Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why You Experience Heartbreaks - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Experience Heartbreaks (15219 Views)

What Is It That Makes Heartbreaks So Painful To You? / Have You Experience This Before (photo) / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kayceenaz:

You're toying with a ticking time bomb. There are more essential matters in life than romance; you may be living below your capacity as a human.

Read and understand before replying bro.

I said in the past(during school days, NYSC days, my days as an employee and so) that was when I had time for relationship, not now.
When I had enough time to spare for that(relationship matter), I never carried romance on my head(I handled it with wisdom), not to talk of now that I have little or no time for relationship and by extension romance.

I gt your point and advice but I think I am on the right path with respect to your topic(post), I never got carried away with relationship right from time.
Yes, I love sometimes(at some points in life) but I am always at alert and gallant all times, when you have the orientation that most human relationships are laid on "beneficial" foundation except immediate family(blood) relationships, you won't be carried away or hit a hard knock by life w.r.t relationship heartbreak/breakfast. That's the reason before a girl say it or present such to me, I am already ahead, leaving her behind.
May be that is why some of them do feel I never loved them from the beginning, they wonder why I am ahead of their actions.

Modified: I don't know you are the OP. You have a good point/view about life and relationship anyway.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Tgb1: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
Oh
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by bepositive11: 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kayceenaz:

Well, I didn't miss that angle. That's exactly my point. Purpose drives self-contentment to the extent a person may decide not to be involved in romance at all, becoming a reverend father or sister, hermit, monk and so on. Purpose is always enough.

I'm open to sharing this insight and more on related topics in person across Nigeria in relevant programs/meetings/conferences. Cheers!

You don't get my point. It goes deeper than purpose. Anyway, good luck.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kayceenaz:
Since I heard Burnaboy declare in his “Breakfast” hit song, “Last last, na everybody go chop breakfast,” I have disagreed. Being an entertainment content doesn’t override the untruth in those words. Only two categories of people are mostly bound to “chop” breakfast, becoming veteran victims of romantic heartbreaks: Those yet to find their life’s purpose and those who found but forgot their life’s purpose.

First, those ignorant about their life’s purpose tend to give romance an overestimated place in their lives. They believe that a chunk of their happiness depends on love and its expressions from the opposite gender; their obsession with marriage is unequalled. This makes them open their arms towards anyone who is loving and meets their shallow physical criteria. Absence of a solid life vision relegates them to going with the flow. Typically, they wail, embrace misandry/misogyny, contemplate or/and commit suicide when this love flow ebbs away.

Second, those who forget their life’s purpose yield either to personal or family/societal pressures. Here, bodily desires overpower their focus on purpose, making them accommodate people who had no business in their lives at all; very few are undisturbed by their departure. Also, they are swayed by the “God-when” shouts from peers online/offline and overflowing counsels from relatives to be marriage ready. Then they resort to shallow criteria, making lifetime mistakes with deep scars. Any breakfast customer in the past, present and future, after thorough enquiry, is in either of these two categories.

The exceptions to romantic heartbreaks or breakfast are those who have found and are living by their life’s purpose. Awareness of the number one position of why they are makes romance either secondary or useless (some become monks, reverend fathers and sisters, or hermits). Eventual involvement in romance in view of marriage is guided by purpose. Most part of their hearts belong to purpose, they can’t be served breakfast. You can end all those heartbreaks, repeated tears, trauma, sanity/life threats by finding and living your life’s purpose. Not everybody will eat breakfast.

©Kelechi O. Naze (KON)
well done for the epistle

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Fash20: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2022
Totally agree with OP. I tried love once and I regretted when she left I felt the void. If I had a life purpose then, I wouldn't have felt anything

2 Likes

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2022
MrRemedyAlagbo:
well done for the epistle
Thank you. I'm open to share this insight and more in person across Nigeria.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2022
Fash20:
Totally agree with OP. I tried love once and I regretted when she left I felt the void. If I had a life purpose then, I wouldn't have felt anything
Exactly. Your purpose always keeps you emotionally healthy.

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Karlifate: 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kayceenaz:

©Kelechi O. Naze (KON)

Good write-up, OP. wink

In summary:
purpose over pussy, for men.

purpose over pënis, for women.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Karlifate: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
bepositive11:
Your post is very deep but you're missing a very important angle -- becoming whole and content with one's self.

All these people who are crazy romantics are actually looking for things missing in them. They are drawn to their partners because their partners seem to have something that they are missing. Their partners seem to complete them, and eventually, their partners become their life purpose.

A lot of movies romanticise this concept but it's complete rubbish. No one can complete you. Only you can complete yourself. The moment you feel that you are a complete on your own, instead of looking for someone to complete you, you will instead be looking for someone to complement you. And you will have a life purpose that is not tied to another person.

You're simply paraphrasing what the OP typed.

When you align with your purpose, you'll discover more about yourself.

In essence, the pursuit of purpose leads to in-depth self discovery.

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by bepositive11: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2022
Karlifate:

Self discovery comes first.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Karlifate: 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2022
YoungLionken:
When you're poor, then heartbreak happens...

Will Smith ain't poor tongue

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Karlifate: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
bepositive11:

Keyword: in-depth.

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by bepositive11: 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
Karlifate:

Keyword: in-depth.

You don't understand what I'm saying, but nevermind.

The level of self discovery I'm talking about is not something that you can achieve through pursuing your purpose, but nevermind. You don't understand.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2022
bepositive11:

Finding purpose is self-discovery.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
Karlifate:

Exactly. I said so, too. We are on the same page.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by bepositive11: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kayceenaz:

Finding your purpose is self-discovery.

What I'm talking about is not something I can type out and explain to you. It's very complicated. Self discovery goes beyond purpose.

