Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53196 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

Marriage definition by law

Marriage is the legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law.
that still doesn’t mean I should force my husband into sex without is permission.

There are days our body can’t handle it.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.
thank you.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
I have a colleague that is dying in silence because of this, she can barely walk. Most times she can barely handle sex but her husband doesn’t care and force her into every time.

She is scare of speaking up.

Why is she dieing in silence? Is she being threatened or forced to stay in the marriage? Why not divorce peacefully and let the two parties go and take care of their sexual needs?

It just doesn't make sense to me to be in a sexless marriage.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
tnerro1:
Aunty, shut the fvck up, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill
was the insult necessary? You can pass without saying a world.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Tegabadguy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4
so i force my wife to have sex with me na rape grin grin grin grin grin you won hear i go rape my wife ten times because na wife i pay for her head
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

No need for insults keep it civil

The only reason no man anywhere in the world even police won't prosecute rape against an husband is because by law during marriage ceremony you are officially giving consent to your legally married husband

Marriage is the legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law.

you can be prosecuted elsewhere in the world, this just that in the side of the world we overlook a lot of things.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

So how come no court in the world has ever jailed any husband for rape when the marriage contract included sex

do your research.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by hope4nigeria(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
surgevessel:

What transpires in Marriage is beyond Judiciary knowledge. It's one side to you today and the other side tomorrow..

I was deprived of sex for over 7 months in marriage I was taking full financial responsibilities..

We feel too embarrassed to report issues as such. But our opposite gender feel very free to cry out on sex deprivations. And some gullible female agitator who are yet to experience marriage would come and start fletching muscles on things they cant sustain full understanding of.

Same person who starved me of sex for over 7 months was busy checking my phones and calling every strange number she sees on my phone and threatening innocent ladies.

Women are the most complicated species created by God. No wonder those doing well and making waves in various sectors dont have a close proximity with women in their lives..

I save my comments for matured readers.
Bob Marley comes to mind, No woman no cry
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
as much as rape in marriage is very real, in Africa where women are sold off to their husband (thank to bride price etc), i can fully understand why a husband would believe that he OWNS HIS WIFE therefore he can use her as he pleases.
bride price is a discussion for another day.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Emiron(m): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
NO B FIGTH NOW U DENIAL ME I LOOK OUTSIDE STRAIGHT NO TIME
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by almarthins(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
sex is something you must talk about before marriage.

I know a lady that doesn’t like sex, imagine her marrying someone that does. What will you think will happen?

You can enjoy your wife or husband but there are times the body can’t handle it and people still force their way.

Why are you people just thinking about you and not the other person too.

Woman eh! Them fit a sane man run mad in 5sec. We can talk about if she can not giving me some non excusable excuse. No every time man go dey here stories.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
crows2ravens:
There's nothing like rape in marriage.
Possible reasons a spouse may be prosecuted:
* The sex involved violence and domestic abuse, leading to significant discomfort or injury. Either way, it's a case of assault/battery, not rape.
* Making photos or videos of sexual activity is unlawful in certain places.
There's nothing like too much sex under the law.

Denying your spouse sex is considered cruelty, and is legal grounds for divorce. Sex is an integral part of marriage under law.
don’t sugarcoat it. When your spouse force is/her is rape.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
that still doesn’t mean I should force my husband into sex without is permission.

There are days our body can’t handle it.

Yes there are days our bodies can’t handle sex, but the two parties must discuss and come to an amicable understanding before or during marriage. both of your should have an understanding and be sensitive to each other's sexual needs. Once that is missing, the marriage should be dissolved to avoid unnecessary pains and frustrations.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
amalover007:
the two of una no well.

Rape ko tape ni
you’re more unwell since you can’t make your point without insults.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
wirinet:

Yes there are days our bodies can’t handle sex, but the two parties must discuss and come to an amicable understanding. Before or during marriage both of your should have an understanding and be sensitive to each other's sexual needs. Once that is missing, the marriage should be dissolved to avoid unnecessary pains and frustrations.
this is what I have been trying to say but people want to reply without comprehension.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
almarthins:

Woman eh! Them fit a sane man run mad in 5sec. We can talk about if she can not giving me some non excusable excuse. No every time man go dey here stories.
that is why understanding is important in marriage.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
don’t sugarcoat it. When your spouse force is/her is rape.

