Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State (6557 Views)

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun / Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 08, 2011
if dats wot the people want and the state can afford it fine.
i am worried about where the money comes from;was in budget and the power that ALL governors/president have to spend money not in budget .
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by aquita(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2011
This is neither profitable nor sustainable in the long run. The governor should think of policies that will have serious and lasting impact on the populace.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by shawonlese: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2011
Rochas did not say Kerosene will be free for life.

I heard him on NTA news saying the first phase will be free to kick off the Kero direct programme for those who were at the stadium.

First phase were five tankers delivered during the event,
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by pereze: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2011
How sustainable is this practice Rochas?
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
Why can't we put issues straight. We should leave this man alone to face the business of governance. When did NNPC's free kerosene distribution to all states in the Federation turn to Okorocha's feat? Even NTA news last night made this clear and yet people are here misplacing issues. We believe in Rochas and in his capability to deliver to the Imo Electorate. We know it's too early to assess him but we strongly see Orji Uzor's traits in the way his propaganda machine is working.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by nigerhead(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
Okoro2015:

Why can't we put issues straight. We should leave this man alone to face the business of governance. When did NNPC's free kerosene distribution to all states in the Federation turn to Okorocha's feat? Even NTA news last night made this clear and yet people are here misplacing issues. We believe in Rochas and in his capability to deliver to the Imo Electorate. We know it's too early to assess him but we strongly see Orji Uzor's traits in the way his propaganda machine is working.

Bros, so it is NNPC that is distributing free kerosene?, are you sure that is what you heard? and why would NNPC be distributing free kerosene?

The jury is still out on Rochas in my opinion. So far I think he has made 2 suspect decisions so far. Especially as regards his appointments and their "sourcing" for funds to run the departments, and now this "free" kerosene thingy.

If this is some temporary measure to relieve the people, by all means go ahead. Rochas has always struck me as some kind of welfarist politician, but he has to wake up at some point and know that it is redundant to run government, especially one that depends largely on FG allocations like this.

It will be daft if he says he wants to keep distributing free kerosene for the long term.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by chamber2(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2011
Okorocha and his one penny populist actions.
Let this guy face serious governance please and stop this dramatizing. The other day, he wrapped himself in plasters and was rushed to a hospital. This was after his controversial overbloated appointments.

Governance is serious business. Construct roads, invite/attract investors to your state, implement minimum wage, instil value reorientation into the populace. These daily drama is too cheap abeg

Sir, this is a short term measure designed to reduce the impact of the hike in kerosene price in the state. This is very laudable. The problem with Nigeria is that we rarely make provisions for emergencies and when they occur we feel very devastated. Okorocha has made a good move, albeit being a short run measure. Imo state, in the last couple of years witnessed the most bizarre of government, and outright disregard for the plight of the people. Rochas has come to prove once again that govt belongs to the people and not a few priviledged politicians who do not know when price of kerosene goes up.Atleast, till the next few months i may not be sending money home just for my mother to buy kerosene grin It is laudable and deserves to be encouraged.

Also, your comment about the appointments made by Rochas is far from being the truth. The fact is, People volunteered to work for the government of imo state under the umbrella of the Imo Rescue Team and non of them is in the payroll of the state contrary to what a few disgruntled elements want us to believe. I happen to be somehow close to one of the appointees and he told me pointblank that theirs' is a voluntary commitment as a way of identifying with the govt of imo state and an avenue to give back to the society. Hitherto, these positions were decorated with so many entitlements, but now people are ready to work for the govt on voluntary grounds.

Attracting investors is not a one day affair, it's a process and so far, Rochas is on course. Also, Imo state is a civil servant state and cannot be compared with states like Lagos, kano, and Rivers. But the state ranks among the most urbanised state in Nigeria. The govt of Imo state is also among the few governors that accepted to pay the minimum wage , so that is not the case. I would rather prefer that the money be used to buy kerosene for the people rather than see a few politicians loot the money.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by atasteve: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2011
Imo is the best place to be smiley

Although he is solving a problem in reality trainings and industrialization should be put in place.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Reggie2(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
From the very moment Rochas started his style of governance in Imo state, some nit wits have made it a point of duty to criticise every one of his policy. Some of these idiots do not have the logistics to arrive at a constructive criticism of his moves and policies. A guy who is riding his Jeep in Owerri  has no need to line up for kerosene distribution. Yet past governors siphoned money and no one did anything about it. Instead, those who benefited from such booties are quick to sing praises of such governors. Rochas is looking at his revenue possibilities and what he is able to do with it. Such policies may not meet our requirements yet he deserves a chance. My position does not negate constructive opposition to misguided policies.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
What the NTA News said was that the Nigerian Ministry of Petroleum resources through the NNPC and Capital Oil is doing this in the states of the federation (Maybe with the collaboration of the states excos). The showed where it happened in Anambra, Imo, Kwara, etc.

