Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple (4044 Views)

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol.. you are even going too far.. ask him the benefits of NOT praying to god before their house evangelism...
Praying to your god or our own God?
If you know what our God is accomplishing now you will be shocked that atheism has been deceiving you! smiley
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Broveens42(m): 4:08am On Sep 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Praying to your god or our own God?
If you know what our God is accomplishing now you will be shocked that atheism has been deceiving you! smiley

Let me make you happy after a difficult session...

Only Jw people can't demonstrate foolishness...
Lol
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:41am On Sep 27, 2022
Broveens42:

Let me make you happy after a difficult session...
Only Jw people can't demonstrate foolishness... Lol
No matter the level of a JW's IQ it's a million times higher than that of an atheist! Isaiah 55:8-9 wink

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by kimco(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. What are the criteria of being a god?
Your little self is in no position to describe what qualities of God should be.

"A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions."- Google.

Lets not forget that the God we speak of is YHWH, the supreme version of the above definition. Seems you don't know what a God is.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by kimco(m): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What do you mean when you say the Bible contradicts itself in this instance? undecided

According to scripture, God's Power encompasses all that which He created meaning that He rules over all that is created by Him hence. His Omnipotence in the context of His creation points to His sovereignty over them all, and not some other ideas of men. undecided

Other ideas of men? If he is omnipotent his power should be encompassing all the things man can imagine AND beyond. If he is restricted by our mere imagination, well....what a "God".

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
kimco:
Other ideas of men? If he is omnipotent his power should be encompassing all the things man can imagine AND beyond. If he is restricted by our mere imagination, well....what a "God".
I didn't say anything about Him being Restricted by the imaginations of men. Instead His omnipotence as explained in scripture by men is in regards to His Sovereignty over all things. Note there is a difference between what you say and what I said. undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by cornelboy(f): 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
kimco:

"A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions."- Google.
Lets not forget that the God we speak of is YHWH, the supreme version of the above definition. Seems you don't know what a God is.
I gave you a like.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2022
cornelboy:

I gave you a like.
He got a Google definition and concluded he has gotten the meaning of the title GOD instead of studying the Bible to know what God said about Himself! wink

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by cornelboy(f): 8:03am On Sep 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He got a Google definition and concluded he has gotten the meaning of the title GOD instead of studying the Bible to know what God said about Himself! wink
Lol. He hasn't stated his points gangan.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2022
What he's trying to do is read his erroneous meaning into the scriptures then condemn God's word! wink

cornelboy:

Lol. He hasn't stated his points gangan.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

A global family of peace loving worshipers! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Now what is the PRACTICAL BENEFITS of what you know? smiley

Isaiah was not referring to those following a false god/ Messiah. He was referring to those who diligently follow God's commandments...
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

A global family of peace loving worshipers! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Now what is the PRACTICAL BENEFITS of what you know? smiley

I have been liberated from mental slavery..and don't have cult leaders dictate to me what I should believe..
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
sonmvayina:

I have been liberated from mental slavery..and don't have cult leaders dictate to me what I should believe..
Exactly what all JWs are enjoying too!
We have been liberated from mental slavery and cult leaders! smiley
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Exactly what all JWs are enjoying too!
We have been liberated from mental slavery and cult leaders! smiley

Only time will judge ..
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2022
sonmvayina:

Only time will judge ..
So keep shut and continue waiting! grin

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So keep shut and continue waiting! grin

I don't see you doing that ..

Take your own advice .
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2022
sonmvayina:

I don't see you doing that ..
Take your own advice .
Naaaaaaaaaaa my own Jesus commanded me to PREACH as in TALK to people so you're the one who said time will judge i wonder why you're not allowing time to judge instead of coming to quote people! cheesy

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Wilgrea7(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2022
funkmrflexx:
Me and my wife had an argument this morning.
God is all knowing and before creating Adam and even, He know what they would do. He knew they would be Tempted and they would eat the fruit and bring Sin to the world and He also knows that His son would have to die in order to save us from the sin caused by the fruit
Why didn't He just make the fruit inaccessible to them so they don't eat it.
But instead He Allowed them to get access to the fruit, eat and bring sin to the world.

Mind you, He's all knowing and He knows all this would happen before they did. He knew Satan would tempt them and they will fall, He also knew that He would have to curse them when they eat the fruit.

Why not just prevent this by making the fruit inaccessible to them. That's the logical thing to do

Logic and theistic gods aren't exactly things that mix. That being said, if we are to take the Adam and Eve story literally, the problems run much deeper.

The idea of an omnipotent God who knows the future, is one that cannot exist alongside freewill.

If the future is known (not speculated) by a God.... It means said future is fixed. This is not a case of probability where things might turn out a certain way.

It is a case of certainty where things WILL turn out a certain way. In such a case, freewill cannot exist, as everything would play out according to the deity's knowledge of the future.

In such a situation, Adam and Eve could not have chosen to not eat the fruit.. they were already predestined to do it from the very beginning. They only had the illusion of freewill..

In such a case, the eating of the fruit was not their fault, but rather the fault of the person who set things in motion... A.K.A God.

For him to blame and then punish them for a crime they were already destined to commit, makes no sense.

