Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple (4079 Views)

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
leody:
Bro the Almighty is testing us that's just how it is .

No...

Life is about making choices.

He has placed both life and death
Light and darkness
Good and evil in front of us. We are expected to choose the one we want. But he has give us laws to guide our choices so that we will live and peace and enjoy our life to the fullest.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
sonmvayina:

No...

Life is about making choices.

He has placed both life and death
Light and darkness
Good and evil in front of us. We are expected to choose the one we want. But he has give us laws to guide our choices so that we will live and peace and enjoy our life to the fullest.
He knew devil will turn out to something else yet he created him
He knew eve will yield to temptation and yet he created her bro everything na Cruz jare God don know .
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
leody:

He knew devil will turn out to something else yet he created him
He knew eve will yield to temptation and yet he created her bro everything na Cruz jare God don know .

The devil is a Christian creation...

The story said serpent..that is snake....it is just a symbol that means "to beguile".

It is a fable..
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
Broveens42:

When I say go back to your native language, you think I'm joking grin
It is not only the fear of God that suggest you have wisdom... You can take certain life changing decisions muddled with intelligence and action according to your good book
Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not WISE.
Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a WISE man keeps himself under control.
Proverbs 29:15
To discipline a child produces WISDOM, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child.
Hahahaha. .. go back to your native language

Everything you quoted supported what i said!

You can be smart and intelligent to reach out for more bottles of wine than others, get money to pamper your children with everything they want but the end result will prove whether you're WISE or FOOLISH because the one who outsmarted others during drinking bouts will eventually get drunk and mess up everything just as those who spent everything to pamper their children will become grief when their spoit children bring them shame but those who used God's word to train their children are enjoying the fruit of their labour! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2022
sonmvayina:

Do you really have a god or your just trying to make sense of your indoctrination...
Use your brain, it is not for decoration.

GOD means SUPREME BEING so present the beings under the control of th one who is SUPREME and let's evaluate the qualities of the God you know through their conduct! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

GOD means SUPREME BEING so present the beings under the control of th one who is SUPREME and let's evaluate the qualities of the God you know through their conduct! smiley

There is only one creator
And only one power.

That is why it is called a UNIverse

I follow his laws just like he ordered so that we live in peace.

Show me where he said he will impregnate a woman to sire a son ?

You see the difference between you and me?

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
sonmvayina:

There is only one creator
And only one power.
That is why it is called a UNIverse
I follow his laws just like he ordered so that we live in peace.
Show me where he said he will impregnate a woman to sire a son ?
You see the difference between you and me?

Ọmọ that's theory for you just as your own god also has some theories that sounds stupid to me but it's after we begin applying what each theory says in a practical sense that the benefits becomes obvious.
So leave the theories because that will complicate everything now just show me the result of your theory to prove that it's worthwhile! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by jcross19: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You need to take time to understand why God created all of this to begin with and what He instead to gain from all of this. God's plan from the beginning was to build for Himself a people to serve Him and Sons and heirs to His Kingdom. He didn't want Robots... and so it had to be this way, I think. undecided
The most controversial story in the bible is that of creation story in the genesis... The story is not true and is just tale that's all.... Even Paul said the believe by faith how the earth was framed.. Can you see by faith..
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by jcross19: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You need to take time to understand why God created all of this to begin with and what He instead to gain from all of this. God's plan from the beginning was to build for Himself a people to serve Him and Sons and heirs to His Kingdom. He didn't want Robots... and so it had to be this way, I think. undecided
the story is not true...

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
jcross19:
The most controversial story in the bible is that of creation story in the genesis... The story is not true and is just tale that's all.... Even Paul said the believe by faith how the earth was framed.. Can you see by faith..
I see you are attempting here to push what is in fact your confusion unto others including Paul then. undecided

There is nothing controversial about the story of creation as it is simply as given. As for faith... in scripture that refers to the living of one's life in continuous submission to and obedience of God's very commandments/Law. undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
jcross19:
the story is not true...
It's OK if you want to believe that but must we all think as you do or something? undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Everything you quoted supported what i said!

