Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote (5836 Views)

Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by texazzpete(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
When we complain about GEJ, all you people say is
"no matter what, he is your president for the next 4 years so deal with it!"

So now I happily remind you that Sanusi will be our CBN governor for the next 2 years. There is nothing you whiners can do about it.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by koruji(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2011
I prefer the ACN brand, but I am not ACN - and they haven't said anything about SLS, probably for the same reason GEJ has kept mute - it is a political trap.

As for me, when this story took off on NL (you were still on orientation/leave from NL grin grin grin), the last line of my pre-amble to the story was basically calling for his sack: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-673270.0.html#msg8374065

Since then we have educated ourselves here on NL about Islamic Banking, and if SLS had approached this the proper way it wouldn't have generated the heat it did. They just have to make sure that:
1) the banks do not become mirrors for passing Nigeria's money into fake Sharia-Compliant private businesses;
2) ensure it does not discriminate against christians; and
3) keep in check the tendency of fanatics to interpret anything with "Islamic" in the name religiously and use violence  when it doesn't work out.

Having learnt a lot from the many contributions I would not recommend SLS be sacked. He should however get a good talking-to from the president and give a firm assurance to be more sensititive to the multi-religious nature of the state in the future.

I think GEJ is simply waiting the next two years out to replace him. This is a wise course - SLS himself should not expect any different.

Beaf:

If a vote was to be cast today for Sanusi's sack, where would your ACN vote, and why? Abeg, mek we hear word! Its all about fake separatism for envelopes.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by yeye4live(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
olawalebab:

Beaf, why the need to sack sanusi? This guy is doing his job now.

doing wat job wen bank workers re been sacked day by day,d employment market s growing,u call dat do job Arrow.

plss sack this slowpoke abeg
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by olawalebabs(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2011
Should he allow these banks to die before taking action. The bank sacking workers, are they fit to operate in the first instance? That's where we should start from.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by egift(m): 11:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
Its even better to sack GEJ than sack Sanusi. I mean what is the use of a toothless look-warm?
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by naijaking1: 1:03am On Aug 08, 2011
@Beaf
Welcome back!
To the topic in question: Sanusi doesn't even deserve the benefit of a full senate hearing/vote to be shown the door to hell.
1. Sanusu Lamido Sanusi should be labelled a terror suspect because of his personal, professional, and tribal links to Umaru Abdull Mutallab Sr. and the father of the World renowned Underwear bomber.
1B. For being in Sudan the same time Osama Ben Laden was hidding in the country.
1C. For having a long history making incindiary radical islamic statements.
2. We should support the various groups working hard to place him on the US NO-FLY list, so that he at least doesn't hop arround the World anymore spewing his quasi-religio-economic theories for Nigeria.
3. When the guy couldn't travel outside Abuja and Katsina safely, then he would understand that there're limits to religious fanaticsm.
4. The presidency could also easily and silently squeeze the daylight out of the big mouthed MF.
5. OBJ would have easily arranged for a customer or group of former bank customers to surface and make "very strong allegations" against the man
6. For a man who authorized more than 28billion naira in bad loans himself as a Firstbank MD, the man has more in his cupboard than he wants us to know.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by juman(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2011
olawalebab:

Should he allow these banks to die before taking action. The bank sacking workers, are they fit to operate in the first instance? That's where we should start from.

