Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,570 members, 7,823,487 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin (13743 Views)

Medicine, Nursing Or Pharmacy–which Course Is Better To Study In The University? / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University / Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Abudu2000(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

What is quackery nursing? Are auxiliary nurses quacks? Who categorized them as such? You had better not take this sort of mindset into the medical field. It's the same thing causing issues there today. Doctors discriminate against nurses. B.Sc. nurses discriminate against college nurses, who in turn, discriminate against auxiliary nurses, and the madness continues.
leave them to be talking senseless, I went to hospital paid all the outrageous bills and still didn't get well. A nurse I paid only 8k saved my life.
Any man that marries a nurse is lucky for life.

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by NairaMaster1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
Pls nairalanders I need urgent advice. I have ND in business administration but suddenly become interested in nursing, I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

However, my close friends keep telling me to forget the nursing stuff and purchase a direct entry form to complete my B.Sc in business admin. Whats the best option. I'm confused.
N B. I truely wish to change my career to nursing. But not quackery own oo
Pls what do I do?

Nursing. Japa will be like ABCD for you. I am a Pharmacist and go anywhere I want without too many questions or phobia.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by longifilis(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:
Pls nairalanders I need urgent advice. I have ND in business administration but suddenly become interested in nursing, I have registered for Sciences in waec currently going for lesson class so that by next year I would have gotten my waec ( sciences) then I can buy nursing form.

However, my close friends keep telling me to forget the nursing stuff and purchase a direct entry form to complete my B.Sc in business admin. Whats the best option. I'm confused.
Pls what do I do?

If your logical reasoning is excellent go for Nursing. You won't regret it
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by kumbhuru: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
go on with it. Many opportunities too if you graduate and want to travel abroad like Uk.

That rubbish you typed before, who told you that?
Nawa o
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Ebubu9: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
NairaMaster1:

Nursing. Japa will be like ABCD for you. I am a Pharmacist and go anywhere I want without too many questions or phobia.
are you based Nigeria or abroad
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by kumbhuru: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:
If you are interested to be a slave forever go for Nursing, if you want to be a boss go for MBBS. If you don't have the intellectual and emotional ability to become a medical doctor then you can manage at least with Nursing but you would forever be under the control of a doctor
Typing rubbish with confidence, go for a brain scan
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Ebubu9: 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lifebender:

Bad advice.
School of nursing is easier, faster.All he needs is RN certificate to leave Nigeria.And if he decided to stay,he can opt for distance learning for his degree.
That's the best.
The difference is the degree and sometimes the post basics offered by some universities
plus school of nursing don’t go on ASUU strike
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by sageb: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:

Pls what do I do?

Go for Nursing.
@Angelacruz come and advice this fellow
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Ebubu9: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Everybody wants to study Nursing. Lol. Nigerians and bandwagon effect.

If you know what some IT professionals earn, you'll shudder. Also, I hope you aren't doing this because of the prospects. Nursing is a passion. You have to be interested in it. Not another means to japa.
Sis, not everyone wants to work on remote (from home), some people like to step out everyday to work. I personally enjoy hospital setting.

Meanwhile IT is getting very saturated and competitive, to get Gig now harddd. So much competition.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by kumbhuru: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
na your dead mama tell me that undecided
Product of failed marriages everywhere. Not only are you irredeemably dumb you are also cursed for life.
I wish you would sacrifice your life for rituals at least to be useful to your wretched family but I doubt the ritual would work as it seems you are empty in all ramifications.
I spit on your soul. Anuoia
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by kumbhuru: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lagusta:

This is very untrue please.

Nursing is a totally different profession on its own.

Without nurses we doctors won't have patients in the ward, yes, NURSES OWN THE WARDS.

