Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' (6937 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is 59 Years Old Today / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by aribisala0(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2011
Nashville:

I am surprised when I hear haters bashing this woman. She is one of the best brains this country has got. [/b]Would you rather a career politician who has nothing
to offer occupying the post. Even GEJ is trying to include more technocrats in his government as not just the usual politicians who have nothing to offer.

She cannot fix the economy on her own, it is impossible. However, if we had distinguished professionals/technocrats in all the other sectors the country will be much better than it is today. She is doing very well where she is and Nigeria needs her more than she needs Nigeria unlike most of the other ministers.

She cannot solve all of Nigeria's problems, but we need more people like her!

[b]She is one of the best brains this country has got.

is this a fact?
how do we know this?
personally i do not know how we can test this assertion . like the claim that there is a heaven ,any dissidents are attacked mercilessly . but facts don't lie as minister of finance
she received more revenue than any other in our history and it is not clear what she achieved . oh she paid billions of dollars to her foreign  masters for a dubious debt when they would have been happy to get half .now all those countries that got the money are in trouble and would be begging for a quarter . she should have insisted on debt verification and all the other well known delay/ frustration tactics.

the federal government owes nigerians trillions of naira .what did she do about settling our own people /businesses?

i laff in paris club grin grin grin

leaving that to one side. she failed to diversify the economy or do anything to reduce the suffering of ordinary nigerians .
anyway i don't want to slate her too much because it is a mistake to credit the finance minister for economic success /failure. that belongs to the president who is responsible for a range of policies outside the scope of the finance ministry and also for coordination with state governments .
there really is little a finance minister can do about a wasteful and corrupt national assembly,governors etc
you need a president who understands the issues and is prepared to tackle them .you will know that is happening when customs officials stop extorting you at the airport for trying to "smuggle garri and ogbono" when you get your passport without bribes when soldiers stop beating police in the streets.in short once the president starts working you will know even before the economy improves or you have 24 hour electricity .you will just know
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ Aribisala,

There is no way to test who is the most intelligent person in Nigeria, however, I stand by the statement that "she is one of the best brians in Nigeria". Do you think it is easy to achieve what she has without brains. She is a World Bank MD and once considered for UN Under-Secretary. You don't get to such places without brains. Name other Nigerians that have achieved such, especially in the area of Finance.

She negotiated the debt relief - something no one could do for 30 years and then you come here and talk rubbish about how she should have done it.

She is not president and so cannot fix all the problems in Nigeria, but we sure need more people like here. If the President/VP/National Assembly leadership had half her brains (and I say only half) and exposure, Nigeria will be transformed.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by kildran: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2011
Before shouting that Iweala is back, my simple question is what did she do seven years ago? What were her achievements when she was the finance minister? Bickering with the central bank? Don't let us get carried away with worthless speech.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by islamrules(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
I wholly disagree! Nigeria is definitely fixable, only we seem to recycle ideas and people, without necessarily making much effort in ensuring their complete implemention.

Nigeria can not be fixed except with Guns/war. These pot belle mallams and politicians arent going anywhere. And when they are going, they make sure they make replacement with their children.

Hisssssssssssssssh
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
Nashville:

@ Aribisala,

There is no way to test who is the most intelligent person in Nigeria, however, I stand by the statement that "she is one of the best brians in Nigeria". Do you think it is easy to achieve what she has without brains. She is a World Bank MD and once considered for UN Under-Secretary. You don't get to such places without brains. Name other Nigerians that have achieved such, especially in the area of Finance.

She negotiated the debt relief - something no one could do for 30 years and then you come here and talk rubbish about how she should have done it. 

She is not president and so cannot fix all the problems in Nigeria, but we sure need more people like here. If the President/VP/National Assembly leadership had half her brains (and I say only half) and exposure, Nigeria will be transformed.

she negotiated nothing!

30 years before her there was NO DEBT. Fyi they paid millions to a consultancy firm to negotiate debts that were largely unverifiable .restrict your infantile musings to your beer parlour comrades

good so since there is no way of testing your absurd claim why make it. for your info my father has the biggest PEN15 in subsaharan africa.
the world bank is not a unjversity and rising to the top of international organizations is as much a test of many personal qualities of which braininess is just one.if you come from a hostile country  to US Interests you will not get it .

your logic is juvenile ;if you achieve high office you must be not only brainy but one of the brainiest in your land
e.g kofi annan,ban ki moon etc.
there have been previous occupants of that position and i do not see them as any more brainy than chief executives of private sector organizations  e.g goldmann sachs etc some were good some bad.
certainly she has done well like dangote,kanu nwankwo and pete edochie .they all worked hard [/b]and were [b]in the right places at the right time.this does not make them outstanding in braininess .
at any rate the world bank is not where you find the most distinguished or highest paid economists .the smartest economists are noted for scholarship . i am not aware of any books etc that she published so where does  that claim come from?
as far as debt relief goes ,please don't talk like an illiterate
1. did nigeria ever have $12 billion in one place before her time?
2. the foreign powers saw a swelling reserve and started drooling.
3 if we did not pay in one day we would have been within our rights to insist on debt servicing and verification .
4. no one pays $12 billion in one day. if we did not pay then they would acccept 4 today
5.WHAT ABOUT LOCAL CREDITORS WHY NOT PAY THEM TOO?
believe me there are dozens of brainier people in our government many corrupt and selfish.
our problem is not a shortage of brains and doesn't require compex solutions
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2011
aribisala0:

she negotiated nothing!