You can be smart and intelligent to reach out for more bottles of wine than others, get money to pamper your children with everything they want but the end result will prove whether you're WISE or FOOLISH because the one who outsmarted others during drinking bouts will eventually get drunk and mess up everything just as those who spent everything to pamper their children will become grief when their spoit children bring them shame but those who used God's word to train their children are enjoying the fruit of their labour! smiley

That's why I said you should go back to your native language.. Because you insinuated in that first post that a man of wisdom is only one that believes in God, which is a fallacy...

An atheist can decide not to drink to stupor as to be in the right frame of mind and not get duped...that's wisdom.. that's what the proverb is all About....it is portraying the effects high alcohol consumption

A lot of people who discipline their children are not even from your denomination to start with... But still possess wisdom.... That part of proverbs is only showing that they do that so kids would not bring shame to the family not like the parents are saints.. grin

That is why the portion you quoted as "the fear of God is the beginning wisdom" ended at verse 12 as "he who hath wisdom hath for himself...." It is not for me grin or to influence a group

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
Broveens42:

That's why I said you should go back to your native language.. Because you insinuated in that first post that a man of wisdom is only one that believes in God, which is a fallacy...
An atheist can decide not to drink to stupor as to be in the right frame of mind and not get duped...that's wisdom.. that's what the proverb is all About....it is portraying the effects high alcohol consumption
A lot of people who discipline their children are not even from your denomination to start with... But still possess wisdom.... That part of proverbs is only showing that they do that so kids would not bring shame to the family not like the parents are saints.. grin
That is why the portion you quoted as "the fear of God is the beginning wisdom" ended at verse 12 as "he who hath wisdom hath for himself...." It is not for me grin or to influence a group

Do you know why people are killing people today and how mankind can put an end to it?

If you know a practical and logical way i will agree with you that an atheist is WISE! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Piptocoin: 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2022
funkmrflexx:

He knew it would happen before creating man. He knew that the only way to remove sin was to let His only son die. Why not just prevent it from happening at all.

why not just deny man the exercise of his free will? one can only exercise their will when there are choices to make. you decide of your free will to obey or disobey God. God is a just God. I hope you really understand what that means because if you did this thread would not exist.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Do you know why people are killing people today and how mankind can put an end to it?

If you know a practical and logical way i will agree with you that an atheist is WISE! smiley

Do you know why god ordered execution of his own image, including infants and how man can stop expressing that image ?

If you have any logical answer then I would agree an atheist is naturally unwise
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by kingxsamz(m): 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES! STORY!
Just like the story of Benjamin Franklin that yielded POSITIVE RESULT God's word yielded POSITIVE RESULT that nobody can deny! wink

Alright bro.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40am On Sep 26, 2022
Broveens42:

Do you know why god ordered execution of his own image, including infants and how man can stop expressing that image ?
If you have any logical answer then I would agree an atheist is naturally unwise

YES i know!

This life is not all about being born, grow old, get sick and die God has set everlasting life for humans in the beginning that's why we don't want to die if we're healthy and enjoying life {Ecclesiastes 3:11} but sin brought us to where we are today. So God wanted to arrange for a way out of this situation we found ourselves, a nation has to be given rules that will reflect what God has in mind until the solution which is a perfect role model for mankind is born in their midst {Genesis 49:10} that's why God singlehandedly picked two octogenarians and sent them to Egypt in order to deliver His people from slavery out of the hand of the world's most powerful nation of that time.
Despite being feeble the two octogenarians came out with millions of people and the stubborn powerful king perished in the red sea.
So that's a warning to all the nations around the Mediterranean sea any nation planning to stop this people are oppose them you and i know undoubtedly that logically, reasonably and practically such a nation is awaiting total extermination!
So can you now answer my question? smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by jcross19: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I see you are attempting here to push what is in fact your confusion unto others including Paul then. undecided

There is nothing controversial about the story of creation as it is simply as given. As for faith... in scripture that refers to the living of one's life in continuous submission to and obedience of God's very commandments/Law. undecided
then Adam and eve gave birth black race with difference blood group , so Adam and eve look like western people? And what language are theye speaking ? Belleving in such painted God a confused creator...
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES i know!

