Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (28764 Views)

Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions / Obi Plans To Stage-manage Fake Assassination Attempt – Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Emeks008:
This is what former cbn deputy gov said about peter obi economics plan.

If you read in between the line of what Reno tweeted above, he deliberately highlighted some two section of Nigeria which is North and south west. He made mentioned of Dangote tomato paste factory in Kano, Textile company in kaduna/Kano and some factories in Ogun and Lagos. He made it looks like peter obi policy will adversily affect Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas companies.

This guy is trying all his best to makes other tribes to hate Peter obi.

We are wiser now. His plan won't work.
just attack the matter, stop looking for Reno fault.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
Heffalump:

Obi is not crazy. There's positive economic analysis about the idea of removing import restrictions. With the restrictions in place, what's the state of the economy now? Compare the situations before and after the restrictions.
There are several ways of growing the economy, not by one-sided restriction.
I know he'll come out and explain this position better someday. Be patient.

How far back can you look? Nigerian economy is the largest in Africa, though I agree many Nigerians are not feeling it yet but it has not always been like that.
The idea of looking inwards and actually making it happen started with Babangida's SAP, it was painful but think about the trajectory of the country since then.
Slow but steady progress is being made in terms of local production of goods. If Obi should reverse this, it is back to square one for manufacturers in Nigeria. The first people to be wiped out are small scale manufacturers like those in Obi's Anambra and the South east. Big ones like Innoson will soon follow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
Sophistry, wow. Reno is desperate.

Peter Obi's plan will flood the market with dollar as people resume sending dollar through banks.

Eventually there will be excess dollars in the system and the price of dollars will start falling as buyers and sellers regulate the price.

This will also increase government revenue. Nigeria currently converts dollar at 450+ but it will shoot to 730+ per dollar for the initial float period until fx market stabilises.
what is your currency? If that is good why the US is not spending naira
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by jazon(m): 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
GavelSlam:

YOU ARE A LIAR.

WHEN SOMEONE ASKS YOU WHAT YOUR FAKE BROTHER PRODUCES, YOU WOULD RUN AWAY.

I advertise his products on paid nairaland adverts bro.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by WESTisaParasite: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
President Putin Delivers Landmark Speech On Ukraine. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/7371564/president-putin-delivers-landmark-speech
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by zuto4u(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2022

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
AK481:
olodo reno.

restriction of FX should be removed.
the diaspora should send all its fx to nigeria for production so that it will help to create a suplur of dollar and give the naira more value.

this is technical ,so you don't expect agbado people to understand
where did you drop the removing of import restrictions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by sulaak(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

From 2007 - 2015 import restriction was removed

Foreign rice. 50kg N9,000
Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

From 2015 till date import is restricted
Foreign rice. 50kg N35,000
Local rice. 50kg. N30,000

Obi is right

OBi is wrong.

Why is local rice expensive, insecurity and poor infrastructure?
Why is the Nigeria Naira falling because the demand for imported goods and services is more than the dollars in circulation?
Productive countries must first have food and energy security.

Peter Obi will be an economic disaster if he said that the country will remove import restrictions. He will be slaughter in the debate.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by eagleae7(m): 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
If local manufacturers can't compete with importers even after their transportation and shipping expenses, then the manufacturers don't know what they're doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by GeneralPula: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
As for those saying USA doesn’t restrict imports, they’re wrong..

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Anthony0094(m): 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
Millionjeff:

Please can u offer an alternative analysis. As an undecided voter,I needed more facts to vote your candidate. please your analysis should be issue based.
For your information I got no candidates because Nigeria problem is systemic rather individual.

compare the rate if inflation when there is no import restrictions, and now, it's visible to the blind, you can't cut off the water supply your neighbor gave you at a cheaper price when you don't have ur own borehole, and be paying x3 of what u pay ur neighbor to source get it from elsewhere, bc you feel you can do it

it the money you saved it's going to suffer it

when I said Reno is useless I know what am saying , he should market his candidate, let me do mine, he can't a fight and run from it, action and reaction is equal and opposite (Newton's third law)

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by bdon123(m): 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
when he sai remove import restrictions...it doesnt mean for all products.
mind u,price of rice is 39k for foreign n 35 for local....u can see even d local is as xpensive as foreign while it rarely matches up wit neatness n quality.Right now our borders are porous,so its completely useless to restrict tins that will still come in
first come up wit an xtensive plan to secure borders n kill smuggling.Get foreign consultants to help wit this n u will see d magic to frustrate smugglers.Also,empower genuine Local producers,i mean really empower not d current side stealing empowerment.

so yes OBI is right....i am Obidient

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
odoemenacelevian:
Reno didn't read economics unlike Peter Obi who has a PHD in economics..

Reno should follow those runs girls he have lashing
hahahaha! Peter obi have PhD in economics? You must be foolishly speaking.
Did Peter Obi even have masters?