30 years before her there was NO DEBT. Fyi they paid millions to a consultancy firm to negotiate debts that were largely unverifiable .restrict your infantile musings to your beer parlour comrades

good so since there is no way of testing your absurd claim why make it. for your info my father has the biggest PEN15 in subsaharan africa.[/b]the world bank is not a unjversity and rising to the top of international organizations is as much a test of many personal qualities of which braininess is just one.if you come from a hostile country to US Interests you will not get it .
[b]
your logic is juvenile ;if you achieve high office you must be not only brainy but one of the brainiest in your land
e.g kofi annan,ban ki moon etc.
there have been previous occupants of that position and i do not see them as any more brainy than chief executives of private sector organizations e.g goldmann sachs etc some were good some bad.
certainly she has done well like dangote,kanu nwankwo and pete edochie .they all worked hard [/b]and were [b]in the right places at the right time.this does not make them outstanding in braininess .
at any rate the world bank is not where you find the most distinguished or highest paid economists .the smartest economists are noted for scholarship . i am not aware of any books etc that she published so where does that claim come from?
as far as debt relief goes ,please don't talk like an illiterate
1. did nigeria ever have $12 billion in one place before her time?
2. the foreign powers saw a swelling reserve and started drooling.
3 if we did not pay in one day we would have been within our rights to insist on debt servicing and verification .
4. no one pays $12 billion in one day. if we did not pay then they would acccept 4 today
5.WHAT ABOUT LOCAL CREDITORS WHY NOT PAY THEM TOO?
believe me there are dozens of brainier people in our government many corrupt and selfish.
our problem is not a shortage of brains and doesn't require compex solutions

Aribisala,

I completely agree that your father has the biggest penis in sub-saharan Africa, its just the the product of that penis is garbage. Infact, it should have been cut off long ago so that imberciles like you would not have been born. I wonder how your siblings will be - a bunch of idiotic morons.
I bet you have no achievement to show in your like that's why you rubbish the achievement of people that are highly acclaimed in the professions.

Did Iweala incur the debt. Thirty years ago, was she the one that agreed a debt that would enslave generations yet unborn? These were agreed by greedy and brainless military regimes and no need to do any verification. All Nigerians know we were in debt and she did a wonderful job of negotiating 20 cents for every dollar of debt and you come here and talk rubbish.

Incase you do not know, she obtained her Bachelor's degree from Harvard and her Phd from MIT. Not even the US Treasury Secretary or Chancellor of the Exchequer can beat that. Do you want to compare that to your ESUT degree? You should be fed to the dogs and that long thing your father has should have been cut off years ago! Fool!
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2011
Nashville:

Incase you do not know, she obtained her Bachelor's degree from Harvard and her Phd from MIT. Not even the US Treasury Secretary or Chancellor of the Exchequer can beat that. Do you want to compare that to your ESUT degree? You should be fed to the dogs and that long thing your father has should have been cut off years ago! Fool!

What does it matter where she obtained her degree and what not?  Why is it hard for you to OBJECTIVELY consider the situation still? She has ALREADY held this position before, and made the same promises even then. You ought to be more concerned with knowing what she really achieved back then, how many of these promises were achieved -- why or why not --- can she achieve anything better this time around. Stop looking at her UNDERWEAR(her PERSONAL achievements, and career victories) and focus on that which should really concern you ,what she really achieved for you , your parents, children, people, Nigeria as a whole!!
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by aribisala0(m): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2011
Nashville:

Aribisala,

I completely agree that your father has the biggest joystick in sub-saharan Africa, its just the the product of that joystick is garbage. Infact, it should have been cut off long ago so that imberciles like you would not have been born. I wonder how your siblings will be - a bunch of idiotic morons.
I bet you have no achievement to show in your like that's why you rubbish the achievement of people that are highly acclaimed in the professions.