It's like building a car with a 100% possibilty of blowing up, and then accusing the car for blowing up when it does

It just doesn't make sense
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaa my own Jesus commanded me to PREACH as in TALK to people so you're the one who said time will judge i wonder why you're not allowing time to judge instead of coming to quote people! cheesy

Your jesus is an idol .

Don't you get it?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2022
sonmvayina:

Your jesus is an idol .

Don't you get it?

Your PERSONAL opinion just as you're also an idol worshiper to me! cheesy
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 1:22am On Sep 29, 2022
funkmrflexx:
Me and my wife had an argument this morning.
God is all knowing and before creating Adam and even, He know what they would do. He knew they would be Tempted and they would eat the fruit and bring Sin to the world and He also knows that His son would have to die in order to save us from the sin caused by the fruit
Why didn't He just make the fruit inaccessible to them so they don't eat it.
But instead He Allowed them to get access to the fruit, eat and bring sin to the world.

Mind you, He's all knowing and He knows all this would happen before they did. He knew Satan would tempt them and they will fall, He also knew that He would have to curse them when they eat the fruit.

Why not just prevent this by making the fruit inaccessible to them. That's the logical thing to do

Have you ever heard of God's plan?God had a plan for man. If Adam had not eaten the fruit there would have been no need for Christ.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 1:30am On Sep 29, 2022
Planting the tree of the fruit of knowledge of Good and evil in the garden was one of the very best things God has done for man.
God wants us to have the knowledge of Good and evil.
Let me ask you, as parents if you know a thing is poisonous, would you leave it close to your kids?
God knew that mortality was the only way man could gain perfection and become like him.
However, he wanted it to be our choice.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 4:29am On Sep 29, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Logic and theistic gods aren't exactly things that mix. That being said, if we are to take the Adam and Eve story literally, the problems run much deeper.

The idea of an omnipotent God who knows the future, is one that cannot exist alongside freewill.

If the future is known (not speculated) by a God.... It means said future is fixed. This is not a case of probability where things might turn out a certain way.

It is a case of certainty where things WILL turn out a certain way. In such a case, freewill cannot exist, as everything would play out according to the deity's knowledge of the future.

In such a situation, Adam and Eve could not have chosen to not eat the fruit.. they were already predestined to do it from the very beginning. They only had the illusion of freewill..

In such a case, the eating of the fruit was not their fault, but rather the fault of the person who set things in motion... A.K.A God.

For him to blame and then punish them for a crime they were already destined to commit, makes no sense.

It's like building a car with a 100% possibilty of blowing up, and then accusing the car for blowing up when it does

It just doesn't make sense

Exactly
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 4:30am On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Have you ever heard of God's plan?God had a plan for man. If Adam had not eaten the fruit there would have been no need for Christ.

Why not just prevent it instead of allowing His son to come and die
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 9:53am On Sep 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Your PERSONAL opinion just as you're also an idol worshiper to me! cheesy

I don't worship anything

I just obey divine commandments and laws set out by the creator of heaven and earth.

And you don't...
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2022
sonmvayina:

I don't worship anything
I just obey divine commandments and laws set out by the creator of heaven and earth.
And you don't...

Ọ̀DẸ̀ if you're not worshiping anything then in what way are you related to the Jewish God? cheesy
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2022
funkmrflexx:

Why not just prevent it instead of allowing His son to come and die
Why should he do that? Unlike man, God is not scared of death. He knows death is only a transition nothing more. Death is a very important part of God's plan.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọ̀DẸ̀ if you're not worshiping anything then in what way are you related to the Jewish God? cheesy

No way...

I have always told you that I am Igbo and I follow the Igbo traditional spirituality called omenani/odinani..the only reason I quote the new testament is because it is identical to our belief just the nomenclature that is different..
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:
Planting the tree of the fruit of knowledge of Good and evil in the garden was one of the very best things God has done for man.
God wants us to have the knowledge of Good and evil.
Let me ask you, as parents if you know a thing is poisonous, would you leave it close to your kids?
God knew that mortality was the only way man could gain perfection and become like him.
However, he wanted it to be our choice.
If God wanted it to be our choice, why were curses placed on Adam and Eve for choosing correctly?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

So God wanted Adam and Eve to commit the original sin so that in the future he would come down to die to take away the curse of the original sin and after that wake up three days later straight back to heaven?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 11:08am On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

If God wanted it to be our choice, why were curses placed on Adam and Eve for choosing correctly?
What are the curses?
The man was given more responsibility. Work is a blessing, not a curse. Look at what the human race has accomplished because we were kicked out of our comfort zone and made to work. We have transformed the work and created civilizations. We have improved our intellect. Let me ask you if you are a billionaire, would you want your kids to work or would you want them to remain in a garden with everything they need and without the need to work and grow?

For the woman the Lord said,
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
It may seem like a curse but it is not.
He gave the woman the responsibility over the children. He also made her be submissive to her husband. I don't see the curse in this.
Yes, God allowed them to face sorrow in the real world but it's only wonderful for their growth and experience.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

So God wanted Adam and Eve to commit the original sin so that in the future he would come down to die to take away the curse of the original sin and after that wake up three days later straight back to heaven?

No, he wanted man to have the knowledge of good and evil and to overcome evil through his son.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shiloh 2009 Is Here Again, (8-12 December) You Are Invited! / Some Black People + Religion+ Illiteracy+poverty+ Superstitions = / Karl Marx - Atheist Or Satanist? The Truth Behind The Curtain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.