Okorocha even admitted this.
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/3356/2011/08/07/okorocha_distributes_110000_litres_kerosene.html

nigerhead:

Bros, so it is NNPC that is distributing free kerosene?, are you sure that is what you heard? and why would NNPC be distributing free kerosene?

The jury is still out on Rochas in my opinion. So far I think he has made 2 suspect decisions so far. Especially as regards his appointments and their "sourcing" for funds to run the departments, and now this "free" kerosene thingy.

If this is some temporary measure to relieve the people, by all means go ahead. Rochas has always struck me as some kind of welfarist politician, but he has to wake up at some point and know that it is redundant to run government, especially one that depends largely on FG allocations like this.

It will be daft if he says he wants to keep distributing free kerosene for the long term.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by PonDonCras(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2011
this shows that most of our LEADERS will never and can never know what the problem of the ppl are. who on earth told RO that the problem IMOLITES are facing is KEROSINE. am sure he did that to loot some good kash, God will surely pay them back. instead of focusing on Agricultural Developement that will encompase every aspect of the ppopulace he is busy spending their money on buying free KEROSINE, who told him the ppl of IMO wants free thing. ANAMASHOBRI Free Kerosine indeed. Imo ppl make una open una eyes ooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by http(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Awof dey run bele grin grin grin for how long?
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Fadipeshet(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
I laugh!

I remember i heard in one of the electronic media that the Osun state governor did something similar.

But the question we should ask ourselves is this:
For how long are we going to continue with QUICK FIX. It doesn't help @ all, not in anyway.

The solution is not far fetch, it could come out in their Governors' forum.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by kissCleo: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
Okorocha, sofri sofri o! all dis F.O.C, goin on in ya state,
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Donmeca(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2011
Our leaders lack ideas! Selling kero in a stadium. So Rochas and co are telling me that if petrol (gasoline) is hoarded out of the market, they will assemble cars in a stadium and sell directly from trucks? Then how many people are manhandled in the struggle to get kero from d tanker? This is stupidity. . . hope they will have enuff fire fighting equipment by d time it gets to gasoline.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by MMM2(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2011
good
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Stoooopid and ungrateful NL peolple, then was the scarcity of kerosene complains , now is Childish governance. this is for people staying in imo state. if you don't Like it , Go to HELL angry angry angry angry
Rochas, continue your Good Work
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Okijajuju1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2011
Typical indi Igbo, celebrating mediocrity,

That was how Orji Uzor Kalu ruined Abia state for 8yrs and yet his name was on the lip of every phallus-brained idiot singing his praises as the messiah of the igbo race,

How does this kerosene thing help imo states?! To those talking about suffering mothers, I say park well, Kerosene is to light firewood and lanterns, firewood we can light without kerosene but not the lanterns, Stop making out the situation to look like imo state is suffering from a kerosene famine the likes of ethiopia, Now how is it distributed and in what measure?! Is it 10 liters per home/person or 100 liters per house?! Like some people have asked, when this ration is finished, then what?

Rochas has failed to live up to expectation, Gov. Is not a charity! We are not interested in handouts and freebies, Kerosene and gas is made to be sold, if he wants to help, get tankers, employ imo people to drive em and make sure every designated depot in each  local govt gets its ration of kerosene weekly and make sure it is distributed and not hoarded,

That was how people where singingg his name over enforcing the UBE scheme in his state,

I'll keep watching his moves keenly, He was touted as the chosen one, so far Okija is not impressed, I hope Uche Ogbuagu was on hand to entaertain his puppets,
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Princek12(m): 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
this is bad policy. It is not sustainable, causes over-dependence on government, and offers no meaningful solution to the energy problem of Imo residents.

this giving of free kerosene may be a ruse to appeal to the emotion of Imo residents so that he can thereafter embezzle govt. funds with less interference. this is similar to a political candidate giving free "dangote rice" to voters without offering any meaningful solution to the problem on the ground.

tax payer money should be used to implement sustainable projects, not band-aid projects.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Rossikk(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2011
What a crazy world we live in, where we are so used to paying for everything, such that when we are given the same thing for free, we are up in arms against it, and assume something 'must be wrong' with the situation.

Tragic!  undecided
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Bawss1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
Its actually tragic that anyone thinks that this idea is sustainable.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Rossikk(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^Stop talking rubbish. The idea is ''sustainable'' if we WANT it to be ''sustainable''.

You have 40 billion barrels of crude oil sitting under your feet and you're telling me distributing free kerosene to the poor is ''unsustainable''? Because Oyibo taught you the word ''unsustainable''?

