Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53206 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by virginprincess(f): 8:27am On Sep 15, 2022
Rosaline5000:

I am surprised this is coming from you, I thought you will be one of those people that says as long as it's his wife and a woman, she is inferior and the husband can use her anyhow.
I am really surprised you know there can be rape in a marriage, so you are not 100% bad.
Ok shocked
My dear me sef shock,this has prove to me that not all nairaland males are actually bad some just want to belong to avoid being called a simp by their fellow men here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by virginprincess(f): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.
Wow!wow! wow!,Mr no virgin no marriage i'm shocked,so you can actually say something like this,you are not so bad afterall,i pray you get the virgin wife you so desire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by jeromestarks: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2022
virginprincess:
Wow!wow! wow!,Mr no virgin no marriage i'm shocked,so you can actually say something like this,you are not so bad afterall,i pray you get the virgin wife you so desire.
Thanks baby.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 8:50am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.

The Criminal Code and The Penal code do not recognise Marital rape.

You may check the link in my signature to get enlightened

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Ucheboss: 8:55am On Sep 15, 2022
Whoever wants to learn should learn. There's nothing like marital rape in Nigerian Criminal Code. Stop unnecessary argument & research. Google is there to help

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by jeromestarks: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2022
dollynnn:

The Criminal Code and The Penal code do not recognise Marital rape.

You may check the link in my signature to get enlightened
Just because it's not in some kinda stupid book doesn't mean it's not plausible.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

Just because it's not in some kinda stupid book doesn't mean it's not plausible.

Lol

Calm down and learn. No one is saying it's not plausible. However, as it stands now there is nothing like Marital rape under the law. As a result, a husband cannot be prosecuted for raping his wife.

He may be prosecuted for assault where he exerts force on his wife or sexual assault but not RAPE.

Only The Violence Against Persons ( Prohibition) Act recognises Marital rape but it hasn't been domesticated in all the 36 States in Nigeria.

Modified:

Stupid book, you say?

The "stupid" book can make or mar you for life

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wallade(m): 9:18am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

The law doesn't recognize rape in marriage. That is the legal position. I careless about plausible positions especially when it is not legally founded.

We are not talking sentiments here; we are talking legalities.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by oyatz(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

The marriage vows are consents already given , more like 'Pre-paid'

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by oyatz(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
madam or oga it can be establish.
There's a reason it called rape.
It might sound somehow but if she says no then it's no, as man you too can do your own back. If she has a recording of the husband forcing her to have sex the court will find the husband guilty.

Pls quote which part of our laws establish this offence of rape within marriage.

As a matter of fact, denying your marriage partner sex is enough ground for divorce.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by deardevil(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2022
sorry what happened to you but you cant charge your husband for rape but you can charge him for assaults'
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by BusinessPlan22: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

Ok I get you

Get which rubbish, you have been correct moh, leave that educated illiterate.
A man slept and film his wife is not a crime, but if you film her too and she takes it to law, it's a crime. But sex with ur wife isn't rape.
Consent was given at marriage instance

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Favvybillionz(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2022
Shoodboi:
Reminds me of that time I stole my phone.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by yommyoke: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2022
Hmmm, I really like this thread and how educative it is.
Rape is a topic to be discussed adequately,
What many don't understand is that, either married or not, as long as the party you're having sexual act with doesn't concent to the act, it can be tagged rape.
Sex is part of marital bliss but when your spouse says "no" but you still go ahead and use force on him/her, that's rape.
Repeated denial doesn't mean you should force her, na one of the whys our forefathers consider multiple wives, if one says no to you, you move to the next one.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Oyiboman69: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2022
Begging for God for a husband but being foolish after marriage....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Moh247: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

Get which rubbish, you have been correct moh, leave that educated illiterate.
A man slept and film his wife is not a crime, but if you film her too and she takes it to law, it's a crime. But sex with ur wife isn't rape.
Consent was given at marriage instance

Rape is very sensitive Na why I had to refrain from engaging her further
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by BusinessPlan22: 11:40am On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

Rape is very sensitive Na why I had to refrain from engaging her further
I understand u bro.
I know what u did there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2022
yommyoke:
Hmmm, I really like this thread and how educative it is.
Rape is a topic to be discussed adequately,
What many don't understand is that, either married or not, as long as the party you're having sexual act with doesn't concent to the act, it can be tagged rape.
Sex is part of marital bliss but when your spouse says "no" but you still go ahead and use force on him/her, that's rape.
Repeated denial doesn't mean you should force her, na one of the whys our forefathers consider multiple wives, if one says no to you, you move to the next one.

Marital rape is not recognised under the Nigerian law. Get your facts right!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2022
grin
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Lamanii22(f): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2022
I don’t think there’s rape in marriage…
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by chykinston(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2022
Nothing like rape in marriage, Pls correct yourself cause as u agree to marry him, u took a vow u shall open ur leg at his demand. Pls pull down such

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Kajaard: 11:56am On Sep 15, 2022
techWriter3:
surrender his bride premium first

price not premium
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by ezenwaforj: 11:56am On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4

WHAT AN IDIOTIC POST!!!!!!!!!![sup][/sup]
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dyera(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There is no rape in marriage. If your husband or wife force you to have sex despite the fact that you are tired from work, it is called domestic abuse, not rape.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by SmartyPants(m): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

Wrong.

Most legal systems do not recognize marital rape. Nigeria inclusive. The law takes the position that marriage gives rise to consent that endures in perpetuity.

This is something that is changing with advocacy around the world, but for now, it's still a difficult area. The English only changed their Law on this subject a few years ago, for example.

Added to this, there is the immense difficulty of proving that your husband raped you. In most cases it's impossible to satisfy the burden and standard of proof.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bupounds: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2022
After marriage.
Guys make una nor dey marry all this ITK women.
This nor be talk joor why would you refuse your husband sex should be the question.
Useless Nigerian Women Forming rubbish if him take second wife nau una go begin cry.
I go marry you pay bride price, still dey feed u house u yet you go refuse me sex i go throw you out for middle of the night.
Radarada bi obe olorka

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by worksmart(m): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2022
k
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by juman(m): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2022
Africans would say why are you not submissive to your husband?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

31-Year-Old Suspect Recounts How He Murdered His Abuja-Based Girlfriend (Pics) / Why Fulani Herdsmen killed Over 86 People In Plateau – Miyetti Allah / Businesswoman Climbs On Client's Car For Refusing To Pay For Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.