Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State (6558 Views)

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun / Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by deadie(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2011

^^^Stop talking rubbish. The idea is ''sustainable'' if we WANT it to be ''sustainable''.

You have 40 billion barrels of crude oil sitting under your feet and you're telling me distributing free kerosene to the poor is ''unsustainable''? Because Oyibo taught you the word ''unsustainable''?

Nonsense.
[\quote]

vicenzo:

Thanks.

The first guy quoted (Rossikk) seems to have deleted his post which I have copied from another dum.b source who thinks it is smart move. You just showed how ignorant you are. So we have 40 billion barrels of crude oil and that makes giving free kerosene is sustainable? Well here are some questions for you.

1. Do you extract and process it yourself to get the kerosene? And if you do, who pays for the production process?
2. Judging by your point, fuel and diesel should be made free, don't you think so?
3. Why stop there, we have limestone, and agricultural products, so when is cement, food and meat gonna be made free for all? I am awaiting your response Mr. Adviser.  grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Obinoscopy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
I just pray Okorocha maintains the tempo, he will go places politically if he continues like this.

I wish him the very best and I'll keep praying for him so that he won't derail along the way
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by houvest: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2011
Very good stop gap solution in the short run while a long term solution is found. Go on Rochas. Let the nay sayers keep moaning.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by deadie(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2011
Okoro2015:

Why can't we put issues straight. We should leave this man alone to face the business of governance. When did NNPC's free kerosene distribution to all states in the Federation turn to Okorocha's feat? Even NTA news last night made this clear and yet people are here misplacing issues. We believe in Rochas and in his capability to deliver to the Imo Electorate. We know it's too early to assess him but we strongly see Orji Uzor's traits in the way his propaganda machine is working.
chamber2:

Sir, this is a short term measure designed to reduce the impact of the hike in kerosene price in the state. This is very laudable. The problem with Nigeria is that we rarely make provisions for emergencies and when they occur we feel very devastated. Okorocha has made a good move, albeit being a short run measure. Imo state, in the last couple of years witnessed the most bizarre of government, and outright disregard for the plight of the people. Rochas has come to prove once again that govt belongs to the people and not a few priviledged politicians who do not know when price of kerosene goes up.Atleast, till the next few months i may not be sending money home just for my mother to buy kerosene grin It is laudable and deserves to be encouraged.

Also, your comment about the appointments made by Rochas is far from being the truth. The fact is, People volunteered to work for the government of imo state under the umbrella of the Imo Rescue Team and non of them is in the payroll of the state contrary to what a few disgruntled elements want us to believe. I happen to be somehow close to one of the appointees and he told me pointblank that theirs' is a voluntary commitment as a way of identifying with the govt of imo state and an avenue to give back to the society. Hitherto, these positions were decorated with so many entitlements, but now people are ready to work for the govt on voluntary grounds.

Attracting investors is not a one day affair, it's a process and so far, Rochas is on course. Also, Imo state is a civil servant state and cannot be compared with states like Lagos, kano, and Rivers. But the state ranks among the most urbanised state in Nigeria. The govt of Imo state is also among the few governors that accepted to pay the minimum wage , so that is not the case. I would rather prefer that the money be used to buy kerosene for the people rather than see a few politicians loot the money.
Johnpaul2k2:

Stoooopid and ungrateful NL peolple, then was the scarcity of kerosene complains , now is Childish governance. this is for people staying in imo state. if you don't Like it , Go to HELL angry angry angry angry
Rochas, continue your Good Work
odumchi:

@ Negro, Eko, Koruji

You and your crew are here once again peddling false news and rubbish. Why won't you guys just let others be? Whenever theres good news you must come and ruin it with statements like "Most Imolites live outside Imo state.

houvest:

Very good stop gap solution in the short run while a long term solution is found. Go on Rochas. Let the nay sayers keep moaning.
Obinoscopy:

I just pray Okorocha maintains the tempo, he will go places politically if he continues like this.

I wish him the very best and I'll keep praying for him so that he won't derail along the way

Sycophants in action wink
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Obinoscopy(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
deadie:

Check the definition of Sycophancy and re-read my comment
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by greggng: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
Must times i find it difficult commenting on this forum because everything seems to go along tribal lines. The man rochas is a man of integrity and a true Nigerian. The only qualification you needed to attend his rochas foundation school is poverty. Let me stress here that this man is into politics to serve his people and he should be encouraged.

Am very proud of pa awolowo because he did a lot to uplift the standard of living of the Yoruba people.Any young man who is willing to step into that shoe of pa awo should be encouraged irrespective of the tribe he comes from.To make this forum more interesting, let us join hands and blacklist tribalism on this forum.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 09, 2011
Rossikk:

^^^Stop talking rubbish. The idea is ''sustainable'' if we WANT it to be ''sustainable''.

