIDDRICAsHAWK:

So, whether I go to the uni or a nursing school, I've to write the NMCN exam to become a registered nurse?

Yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Prosper Erem The Fulfilled Female Shoe Maker / Adekunbi Ogunde Releases Statement Exonerates Wole Olanipekun and Firm / 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.