Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? (892 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? / Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated? / One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
A colleague shared his thoughts with me and I decided with his permission to share it on the forum so that other experienced people can further advise...thank you.

"I had a friend a very close friend she was highly cerebral and beautiful. We were both doing good financially (we both had good paying jobs). I had always thought we would get married and raise a little family. I did ask her out, but she said we were both too young and marriage was a huge commitment.
She changed job (got an oil company offer) and relocated to Warri. We both celebrated it, talked about the distance promised to see each other at least once in two weeks and all of that. We kept through to it though at least for the first six months, I will fly to Warri, and in a fortnight she will fly to Lagos.
One time I had a busy weekend back to back and couldn't make it, I promised the next weekend, my cousin's wedding ahhhhhhh, ok the next weekend, wait..."why don't you just come over, so I asked?" and from that period bit by bit the relationship ( I don't even know if there was a relationship) began to fade.
All the time we were together, we never had sex. Although I do get a lot when I hangout with my friends so I just didn't bother her about it. We were still good friends and calling each other but something was not connecting...but I loved her...

About 18 months later I met another amazing soul. She is brilliant, fantastic job and hard working. So before I could ask her out....I am already a father of three. Yes...so we got married and 1,2,...boom �. It was amazing. I am happy looking at my kids. However, I know deep down, I still love my first friend. Whenever I hear her name I feel something. I know it's over but I just can't stop loving her and she is still single"..........
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by iamwilliamsfx(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
I can't love someone more than my sponsor

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by God1000(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
It's called true love, such love is rare nowadays.
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
God1000:
Yeah but what would you do? How would you advise such a person?
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by God1000(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hideki:
Yeah but what would you do? How would you advise such a person?
You need accept the reality of your life now and forget about her.

I know it won't be easy, but it's a gradual process

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hollybratt(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Op you too like woman
get serious with your life
IRMC

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hollybratt:
Op you too like woman
get serious with your life
IRMC
I love woman o, I am surrounded by three. Wifey and two beautiful daughters. Sorry if you find it offensive.
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by VKN23: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hideki:
A colleague shared his thoughts with me and I decided with his permission to share it on the forum so that other experienced people can further advise...thank you.

"I had a friend a very close friend she was highly cerebral and beautiful. We were both doing good financially (we both had good paying jobs). I had always thought we would get married and raise a little family. I did ask her out, but she said we were both too young and marriage was a huge commitment.
She changed job (got an oil company offer) and relocated to Warri. We both celebrated it, talked about the distance promised to see each other at least once in two weeks and all of that. We kept through to it though at least for the first six months, I will fly to Warri, and in a fortnight she will fly to Lagos.
One time I had a busy weekend back to back and couldn't make it, I promised the next weekend, my cousin's wedding ahhhhhhh, ok the next weekend, wait..."why don't you just come over, so I asked?" and from that period bit by bit the relationship ( I don't even know if there was a relationship) began to fade.
All the time we were together, we never had sex. Although I do get a lot when I hangout with my friends so I just didn't bother her about it. We were still good friends and calling each other but something was not connecting...but I loved her...

About 18 months later I met another amazing soul. She is brilliant, fantastic job and hard working. So before I could ask her out....I am already a father of three. Yes...so we got married and 1,2,...boom �. It was amazing. I am happy looking at my kids. However, I know deep down, I still love my first friend. Whenever I hear her name I feel something. I know it's over but I just can't stop loving her and she is still single"..........

Where do you guys get this cock and bull from.
You two split up but you still want to spol your marriage cos you're longing for a SHADOW

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hollybratt(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hideki:
I love woman o, I am surrounded by three. Wifey and two beautiful daughters. Sorry if you find it offensive.
Let me handle the oldest among your daughters

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
VKN23:

Where do you guys get this cock and bull from.
You two split up but you still want to spol your marriage cos you're longing for a SHADOW
brother calm down no one is splitting anything. Please what you think is irrelevant or nothing is a huge deal to another. We all don't operate at the same capacity emotionally. If we did, people won't commit suicide. Just state your kind opinion and move on
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by JOACHINpedro: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
True love scares sha. But move on, not everything is meant to be

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Nonexisting1: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
God1000:
We will see if it's true love after he fuccks her. Men dream of what they haven't had and the dream dies slowly after they have it all.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nonexisting1:
We will see if it's true love after he fuccks her. Men dream of what they haven't had and the dream dies slowly after they have it all.
another point though. Perhaps if they had sex, things might be different
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Temiel(m): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
So, what will he do about it now??

Maybe we need to remind him that he is married or that he has 3 kids.
Will he want to jeopardise the good thing he has going just for what?
Lose what is for what might have been?

Tell your friend, OP, to wake up from his daydream and focus on reality.
As someone once said, die that thought immediately otherwise a whole lot of things will die instead.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by dollytino4real(f): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Guy try n 4get her b4 it cost u ur marriage

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
@OP
why dont you throw your marriage away and you divorce your wife, then marry the other woman... ?! et voila!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
@OP
why dont you throw your marriage away and you divorce your wife, then marry the other woman... ?! et voila!
angry
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Hideki(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2022
Temiel:
So, what will he do about it now??

Maybe we need to remind him that he is married or that he has 3 kids.
Will he want to jeopardise the good thing he has going just for what?
Lose what is for what might have been?

Tell your friend, OP, to wake up from his daydream and focus on reality.
As someone once said, die that thought immediately otherwise a whole lot of things will die instead.
Definitely, he knows that...but you know sometimes when you try to kill a thought, that's when you end up magnifying it
Re: What Do You Do When You Love Someone More Than Your Spouse? by Temiel(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hideki:
Definitely, he knows that...but you know sometimes when you try to kill a thought, that's when you end up magnifying it

If that's the case, he shouldn't try killing the thought, he should just not act on it.

(1) (Reply)

Eating Bread And Beans: With Or Without Spoon? / She Just Couldn't Resist The Sweetness Of His Strong D / I'll Keep On Breaking The Heart Of Any Banny I Come Across

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.