Nonsense.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by badesco(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
He is focus and articulate. so If he continues with the trend, he would probably be the best Governor Ever from South East Region. keep the good work going Okorocha, the Owelle of Naija.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by chamber2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
Nigerians with their ''complaining'' mentality. When Lagos was flooded a few weeks ago people complained that the Governor's response was below expectation. Now, there is kerosene scarcity, which was never caused by Rochas, now people are questioning his magnanimity.Haba! Someone is even talking about sustainability, when  the action is only a temporary measure to reduce the impact of kerosene scarcity in the state.

As a long term measure, let the federal govt. provide constant power supply in order to reduce the citizen's over dependence on kerosene.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by odumchi: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ Negro, Eko, Koruji

You and your crew are here once again peddling false news and rubbish. Why won't you guys just let others be? Whenever theres good news you must come and ruin it with statements like "Most Imolites live outside Imo state.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by davidiyke(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2011
Re: Okorocha Distributes 110,000 Litres Free To Imolites- Igbodefender.com
« #27 on: Today at 09:58:02 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't support this idea of free kerosene. We need something that is sustainable without being a drain on public funds. Since he can obtain kerosene so easily, he should be making sure that people are buying at normal pump price and not giving it away at the expense of the state. How about channeling that money towards equipping the state hospital with MRI , CT scanners and dialysis equipment ?

The kerosene hardship is as a result of non-availability at the station pumps, forcing people to buy from black markets at more than three times the pump price. By the way, 111000L of kerosene is just three tankers of kerosene so I don't see what he aims to achieve with that stunt.

We, Imo people do not like stunts and handouts, we just like to see our money go a good distance, so he should help us by helping kerosene dealers (since he can do that)lift kerosene from NNPC without having to pay huge bribes.

Rochas has taken a few suspect decisions so far, but I will wait and see how it plays out.

MY BRODA, 7 GBOSAS TO YOUR COMMENT. FREE KEROSENE? FOR HOW LONG AND AT WHAT COST. WHO WILL PAY AT THE END EVEN IF IT IS HIS PERSONAL MONEY. LETS REMEMBER THE ADAGE OF SHOWING THE MAN THE WAY COMPARED WITH GIVING HIM A COWTO EAT. LOOK AT RIVERS STATE AND PORTHARCOURT!!!

Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Greenpro: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2011
This is not what we need. we need good and efficient infrastructure and working government not freebies.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by chamber2(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2011
This is not what we need. we need good and efficient infrastructure and working government not freebies.

Ok, we don hear. Your concern will be taken to his excellency for consideration

We need more suggestions pls, ,
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by deadie(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2011
Distributing kerosene FREE of charge? I don't know this guy but all I have read about him has been positive. However, this act has erased the my regard for him, and here is why.

1. He said that the program is sustainable: Well it is not. A sustainable program generates the revenue to pay for itself. This one does not, it is a draws of resources from the state.

2. The product can never be evenly distributed. Some households may not have the opportunity to go, and other may have 10 family members who queues, gets the product and maybe resell it.

3. Free kerosene will not uplift people from poverty. With the money invested in buying kerosene, he can better equip the secondary schools  with free computers, 20 - 50 for each school (or 100 - 1000 if the money to be spent is that much) and provide them with internet connection so that each student will have at least 2 hrs computer time per week.  This will open their minds and with good tutoring, be exposed to scientific materials and get materials to solve their home works.

I could go on listing better areas where the money could be better utilised. Despite my criticism of this act, he does seem to have a good mind and I commend him for that. At least, he probably is not milking his state like the eediot in Abia State. I learnt he has 30 or 50 advisers, seems to me like they need to be replaced.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by vicenzo(m): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
Rossikk:

^^^Stop talking rubbish. The idea is ''sustainable'' if we WANT it to be ''sustainable''.

You have 40 billion barrels of crude oil sitting under your feet and you're telling me distributing free kerosene to the poor is ''unsustainable''? Because Oyibo taught you the word ''unsustainable''?

Nonsense.
Thanks.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by dinggle: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
This is a flash for his future presidential ambition, how can he be giving out free Kerosene? he can only fool Imolites, this is because free Kerosene distribution is not substainable! the best he should have done was reduce the price any where from N10-50 per gallon.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Princek12(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
free kerosene;

free education;

free healthcare;

free electricity;

free housing;

free punny, yaay!

some people cannot even reason. they want govt. to provide everything for them free of charge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs / Ipob: Oji Uzor Kalu On The Run In Spain / BREAKING!!!! House Of Reps Member, Hon. Ossy Prestige Reportedly Dead

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.