True talk.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by abouzaid: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2011
Seriously GEJ is either a dullard or has lost all contact with the masses. He just need to order sanusi to revert back to the interest free banking guidelines of soludo and all this problem is gone or do he want another riots and killings before taking action
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Demdem(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2011
i see no reason why Sanusi should be sacked. i strongly believe he is doing a good job.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by gregg2: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2011
Sanusi must go!!!
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by hapi(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2011
what is wrong with SLS, this man came and senitise our banks, @ beaf i think you don't know what you are saying, this man is more competent than GEJ, you should know that, i think your problem has to do with the propose islamic bank. i'm a banker and i know he is the best thing to happens to nigerian banks. pls lets not allow sentiments to cloud our judgement, we're one nigerian, it's high time we act as one.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Demdem(m): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2011
hapi:

what is wrong with SLS, this man came and senitise our banks, @ beaf i think you don't know what you are saying, this man is more competent than GEJ, you should know that, i think your problem has to do with the propose islamic bank. i'm a banker and i know he is the best thing to happens to nigerian banks. pls lets not allow sentiments to cloud our judgement, we're one nigerian, it's high time we act as one.

even with that, he still hasn't committed any offense.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Ess: 9:17am On Aug 08, 2011
The Beaf is back to go along with his gullible foolish followers, Your mission for GEJ has been accomplished and you want to start another derailment to suit your financier's ugly wish!!!
SANUSI WILL NEVER GO UNTIL HE HAS FINISHED HIS GOOD JOB>>>AMEN!
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by nagoma(m): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2011
@[b]gregg2[/b]

"Sanusi must go!!!"

, of course never mind the good job he is doing , he is from the wrong tribe , isnt it?
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by Exponental(m): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2011
I perceived ds, his sentiment isnt good for a country dat has experienced religious n ethnic crisis.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by teeq(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2011
This beaf guy is not worth being on this forum at all cos i see no reason why he should be calling for a performing CBN governors sack. This man is trying all he could to avoid cases like that of societe general bank and Savannah bank and you are calling him names, you must be a fool sorry to say.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by superior1: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2011
Problem with SLS sponsors is that they do not know that Nigerians though slowly are getting enlightened. They should have looked for another way of achieving their goals without being rude to our senses.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by funkybaby(f): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2011
naijaking1:

@Beaf
Welcome back!
To the topic in question: Sanusi doesn't even deserve the benefit of a full senate hearing/vote to be shown the door to hell.
1. Sanusu Lamido Sanusi should be labelled a terror suspect because of his personal, professional, and tribal links to Umaru Abdull Mutallab Sr. and the father of the World renowned Underwear bomber.
1B. For being in Sudan the same time Osama Ben Laden was hidding in the country.
1C. For having a long history making incindiary radical islamic statements.
2. We should support the various groups working hard to place him on the US NO-FLY list, so that he at least doesn't hop arround the World anymore spewing his quasi-religio-economic theories for Nigeria.
3. When the guy couldn't travel outside Abuja and Katsina safely, then he would understand that there're limits to religious fanaticsm.
4. The presidency could also easily and silently squeeze the daylight out of the big mouthed MF.
5. OBJ would have easily arranged for a customer or group of former bank customers to surface and make "very strong allegations" against the man
6. For a man who authorized more than 28billion naira in bad loans himself as a Firstbank MD, the man has more in his cupboard than he wants us to know.

naijaking1, hallos.

i remember when we had various arguments regarding this confused sanusi dude last year, the likes of tkb417, jaybee, etc termed us as trouble makers.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-448462.64.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-448462.96.html

where's papabrowne sef  grin

i'm surprised BEAf is anti-sanusi. I thought as a PDP loyalist, he would be sanusi's number one fan  grin grin
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by nagoma(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2011
Right thinking people, please ignore Beaf. He obviously has an agenda.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by maasoap(m): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2011
How can you sack somebody that gives you right direction? GEJ and the lawmakers won't sack Sanusi because they believe in him. Ride on, the best Central Bank governor of the year.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by maasoap(m): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2011
How can you sack somebody that gives you right direction? GEJ and the lawmakers won't sack Sanusi because they believe in him. Ride on, the best Central Bank governor of the year.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by grabdbull: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2011
nagoma:

Right thinking people, please ignore Beaf. He obviously has an agenda.

