Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win (35067 Views)

Buba Galadima: Those Asking Kwankwaso To Be Peter Obi’s Vice Are Not Politicians / NNPP Offers Obi Vice Presidential Ticket - The Nation / Umahi Receives Fatima Mukhtar, Buhari's Daughter On Her Official Visit To Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Naajjii: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2022
Why is it that Obi is hell bent on choosing a fulani, someone from the northwest as his vice? First he tried Kwankwaso he failed, he tried Shagari he failed ,he later succeeded in Datti. Are there no competent people from other regions in the north to choose from ? They are always complaining of Fulani, Jihadist, islamization but want to use fulani Jihadist win presidency grin
Why didn't he pick a northern christian as his vice ?
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Pojaay(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Trenupdate:
https://www.channelstv.com/2022/10/11/i-declined-to-be-obis-vice-president-because-he-cannot-win-shagari/
We could not ask for a better Vice Presidential candidate than Yusuf Baba-Ahmed Datti, a sound, eloquent, calm, calculative and a wealthy personality than him.
So you Shagari abi wetin....gerrattttt, you’re irrelevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Cantonese: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2022
People like Mukhtar Shagari should speak with some sense, using his own father as his example.

When the military in 1979 decided to return power to the civilians under OBJ, several parties were formed. We had NNPP, UPN, NPN, PRP, etc. Shehu Shagari, the father of Mukhtar was a founding member of the then NPN. He was a completely unknown politician compared to Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Aminu Kano, etc. His father became the candidate of NPN after some intrigues and NPN eventually won the 1979 election after the 12 2/3 saga.

Once again, his father won his reelection in 1983 after massive rigging by NPN, his party. This same President Buhari, teamed up with his fellow military men to overthrow Shagari's government. Maybe Mukhtar was a baby then, with no sense of history. He has been a keen follower of APC in the face of the massive misery and hardship unleashed on Nigeria by the party.

Obi was a governor and was long already well known by Nigerians. Shehu Shagari was not known by Nigerians, but by the mercy of God he became the President of Nigeria. If NPN which was a new party and within the short time given by OBJ and the then national electoral commission, could put structures in place to campaign and win, how has Mukhtar Shagari arrogated the powers of God to himself, to tell Obi that he will not win in 2023?

Was there no Justice party, with Pastor Okotie, in this country that won some areas in Edo state in 1999?

When will Nigerians get out of the stranglehold of politicians like Atiku, Kwankwanso and Tinubu?

Unfortunately, youths seem to keep believing that these old brigade politicians remain their Messiah. We will not forget quickly all the bewitching promises made by APC in 2014/15. As we speak today, not more than two of all were somehow fulfilled. More money than ever has been looted. Rather than set aside tribal tendencies, the youths think their future is like a football match, with them betting and mortgaging their destinies. When will the youths of this country wake up and take up the challenge of electing the right candidates?

The likes of Mukhtar Shagari must bow their faces in shame. It was a big honour. They are the spoilers and looters that we talk about. They are the ones who choose to be in parties where resources and positions are shared to their own advantages.

We do not need such people in offices anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Eniitankorede: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2022
BossGerald:
Why are you crying now Mr shagari?? undecided

You had to go and cry on the national TV, just to tell us how you missed an unimportant opportunity...how did that sound to you??

Many of you are in self-imposed delusion about the chances of Peter Obi. He will not win anything. He will come third or fourth. SDP may outshine him. I onow you will shout blue murder, but the signs are there, very glaring. Voting is not done on Twitter or by Oxford attendees. Voting is not done by those giving Dallas honorary citizenship. Obi does not have strategy to win the north and southwest. His religious and ethnic posturing will not help him. It will bring him down. Majority of northerners are angry about his antics, they don't even know him.

1 Like

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by georgeakins: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2022
Acidosis:

So the sane ones should continue to demand good governance while ediots continue to drag us back?? grin

If Obi does not win, nobody will demand any good governance from anybody. grin We will all bear the consequences of having a sick, immobile, and absentee push and start kleptomaniac who would spend his time padding his health status and avoiding national discourse and issues.

Demand good governance in your region/ state first . As of today, South East is the most backward region in Nigeria aside North East.

1 Like

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by BossGerald: 7:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Many of you are in self-imposed delusion about the chances of Peter Obi. He will not win anything. He will come third or fourth. SDP may outshine him. I onow you will shout blue murder, but the signs are there, very glaring. Voting is not done on Twitter or by Oxford attendees.

