Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53473 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
it’s not about sexless. He wants it everyday and her body can’t carry it. They have spoken about it several times but no change.

Most people don’t speak out cause of society. Go through the comments here and you will see why some people choose to die in silence.

That's why I say sexual compatibility is vital in marriages. He wants it every day, she can give it only once in two weeks. So what will be the solution? Rape, second wife, olosho, marriage counselor?

I remember a friend of my brought this same problem to my office over a decade ago. He was very upset that he wants to have sex every two days, but the wife says she can cope with every two weeks. His solution was to get another wife. And he actually married another wife. You can imagine how the family was affected by the second marriage. He already had 5 children with his wife and the other wife also now have 4 children.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by TruthinAction: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Any woman who denies his husband sex unless on health ground is unwise and unreasonable. And she will be the first to cry if her husband cheats on her.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by kingyakos: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
dumb human.

They're things to be keep off SM and one of them is the nonsense you posted.

See as u fine, you get everything but you no get sense.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by okoroemeka(m): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4
shut up, attention seeker,what do you mean your husband raped you?are you not ashamed that you are not doing your job properly,you failed as a wife and a woman if your husband has to force his way into your womanhood,anyway I pity those simps that begs their wife for sex,if I touch you twice and you don't respond properly,I will not touch you again until you beg on your knees with a fine of one big broiler,2tubers of yam and one carton of legend stout,what is the job of sidechicks?by the way, For situations like these,infact my wife knows about my sidechicks hovering around so she works so hard to be relevant,why will I even fight and drag pant for sex,why?,God forbid,,this is the lowest ebb that a married man can sink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Qardinalchief(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
pele Attorney general☹️☹️☹️
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Ambitionridah: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Your husband raped you, rape him back
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Slurity(m): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.

Except in a situation where one of the couple has serious health issue that may cause bodily harm to the other partner. Any other sex in marriage is not punishable. If you think you don't want sex, quickly file for divorce.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
It's true that there can be rape in marriage, but Nigerian marital law doesn't recognise rape in marriage.

jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Tegabadguy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
maybe not this part of our world but in the western world they get sued.
are you in western world grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
okay. Thank you

SECTION 1 VAP Act 2015

(1) A person commits the offence of rape if-

(a) he or she intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person with any other part of his or her body or anything else;

(b) the other person does not consent to the penetration; or

(c) the consent is obtained by force or means of threat or intimidation of any kind or by fear of harm or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act or the use of any substance or additive capable of taking away the will of such person or in the case of a married person by impersonating his or her spouse.

(2) A person convicted of an offence under subsection (1) of this section is liable to imprisonment for life except -

(a) where the offender is less than 14 years of age, the offender is liable to a maximum of 14 years imprisonment;

(b) in all other cases, to a minimum of 12 years imprisonment without an option of fine; or

*(c) in the case of rape by a group of persons, the offenders are liable jointly 10 a minimum of 20 years imprisonment without an option of fine.*

(3) The Court shall also award appropriate compensation to the victim as it may deem fit in the circumstance.
(4) A register for convicted sexual offenders shall be maintained and accessible to the public.

Your position still won’t fly.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
That's not true. Nigerian marital law doesn't recognise rape in marriage but some countries do recognise marital rape -- especially Western countries.

Moh247:

No need for insults keep it civil

The only reason no man anywhere in the world even police won't prosecute rape against an husband is because by law during marriage ceremony you are officially giving consent to your legally married husband

Marriage is the legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law.

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Only alpha males rape women. Simps beg for sex

Alpha males are the weakest human beings on earth. They try to use violence to cover up their weakness. Pathetic beings.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by galantjoe(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
THERE IS NO RAPE IN THE MARRIAGE. IF RAPE EXIST IN MARRIAGE, THEN THE LANDLORD MIGHT BE CALLED THIEVE WHILE HARVESTING HIS CROPS
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
Exactly. That contributes to the entitlement mentality. Marital law in Nigeria doesn't recognise marital rape either.

MrBrownJay1:
as much as rape in marriage is very real, in Africa where women are sold off to their husband (thank to bride price etc), i can fully understand why a husband would believe that he OWNS HIS WIFE therefore he can use her as he pleases.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Don't forget the psychological and emotional impact that rape has on women.

Couples should communicate, negotiate, and find a common ground instead of resorting to rape.

crows2ravens:
There's nothing like rape in marriage.
Possible reasons a spouse may be prosecuted:
* The sex involved violence and domestic abuse, leading to significant discomfort or injury. Either way, it's a case of assault/battery, not rape.
* Making photos or videos of sexual activity is unlawful in certain places.
There's nothing like too much sex under the law.

Denying your spouse sex is considered cruelty, and is legal grounds for divorce. Sex is an integral part of marriage under law.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by mercy87(f): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
The level of ignorance here amazes me. Wow. Any sexual relations done without the consent of the person is rape. This applies to marriage too. Your wife or husband is a human being first with personal dignity and right of choice and consent. They are first human beings before becoming your Husband or wife. There is spousal rape. Ignorance is not an excuse in the law. Get informed.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by yommyoke: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Dem force her marry ?
Naso una dey spoil things with all these woke rubbish ... The way marriages dey crash this days is scary ...

