Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin (13742 Views)

Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University / Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lagusta(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:
If you are interested to be a slave forever go for Nursing, if you want to be a boss go for MBBS. If you don't have the intellectual and emotional ability to become a medical doctor then you can manage at least with Nursing but you would forever be under the control of a doctor

This is very untrue please.

Nursing is a totally different profession on its own.

Without nurses we doctors won't have patients in the ward, yes, NURSES OWN THE WARDS.

Abeg mae we stop all this rivalry abeg

6 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lifebender(m): 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
collinsdeity:
If you are done with Uni apply for nursing through direct entry and start from 200 level. It's a 5 years course. Nursing is among the best paying medical course outside the shores of this country though but in Nigeria it's among the least.

Travelling outside either to US or any European country after your nursing degree is one of the easiest and the pay is Mouth-watering.
Most Neuro-Nurses are even paid more than Doctors outside.
Good luck

Bad advice.
School of nursing is easier, faster.All he needs is RN certificate to leave Nigeria.And if he decided to stay,he can opt for distance learning for his degree.
That's the best.
The difference is the degree and sometimes the post basics offered by some universities
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lifebender(m): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:
If you are interested to be a slave forever go for Nursing, if you want to be a boss go for MBBS. If you don't have the intellectual and emotional ability to become a medical doctor then you can manage at least with Nursing but you would forever be under the control of a doctor

Una go just enter online dey cap nonsense.
What do you even know about the medical field

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by segyoms: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
[Find a nice social worker course to do online and apply for social worker in the western world

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by AugustusA1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2022
You won’t go wrong being a nurse . Thing is, after ur licensing as a nurse u can decide to MBA but if you pursue business now the passion for nursing will be coMpletely lost. The expansion of nursing go even international level make sense wella. best wishes
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by OPICANTO2223: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
henrimoto:
Encourage .... Dont discourage.

Is encouragment my dear. Its very good to be informed
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by livinbygrace: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
You be small pickin?Everybody is now a business man,but nursing required going through professional courses .
Nursing is more lucrative and you can Japa to any countries easily.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by deedo93(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
Pls nairalanders I need urgent advice. I have ND in business administration but suddenly become interested in nursing, I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

However, my close friends keep telling me to forget the nursing stuff and purchase a direct entry form to complete my B.Sc in business admin. Whats the best option. I'm confused.
N B. I truely wish to change my career to nursing. But not quackery own oo
Pls what do I do?

Nursing then japa
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by SmartyPants(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:

Indirectly you are advising me to pursue my nursing career. I got it

Why not ask him why he regrets and see if his reason aligns with your philosophy of life?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbright: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
go on with it. Many opportunities too if you graduate and want to travel abroad like Uk.

Thanks all. I appreciate
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by richmote: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
36STATES:
Don't think twice, go for nursing. Your chances in life are brighter with that here in the U.K. My wife's company is recruiting nurses from Nigeria and other African countries everyday, and the process is no more complicated as it used to be. NHS alone is short of 120,000 nurses and doctors, so they will continue the mass recruitment into the nearest future.
Please I will shot you a dm
My sister have been applying for sometime now
Maybe you could be of help
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbright: 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chukabiz:

From art to sciences in one year with only lesson classes. Na so the thing easy?

Good luck shaa

There's always away out. This is Niger
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lovenorth: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lifebender:

Una go just enter online dey cap nonsense.
What do you even know about the medical field
At least I know how to write in English
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by stamapro(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2022
Go for nursing I just gave that advise to someone now, told her the benefits and advantages she stands to gain.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by goshen26: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
If there's a profession that's selling like water it's nursing.

Forget that theory and no application course called Business Admin, anybody can just do it nowadays. Please go for nursing jere
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
Everybody wants to study Nursing. Lol. Nigerians and bandwagon effect.

If you know what some IT professionals earn, you'll shudder. Also, I hope you aren't doing this just because of the prospects? Nursing is a passion. You have to be interested in it. Not another means to japa.