You still don't get it. We are saying why not divorce your spouse before you get to the rape stage. Because you will be divorced the minute you charge him/her to court for rape. Then the divorce will be more complicated.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tegabadguy:
so i force my wife to have sex with me na rape grin grin grin grin grin you won hear i go rape my wife ten times because na wife i pay for her head
understanding is key.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by almarthins(m): 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
that is why understanding is important in marriage.
Yeah! I fit understand but you know ur people na. They can over do things
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
wirinet:

Why is she dieing in silence? Is she being threatened or forced to stay in the marriage? Why not divorce peacefully and let the two parties go and take care of their sexual needs?

It just doesn't make sense to me to be in a sexless marriage.
it’s not about sexless. He wants it everyday and her body can’t carry it. They have spoken about it several times but no change.

Most people don’t speak out cause of society. Go through the comments here and you will see why some people choose to die in silence.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingyakos:

If na me be ur husband i for chuk preek for anyway i see hole for ur body
dumb human.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Tegabadguy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
understanding is key.
com will dey naija know be oyibo land will dey grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
rickleye:

If Sex has been planned like everything else there should not be an Issue.
But most ladies take a laisse-faire attitude to it- I will give it to him when I am emotionally available.
For a man to consider raping his wife
1. Olosho is not an option
2. Maybe under the influence of something
3. He's been denied too long so he is taking it by force.
I just wish he understands themselves before getting married so they don’t suffer the other party.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
litigator:

Definition of rape.

357. Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape.

Punishment of rape. 30 of 1960.

358. Any person who commits the offence of rape is liable to imprisonment for life, with or without caning.

Attempt to commit rape. 30 of 1960.

359. Any person who attempts to commit the offence of rape is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years, with or without caning.

I agree with you to the extent that the violence against persons prohibition Act (VAPP Act) modified the provisions of the aforesaid law.

But this VAPP Act 2015 is yet to be fully tested by the court. If you juridical pronouncement, please help me with one.

Thanks.
okay. Thank you
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
bride price is a discussion for another day.

as much as you are right, bride price is one of the major reason why some men believe they can rape their wife.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Thegoodone13:
. Section 6 of the Criminal Code defines unlawful carnal knowledge as that which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife; and the offence is complete upon penetration. In other words, marital rape is not an offence in Nigeria. A husband cannot rape his wife. It is assumed that the wife gives implied general consent to sexual intercourse with her husband upon entering the marriage contract. This implied consent is revocable either by an order of a court or a separation agreement. In his book, History of the Pleas of the Crown (1736), Sir Matthew Hale wrote, “But the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife, for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given herself up in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract.”
hmmm but people get sued even though it’s not from this part of our world.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tegabadguy:
babe their is no rape in marriage
maybe not this part of our world but in the western world they get sued.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

as much as you are right, bride price is one of the major reason why some men believe they can rape their wife.
I will write on that because I get why they bill men a lot.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
almarthins:

Yeah! I fit understand but you know ur people na. They can over do things
okay.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
wirinet:

You still don't get it. We are saying why not divorce your spouse before you get to the rape stage. Because you will be divorced the minute you charge him/her to court for rape. Then the divorce will be more complicated.
okay.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
wirinet:

Yes there are days our bodies can’t handle sex, but the two parties must discuss and come to an amicable understanding before or during marriage. both of your should have an understanding and be sensitive to each other's sexual needs. Once that is missing, the marriage should be dissolved to avoid unnecessary pains and frustrations.
thank you
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Proudlyomonna: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.

You are a goat...

Do you even know the meaning of conjugal RIGHT?
In as much as this should be disapproved but common sense should not be thrown out.
You can't rape your Wife,What the useless man did was take what belongs to him without due process.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Unilag Slay Queen Arrested For Stealing Roommate’s ATM Card / 31-Year-Old Suspect Recounts How He Murdered His Abuja-Based Girlfriend (Pics) / Why Fulani Herdsmen killed Over 86 People In Plateau – Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.