Did Iweala incur the debt. Thirty years ago, was she the one that agreed a debt that would enslave generations yet unborn? These were agreed by greedy and brainless military regimes and no need to do any verification. All Nigerians know we were in debt and[b] she did a wonderful job of negotiating 20 cents for every dollar of debt [/b] and you come here and talk rubbish.

all this for iweala?
well your mentality is that harvard degree holders are brainier than ESUT degree holders .i don't agree.
me too i can cuss  grin

regarding your kind words and thoughts back to sender.
cancer,road traffic accident and suicide to ya mama papa broda sista and you will bury your children with your hands.
a pox and pestilence on your house!

back to iweala;your God! she has nothing to offer.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Kobojunkie link=topic=734945.msg8928925#msg8928925 date=1313426846]
What does it matter where she obtained her degree and what not? Why is it hard for you to OBJECTIVELY consider the situation still? She has ALREADY held this position before, and made the same promises even then. You ought to be more concerned with what she really achieved back then, even with the same set of promises --- and if She can achieve anything even better this time around. Stop looking at her UNDERWEAR and focus on that which should really concern you, NIGERIA!!

I only spoke about her education when some clown was questionning her brains. Nigeria is a tough place to work and to achieve anything especially in public service. The hawks in Abuja are bent on destroying country and one person alone cannot make the difference - even if he/she is president. Ngozi negotiatied the debt relief and that is a big achievement. You cannot estimate how much interest we will still be paying till now.

She has learnt her lesson on working in Nigeria, that is why she is negotitiating for more control. She understands that the hawks in Abuja wouldnt let her work so she needs as much control to deliver on the promises. And for all you care, she is not killing herself for the job like all your other corrupt ministers who are only going there to steal. She has done very well for herself and she is very comfortable. She is only trying to contribute her quota to Nigeria's development.

Why are you all bashing Ngozi where there are at many other ministers, who dont have a clue what they plan to do to better Nigeria's lot. You all dont see anything wrong with Jonathan appointing the same corrupt politicians to steal a second, third and fourth time. You are all attacking the one person that really has an agenda for improvement. No wonder Nigeria is still this poor. We celebrate corruption/ignorance and reject development/knowledge.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2011
aribisala0:

all this for iweala?
well your mentality is that harvard degree holders are brainier than ESUT degree holders .i don't agree.
me too i can cuss grin

regarding your kind words and thoughts back to sender.
cancer,road traffic accident and suicide to ya mama papa broda sista and you will bury your children with your hands.
a pox and pestilence on your house!

back to iweala;your God! she has nothing to offer.

You belong tp the jungle. I dont need to curse you cos you are already cursed. And you will be a curse to all that know you. People will curse the day you came into this world. Life will curse you and acursed shall all yours be. You shall be ostracised like a leper and in pain shall you be all your life. You will call out for death and it will not deliver you. No more words for you.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
Nashville:

I only spoke about her education when some clown was questionning her brains. Nigeria is a tough place to work and to achieve anything especially in public service. The hawks in Abuja are bent on destroying country and one person alone cannot make the difference - even if he/she is president. Ngozi negotiatied the debt relief and that is a big achievement. You cannot estimate how much interest we will still be paying till now.

She has learnt her lesson on working in Nigeria, that is why she is negotitiating for more control. She understands that the hawks in Abuja wouldnt let her work so she needs as much control to deliver on the promises. And for all you care, she is not killing herself for the job like all your other corrupt ministers who are only going there to steal. She has done very well for herself and she is very comfortable. She is only trying to contribute her quota to Nigeria's development.

Why are you all bashing Ngozi where there are at many other ministers, who dont have a clue what they plan to do to better Nigeria's lot. You all dont see anything wrong with Jonathan appointing the same corrupt politicians to steal a second, third and fourth time. You are all attacking the one person that really has an agenda for improvement. No wonder Nigeria is still this poor. We celebrate corruption/ignorance and reject development/knowledge.

Your ASSUMPTIONS on her brain state should have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this subject.

As per her one achievement you named there . . . That is noted BUT the She made promises to FIX Nigeria's economy even back then. Did she fail or pass on those promises? If you say Yes, then you should ask why the pass did not last. If your answer NO, then I would think you should ask next, why she feels she can make the same promises and deliver this time around.

On Bashing, She is a politician -- open to criticism like everyother politician. No one has insulted her mother or her father, or her face etc. All many on here have done so far is critic her on her ability to deliver on promises SHE(not anyone else) has MADE of her own.

If you cannot stand others having a view on issues, I suggest you probably stay away from politics.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' by aribisala0(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
Nashville:

You belong tp the jungle. I dont need to curse you cos you are already cursed. And you will be a curse to all that know you. People will curse the day you came into this world. Life will curse you and acursed shall all yours be.  You shall be ostracised like a leper and in pain shall you be all your life. You will call out for death and it will not deliver you.  No more words for you.
back to sender and your father mother.hopefully trailer go jam ya mama before month end.did you really think you will start abuse and have peace.
plant a seed harvest a bush.

prolonged painful pitiable disease and death to your father!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protesters At AIT Studios In Alagbado, Lagos / Insecurity: Northern Governors Call Emergency Meeting / Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.