Abeg mae we stop all this rivalry abeg
Are you dating or married to a nurse?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Ebubu9: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
kumbhuru:

I am Product of failed marriage. Not only am I irredeemably dumb i am also cursed for life.
I wish i could sacrifice my life for rituals at least to be useful to my wretched family but I doubt the ritual would work as it seems I am empty in all ramifications.
I spit on my soul. May it never know peace

Just read what you typed again undecided Amen to all you have said.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by mercy87(f): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
Go ahead with ur nursing and japa once ure done with it. Nigeria has nothing to offer us.
I have a degree in public administration, and now a national diploma in Health information management, any health course is a guaranteed visa out of Nigeria .

I also have a degree in public administration. I was interested in nursing but I don't have a science background. Tell me about this health information management pls
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by sageb: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2022
segyoms:
[Find a nice social worker course to do online and apply for social worker in the western world

Online? can you post the list of online course, someone can study on social work that will be acceptable abroad?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by sageb: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Everybody wants to study Nursing. Lol. Nigerians and bandwagon effect.

If you know what some IT professionals earn, you'll shudder. Also, I hope you aren't doing this because of the prospects. Nursing is a passion. You have to be interested in it. Not another means to japa.

Ima Ima mbakara Uyai, come and teach me UI/UX design.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by kumbhuru: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

What is quackery nursing? Are auxiliary nurses quacks? Who categorized them as such? You had better not take this sort of mindset into the medical field. It's the same thing causing issues there today. Doctors discriminate against nurses. B.Sc. nurses discriminate against college nurses, who in turn, discriminate against auxiliary nurses, and the madness continues.
Nothing like auxiliary nursing in Nigeria constitution.
Go to an accredited school and become a registered nurse, anything asides that is quackery. Don't let anyone or yourself fool you. You are a quack. No licence, you aren't recognised, you'd be a slave to those private mushroom clinics who would abuse you.. Go and get yourself educated in an accredited facility and be a proud registered nurse.
No one "looks down on auxiliary" because they don't even exist in the first instance. Get that into your skull.
If you want to argue, meet the Nursing Council of Nigeria or the Ministry of Health and tender your argument.

2 Likes

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Generalwoodz(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
Lovenorth:
If you are interested to be a slave forever go for Nursing, if you want to be a boss go for MBBS. If you don't have the intellectual and emotional ability to become a medical doctor then you can manage at least with Nursing but you would forever be under the control of a doctor
shit only happen in this shithole. If gee bags his Nursing degree and eventually jets out, he is as important as the doctor

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbright: 7:31pm On Aug 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

But Nigeria auxillary nurses are quackery naa. Do you know why I chose to go to school of nursing. The cert. I have enrolled in auxillary nursing training, gotten enough ideas that I said to my self, you are better than this. Auxillary nurses are Soo dangraded, discriminated and insulted. The only good thing there is to gain practical knowledge and open chemist shop aside that no level at all. Your best bet is nursing school. Honestly
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbright: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
kumbhuru:

Nothing like auxiliary nursing in Nigeria construction.
Go to an accredited school and become a registered nurse, anything asides that is quackery. Don't let anyone or yourself fool you. You are a quack. No licence, you aren't recognised, you'd be a slave to those private mushroom clinics who would abuse you.. Go and get yourself educated in an accredited facility and be a proud registered nurse.
No one "looks down on auxiliary" because they don't even exist in the first instance. Get that into your skull.
If you want to argue, meet the Nursing Council of Nigeria or the Ministry of Health and tender your argument.

Exactly. They have no self value at all. I can't be treated like a slave
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
sageb:

Ima Ima mbakara Uyai, come and teach me UI/UX design.

Go to Coursera.

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbright: 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:

Just read what you typed again undecided Amen to all you have said.
How did you turn his own writing against him.how did u do that���
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by ogbright: 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
plus school of nursing don’t go on ASUU strike
So true
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
Sis, not everyone wants to work on remote (from home), some people like to step out everyday to work. I personally enjoy hospital setting.

Meanwhile IT is getting very saturated and competitive, to get Gig now harddd. So much competition.

I'm not against studying Nursing, please. Just ensure it's a passion rather than a means to japa.
Someone like me can not study Nursing. I can't stand body fluids and all that hospital smell.

