Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53216 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by SugarGirl44(f): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Dem force her marry ?
Naso una dey spoil things with all these woke rubbish ... The way marriages dey crash this days is scary ...

Leave those woke people jare.
A woman who is not always in the mood for sex should at least leave her husband to cheat in peace.
But these same women will fight the husbands for smiling with someone on the phone.
Very confused people that make women get mocked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Bmaster(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Weirdcamila:
[s]Only alpha males rape women. Simps beg for sex[/s]
this is wickedness of the highest order!
Alpha males don't beg for sex neither do they force anyone.infact...what makes them alpha us that normally they are being given sex for free,just to prove to them that they are among the 'most wanted'.
Get your facts right
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by HumanoidX: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

You really are confused.
I'm a Nigerian Lawyer, called to the NIGERIAN BAR..
I know that LAW is dynamic and there are alot ot peculiarities in different jurisdictions.
It is utter ignorance to be insisting on the position of the Law of a country on another sovereign country.
I'm sure you know that homosexuality is not a crime in the Western world but a serious crime in Nigeria. Will you call the Western countries saner climes for legalising homosexuality
The earlier you realise that Nigeria is a sovereign country, with its independent right to make its Laws, after putting together religious and moral considerations, the better it will be for.

That being said, when it comes to the Nigeria Legal System, there is absolutely NOTHING like RAPE in Marriage.
Take it or leave it, this is Nigeria and not the Western world..

It is how you put homosexuality and rape in the same argument. Please rest! Nobody is talking about sovereignty here. You know how to be a lawyer when it is to comes to suppressing women and their rights. Your country Nigeria still demands the consent of a "husband" to issue a "wife" her international passport.

I am a husband and it is wrong.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by membranus: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.

There is no rape in marriage in Nigeria courts.

Which judge will you tell that to, maybe a woman judge.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

No need for insults keep it civil

The only reason no man anywhere in the world even police won't prosecute rape against an husband is because by law during marriage ceremony you are officially giving consent to your legally married husband

Marriage is the legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law.

Na lie...

Na Moh247 write this thing...

Wonderful..

anyways it's boring here,we will meet at the usual arena
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
drlateef:

I will never support any forced sexual intercourse at anytime. But the day a woman openly accuses the husband of rape is the day the marriage has ended.
I have a colleague that is dying in silence because of this, she can barely walk. Most times she can barely handle sex but her husband doesn’t care and force her into every time.

She is scare of speaking up.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by kingyakos: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4

Tell that to your village chief
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Thegoodone13(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.
. You are wrong. There is no rape in marriage in Nigeria
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
almarthins:

The kind way wey God go take punish this generation eh.

So now if I wan jigijigi I go first prepare lengthy document and ask my wife to sign an before we can play. Make una stop this play before e go become another strange fire wey go destroy more happy homes. If I no fit enjoy my wife then I have no reason staying in the union. Make everybody park go back to their papa house like that go good.
sex is something you must talk about before marriage.

I know a lady that doesn’t like sex, imagine her marrying someone that does. What will you think will happen?

You can enjoy your wife or husband but there are times the body can’t handle it and people still force their way.

Why are you people just thinking about you and not the other person too.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingyakos:

Tell that to your village chief
some of you lack morals. You can’t hold a little conversation without insults why?
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Thegoodone13:
. You are wrong. There is no rape in marriage in Nigeria
there is actually.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fearyourcreator: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
SugarGirl44:

A woman who is not in the mood for sex should at least leave her husband to cheat in peace.
But these same women will fight the husbands for smiling with someone on the phone.
Fine it could happen but normally would be settled ... Which one come be rape again ... Like say we no get mama too... Nawa ooo...
Make my mama come dey say my papa rape ... Its really funny ooo

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by kingyakos: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
If na concerning preek and toto this thread pages go long pass third mainland in space of 1minute.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Tegabadguy(m): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
there is actually.
babe their is no rape in marriage
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
SugarGirl44:

