Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers (21351 Views)

No Law Authorise Oyetola And Officials To Bolt Away With N2.9b Vehicles- Osunpdp / Governor Ben Ayade, A Student Of UNICAL, Storms School In His Convoy / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Lecturers In 'Sex For Marks' Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Lovenorth: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2022
He is better than a slave

1 Like

Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by inoki247: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2022
Lol go Abuja and see Many Lecturers using dere car to du kabukabu
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2022
Are u saying the lecturers are poor?the wives ain't working? Or they don't have savings for rainy days? Abi they are saying this just to make government weak?

U dey work and collect salary that u spend monthly, and still ur wife isn't working, e get as e be o

Make 100k, spend am that month
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by HolyPussy: 7:01am On Sep 08, 2022
They are even lucky they have a car already.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2022
On God...

Unical VC dey Yankee dey chill

Human beings say she deserved the vacation...that she worked hard for it

Yet na the same human beings papa dey drive bolt give their pikin money to buy data just to write trash for nairaland

Ndi ala
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Owopariola001: 7:19am On Sep 08, 2022
So if it's not a government job, these "academics" are not employable in private sector.

Hehehehe.

No wonder, like lecturers like students. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

If you check well, the female lecturers will be selling bags, doing tailoring, making cakes, and doing make up, etc. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by hope4nigeria(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2022
smi2022:
The same lecturer weh fail you for not offing pant, now na u go give Dem 1star rating.. say amen
since you no go keep your smelling pant one place
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by highchief1: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2022
Uyiam:
Please guys if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. Thank you and God bless you
Account num:
41 GTBank Iyom Angela
go and work there’s no dignity in begging.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by bibiking7(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2022

Until they pick up a student that they failed. cheesy the student will be like. I will give you zero star

Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Debangis20(m): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2022
sad OMG! May the Almighty relief us from all of these
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by ComeToJesus: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2022
Bubu has massacred Naija with ineptitude.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Ibegtodiffer: 8:35am On Sep 08, 2022
KillSars:
Na hin real hustle be dat...

The lecturing job is just a side hustle...

Same set of lecturers want 100% pay rise, dem no go show for class, only time u will see dem in class is when they are giving student course outline and the recommended text to use, after that maybe once inside examination hall sha and dem no go spend 5min sef , their project student don suffer, dem go call call call before dem submit a chapter, project wey no suppose last 2month, 6month, they are still on it...
U check them in their office, locked.. nobody can caution them, dem get long leg reach senate, enter ASUU, they are there when all the lecturer in the dept were appointed, u give them supervision, u don ridicule them, dem go reassign assistant lecturer to do am..
This same lecturers still wan make FG pay them for 6month of doing their side hustle...

U should check ur brain, if u think ASUU is not a bigger problem than the FG

Experiences are different. Professor Bilbis use fund and support the project of his students. Many that I know help. I also know some that are not so good. So lumping all of them together is wrong
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by haslaw(m): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2022
Nothing new here..

There are loads and loads of other professionals doing bolt, ubar and other jobs as side hustles.

Even in the United States, guys engage in side hustles all the time.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by kafeii123: 8:52am On Sep 08, 2022
They even have cars that can be used to run Uber and Bolt...be like Unical dey pay special salary o
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by tojahh(m): 8:52am On Sep 08, 2022
Uyiam:

Sell your phone and use the money to eat.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by vislabraye(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2022
KillSars:

Same set of lecturers want 100% pay rise, dem no go show for class, only time u will see dem in class is when they are giving student course outline and the recommended text to use, after that maybe once inside examination hall sha and dem no go spend 5min sef , their project student don suffer, dem go call call call before dem submit a chapter, project wey no suppose last 2month, 6month, they are still on it...
U check them in their office, locked.. nobody can caution them, dem get long leg reach senate, enter ASUU, they are there when all the lecturer in the dept were appointed, u give them supervision, u don ridicule them, dem go reassign assistant lecturer to do am..
This same lecturers still wan make FG pay them for 6month of doing their side hustle...

Hmmm...
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Kekenary: 9:36am On Sep 08, 2022
Most of them are using the funds generated to facilitate their jakpa plans while others are working for the state government. Most UNICAL lecturers have state government side hustles. Even if this strike lasts 10 years, it won't affect them.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by mediclife1987(m): 9:39am On Sep 08, 2022
Uyiam:
Please guys if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. Thank you and God bless you
Account num:
41 GTBank Iyom Angela

Off payint for me first and I promise to do you well smiley
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by clockwisereport: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2022
If I enter one of my lecturer's car, I am 100% sure I will not pay him. I just dey pray make I see am for road. Na fight go settle am
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Softmirror: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2022
Cryomancer:
Welcome to Nigeria... A place that defy every logic known to man...

-A place where it's government easily negotiate with terrorists but find it hard to negotiate with lecturers.

-A place where a government media aide is paid 1m monthly while a professor is paid 300k monthly

-A place where government agencies protect criminals but torture the innocent

Nigeria is a mistake that never should have happened..
LAZY YOOTS ALWAYS COMPLAINING.

Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Doorlarss(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2022
SAPALECTURERS * HOW MARKET
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by emmyN(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2022
KillSars:

I studied a five year course, and all through my stay my lecturers were committed to teaching their students save one in my 500 level. My good Prof and project supervisor died because he couldn't raise 2 million early enough to afford treatment for a spinal injury he sustained from a fall. My prof, an erudite scholar, drove an old mercedes benz and had been a professor for more than a decade before that time. Still think ASUU is the problem?
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
royalfly:
Not only uncal. But all universities.. it's not just uber drivers.. many other things. Before the strike alot of lecturers were Uber drivers especially at night to survive. People think lecturers just collect blocking up and down. It's not entirely true.. just in every area of life you find bad people. This does not mean that everybody is bad.
even in America pple do uber as side hustle... Academics isn't an arena to be super Rich... Teachers in public secondary schools or primary do de earn as lecturers... ? And lecturing is easier than primary secondary teacher work... But ASUU make it looks like education is just university education
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
Lamom:
Nigeria Education Sector is Finished

Imagine with all these issues and some idiots will still vote in APC come 2023 just because of tribe.

Vote Wisely, Vote Peter Obi come 2023 for a better Nigeria!!
is obi a magician?
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by Wwwq: 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by royalfly(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
even in America pple do uber as side hustle... Academics isn't an arena to be super Rich... Teachers in public secondary schools or primary do de earn as lecturers... ? And lecturing is easier than primary secondary teacher work... But ASUU make it looks like education is just university education

The government makes education looks like it's all about the university. Other issues does not relate to my comments. Except you are bringing up a new debate. Like earlier said, before the strike, lecturers were involved in other things. Please try hard to understand my assertions.
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
royalfly:

The government makes education looks like it's all about the university. Other issues does not relate to my comments. Except you are bringing up a new debate. Like earlier said, before the strike, lecturers were involved in other things. Please try hard to understand my assertions.
it's not just govt even Nigerians make it look like education na university alone that's why some pple were calling pmb illiterate despite passing thru secondary school attending a military academy too...
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by royalfly(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
it's not just govt even Nigerians make it look like education na university alone that's why some pple were calling pmb illiterate despite passing thru secondary school attending a military academy too...

Please and please.. good evening..
Re: Strike Turns UNICAL Lecturers To Bolt Drivers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2022
royalfly:

Please and please.. good evening..
comot for road Ina no like Truth mtcheew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terrorists Recruit Followers, Coordinate Attacks Via Social Media — FG / Right-Sizing Of Public Service: Nasir El-Rufai Sacks 19 Political Appointees / 9 Questions About The N8B Clothing Allowance You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.