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by jamace(m): 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peter Obi has a great economic policy, good for Nigeria economic growth.

Read more here: https://www.nairaland.com/7371458/peter-obi-good-economic-plans

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by larrieB(m): 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peter Obi that wants to move our economy from Consumption to Production has said he will remove importation restrictions. Is there not a contradiction in all these statements? I agree with those that said Peter Obi is dull.

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by bdon123(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2022
GeneralPula:
most tins in US n uk come frm china...dont decieve urself.They also choose where to restrict.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2022
GeneralPula:

Mention one product to justify your $5/$100 analysis?

Ask yourself why is the dirt in the country so huge since this current administration came in. It is borrowing to produce. When Nigeria was importing rice every year it was 5 to 10 billion US dollar now we are borrowing up to 12 billion to produce the rice which we could buy for 5 billion. The death in the nation is hovering around 120 billion u.s. dollar. Have you asked yourself how do we go from 20 billion to 120 billion in a couple of years. What happens in industry which is supposed to be worth five million u.s. dollars to build they will borrow 100 million u.s. dollar beauty industry use the remaining money to buy houses out of the country. Look at all the companies today look at all the Industries today in Nigeria if you sell them you cannot even play that the death of those companies. Let me give you just one example look at eko Atlantic it is 300% over budget and 22% complete if you even sell the project today how much will you sell it for when left that the money which was used to build it the rice meal which is being built it is also the same thing, if you sell this rice meal you cannot even pay 20% of the money which was borrowed to establish it . You forgot night tell you forgot Elijah Steel plant you forgot Nigerian Airways what happened to the tens of billions of US dollar from these companies to establish and how much were they sold for 0. This is why I told you borrowing hundred US dollar to produce a product $5. Look at innocent Motors some of those same vehicles which day are assembling you find them in China being sold for at least 40% cheaper. Look at the dangote huwa trucks which he is assembling you can find it 40% cheaper if you buy it direct from China the products are expensive because they are borrowed money to establish the company's

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Heffalump(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2022
ElSudani:

How far back can you look? Nigerian economy is the largest in Africa, though I agree many Nigerians are not feeling it yet but it has not always been like that.
The idea of looking inwards and actually making it happen started with Babangida's SAP, it was painful but think about the trajectory of the country since then.
Slow but steady progress is being made in terms of local production of goods. If Obi should reverse this, it is back to square one for manufacturers in Nigeria. The first people to be wiped out are small scale manufacturers like those in Obi's Anambra and the South east. Big ones like Innoson will soon follow.

You keep referring to SAP propounded by the erstwhile military dictator, IBB as a good policy that laid the foundation of good government. FYI, SAP was the genesis of Nigerian economic woes that has metamorphosed into the current state. Started by attracting so many IMF loans and poor management of the government funds.

I'm confident that many of you don't understand the benefits of the economic theory postulated by Obi for Nigeria yet. Your eyes will soon be cleared. Many of the 1900 economic policies no longer hold waters in the present day circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by GeneralPula: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
baresi22:
I have lived and worked in United Kingdom, Australia and Canada. Most Western countries remove import and export restrictions. You only increase the import duties of some targeted items so as to encourage local production. For example, if you restrict importation of cars, local manufacturing companies cannot meet up with demand in Nigeria. You will encourage smuggling and other vices and short-change yourself by not getting revenue from import duties.

In my opinion, removing these restrictions is something that should be encouraged, while one creating an investor friendly country.

It is usually only when advanced nations want to sanction some countries that they implement ban or restrictions.

The main things that can save Nigeria is to reduce cost of governance, reduce corruption by block leakages using technology,investment in regenerative projects, exploring renewable energy sources and finally vote for a good leader. From my observations among the leading candidates, only Peter seems to show commitment and understanding of how to effect the much needed change.
It’s easy to spot liars. You’ve worked in USA and you didn’t know they have import restrictions?

Taar

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Favourchris(f): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
FlyoruB:
A Peter Obi presidency would usher in an era 'Container economics', whereby our struggling local industries would be killed off completely to make way for the dumping of foreign goods that can otherwise be produced locally and exported for foreign exchange. That's enough reason not to vote for that Pandora fraudster.

What is container economics; the more u guys try to promote ur paymaster, the more u look stupid.

This Nigeria u all are trying to sell for ewa and agbado... una eye go clear

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by reuben81: 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
penultimatee:
Okay,I stand with reno on this.How can we be importing what we can produce locally here in Nigeria.Its like we are empowering foreign currency on our own currency detriment.
this is exactly what Buhari told us forign rice now what is the price of local, competition is healthy

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by GeneralPula: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
bdon123:

most tins in US n uk come frm china...dont decieve urself.They also choose where to restrict.
Lol. Kindly mention some of those things?