You have 40 billion barrels of crude oil sitting under your feet and you're telling me distributing free kerosene to the poor is ''unsustainable''? Because Oyibo taught you the word ''unsustainable''?

Nonsense.

It costs money (multi-billion dollar investments) to extract crude oil, ship / pipe it to refineries, refine it, ship / pipe the refined fuels to the depots before it is finally trucked to your filling stations. Your argument will make sense if all the companies  and individuals involved in the value chain I listed will work for free so that Imolites can have their free kerosene.  wink grin
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by lomzy1(m): 2:01am On Aug 09, 2011
he should have distributed free school uniforms to primary schools or free books. don't be surprised if u see some students with no sandals or shoes in some schools! am not saying he should buy shoes for students without shoes, but honestly there are some basic issues that we overlook in our society, our education sector is suffering so much.
he should have used the "burnt" "roasted" 'boiled' millions of naira to develop the education sector in the state even if its just gonna contribute 0.5% to d sector.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Eagle75: 3:36am On Aug 09, 2011
lomzy1:

he should have distributed free school uniforms to primary schools or free books. don't be surprised if u see some students with no sandals or shoes in some schools! am not saying he should buy shoes for students without shoes, but honestly there are some basic issues that we overlook in our society, our education sector is suffering so much.
he should have used the "burnt" "roasted" 'boiled' millions of naira to develop the education sector in the state even if its just gonna contribute 0.5% to d sector.

This guy has started on education already, what is wrong with Nigerians? Rochas just shared this comodity for the poor masses who had really suffered because of the scarcity this very commodity . He just wants to ameliorate this suffering while a lasting solution is found. If you do people go talk, If you no do people go still talk, Abeg Rochas do make them be talking and your people rejoicing.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by RickyRoss1(m): 8:10am On Aug 09, 2011
greggng:

Must times i find it difficult commenting on this forum because everything seems to go along tribal lines. The man rochas is a man of integrity and a true Nigerian. The only qualification you needed to attend his rochas foundation school is poverty. Let me stress here that this man is into politics to serve his people and he should be encouraged.

Am very proud of pa awolowo because he did a lot to uplift the standard of living of the Yoruba people.Any young man who is willing to step into that shoe of pa awo should be encouraged irrespective of the tribe he comes from.To make this forum more interesting, let us join hands and blacklist tribalism on this forum.

Seconded
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by dozies: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2011
Some people here talk and criticise before reasoning. Since when did it become a crime to respond to peoples need, the poor masses for that matter. Do you know that this kerosine is for the down troden. If you condem this idea of giving to the poor then you are of the lowest species of men. The poor cried to the peoples governor and he swiftly responded and you are here conderming him without offering a better solution. I mean what do you expect from him; could he have built a refinery in Imo state over night or order and impliment the repair of our existing refinery over nigth what short term solution could have been better than this. The level of dicotomy in this country is killing us, we can't and infact refused to see anything good from any man outside our tribe. Please ride on Governor Rochas. If the president had provided such succour to the poor when they cried to him NNPC and her cronies would have long sat up instead he is paying lip service to it. Do you really know the people that uses kerosine in Nigeria today swwmmmttt!!!.

Dear Governor the next step is to built a state owned refinery. Source of fund? Let every Imolite home and abroad above the age of 18 contribute N100 towards this project for every mont and I tell you in two years Imo state will own a refinery and the proceed from the company can be used to further finance free education to secondary schools and even buid other infrastructures such as Power. Kudooosss my Governor!!!. So far you are the best.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Lalaska(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2011
I admire Rochas and his desire to end poverty in Imo state. However, governance does not entail charity. This is simply giving people fish and not teaching the people to fish. How long can free kerosine be sustained? What happens when he leaves office. I expect sustainable policies and institutions that would outlive him and impact the living standards of the people.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by favouredjb(f): 10:37am On Aug 09, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

This is what I call "fluffy"! 

The majority population of Imolites live outside the state. The population of people in the state is far less than the migrant population that are distributed outside that state. So this free kerosene programme is nothing compared to population density Governors in West have to cater to.

Tell Rocha to attract Imolites back home with some better incentives. They will not come home for Kerosene.