I believe you. The shocking part of his assertions is that ACN has a campaign of ethnic separation. Since when did Ribadu, Akume, Oshiomole, Ngige and Fashola become members of one ethnic group? I mean, this is the de-facto opposition party in Nigeria today, and their main aim is to deliver good governance through their various sphere of influence, as well as giving constructive criticism. They can achieve more when they dislodge the deeply corrupt and inept  PDP.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by foreman: 10:52am On Aug 08, 2011
So if Beaf wants to sack Sanusi, his calculation is along ethnic lines SMH. May be ACN is right by not choosing a position yet, every situation has to be treated in its own merit.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by nduchucks: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2011
Whether one agrees with Sanusi's policies or not, it is difficult not to admire his courage, resolve, and fearlessness. We see the same kind of courage, resolve, and fealessness in the likes of Ribadu, El-Rufai, and others.

I submit to you all that if we had just 5 people each, as courageous, fealess, and bright as the people I mentioned above, from every geopolitical zone, Nigeria would be instantly transformed into greatness.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves for your constant vilification of great Nigerians such as Sanusi or even Ikemba Ezeigbo Gburugburu himself, who was just as courageous, fealess, and brilliant when he was younger.

You people are unfit to even shine their shoes. Dan tselewa.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by okpurukata(f): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2011
oxford:

Sanusi sole agenda right from onset was to "balance" the ownership structure of the Nigerian banking sector which was before his arrival in favor of the south.
But the funny thing is that managing a bank to attain great height like Erastus did is not hawking suya-nama. Most of the banks going into the hands of the abokis will in no time end up like unity bank- local champions. The so called interest free banks inclusive. Mark my words

I maintain that he has an agenda as listed by Oxford above. Just look at the composition of the new board as released today. He has just picked most of his cronies from the North. These people think you will become bank CEO's through short cut. We are all watching how he is gradually destroying our economy.  If Yar Adua could stop Soludo's redenomination agenda,I wonder why GEJ cannot doa nything. This tells me that something is definitely wrong somewhere.
Before these two long years is over, we may not have an economy running.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by nwabobo: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2011
hapi:

With people like you as bankers, little wonder our banks fail.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by funkybaby(f): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2011
nwabobo:

With people like you as bankers, little wonder our banks fail.

ouch !!
grin grin grin grin cool grin
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by saintohia: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2011
Waiting on GEJ to make up his mind (decide) on Sanusi case.
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by sweetgala(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2011
A lot of individuals are accusing SLS opponents of tribalsm and praising SLS good governance.
The man has cleaned house no doubt, but the issue of division as developed by SLS himself is the use of  Federal authority for promotion of ISLAMIC BANKING to compete with regular financial institutions .
SLS supporters seem to be capable of ignoring the fact that we reside in a multi ethnic and religious nation where all parties have always been suspicious of each other . SLS has a bias as an Islamic fundamentalist which can not be ignored , suspicion of promoting a northern Islamic cause is right at the centre of this issue. One good turn warrants another they say and the feeling that the efficient man has derailed is prominent among observers
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by KnowAll(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2011
[size=16pt]GEJ would be an amateurish politician to even contemplate sacking SLS. The guy has to c-o-c-k-up big time b4 that can happen and as far as the whole world is concerned the so called conventional Banks are not doing themselves any favours, as three of them only this weekend  has been declared utterly bankrupt with the FG taken over their affairs 100%. That is a shame to say the least, how come no one is going to Jail for running a Bank aground anyway?[/size]
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by nagoma(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
@saintohia,

"Waiting on GEJ to make up his mind (decide) on Sanusi case."

WHAT CASE ? IS THERE A CASE?
Re: Sacking Sanusi Will Require 2/3's Of The Senate Vote by aljharem3: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
beaf you again angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Wears Official AU Badge Upside-down (pics) / COOL, Check Out This Ferrari Used To Pick Up Nnamdi Kanu From Airport / Niger Deltans, This Is Time To Reciprocate Our Kind Gesture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.