This life is not all about being born, grow old, get sick and die God has set everlasting life for humans in the beginning that's why we don't want to die if we're healthy and enjoying life {Ecclesiastes 3:11} but sin brought us to where we are today. So God wanted to arrange for a way out of this situation we found ourselves, a nation has to be given rules that will reflect what God has in mind until the solution which is a perfect role model for mankind is born in their midst {Genesis 49:10} that's why God singlehandedly picked two octogenarians and sent them to Egypt in order to deliver His people from slavery out of the hand of the world's most powerful nation of that time.
Despite being feeble the two octogenarians came out with millions of people and the stubborn powerful king perished in the red sea.
So that's a warning to all the nations around the Mediterranean sea any nation planning to stop this people are oppose them you and i know undoubtedly that logically, reasonably and practically such a nation is awaiting total extermination!
So can you now answer my question? smiley

YES I know.. this life is not all about choosing to believe part of what you have in your good book nor believing everything you were taught.

So what happened was that, it was recorded that god created man in his image and LIKENESS, so it is only natural man would act in his likeness. He executed men alike including children, required men in his likeness to conquer others, so if actually you believe god's image left man after his fall but only to be redeemed by the death again of his son and the deaths of ananias and Sapphira whose only crime were just lies... then that image of killings never left.. and would still continue since a new sect believe they can be forgiven of murder once they ask god(the image maker) for forgiveness....
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2022
Broveens42:

YES I know.. this life is not all about choosing to believe part of what you have in your good book nor believing everything you were taught.
So what happened was that, it was recorded that god created man in his image and LIKENESS, so it is only natural man would act in his likeness. He executed men alike including children, required men in his likeness to conquer others, so if actually you believe god's image left man after his fall but only to be redeemed by the death again of his son and the deaths of ananias and Sapphira whose only crime were just lies... then that image of killings never left.. and would still continue since a new sect believe they can be forgiven of murder once they ask god(the image maker) for forgiveness....

I thought you atheists always talk about "logic"
Why do you think some people are sentenced to death?
Is it not through the order from a COURT having the SUPREME authority to declare such ones unfit to live among others?
So if any sect emerges today claiming they're doing the same thing logical questions to ask are:
What is the evidence that the SUPREME BEING ordered them? Remember the God of Israel led the Israelites out of Egypt without a military force so what credential did He gave them like God gave the Israelites?
To what extent are they supposed to conquer?
The God of Israel gave them a geographical location specifically they're supposed to take and not more than that.
Moreover the God of Israel is not asking them to force any religion on people.
Those who surrendered to the Israelites were left untouched.
So think about logic this time if you want to be intelligent.
You haven't answered my own question! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you atheists always talk about "logic"
Why do you think some people are sentenced to death?
Is it not through the order from a COURT having the SUPREME authority to declare such ones unfit to live among others?
So if any sect emerges today claiming they're doing the same thing logical questions to ask are:
What is the evidence that the SUPREME BEING ordered them? Remember the God of Israel led the Israelites out of Egypt without a military force so what credential did He gave them like God gave the Israelites?
To what extent are they supposed to conquer?
The God of Israel gave them a geographical location specifically they're supposed to take and not more than that.
Moreover the God of Israel is not asking them to force any religion on people.
Those who surrendered to the Israelites were left untouched.
So think about logic this time if you want to be intelligent.
You haven't answered my own question! smiley

Hahahaha.. my response shock you abi ? grin
That's why I said you should go back to your native language..it could be a language thing..

All this while I haven't asked for evidence, now you are asking me of evidence where god executed people in your good book

Shows you've lost the argument grin
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2022
Broveens42:

Hahahaha.. my response shock you abi ? grin
That's why I said you should go back to your native language..it could be a language thing..
All this while I haven't asked for evidence, now you are asking me of evidence where god executed people in your good book
Shows you've lost the argument grin

It's logical!
The God who sent Israelites out has given all the surrounding nations an evidence that the most powerful spirit being is backing them by conquering the most powerful nation without a military force. So what evidence does those killing people today have? That's what i'm asking you if you know what logic means! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's logical!
The God who sent Israelites out has given all the surrounding nations an evidence that the most powerful spirit being is backing them by conquering the most powerful nation without a military force. So what evidence does those killing people today have? That's what i'm asking you if you know what logic means! smiley

We are still saying the same thing..
1. since you agree man kills because he's being backed by whom He doesn't know/believe in, he can still demonstrate wisdom
2. If you also agree man kills because he's being backed by whom he believes in, He can also demonstrate wisdom..