At least, you’ve agreed they have import restrictions..
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
bdon123:

go and read what he said. He didn't mention where he will restrict importation. He only said he will remove restrictions on importation, that shows that he will remove the restrictions of importation in everything.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by jamace(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
GeneralPula:
https://www.nairaland.com/7371458/peter-obi-good-economic-plans

Peter Obi is well grounded in economics. He knows exactly what he wants to achieve.

PETER OBI'S EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED AND QUALIFICATIONS

· Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)

. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (B.A. Philosophy)

· Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)

· London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)

· Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)

· Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)

· Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)

. Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)

. Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
asanausana91:
don't forget that the man that said he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country is the one that said this rubbish. How can you change Nigeria from consumption to production by importing rubbish from outside? Iam suprise that intelligent people like you are supporting this rubbish.

He is not a saint and I have never believed in a nation called Nigeria but who will you listen to a president currently make Nigeria at 20 billion US dollar debt today the death of Nigeria as he has been in the country for that 120 billion US dollar. If you want to import food import cars import furniture and I bought everything 120 billion US dollar can import everything which Nigerians need for 30 years. The biggest hydro pack them in the world was beautiful above 50 billion US dollar. Ethiopia has built a 5000 megawatt yam for about 3 billion US dollar. We have borrowed 120 billion US dollar what do you see. The Ethiopian Dam produces more electricity than all of Nigeria's power stations put together for less than 5 billion US dollar. Look at gonna look at Kenya look at Botswana and Namibia find all of these countries total is less than 120 billion US dollar. But Nigerians run to this country to be refugees . You cannot be shouting local production and borrowing money heaven and earth to produce nothing

One of the biggest problem facing Nigeria by Tracy and stupidity of the citizen. The average Nigerian only follow and pray a criminal wherever they are in the world

1 Like

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by arantess: 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
I have said it time without number that my father is senseless and dull.
noted
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by Eteka1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nothing but the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by asanausana91: 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Ask yourself why is the dirt in the country so huge since this current administration came in. It is borrowing to produce. When Nigeria was importing rice every year it was 5 to 10 billion US dollar now we are borrowing up to 12 billion to produce the rice which we could buy for 5 billion. The death in the nation is hovering around 120 billion u.s. dollar. Have you asked yourself how do we go from 20 billion to 120 billion in a couple of years. What happens in industry which is supposed to be worth five million u.s. dollars to build they will borrow 100 million u.s. dollar beauty industry use the remaining money to buy houses out of the country. Look at all the companies today look at all the Industries today in Nigeria if you sell them you cannot even play that the death of those companies. Let me give you just one example look at eko Atlantic it is 300% over budget and 22% complete if you even sell the project today how much will you sell it for when left that the money which was used to build it the rice meal which is being built it is also the same thing, if you sell this rice meal you cannot even pay 20% of the money which was borrowed to establish it . You forgot night tell you forgot Elijah Steel plant you forgot Nigerian Airways what happened to the tens of billions of US dollar from these companies to establish and how much were they sold for 0. This is why I told you borrowing hundred US dollar to produce a product $5. Look at innocent Motors some of those same vehicles which day are assembling you find them in China being sold for at least 40% cheaper. Look at the dangote huwa trucks which he is assembling you can find it 40% cheaper if you buy it direct from China the products are expensive because they are borrowed money to establish the company's
Mr man, anybody that said he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country should not say what Peter obi said. You may be killing your economy just because you want cheap things.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by UpAndGrateful(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
richidinho:
grin grin grin

From 2007 - 2015 import restriction was removed

Foreign rice. 50kg N9,000
Local rice. 50kg. N4,000

From 2015 till date import is restricted
Foreign rice. 50kg N35,000
Local rice. 50kg. N30,000

Obi is right
Wish I can give this a thousand likes

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by newnigerdelta00: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jestin:
Obi is coming

Coming to sex your wife while you watch and smile

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by ElSudani: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Heffalump:

You keep referring to SAP propounded by the erstwhile military dictator, IBB as a good policy that laid the foundation of good government. FYI, SAP was the genesis of Nigerian economic woes that has metamorphosed into the current state

I mentioned SAP because it was made to reverse what Obi is proposing. Manufacturing today is a bigger portion of our GDP because Nigeria decided to look inwards.
SAP was deeply unpopular because the immediate effect was higher prices for almost everything. Nigeria moved endured that and Manufacturing is beginning to take off but Obi's policy will take us back to pre SAP days. This is what I am trying to explain to you.
SAP was only an economic policy, it is not an overall judgment of Babangida's government, good or bad.
Re: Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri by newnigerdelta00: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
Reno is an inconsequential he-goat who think Nigerian youths can still be deceived by the lies of him and Atiku.

We are OBIDIENT already. APC/PDP can go and die

Just as you already been buried

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. / PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.