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by fatytoy333(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
Pls nairalanders I need urgent advice. I have ND in business administration but suddenly become interested in nursing, I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

However, my close friends keep telling me to forget the nursing stuff and purchase a direct entry form to complete my B.Sc in business admin. Whats the best option. I'm confused.
Pls what do I do?

Pursue a degree in Nursing science with all thy getting and thou shall not regret that you did.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by fidel2(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
Bro nursing o.... I graduated 4 years ago from the department of plant genetics and Biotechnology with a 2.1. baba since I graduated no work. As am talking to you am thinking of picking a nursing form. And definitely going for it.

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by lebienconnu: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nursing
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by idu1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
go on with it. Many opportunities too if you graduate and want to travel abroad like Uk.

God save you. You editted the comment.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by idu1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:

Koshi kuro!!

Go for your nursing in peace.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by kaywhy09(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
You've got to get yourself new friends.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by PharmacyStore: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
Follow your heart
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:

Pls what do I do?

What is quackery nursing? Are auxiliary nurses quacks? Who categorized them as such? You had better not take this sort of mindset into the medical field. It's the same thing causing issues there today. Doctors discriminate against nurses. B.Sc. nurses discriminate against college nurses, who in turn, discriminate against auxiliary nurses, and the madness continues.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2022
KIDDRICAsHAWK:

So, whether I go to the uni or a nursing school, I've to write the NMCN exam to become a registered nurse?
Yup.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lifebender(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:

At least I know how to write in English
You're ignorant sir.As such,I won't waste a nano of my time on you.
Do enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lifebender(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

What is quackery nursing? Are auxiliary nurses quacks? Who categorized them as such? You had better not take this sort of mindset into the medical field. It's the same thing causing issues there today. Doctors discriminate against nurses. B.Sc. nurses discriminate against college nurses, who in turn, discriminate against auxiliary nurses, and the madness continues.

Auxiliary nurses are quacks.If you have a contradictory opinion,take it up with FMoH.

3 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Ebubu9: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
idu1:

God save you. You editted the comment.
wetting you for do if no be to rant, and I insult your mother and you insult mine and I give you more ? angry

God save me from wetting, you ?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lovenorth: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lifebender:

You're ignorant sir.As such,I won't waste a nano of my time on you.
Do enjoy the rest of your day.
Shut up and go and learn how to use punctuation marks in writing
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Bossman(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
You are wrong! Because one has a BSc in Nursing (BSN) does NOT mean they are a Registered Nurse (RN). An RN is a certification, and someone that has passed the national licensing exam is given that designation.

OP, go for Nursing. It's quite hot right now in most countries, including here in the US.

Nozino:

You people will just be posting nonsense with confidence!! Someone with Bsc Nursing is also an RN and universally, employers prefer nurses with a Bachelors degree.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nozino: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Bossman:
You are wrong! Because one has a BSc in Nursing (BSN) does NOT mean they are a Registered Nurse (RN). An RN is a certification, and someone that has passed the national licensing exam is given that designation.

OP, go for Nursing. It's quite hot right now in most countries, including here in the US.

How am I wrong? Are SON graduates RNs without passing NMCN exams? Is it not the same requirement with Bsc holders?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lifebender:

Auxiliary nurses are quacks.If you have a contradictory opinion,take it up with FMoH.

And how did the FMOH determine they are quacks? The countries that standardized nursing as a profession, and schooled the people who schooled the people who schooled you about nursing, all recognize the role of auxiliary nurses in medicine. Still, for some reason, you're passing them off as quacks because that's the only way to impose your superiority over them and make you feel better about yourself.

People like you are why the Nigerian medical field is a madhouse today with every profession fighting against the other for superiority. Work on yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Childhood Dream Did You Have? / Meet Prosper Erem The Fulfilled Female Shoe Maker / Adekunbi Ogunde Releases Statement Exonerates Wole Olanipekun and Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.