Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple (4047 Views)

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by KnownUnknown: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2022
sonmvayina:

No way...

I have always told you that I am Igbo and I follow the Igbo traditional spirituality called omenani/odinani..the only reason I quote the new testament is because it is identical to our belief just the nomenclature that is different..

Bullshit. You worship Jew nonsense like the Christians worship their christ. Here you are copying and pasting random jew nonsense about HaShit or is it HaShem.

sonmvayina:

This is the lesson of Tzom Gedalia (today’s fast day), and this is also the powerful theme of the Aseres Yimei Teshuva: The Ten Days of Repentance/Return- where we return to our true selves, our true purpose, and our true Root: Hashem.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

What are the curses?
The man was given more responsibility. Work is a blessing, not a curse.
. It was God who never wanted them to work in the first place by placing them in a garden where he was spoon feeding them with different fruits everyday and would have continued for eternity if not for Eve that was bold and courageous enough to eat the forbidden fruit .So the blessings of work was theirs to fight for and not God's. God never wanted it.

Look at what the human race has accomplished because we were kicked out of our comfort zone and made to work. We have transformed the work and created civilizations.
Yes the human race as achieved a lot, but it was thanks to the snake and Eve. God never wanted it. He wanted our eyes closed in the garden for ever
Let me ask you if you are a billionaire, would you want your kids to work or would you want them to remain in a garden with everything they need and without the need to work and grow?
Let me also ask you ,how many billionaire fathers would keep their children at home at a time they should be in schoo?. God kept or wanted to keep Adam and Eve at home, in the garden, for eternity untill they got help from the snake. And the outcome was what led God to grudgingly forced them away to" school" and with some curses and swearing to go along with it.

For the woman the Lord said,
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
This is putting it euphemistically. God actually placed curses to increase the pain of women during child birth. Just look at that . Then after 9 months of stressfully carrying a baby in the womb ,the woman has to experience one of the two most painful thing in the world; childbirth, (the other is burning by fire) And do you how many women have died from that painful experience since the beginning of the world? And why? Eve eat the fruit which was even a good thing.

It may seem like a curse but it is not.
This is double speak. It is a curse or punishment that's is not deserving at all

He gave the woman the responsibility over the children. He also made her be submissive to her husband. I don't see the curse in this.
Yes,
Submissive here is to hide the fact that God made Eve inferior or less than the Adam after disobeying him. Before the punishment, both of them were equals, nothing like the woman being submissive or less than the Adam.
God allowed them to face sorrow in the real world but it's only wonderful for their growth and experience.
. No. God never wanted it. It was the snake who actually wanted it for them and did everything to convince Eve to eat the fruit that led to their awakening. It is obvious you're trying to rationalise the behaviour of God in the garden by bringing in interpretations that are not part of church doctrine. It would only lead to confusion. This is the truth. The story is an allegory. There's no real God, Adam and Eve or Satan in it. Those characters are symbolic .
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

No, he wanted man to have the knowledge of good and evil and to overcome evil through his son.

Can you quote a Bible verse in support of the above?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

Can you quote a Bible verse in support of the above?
I state 2 things here. 1. Knowledge and 2. Overcoming through Christ.
So I can show you 10s of verses where the importance of obtaining knowledge and I can quote many more that speak about overcoming sin through Jesus Christ.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:
I state 2 things here. 1. Knowledge and 2. Overcoming through Christ.
So I can show you 10s of verses where the importance of obtaining knowledge and I can quote many more that speak about overcoming sin through Jesus Christ.

This is not it. You said God wanted them to eat the forbidden fruit in the garden. Quote a verse were it is said God wanted this. If you're quoting any other thing about knowledge from the Bible, then it means God was using deception,a lie, to make Adam and Eve the fruit. He told them they would die the very day they eat the fruit, but this turned out not to be true as they continue to live

Modified. Why do we need Christ to overcome the original sin, if it was for our good
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:
. It was God who never wanted them to work in the first place by placing them in a garden where he was spoon feeding them with different fruits everyday and would have continued for eternity if not for Eve that was bold and courageous enough to eat the forbidden fruit .So the blessings of work was theirs to fight for and not God's. God never wanted it. Yes the human race as achieved a lot, but it was thanks to the snake and Eve. God never wanted it. He wanted our eyes closed in the garden for ever Let me also ask you ,how many billionaire fathers would keep their children at home at a time they should be in schoo?. God kept or wanted to keep Adam and Eve at home, in the garden, for eternity untill they got help from the snake. And the outcome was what led God to grudgingly forced them away to" school" and with some curses and swearing to go along with it.
This is putting it euphemistically. God actually placed curses to increase the pain of women during child birth. Just look at that . Then after 9 months of stressfully carrying a baby in the womb ,the woman has to experience one of the two most painful thing in the world; childbirth, (the other is burning by fire) And do you how many women have died from that painful experience since the beginning of the world? And why? Eve eat the fruit which was even a good thing. This is double speak. It is a curse or punishment that's is not deserving at all Submissive here is to hide the fact that God made Eve inferior or less than the Adam after disobeying him. Before the punishment, both of them were equals, nothing like the woman being submissive or less than the Adam.. No. God never wanted it. It was the snake who actually wanted it for them and did everything to convince Eve to eat the fruit that led to their awakening. It is obvious you're trying to rationalise the behaviour of God in the garden by bringing in interpretations that are not part of church doctrine. It would only lead to confusion. This is the truth. The story is an allegory. There's no real God, Adam and Eve or Satan in it. Those characters are symbolic .