Besides, if free kerosene is a measure of good governance by Eastern standards, then Rochas is not even a match for any consideratuon to presidential post. Not saying that SE is a contender for 2015, but just to highlight where Rocha, the best of all SE goevrnors, stand on the scale of executive accomplishments.

i agree with u totally

very short term relief if i may add
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by sley4life(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2011
lets hope he doesnt relent on his effort
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by ektbear: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
Ondo State joining Osun and Imo in this kooky policy:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/ondo-dispenses-kerosene-at-n50/

So this 110k liters being given at out N50 when it will fetch N150 on the black market. If my math is correct, $73k in subsidies I guess?

I don't see the difference between this and just giving away the cash out. Or $73K worth of free amala or pounded yam.

I oppose amala politics like this. But perhaps $73k wasted isn't that much in the grand scheme of things? I dunno, maybe not the end of the world. . . just don't be spending more than 2 or 3% of the annual budget on this type of stuff, imo
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
favouredjb:

i agree with u totally

very short term relief if i may add

To start with, the person being referred to is Rochas, not Rocha
Second, u claimed there are more Ndi'Imo leaving outside. Please put your figures on the table.
I am Onye Imo and am proud of my governor.
If ur governor cant afford to help his people one way or the other, it isnt our fault.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by davidiyke(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
Okorocha and his one penny populist actions.
Let this guy face serious governance please and stop this dramatizing. The other day, he wrapped himself in plasters and was rushed to a hospital. This was after his controversial overbloated appointments.

Governance is serious business. Construct roads, invite/attract investors to your state, implement minimum wage, instil value reorientation into the populace. These daily drama is too cheap abeg

Sir, this is a short term measure designed to reduce the impact of the hike in kerosene price in the state. This is very laudable. The problem with Nigeria is that we rarely make provisions for emergencies and when they occur we feel very devastated. Okorocha has made a good move, albeit being a short run measure. Imo state, in the last couple of years witnessed the most bizarre of government, and outright disregard for the plight of the people. Rochas has come to prove once again that govt belongs to the people and not a few priviledged politicians who do not know when price of kerosene goes up.Atleast, till the next few months i may not be sending money home just for my mother to buy kerosene It is laudable and deserves to be encouraged.

Also, your comment about the appointments made by Rochas is far from being the truth. The fact is, People volunteered to work for the government of imo state under the umbrella of the Imo Rescue Team and non of them is in the payroll of the state contrary to what a few disgruntled elements want us to believe. I happen to be somehow close to one of the appointees and he told me pointblank that theirs' is a voluntary commitment as a way of identifying with the govt of imo state and an avenue to give back to the society. Hitherto, these positions were decorated with so many entitlements, but now people are ready to work for the govt on voluntary grounds.

Attracting investors is not a one day affair, it's a process and so far, Rochas is on course. Also, Imo state is a civil servant state and cannot be compared with states like Lagos, kano, and Rivers. But the state ranks among the most urbanised state in Nigeria. The govt of Imo state is also among the few governors that accepted to pay the minimum wage , so that is not the case. I would rather prefer that the money be used to buy kerosene for the people rather than see a few politicians loot the money.

I PRAY MY GOVERNOR HAS TIME TO HEAR HIS PEOPLE. THE FUTURE IS DETERMINED BY OUR ACTIONS TODAY. WE LOVE HIM!!! THAT IS WHY WE TAKE TIME TO MAKE COMMENTS! HOPE SOMEONE TAKES THIS TO HIM.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by seguno2: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
It cannot become a habit. What they need to do with the Governor's forum is use it to force the FG into real reforms that will bring succour to the people.

@ kuroji,

so why are the senators and Reps sent to Abuja by their constituents
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by talk2ky: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
Wonderful
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by dave2(m): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2011
This Rochas of a man is a confirmed newbie in leadership/management of human and capital resources.
Distributing free kerosene??
Where is the money coming from and from which account??
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by wizup(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
I rekon u all r expecting too much, that u fail to appreciate the little. How many of you have given a friend sustainable help? you'd rather buy him beer and console him, funny enuff, the beer helps.

in thesame vain, i rekon the handout of kerosine at the moment is an immediate response by the government to its people, its an AID, its aimed at abating suffering at the moment until a long lasting solution is impemented.

In safety, its called first aid and it sure saves life.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by Emmy3(m): 6:16am On Aug 11, 2011
dave2:

This Rochas of a man is a confirmed newbie in leadership/management of human and capital resources.
Distributing free kerosene??
Where is the money coming from and from which account??
Rochas forfeited his basic Salary
Rochas runs his school for free.
This is nothing compared 2 the money he have on his own.
Re: Okorocha Begins Delivery Of Free Kerosene In Imo State by houvest: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
deadie:

hatchet man in action.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail / PHOTOS: Buhari Rides Much More Expensive Car Than GEJ / How Did 400 Billion Come Out Of An Empty Treasury?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.