Mr. Eniitankorede you must be a clown grin grin

You enemies of Nigeria, after chanting sai baba they've turned to force tinubu on Nigerians...everything they support or ever stood for turns out to be a despicable failure. You'll fail this time around.

North this and North that...slaves everywhere, even in their own country. Tueh undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Eniitankorede: 7:58am On Oct 12, 2022
BossGerald:

Mr. Eniitankorede you must be a clown grin grin

You enemies of Nigeria, after chanting sai baba they've turned to force tinubu on Nigerians...everything they support or ever stood for turns out to be a despicable failure. You'll fail this time around.

North this and North that...slaves everywhere, even in their own country. Tueh undecided

If you like, you can knock your head against the rock for hearing the truth. North is key to winning election in Nigeria, whether you like it or not. Patience Jonathan paid a bitter price for abusing the northerners. Her husband lost the election. Peter Obi has done the same thing by playing tribal and religious politics, calling their bluff, deporting them in his tenure and demolishing their mosque. You can’t hate people and expect them to vote you.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by BeardedMeat(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
that doesn't win election in this Zoo
You are right because he belongs to the infirmary.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by kollinz1234(m): 8:19am On Oct 12, 2022
LegendHero:
This man get sense pass all the Obitiary kids.

He knows Peter Pandora can never be elected president, so instead of wasting his time and barking around in frustration, he declined to save his mental health.

Very sensible man.
Tinubu's face actually looks like an Obituary poster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by bigcee(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2022
yyba:
SHAGARI wait for the insult from the illiterate terrorists grin grin grin
Terrorist like Shettima, right? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by ogtavia(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2022
Every ode wants to be associated with LP now. Even this dindinrin, this mu.mu that disgraced himself yesterday on TV by talking so much nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Musauzor(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2022
HE Peter Obi has said it on several occasions that winning the presidential election is not a do or die affair. If not for anything,he will share the southern votes with BATstard Bola Tribulation thus giving Atiku an edge with the northern votes. In all, the emilokan BATstard will lose the 2023 presidential election
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by AddyserveNG: 8:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Obi's 1 million march is the biggest voluntary movement Nigeria has withneased.

Over the past 2 years, the Nigerian political hemisphere has been on constant shakeup this is enough to let you know that 2023 is a no-no me era.

If you are yet to wake up to this reality please do if not for yourself, fight for the sanity of Nigeria's political system because of the generation unborn.

I am sure that Shagari will look back and regret this statement come 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Afamed: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2022
Those who know politics know Obi is just wasting his time
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by ogatboy(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:

I like Obi but he doesn’t have any Midas touch like you guys make him to have. He is definitely better than Asiwaju and if Atiku wasn’t contesting, I would have voted him simply because of cutting cost of governance.
However, at the moment, Atiku is the best candidate and most likely the one that can rescue us from the evil hands of APC.

Atiku will not win election. Do not waste your time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
grin grin grin

That's a realist!

At some point in life, we must always tell ourselves the truth, and not hope for the impossible.

Why won't Peter Obi win?

I can swear that you can't give a clean, coherent, reasonable answer to the above question.
That proves your myopic thinking pattern.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Ghostrye: 8:51am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:
That’s the bitter truth. Obi cannot win in 2023. However, what he has done via his supporters is a big win for Nigeria. If his supporters can continue to demand good leadership, Nigeria will get it right in few years time.
God bless Nigeria.
Why wait until it is late when we can get said good leadership now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by deeva2: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2022
BossGerald:
Why are you crying now Mr shagari?? undecided

You had to go and cry on the national TV, just to tell us how you missed an unimportant opportunity...how did that sound to you??

If Tinubu withdraws for Peter Obi
Obidients: face of modern democracy

If Abacha donates to Peter Obi's campaign
Obidients: a true leader.

