Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,579 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria (4798 Views)

Reactions As light Skinned Lady Shares Photos Of Hot Black Mum / Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Ladies Btw A Dark Skinned Guy And A Fair Skinned Guy, Which Is Sexier ( See Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Two02: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
[b][/b]
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Figger(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:

Abeg go and sit down if u have nothing to say...ode
Whats the essence of a forum if not for sharing opinions... please shut that dirty mouth and don't quote me again...onye nzuzu
seconded, the guy na mumu.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by ASAPFERG1: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Oga educate yourself by using Google. This is exactly why there's Google on your phone. A simple search on Google as regards the subject of biology will answer your question. Educate yourself by studying through the internet !!!!!!
shut that gutter you call a mouth if you dont have anything to say..
Bastard bini fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by GoooodHardDick: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
my mother is a prostitute and a bastard .. may thunder strike my father dead before next month ending.
I am a fool and a Bastard child. My life is a total waste and my brothers are all fools. I will drink sniper tonight and die because I am highly frustrated and pained

Fixed man.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by GoooodHardDick: 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
Figger:
seconded, I am a fool and a stake illiterate, I am a bastard

Fixed
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Antivirus92:
absolute RUBBISH!!!......

we're less exposed to the sun because our ancestors lived in the thick rain forest region, that's why Igbos tend to have lighter skin tone than others...

Even the light skinned people amongst us do have that phenotypical African features as against the Caucasian eye colour, nose shape,body shape,facial appearance and hair type......

stop typing rubbish up and down!

My point exactly, how would we the offsprings only have fair skin but not other features..
Look at the mixed people of the Americas and u can easily tell the difference...and i dont think that there's a record of a substantial amount of European ancestry in Nigerians..
In my family , two of my siblings are fair skin while the rest are dark, my parents are both dark skinned...
Its a mystery
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by ASAPFERG1: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Fixed man.
bastard bini fool grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by GoooodHardDick: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
my mother is a prostitute for giving birth to a bastard like me grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Osoboshi: 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
I think skin tone is a multifactorial Gene i.e ur it is determined by environment and parents.
Africans have a dominant black Gene and a recessive white Gene.
When the gene passed to child is both recessive white Gene from the father and mother the person tends to be fair.
But if there is a dominant black Gene and recessive white Gene the offspring will be white.
So op even u can give birth to a fair baby if and the mother pass on the recessive white Gene to the baby.
Also environment plays a factor.make I stop here biko

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Antivirus92(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:

My point exactly, how would we the offsprings only have fair skin but not other features..
Look at the mixed people of the Americas and u can easily tell the difference...and i dont think that there's a record of a substantial amount of European ancestry in Nigerians..
In my family , two of my siblings are fair skin while the rest are dark, my parents are both dark skinned...
Its a mystery
we're a mystery to them and they keep guessing wrong
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by siofra(f): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Vinnie2000:

You are VERY WRONG.

Ijaws and Akwa Ibom people are not Fair Complexioned in any Way...

The Major Tribes in Nigeria renowned for Light Complexion is..
Igbos
Some Ishan in Edo state.
Some Ondo Yorubas...

They must have gotten their Light skin from a Common Ancestor who must have been a Whiteman

Well, I read a history book about the tribes below the Niger river, especially the ibibios and the Efiks. And he said they had the most diverse skin complexion he had ever seen and many of them were light skinned, even lighter than Europeans.

Then he described a woman he saw by a river who had a complexion similar to the American Indians (native Americans) he said "she was so red that when the sun touched her skin, she looked like she was aglow"
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by LikeAking: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Let's speak d truth for once.

The white man gbola did magic.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by dexx04(m): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

You're either dumb or must be an illiterate. I guess you didn't go to school at all hence you won't be asking such a stupid and baseless question.

The wereys answering your question too are illiterate like you hence you would have learnt this in biology during your sec school days
grin
GoooodHardDick:

You're either dumb or must be an illiterate. I guess you didn't go to school at all hence you won't be asking such a stupid and baseless question.

The wereys answering your question too are illiterate like you hence you would have learnt this in biology during your sec school days
o ti po ju
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by BeanmanX(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
Amarabae:
It depends on climatic and environmental factors if we start viewing it from pre-historical past.
For example, those in Rain forest environment for years back then like the Igbos, Akwacross, Ijaws, Bini etc tend to be more light in complexion due to less exposure to sublight unlike the core northerners who are more exposed to sunlight.
Amara u dey enter my eyes oh and I no fit close am,,, cheesy
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by BeanmanX(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Oga educate yourself by using Google. This is exactly why there's Google on your phone. A simple search on Google as regards the subject of biology will answer your question. Educate yourself by studying through the internet !!!!!!
Oga I thought u were going to explain everything,,,but u disappointed me.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by yomi531(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
Vinnie2000:

You are VERY WRONG.

Igbos
Some Ishan in Edo state.
Some Ondo Yorubas...