That being said, IT can never be saturated and competitive. The sky is wide for everyone to occupy. It all boils down to having the skills and capacity. All the same, your reasons are valid.

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Ebubu9: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm not against studying Nursing, please. Just ensure it's a passion rather than a means to japa.
Someone like me can not study Nursing. I can't stand body fluids and all that hospital smell.

That being said, IT can never be saturated and competitive. The sky is wide for everyone to occupy. It all boils down having the skills and capacity. All the same, your reasons are valid.
it’s still not bad to study nursing with intention to japa, I mean, who doesn’t want the best standard of living ?

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Ebubu9:
it’s still not bad to study nursing with intention to japa, I mean, who doesn’t want the best standard of living ?

grin

Oh well then. All the best, my brother.

1 Like

Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Lovenorth: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
kumbhuru:

Typing rubbish with confidence, go for a brain scan
One of the victim spotted, if you initially like to be a boss, why didn't you go for MBBS?
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by delpee(f): 11:11pm On Aug 15, 2022
ogbright:

Pls what do I do?

A combination of Nursing and Diploma in Bus. Admin is good. A leeway into Hospital Administration later in your career especially if you're in a developed country where health management is highly valued.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 16, 2022
kumbhuru:

Nothing like auxiliary nursing in Nigeria constitution.

Just listen to yourself. The fact that you referred to private clinics as "mushrooms" is a telltale of the massive amounts of bile and hate brewing in you. You're the one who should tender your complaints with the ministeries you mentioned. It's filled with your ilk who believe they're better than others. Shame on you.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 16, 2022
Abudu2000:
leave them to be talking senseless, I went to hospital paid all the outrageous bills and still didn't get well. A nurse I paid only 8k saved my life.
Any man that marries a nurse is lucky for life.

Don't mind them. Even the countries that introduced nursing as a career use auxiliary nurses. Nigerian auxillary nurses are even better trained. They spend a few years training compared to the foreign ones that spend a few weeks.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 16, 2022
ogbright:

But Nigeria auxillary nurses are quackery naa. Do you know why I chose to go to school of nursing. The cert. I have enrolled in auxillary nursing training, gotten enough ideas that I said to my self, you are better than this. Auxillary nurses are Soo dangraded, discriminated and insulted. The only good thing there is to gain practical knowledge and open chemist shop aside that no level at all. Your best bet is nursing school. Honestly

You're going to have a hard time if you're going into the medical field with this mindset. Who's to blame if auxillary nurses are being downgraded? The auxiliary nurses? Or the people downgrading them?

The Nigerian medical arena is filled with lots of toxicity. The way you're looking down on auxiliary nurses is the same way B.Sc nurses look down on CoN nurses. And doctors look down on nurses and everyone else.

Some doctors will even tell you you read nursing or pharmacy because you couldn't get admission into MBBS. Imagine?

I encourage you to go for a certification in nursing. But if you're going in with the mindset that you're superior to another human, you're better off not even going in there at all.
Re: New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin by godwon01(m): 2:54am On Aug 16, 2022
You don't have a chance to get admissions to study Nursing. Nursing profession is no longer easy to enter the school as it was used to be. It is no difference from studying medicine. It is highly competitive now. In the first instance, if you are above 18 yrs, no chance. Secondly, they use quota systems now , thirdly, you must be exceptionally brilliant to fall on merit category. You are still struggling to get your science subjects , how are you sure you will get good grade to be considered for the program. A lot of people wants to study Nursing but not as easy as you think. If you want to go through university system , the cut off marks is very high. If you want to go through college/diploma level, you must know a very powerful politician or a powerful ministry officials from your state of origin .It is not as easy as you thought. Good luck anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Childhood Dream Did You Have? / Meet Prosper Erem The Fulfilled Female Shoe Maker / Adekunbi Ogunde Releases Statement Exonerates Wole Olanipekun and Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.