Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria (4696 Views)

Reactions As light Skinned Lady Shares Photos Of Hot Black Mum / Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Ladies Btw A Dark Skinned Guy And A Fair Skinned Guy, Which Is Sexier ( See Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 7:07am On Aug 24, 2022
I have always been wondering, what is the source or origin of fair skin in our DNA as black Africans...there are lots of yellow skinned people in Nigeria that makes me wonder...even in families with dark skinned parents, you might see one fair skinned child...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 7:10am On Aug 24, 2022
Yellow skin color

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by VeryWickedMan: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2022
Bleaching cream

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Tickles001(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:
I have always been wondering, what is the source or origin of fair skin in our DNA as black Africans...there are lots of yellow skinned people in Nigeria that makes me wonder...even in families with dark skinned parents, you might see one fair skinned child...

Didn't you know our colonial masters had (mostly nonconsensual)sex and impregnated lots of our women in the past. I believe that's how it got in the African gene pool.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by blinking001(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2022
Tickles001:

Didn't you know our colonial masters had (mostly nonconsensual)sex and impregnated lots of our women in the past. I believe that's how it got in the African gene pool.
Exactly

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 7:33am On Aug 24, 2022
Tickles001:

Hmmmm, that makes sense ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 7:38am On Aug 24, 2022
if ur assertion is true, why did we not see other physical diffrences, like hair texture and facial features, if u see a half white, half black , they are easy to identify

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by dawnomike(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2022
Many tribes migrated to Nigeria before colonialism...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by robinso01(m): 7:50am On Aug 24, 2022
It was never said that there's no fair skin people in Nigeria from origination.

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by GoooodHardDick: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:

You're either dumb or must be an illiterate. I guess you didn't go to school at all hence you won't be asking such a stupid and baseless question.

The wereys answering your question too are illiterate like you hence you would have learnt this in biology during your sec school days

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 8:07am On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

You're either dumb or must be an illiterate. I guess you didn't go to school at all hence you won't be asking such a stupid and baseless question.

The wereys answering your question too are illiterate like you hence you would have learnt this in biology during your sec school days

yes i be illiterate..but if u have answer , abeg talknmakenwe learn

26 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by GoooodHardDick: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:

yes i be illiterate..but if u have answer , abeg talknmakenwe learn

Oga educate yourself by using Google. This is exactly why there's Google on your phone. A simple search on Google as regards the subject of biology will answer your question. Educate yourself by studying through the internet !!!!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Tboymessiah(m): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Mikester: 9:46am On Aug 24, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Bleaching cream

No
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Oga educate yourself by using Google. This is exactly why there's Google on your phone. A simple search on Google as regards the subject of biology will answer your question. Educate yourself by studying through the internet !!!!!!

Abeg go and sit down if u have nothing to say...ode
Whats the essence of a forum if not for sharing opinions... please shut that dirty mouth and don't quote me again...onye nzuzu

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by EvilPOTATO(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2022
remove Tonto Dike from that pictorial example
..naa heavy bleaching

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by GoooodHardDick: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:

My mother must be a very stupid woman for giving birth to a bastard like me...ode

Whats the essence of a forum if not for sharing opinions on a reasonable and intelligent topic... I must be a fool for asking this dumb and foolish question....my ignorance is annoying and may thunder fire me and my father... onye nzuzu like me

Fixed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Oesophagus99(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2022
Interracial marriage and slave Gigolos and concubines
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by siofra(f): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2022
Africa has a very diverse gene pool.

It's only in Africa you can find someone with skin shade lighter than the northern Europeans (and I don't mean white Africans or North Africans) and a skin shade as dark as coal.

The person with the whitest skin colour in the world is African (Sub Saharan African)

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Deicide: 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
If a white man or cacusians whatever you choose to call them trace their ancestry back it'll come back to African! BLACK HUMAN

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:
if ur assertion is true, why did we not see other physical diffrences, like hair texture and facial features, if u see a half white, half black , they are easy to identify
this guy below has a Nigerian grandfather. But already looks fully white here. His next generation wont have any black features. Same with those in Nigeria. Lets say white man nack person in africa in 1600. Then the offspring has been mating with blacks since then. The white features would have vanished. There are alot of white people in uk and American who had black ancestors. But no trace today.