A woman who is not in the mood for sex should at least leave her husband to cheat in peace.
wait so anytime you need sex and your spouse is not in the mood for it, you will cheat?
Your spouse must always be available for your sexual needs?
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Berankis: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Some women can be selfish Sha! It's all about them, they actually believe men don't have lives of their own but exist for them.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by rickleye: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Marital rape or spousal rape is the act of sexual intercourse with one's spouse without the spouse's consent.
It's her body, she doesn't want do , she doesn't want do.
That is why I pay Olosho. I don't have time to spend in Jail.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Thegoodone13(m): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
there is actually.
. Section 6 of the Criminal Code defines unlawful carnal knowledge as that which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife; and the offence is complete upon penetration. In other words, marital rape is not an offence in Nigeria. A husband cannot rape his wife. It is assumed that the wife gives implied general consent to sexual intercourse with her husband upon entering the marriage contract. This implied consent is revocable either by an order of a court or a separation agreement. In his book, History of the Pleas of the Crown (1736), Sir Matthew Hale wrote, “But the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife, for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given herself up in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract.”
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Bmaster:
this is wickedness of the highest order!
Alpha males don't beg for sex neither do they force anyone.infact...what makes them alpha us that normally they are being given sex for free,just to prove to them that they are among the 'most wanted'.
Get your facts right
nobody needs to beg for sex.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Thegoodone13(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
. Section 6 of the Criminal Code defines unlawful carnal knowledge as that which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife; and the offence is complete upon penetration. In other words, marital rape is not an offence in Nigeria. A husband cannot rape his wife. It is assumed that the wife gives implied general consent to sexual intercourse with her husband upon entering the marriage contract. This implied consent is revocable either by an order of a court or a separation agreement. In his book, History of the Pleas of the Crown (1736), Sir Matthew Hale wrote, “But the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife, for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given herself up in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract.”
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by rickleye: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
sex is something you must talk about before marriage.

I know a lady that doesn’t like sex, imagine her marrying someone that does. What will you think will happen?

You can enjoy your wife or husband but there are times the body can’t handle it and people still force their way.

Why are you people just thinking about you and not the other person too.

If Sex has been planned like everything else there should not be an Issue.
But most ladies take a laisse-faire attitude to it- I will give it to him when I am emotionally available.
For a man to consider raping his wife
1. Olosho is not an option
2. Maybe under the influence of something
3. He's been denied too long so he is taking it by force.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
A man can rape is wife and a wife can rape the husband.

Whether married or not once the other person doesn’t consent to it or was force that is rape and can be punishable by law.

Definition of rape.

357. Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape.

Punishment of rape. 30 of 1960.

358. Any person who commits the offence of rape is liable to imprisonment for life, with or without caning.

Attempt to commit rape. 30 of 1960.

359. Any person who attempts to commit the offence of rape is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years, with or without caning.

I agree with you to the extent that the violence against persons prohibition Act (VAPP Act) modified the provisions of the aforesaid law.

But this VAPP Act 2015 is yet to be fully tested by the court. If you juridical pronouncement, please help me with one.

Thanks.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by kingyakos: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:
some of you lack morals. You can’t hold a little conversation without insults why?

You also lack morals. Did SM stand in position of your parents during your marriage for you to bring up such thing here. Don't you or your husband has parents?

U no get shame
U no get respect
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by AjiyaMaina: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Temmylee01 post=116673734] I can record my wife naked without her consent and she might let go and forgive me , but having sex without her knowledge and consent is RAPE. Ire ooooohhhh.[/JWquote].
JAHILI KENAN
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:
cool

There is no rape in marriage

All sex in marriage is legal conjugal rights of both parties

Did you forget your wedding vows of for better for worse

You can't even take it to court or win

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

Starving your partner of sex is a sin

most times I feel you guys are always quick to reply than comprehend the message. I’m not saying you should starve your partner of sex but there are times the other person is not feeling and can’t handle it at that time, you have to understand.

The best thing is to marry someone that understands you.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

they don’t want to listen.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Treadway: 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
babajeje123:

I have witnessed a case where a husband was put behind the bars for sleeping with the wife without her consent. Let me shock you, if your wife asks you not to release into her and you do, if she reports you, you will be jailed. In a sane clime though.
you keep saying sane clime. Read what you wrote up there, how does that qualify as a sane clime? Don't even get me started on the incredulous claims like how the girl intends to prove that she told you not to nut in her. Video or voice recording when she was saying so while bleeping the dude?? Incredulous tales of a 'sane clime'
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Return his bride price first
I’m just creating awards because people experience this a lot. Most people enjoy sex with force and without consent in marriage and that is rape.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by kingyakos: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

If na me be ur husband i for chuk preek for anyway i see hole for ur body
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by babajeje123(m): 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Treadway:
you keep saying sane clime. Read what you wrote up there, how does that qualify as a sane clime? Don't even get me started on the incredulous claims like how the girl intends to prove that she told you not to nut in her. Video or voice recording when she was saying so while bleeping the dude?? Incredulous tales of a 'sane clime'
You won sad
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

rape, unlawful sexual activity, most often involving sexual intercourse

Good luck proving it in a Law court that your Legally married Husband with right to Conjugal rights had "unlawful" sex with you

There is something like this in law but Nigerians overlook it but if you go to the western world hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Businesswoman Climbs On Client's Car For Refusing To Pay For Services / White Woman Scatters Nigerian Woman's Goods In Her Shop In Dublin (Video) / Woman Caught After Stealing & Swallowing Gold Jewelry Worth N1.5m In A Store

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.