That's why I emphasis over and over to go back to your native language...

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2022
Broveens42:

We are still saying the same thing..
1. since you agree man kills because he's being backed by whom He doesn't know/believe in, he can still demonstrate wisdom
2. If you also agree man kills because he's being backed by whom he believes in, He can also demonstrate wisdom..
That's why I emphasis over and over to go back to your native language...

The court do order the execution of condemned criminals because we have all agreed with the laws the criminal go against.

The same is what the Israelites did back then by killing anyone who wants to stop the God that's Almighty from fulfilling His purpose.

If you as a father heard that there is an impending danger would you keep your family in the place where such danger is encroaching?

The whole world has heard of the most powerful God who destroyed the greatest army and their King in the sea, so logically any nation waiting to fight God's people are ready to die!

This people you're talking about now what is the proof they're having the backing of the same God nah? smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The court do order the execution of condemned criminals because we have all agreed with the laws the criminal go against.

The same is what the Israelites did back then by killing anyone who wants to stop the God that's Almighty from fulfilling His purpose.

If you as a father heard that there is an impending danger would you keep your family in the place where such danger is encroaching?

The whole world has heard of the most powerful God who destroyed the greatest army and their King in the sea, so logically any nation waiting to fight God's people are ready to die!

This people you're talking about now what is the proof they're having the backing of the same God nah? smiley

We are still saying the same thing...even people who didn't believe In god according to your good book were used by god to warn/punish/kill for his purpose...

So both those who believe in God and those who don't, can demonstrate wisdom..

Is English language too difficult to understand?
So

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
Proverbs 20:1

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; WHOEVER is led astray by them is not WISE.

Meaning a believer of God can also demonstrate foolishness..

Max I would advise you go back to your native language

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Broveens42:

We are still saying the same thing...even people who didn't believe In god according to your good book were used by god to warn/punish/kill for his purpose...
So both those who believe in God and those who don't, can demonstrate wisdom..
Is English language too difficult to understand?
So

WISDOM in this case is what will be the result of whatever action taken by the person in question.
Today after over 3,500 years that God ordered the Israelites to occupy Canaan, the role model in person of Jesus Christ told all faithful people not to fight for any geographical location anymore because worshipers of God now are to worship anywhere they gather in his name {Matthew 18:20} not necessarily in Canaan or Jerusalem! John 4:20-24
Due to this new order God's people today are the most peaceful group throughout the earth as they will not even raise weapons against their neighbours for any reason whatsoever since worship is no longer about a geographical location.
So If anyone is fighting today it makes no practical sense! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

WISDOM in this case is what will be the result of whatever action taken by the person in question.
Today after over 3,500 years that God ordered the Israelites to occupy Canaan, the role model in person of Jesus Christ told all faithful people not to fight for any geographical location anymore because worshipers of God now are to worship anywhere they gather in his name {Matthew 18:20} not necessarily in Canaan or Jerusalem! John 4:20-24
Due to this new order God's people today are the most peaceful group throughout the earth as they will not even raise weapons against their neighbours for any reason whatsoever since worship is no longer about a geographical location.
So If anyone is fighting today it makes no practical sense! smiley

You've now reduced this discussion to JW advert...
Lol
You are a wonderful human being

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ that's theory for you just as your own god also has some theories that sounds stupid to me but it's after we begin applying what each theory says in a practical sense that the benefits becomes obvious.
So leave the theories because that will complicate everything now just show me the result of your theory to prove that it's worthwhile! smiley

What is the benefit and wisdom in believing God impregnated another man's wife?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
jcross19:
then Adam and eve gave birth black race with difference blood group , so Adam and eve look like western people? And what language are theye speaking ? Belleving in such painted God a confused creator...
So your own confusion concerns race matters sef. undecided

Na wa oo! undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

A global family of peace loving worshipers! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Now what is the PRACTICAL BENEFITS of what you know? smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol.. you are even going too far.. ask him the benefits of NOT praying to god before their house evangelism...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Article "Why I Left Islam" Was Deleted Because It Is Unsafe To Say The Truth / Deaths By Religious Wars,democides And Attrocities Vs Those By The Irreligious / I Challenge Daddy Freeze And All Anti Tithers To A Public Debate On Tithing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.