To the topic there were light skin blacks before white men came plus albinos too. In South Africa many have light skin too

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Amarabae(f): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
It depends on climatic and environmental factors if we start viewing it from pre-historical past.
For example, those in Rain forest environment for years back then like the Igbos, Akwacross, Ijaws, Bini etc tend to be more light in complexion due to less exposure to sublight unlike the core northerners who are more exposed to sunlight.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by 3exe3: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
ednut1:
this guy below has a Nigerian grandfather. But already looks fully white here. His next generation wont have any black features. Same with those in Nigeria. Lets say white man nack person in africa in 1600. Then the offspring has been mating with blacks since then. The white features would have vanished. There are alot of white people in uk and American who had black ancestors. But no trace today.

To the topic there were light skin blacks before white men came plus albinos too. In South Africa many have light skin too

True gene and environment are the factors

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Femi8586(m): 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

See how you just disgrace yourself.. and I used to think you were intelligent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
ednut1:
very interesting. the barkley thing is amazing coz he looks completely white..
you made very good points..

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Amarabae:
It depends on climatic and environmental factors if we start viewing it from pre-historical past.
For example, those in Rain forest environment for years back then like the Igbos, Akwacross, Ijaws, Bini etc tend to be more light in complexion due to less exposure to sublight unlike the core northerners who are more exposed to sunlight.
Awesome point of view ... environment would play a major role but does it get to the point where it kinda affects DNa? Look at the tuaregs of sahara, the remain light skinned despite the harsh heat...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by DSC7: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
Maybe they used to drink hypo every morning and night so it will bleach them from inside and make them look fair outsidekiss

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Wilddove(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
It's probaly due to melanin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by A305: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
Two reasons

1 - The Igbo ethnicity has the majority number of light skin people. The reason is; In the Pre-colonial era, prior to the Aba women riot — the white colonial masters tortured and raped many women in the Eastern region. Many of these women in Eastern region ended up baring the baby from the rap e and evolution just continue it course.

This ra pe story by the colonial master also applies to women in the south south region.

2 - White foreigners that immigrated/relocated to early day Nigeria — these folks at the time, lived in present day Ikoyi, Victoria Island area.

This is why you hear some Nigerian still having foreign surnames like: Cole, Coker etc

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Vinnie2000(m): 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Amarabae:

You are VERY WRONG.

Ijaws and Akwa Ibom people are not Fair Complexioned in any Way...

The Major Tribes in Nigeria renowned for Light Complexion is..
Igbos
Some Ishan in Edo state.
Some Ondo Yorubas...

They must have gotten their Light skin from a Common Ancestor who must have been a Whiteman
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Streetmovement(m): 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
Vinnie2000:

You are VERY WRONG.

Ijaws and Akwa Ibom people are not Fair Complexioned in any Way...

The Major Tribes in Nigeria renowned for Light Complexion is..
Igbos
Some Ishan in Edo state.
Some Ondo Yorubas...

They must have gotten their Light skin from a Common Ancestor who must have been a Whiteman

Wotoporiously cool speaking

You are very wrong manchi @the bolded

I'm an Akwa Ibomite, my mum is a Cameronian and I'm very fair in complexion, I'm not talking about bleaching cream fair, naturally made by my parents and God's blessings.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
A305:
Two reasons

1 - The Igbo ethnicity has the majority number of light skin people. The reason is; In the Pre-colonial era, prior to the Aba women riot — the white colonial masters tortured and raped many women in the Eastern region. Many of these women in Eastern region ended up baring the baby from the rap e and evolution just continue it course.

This ra pe story by the colonial master also applies to women in the south south region.

2 - White foreigners that immigrated/relocated to early day Nigeria — these folks at the time, lived in present day Ikoyi, Victoria Island area.

This is why you hear some Nigerian still having foreign surnames like: Cole, Coker etc
absolute RUBBISH!!!......

we're less exposed to the sun because our ancestors lived in the thick rain forest region, that's why Igbos tend to have lighter skin tone than others...

Even the light skinned people amongst us do have that phenotypical African features as against the Caucasian eye colour, nose shape,body shape,facial appearance and hair type......

stop typing rubbish up and down!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ashawo Joints In Ilorin / Should I Marry Her? / Inside Most Beautiful Girls Body.... Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.