Good wanted them to work. remember Jesus said, my father works, even so, I work. Work is an internal principle. But God wanted them to make the choice.
As for pain, it's part of the package that comes with earth life. You may choose to see it as a curse but then even Jesus Christ learned and grew from his suffering. Hebrew 5.8.
Also, I never knew that your position is that there is no God. If I knew, there wouldn't have been a need for this discussion.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

This is not it. You said God wanted them to eat the forbidden fruit in the garden. Quote a verse were it is said God wanted this. If you're quoting any other thing about knowledge from the Bible, then it means God was using deception,a lie, to make Adam and Eve the fruit. He told them they would die the very day they eat the fruit, but this turned out not to be true as they continue to live

That's not how to study the bible. It's not a question and answer booklet but from reading, you come to understand much. So the very first blessing that came to Adam and Eve from eating the fruit is that they became more like God.
And the Lord God said, "Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad,
The plan of God is that we become like him.
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your. Father which is in heaven is perfect.
God has all Knowledge and when we become like him, we would have all knowledge.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Good wanted them to work. remember Jesus said, my father works, even so, I work. Work is an internal principle. But God wanted them to make the choice.
As for pain, it's part of the package that comes with earth life. You may choose to see it as a curse but then even Jesus Christ learned and grew from his suffering. Hebrew 5.8.
Also, I never knew that your position is that there is no God. If I knew, there wouldn't have been a need for this discussion.

I am sure you never really read my response. You just glossed over it and then responded. I don't enjoy engaging people who do this.

Where did I mentioned my position about God. I said the story is an allegory. Meaning that the characters are symbolic. The story of Adam and Eve was plagiarized from Judaism where it is rightly treated for what it is; an allegory. It is only Islam and Christianity that has given it literal interpretation ,hence the confusion we have in the world today
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by sonmvayina(m): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Bullshit. You worship Jew nonsense like the Christians worship their christ. Here you are copying and pasting random jew nonsense about HaShit or is it HaShem.

You have a mental problem

Please see a psychiatrist.

I will pay for it..

No insult intended..
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

That's not how to study the bible. It's not a question and answer booklet but from reading, you come to understand much. So the very first blessing that came to Adam and Eve from eating the fruit is that they became more like God.
And the Lord God said, "Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad,
The plan of God is that we become like him.
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your. Father which is in heaven is perfect.
God has all Knowledge and when we become like him, we would have all knowledge.

Interesting this. So you're the only one who can read and understand the Bible. When others read, they can only understand it if you interpret for them.

If God really wanted them to be like him ,then why chased them out of the garden so they don't eat what would really make them have immortality ? You skipped that
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by KnownUnknown: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
sonmvayina:

You have a mental problem

Please see a psychiatrist.

I will pay for it..

No insult intended..

Projection.
Regardless, post more Omenani less hashem.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

Interesting this. So you're the only one who can read and understand the Bible. When others read, they can only understand it if you interpret for them.

If God really wanted them to be like him ,then why chased them out of the garden so they don't eat what would really make them have immortality ? You skipped that
You said you don't believe in God and yet you expect to understand his words. Is that even possible?
He chased them out so they can learn to overcome evil and become like him and he gave them immortality through Jesus Christ. All men would resurrect and never did again
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

I am sure you never really read my response. You just glossed over it and then responded. I don't enjoy engaging people who do this.

Where did I mentioned my position about God. I said the story is an allegory. Meaning that the characters are symbolic. The story of Adam and Eve was plagiarized from Judaism where it is rightly treated for what it is; an allegory. It is only Islam and Christianity that has given it literal interpretation ,hence the confusion we have in the world today
So you see. You have developed your own opinion over God's words but you question other people. The Bible never said the story was an allegory.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by KnownUnknown: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

So you see. You have developed your own opinion over God's words but you question other people. The Bible never said the story was an allegory.

@Triplechoice
Is tctrills a “fundamentalist” or a “moderate”?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

And your opinion that God wanted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit is what?

If you insist God wanted them to eat it, then it means God and Satan are working together because without the later they wouldn't have thought of it.