Anyway, nevermind. Have a good day.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Josephkabila12: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
Since Francisca leave me dat year when we dey yr 1 no relationship dey break my heart again. Na me cause am weh she leave me because I too serious for school matter dat year
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2022
Josephkabila12:
Since Francisca leave me dat year when we dey yr 1 no relationship dey break my heart again. Na me cause am weh she leave me because I too serious for school matter dat year
You made your choice and chose excellently. cool

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Munzy14(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
Relationships are cute and romantic.

But, make sure you don't lose focus on your purpose in life..Keep developing yourself, humans can disappoint you at any point in time.

But a developed self will keep achieving till the end.

Again, be you male or female, add value to yourself and to whom you are in love with.
It is cute when we all have something doing. NO MATTER HOW SMALL.

You expose yourself to heartbreak when you don't have anything doing...You make it easier for the other partner to play with your emotions.

To my guys, chase the money..Every woman want to be comfortable even your mother your cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Maxxim: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Na people wey dey claim hardened hearts dey react worst to being served breakfast...abeg find better make you talk. undecided
Fax cheesy
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Karlifate: 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
Allisgud:
When u see a man crying of breakfast fast,it's not about him loosing the girl,why he is heartbroken is because of the amount of money and time he has invested in her,so my advice for any man is used ur head even if u are swimming in love with her,why spending on her make sure u are always ready for breakfast

wink

It's usually about the 'investment' and not really about the girl in question.

Money, time and attention are all forms of investment. The more you give these in a romantic relationship, the more your heart yearns for the romantic relationship.

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by DonroxyII: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2022
concho:
You never Jam . I would question the quality of the people that has crossed your life

When you meet ; someone with Charisma , great personality , and super reserved . You will agree with me that no one is above heartbreak

“She touched my heart and vanished “ smiles
I say Dem no too Dey Chop Breakfast ... No Pour Venom on Me Bro grin
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
Allisgud:
When u see a man crying of breakfast fast,it's not about him loosing the girl,why he is heartbroken is because of the amount of money and time he has invested in her,so my advice for any man is used ur head even if u are swimming in love with her,why spending on her make sure u are always ready for breakfast
A purposeful man invests in himself first, always and much, not on a lady that isn't his wife. Even in marriage, the romantic union must not displace purpose. Purpose always comes first.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Daslenan: 2:34am On Sep 21, 2022
What does it mean to eat breakfast in this context?
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Allisgud: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2022
Kayceenaz:

A purposeful man invests in himself first, always and much, not on a lady that isn't his wife. Even in marriage, the romantic union must not displace purpose. Purpose always comes first.
true, though from girlfriend lead to wife u don't just meet a girl today and she become a wife the next day, tru those process u are dating something go dey commot for ur hand na,abi u never hear news say wife serve husband heartbreak
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 8:58am On Sep 21, 2022
Daslenan:
What does it mean to eat breakfast in this context?
Experience romantic heartbreak or disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by SPAMBOX7: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Na people wey dey claim hardened hearts dey react worst to being served breakfast...abeg find better make you talk. undecided
Leave am. Hardened men don't to about announcing for all I know
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by headbasher96(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2022
Traplord09:

I can't drink because my life is important one door closed other open like da say not everthin u called love are loved...

I lean from my past experiences
Before any say I love u
I go check my account because I no believe that word love

Just like Adam and eve
Without eve world would have been a better place
eve is the mother of yahoo boys na scammer eve be
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by TheMaharajah: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Two completely separate issues entirely. undecided

Well, I don't do relationship and romance. I am into serious real world relation with be that a sister, a brother, mother or father, a friend or even a pet. I demand strong loyalty, mutual understanding, believing in me and having my back, seeing it through 2ru thick and thin. This is my own understanding of love and unfortunately even the so called mother's love can't see to these. Once e bad reach one side every body go desert you. The only one that remains in these trying times is what I consider true love which in most cases is only myself. So you see what I mean. It's a joke you can do it for fun but nothing too serious to the extent of being heartbroken.

Modified:
Women don't like hearing men finding not much use for their wares.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kobojunkie: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
TheMaharajah:
Well, I don't do relationship and romance. I am into serious real world relation with be that a sister, a brother, mother or father, a friend or even a pet. I demand strong loyalty, mutual understanding, believing in me and having my back, seeing it through 2ru thick and thin. This is my own understanding of love and unfortunately even the so called mother's love can't see to these. Once e bad reach one side every body go desert you. The only one that remains in these trying times is what I consider true love which in most cases is only myself. So you see what I mean. It's a joke you can do it for fun but nothing too serious to the extent of being heartbroken.
Modified:
So, I see that you make this demands of others but do you however give to others exactly the same kind of love you demand from them or are you all about "me" and not about others ? undecided

Do you like hearing that women don't have much use for your wares then? undecided
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by TheMaharajah: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, I see that you make this demands of others but do you however give to others exactly the same kind of love you demand from them or are you all about "me" and not about others ? undecided

Do you like hearing that women don't have much use for your wares then? undecided

I've never known a man more kind, loyal and compassionate as myself. I can't prove that to you but people who knows me know how simple a soul I am but in a world of wolves you have to act like a wolf. Once I consider someone a worthy friend I do my best to do by that person.

I stand only for what is what. It hurts to know that (expecially from the mouth of lesbians) but I don't get bitter about it.
Re: Why You Experience Heartbreaks by Kayceenaz(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2022
TheMaharajah:

Modified:
True. Always put yourself, directly proportional to your purpose, first in romance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps To Seduce Girls - A Seduction Guide For Men / Why Do Girls Like "Marking Of Territory" ( SHOCKING PICTURE) / Upload Your Pics Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.