They must have gotten their Light skin from a Common Ancestor who must have been a Whiteman
Guy, Akwa ibom and Calabar people dey yellow dieeeeeee. Na the reason wey I remain for this region after I paid a visit sometimes in 2018. We die here. I like yellow paw paws wella grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Liquidpenis: 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

You know nothing, you're a fuul.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Originalsly: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
Osoboshi:

I think skin tone is a multifactorial Gene i.e ur it is determined by environment and parents.
Africans have a dominant black Gene and a recessive white Gene.
When the gene passed to child is both recessive white Gene from the father and mother the person tends to be fair.
But if there is a dominant black Gene and recessive white Gene the offspring will be white.
So op even u can give birth to a fair baby if and the mother pass on the recessive white Gene to the baby.
Also environment plays a factor.make I stop here biko

I like your take on the gene factor.... and I think this can explain why same non cheating parents can give birth to three dark children and the fourth be very fair in complexion.
I don't agree on the environmental factor. White parents.... giving birth to children in a sun baked environment ... do we see even a slight change in their offspring complexion a few generations later? How many midnight black Nigerians have moved to the colder parts of Canada since 1901 ... family have settled there for generations... then the great great grands return to Nigeria .... all even darker than midnight? Where is the effect of the environmental factor? Just saying!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ertugrul:

Its a mystery
It's no mystery sir, some genes that have become recessive for sometime can become a dominant gene in certain individuals e.g albinism. It's possible for an albino to gave birth to a child with no traces of albinism or one with albinism. It all depends on the genes that become dominant. Also, having a dark complexion is dependent on the melanin pigment too.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Dybala11(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
Originalsly:

I like your take on the gene factor.... and I think this can explain why same non cheating parents can give birth to three dark children and the fourth be very fair in complexion.
I don't agree on the environmental factor. White parents.... giving birth to children in a sun baked environment ... do we see even a slight change in their offspring complexion a few generations later? How many midnight black Nigerians have moved to the colder parts of Canada since 1901 ... family have settled there for generations... then the great great grands return to Nigeria .... all even darker than midnight? Where is the effect of the environmental factor? Just saying!
Environmental factor can affect to certain degree, individuals living in areas with little to no exposure to sunlight have more tendency to have a fair skin since they don't need high melanin tone to protect their skin against harsh sunlight. Over a long period, it is possible for the offsprings of such individuals to ADAPT to their environment like that. Environmental factors can influence although it takes a very long time for such a character to become dominant.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Temiel(m): 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Vinnie2000:

You are VERY WRONG.

Igbos
Some Ishan in Edo state.
Some Ondo Yorubas...

Well, you're wrong on the part of Akwa Ibom. There are fair Akwa Ibom and dark ones too.
At least, I live in one of their villages for a year so, I know what I'm saying.
Some of these people even have coloured eyes like the foreigners.
My conclusion is as stated earlier by someone that their forebears had part of the white's genes as a result of sexual relation between them and the whites. Be it rape of marriage.

To add to it, this Akwa Ibom is one the entry point if not the first entry these Europeans took when coming into Nigeria. Their old houses are still even there. So, they have their numbers there and I'm sure there were illicit sexual relations too with the villagers around.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by ASAPFERG1: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
yomi531:
Guy, Akwa ibom and Calabar people dey yellow dieeeeeee. Na the reason wey I remain for this region after I paid a visit sometimes in 2018. We die here. I like yellow paw paws wella grin
sha nor let them eat you cause those guys na cannibals
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by ASAPFERG1: 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Effect of gangbanging by the white men during slave trade
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Osoboshi: 4:34am On Aug 25, 2022
Originalsly:

sure but the environment factor could take more than hundred of years bcus even the present Europeans were once black

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Originalsly: 5:25am On Aug 25, 2022
Osoboshi:

sure but the environment factor could take more than hundred of years bcus even the present Europeans were once black

What makes you think they were once Black and the changed genetically because of environment? How long was man on earth? Our ancestors shipped to cold climes since the 1500's .... if no White in the blood... then to today... generationsss after... the offspring remain Black. I don't think environment will change one's DNA.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 5:55am On Aug 25, 2022
Originalsly:

What makes you think they were once Black and the changed genetically because of environment? How long was man on earth? Our ancestors shipped to cold climes since the 1500's .... if no White in the blood... then to today... generationsss after... the offspring remain Black. I don't think environment will change one's DNA.

Exactly , environment cannot totally change DNA, there might be little changes for adaptation but thats it....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by yomi531(m): 6:35am On Aug 25, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
sha nor let them eat you cause those guys na cannibals
grin grin.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by NonsenseRubbish: 8:25am On Aug 25, 2022
DSC7:
Maybe they used to drink hypo every morning and night so it will bleach them from inside and make them look fair outsidekiss
Nonsense plus rubbish angry
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Sammy07: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Vinnie2000:

You are VERY WRONG.

Igbos
Some Ishan in Edo state.
Some Ondo Yorubas...

Lol, true. I'm Ondo and I'm light skinned. And majority of Ondos are light skinned probably 50 or 45%

1 Like

Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Sammy07: 8:42am On Aug 25, 2022
But I think it's due to less exposure to Sun.

The other time I went to Kano, (Bichi)
I spent 8 months and I con dark

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Dominique
Ishilove
Lalasticlala

Front page o
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Ertugrul: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2022
Sammy07:

Lol, true. I'm Ondo and I'm light skinned. And majority of Ondos are light skinned probably 60 ir 70%

Wow that's a huge percentage, and is it mainly the Yoruba in ondo only or plus the ijaw?
If its both, then it becomes more complicated to factor in environment and maybe food..
Re: What Is The Origin Of Fair (yellow) Skinned Color In Nigeria by Sammy07: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2022
Ertugrul:

Wow that's a huge percentage, and is it mainly the Yoruba in ondo only or plus the ijaw?
If its both, then it becomes more complicated to factor in environment and maybe food..

Truth is Ijaws are minorities, I have not met a single one b4.
From Akure, to Owo to Akoko down to Igbara Oke to idanre to Ondo city to Ore, Okitipupa.

Modified,

seems I met few in Igbokoda (waterside) Buh with Yoruba names.
They're hard to identify.

Yet I've met Igbos, Edos, Hausas and Uhrobos countless of times

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benefits of eating apples / She Left Me To Go And Marry. Now She's Back Again / Do Not Ever Trust Any Nigerian Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.