And one big reason for that is that partners don't respect one another again, how would someone say no to you but you still go ahead and force your way with them.
Divorce is better than getting raped sha
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, what part of the definition of the contract allows a man to literally forcefully Penetrate his wife against her will? Doesn't that ring all too clearly as yet another form of abuse? , undecided

Go and look for marital rape in Nigerian law. It will shock up. It is legal for a man to rape his wife in Nigeria. In fact, there's no such thing as marital rape in Nigeria.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by yommyoke: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
mercy87:
The level of ignorance here amazes me. Wow. Any sexual relations done without the consent of the person is rape. This applies to marriage too. Your wife or husband is a human being first with personal dignity and right of choice and consent. They are first human beings before becoming your Husband or wife. There is spousal rape. Ignorance is not an excuse in the law. Get informed.

May God bless you!
Even if you're married, that doesn't mean that you should rape your partner whenever he/she says no, you can always find alternatives elsewhere, rape shouldn't be an option

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
mercy87:

Coming from someone who is not informed
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by UNFAZE: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
with all this toto wey full outside, one mumu wife go they form i am nt in the mood.
If she tired ,get a help mate for her to assist with 3sum. why rape or force.
if u need enter peckers........ u go run
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by linearity: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is not the best place to look this up, rather each country, state define rape differently in their criminal codes

In the USA for example, Yes you can rape legally married spouse and will spend years in jail upon conviction.

However in Nigeria, India or some Islamic countries, that same action is not considered rape, they see it as you taking what is rightfully yours and wife can even be scolded for rejecting the advance of his legally married husband.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
bepositive11:
Go and look for marital rape in Nigerian law. It will shock up. It is legal for a man to rape his wife in Nigeria. In fact, there's no such thing as marital rape in Nigeria.
There ought to be no such thing as "marital rape" to begin with. undecided

Why? Because sex is not restricted to marriage only. Sex is sex... this is the case whether engaged in by a married couple, unmarried couples, or even teenagers...sex is sex. And as such we don't require or have a need for different laws where it concerns sex crimes either. It then should follow that Rape is rape independent of the status of those impacted. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Rape is Rape... there ought to be no such thing as "marital rape" to begin with, this since sex is not restricted to marriage only. Sex is sex... this is the case whether engaged in by a married couple, unmarried couples, or even teenagers...sex is sex. And as such we don't require or have a need for different laws where it concerns sex crimes either. Rape is rape regardless of the status of those impacted. undecided

What I'm telling you is that if a man rapes his wife in Nigeria, he's a free man. The wife can't press charges on him for rape.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
bepositive11:
What I'm telling you is that if a man rapes his wife in Nigeria, he's a free man. The wife can't press charges on him for rape.
Well, it is a form of abuse/violence, and a wife can report abuse/violence, can she not? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by lextube: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
[b][/b]
Wittyglam:

What is this one talking about? Is she married at all?
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bepositive11: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, it is a form of abuse/violence, and a wife can report abuse/violence, can she not? undecided

Please read this article for a better explanation: https://www.thecable.ng/marital-spousal-rape-what-the-law-says-about-it/amp

In Nigeria, marital rape is not recognised as abuse or violence either.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
bepositive11:
Please read this article for a better explanation: https://www.thecable.ng/marital-spousal-rape-what-the-law-says-about-it/amp
In Nigeria, marital rape is not recognised as abuse or violence either.
I see... undecided
The reason that the concept of marital or spousal rape is not a crime and is yet to be made a crime in Nigeria can only be traced to the cultural connotations of the Nigerian nation.

Rape is defined by section 357 of the criminal code act thus: “Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offense which is called rape”.

Section 6 of the criminal code act for the sake of clarity defines what the phrase “carnal knowledge” means as stated in section 357 of the act and it defines it to mean “carnal connection which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife”.
The section 282(2) of the penal code act provides thus: “Sexual intercourse by a man with his wife is not rape, save and except the wife have not attained the age of puberty”. This is to say that a man can only be held to have raped his wife according to the penal code only if the wife have not attained the age of puberty but if the wife is of the age of puberty he won’t be held to have committed the offense of rape against the wife.

Therefore, as it stands today, a wife who is legally married to a man cannot claim that her husband raped her no matter the circumstances under which the husband had sex with her and as it is the law that an individual cannot be punished for an offense which is not provided for in any Nigerian law as of the time being despite how moral justifiable punishing the offender can be. This is the provision of section 36(12) of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and it states thus: “Subject as otherwise provided by this Constitution, a person shall not be convicted of a criminal offence unless that offence is defined and the penalty therefore is prescribed in a written law, and in this subsection, a written law refers to an Act of the National Assembly or a Law of a State, any subsidiary legislation or instrument under the provisions of a law”.
Indeed, there is a problem, and clearly there needs to be awareness made of this. Na wa o! undecided
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Edc1: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Women
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by trutht828: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.

Nobody needs your argument here. Take the case to court and let's see how you will win.

Sinve you didn't want to have sex with him, you should have opted for a divorce when he was making sexual advance at you.
Rubbish
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by drlateef: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
I have a colleague that is dying in silence because of this, she can barely walk. Most times she can barely handle sex but her husband doesn’t care and force her into every time.

She is scare of speaking up.

She should divorce him. Otherwise, the man will be committing adultery. No doubt about it.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by lookingfly: 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

me Sha know say i can't force any gal to knack.......even after deep pre-intimacy with the finger and being naked, if she resist. I won't force her. It's that simple for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How Hushpuppi's Instagram Posts Prompted His Arrest (Video) / Thief With Juju Beaten To A Pulp In Onitsha And Burnt Alive (Graphic Pics) / Ruth Bircham: "I Was Raped By Facebook Friend From Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.