And when you teach kids Sunday school ,you tell them God warned Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit, but however he never really meant they don't eat it.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
KnownUnknown:

@Triplechoice
Haba, which one is this? I believe we are on the platform to share ideas so where does the fundamentalist” or a “moderate come from?
Forget who I am and make your own contributions
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

And your opinion that God wanted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit is what?

If you insist God wanted them to eat it, then it means God and Satan are working together because without the later they wouldn't have thought of it.

And when you teach kids Sunday school ,you tell them God warned Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit, but however he never really meant it.
It does not mean God and satan were working together. God wanted Jesus Christ to be crucified, would you say he was working with Judahs?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
KnownUnknown:

@Triplechoice

I don't know enough of him to judge However religious fundamentalist are known to interpret religious text literally. Moderates are sometimes unwilling to publicly give a literal interpretation in order not to draw the ire of those who do.
So ,it is difficult to answer your question.
The sure way of identifying a fundamentalist is through the way they treat others around them who don't share exactly the same interpretation of scripture. They don't even tolerate fellow believers they consider not following scripture strictly not to talk of outsiders.

Muslims kill other Muslims because of this. Christians shun other Christian groups because of the same thing yet, they all use the same Bible or Koran.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by KnownUnknown: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Haba, which one is this? I believe we are on the platform to share ideas so where does the fundamentalist” or a “moderate come from?
Forget who I am and make your own contributions

Sorry, it’s a continuation of conversation between me and triplechoice about what makes a moderate and a fundamentalist. He mentioned that Christian moderates view the Adam and Eve story as an allegory.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

It does not mean God and satan were working together. God wanted Jesus Christ to be crucified, would you say he was working with Judahs?

Sacrificed for what? Did the same Bible not say God doesn't delight in human sacrifice?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
triplechoice:

Sacrificed for what? Did the same Bible not say God doesn't delight in human sacrifice?
Did the bible not say that God gave his son and we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Did the bible not say that God gave his son and we are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ?
This is what makes you an atheist!
As long as you can't present any group of people with whom you agree completely on the issue of faith then you're just a disguised atheist! wink

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by triplechoice(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Then how do you solve the confusion of God not also delighting in human sacrifice. Are there two Gods in the Bible? Old testament God and new testament God? It would seem so from the look of things
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by BLESANI101(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Imagine Devil Taunting God and thinking he will just go free like that, he has lost his place in heaven and now Earth has rejected him and very soon, he will be nowhere to be found..God's Kingdom will rule this Earth from heaven
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what makes you an atheist!
As long as you can't present any group of people with whom you agree completely on the issue of faith then you're just a disguised atheist! wink
You should use your dictionary more sir. You clearly don't know the meaning of simply words.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

You should use your dictionary more sir. You clearly don't know the meaning of simply words.
Dictionary will only tell you atheism mean lack of believe in GOD but then what is GOD?
Well GOD is the universal title used for the SUPREME BEING, you and i are human being so the only way to prove we believe in the existence of one who is supreme is agreement on the same line of thought as established by the one who is supreme. John 17:22
So if both of us disagree but you presented a group of people that you agreed with on right and wrong then you surely believe in the supreme being on whose principle you agreed with the group.
I also need to do the same afterwards we now compare the positive results (fruit) of your group with mine! Matthew 7:16-18

But once you don't believe in group then it means you have no one to agree with on standards which makes you your own god: atheist! smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Dictionary will only tell you atheism mean lack of believe in GOD but then what is GOD?
Well GOD is the universal title used for the SUPREME BEING, you and i are human being so the only way to prove we believe in the existence of one who is supreme is agreement on the same line of thought as established by the one who is supreme. John 17:22
So if both of us disagree but you presented a group of people that you agreed with on right and wrong then you surely believe in the supreme being on whose principle you agreed with the group.
I also need to do the same afterwards we now compare the positive results (fruit) of your group with mine! Matthew 7:16-18

But once you don't believe in group then it means you have no one to agree with on standards which makes you your own god: atheist! smiley
Ok, call me names if that makes you happy. Let's not let that come in the way of discussion.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Ok, call me names if that makes you happy. Let's not let that come in the way of discussion.
I'm only telling you what you really are, there are people out there claiming atheists which means it's not an insult but a befitting name for people who don't share the same believe with anyone! wink

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I'm only telling you what you really are, there are people out there claiming atheists which means it's not an insult but a befitting name for people who don't share the same believe with anyone! wink
Let's not make it an issue. Call me whatever you guys call people like me
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:

Let's not make it an issue. Call me whatever you guys call people like me
An atheist! smiley
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by tctrills: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

An atheist! smiley
No p
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
tctrills:
No p
Well you are from my point of view! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

For Those Of You Who Have Doubts About Christianity, Read This! / Meta-ethics: The Nature And Origins Of Good And Evil / Traditional Marriage And Church Wedding Which Is The Most Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.