If Gowon lends support to Peter Obi
Obidients: Gowon had no hands in Biafra

Very unstable lots.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

U see comr sir, I get ur point, but will North agree for southerner to take over from a southerner? Hell No
Will Muslim accept a Christian to take over from a Christian? Hell No (I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim, Infact I hate religion) but for fairness and equity, Muslim can't take over from a Muslim.
Back to d candidates of d political parties, I think Obi is more visible to d masers than d rest, that's just d fact. Masses wants somebody that can Atleast listen to them. Somebody that they easily hv access to talk to, not somebody that will use aso rock as A RETIREMENT PLAN

Go to YouTube and Search for ascension press and subscribe to their channel.
Go there with an open mind and you'll fall in love with genuine Christianity.
Go to father Mike Schmitz playlist
Go to all their playlists.
They're Catholics and will introduce you properly to the faith.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

U see comr sir, I get ur point, but will North agree for southerner to take over from a southerner? Hell No
Will Muslim accept a Christian to take over from a Christian? Hell No (I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim, Infact I hate religion) but for fairness and equity, Muslim can't take over from a Muslim.
Back to d candidates of d political parties, I think Obi is more visible to d masers than d rest, that's just d fact. Masses wants somebody that can Atleast listen to them. Somebody that they easily hv access to talk to, not somebody that will use aso rock as A RETIREMENT PLAN
BIBLE IN A YEAR.�����
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5maXJlc2lkZS5mbS9iaWJsZWluYXllYXIvcnNz?ep=14

��
The Bible in a year is an enriching way to delve into God's Word.✝️
It follows the BIBLE IN A YEAR READING PLAN COMPILED AND CREATED BY RENOWNED BIBLE SCHOLAR JEFF CAVINS(American) and is hosted by Father Mike schmidtz(A catholic priest)

The Bible has been made easier to read and understand and is no more a daunting task as you'll be guided by some of the most learned hands in this journey.People that have been inspired by the Spirit of God.��

The Bible is the Holy Book for all Christians.
Imagine Reading the Entire Bible in a Year or possibly less than a year depending on how fast you want to follow along.
No time for lukewarmness.�
No time for hypocricy.�
No time for assuming that you know God and what He wants.�
No Time for "Being a Good Christian Only on Sundays" and delving back to your true life after that.�
No time for shouting,"I love God just for the benefits".�

The Bible is now easier to read!
Come!
Let God speak to you.�
Come and see life through the lense of Scripture.�
Come and Truly sit down to understand and know Gods word THROUGH AND THROUGH!�
Isn't that Wonderful
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5maXJlc2lkZS5mbS9iaWJsZWluYXllYXIvcnNz?ep=14

Download The Google Podcast App.
And Click on the link above.

Knowing the bible through and through isn't a task kept for your pastor or your Man of God Alone.
It is a task for ALL CHRISTIANS!!

THE PODCAST IS HOSTED BY CATHOLICS AND IS GOING THROUGH THE CATHOLIC ⛪ BIBLE WHICH INCLUDES DEUTROCANONICALS BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER!✝️

BE A RADICAL CHRISTIAN AND GET UP ON YOUR FEET.
DESIRE TO KNOW GOD.✝️
SEEK TO UNDERSTAND.✝️
AND SEEK TO LIVE A FULFILLING LIFE OF TRUTH, KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCRIPTURE AND AN UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO GROW AS A CHRISTIAN.✝️
NO MORE TIME FOR BEING LUKEWARM.✝️
THE TIME IS NOW.✝️
PERSONALLY,I'M ON DAY 110/365!
TO ENCOURAGE YOU THAT YOU CAN DO THIS!

READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL??

GOD BLESS US ALL!��

Share This to everyone you know because there are those who have struggled to read the bible but just couldn't due to the intricacy, difficulty and somewhat boring nature of the book!

But fear no more because God has provided a means that will curb all of That!
����
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by rexchazy(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

those stupid kids do not know politics their eyes will be clear in 2023
Politics is not about insulting and making noise on and off social media. Am not a politician neither am I an electorate am just stating the obvious.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by VULCAN(m): 9:00am On Oct 12, 2022
Will Smith thought The Matrix made no sense so he turned down the role of Neo.

We all know what Keanu Reeves did with that role.

Thank you Shagari for turning it down (that's assuming you are telling the truth) as you represent the old brigade that destroyed this country.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 12, 2022
1KOBONAIRA:

Why won't Peter Obi win?

I can swear that you can't give a clean, coherent, reasonable answer to the above question.
That proves your myopic thinking pattern.

Don’t let me compose a novel please.

The reasons why Peter Obi can is glaring to all realist!

His dreams are impossibilities and can’t work in any democratic nation.

Aspiring to use an Orphanage home to win the presidency of the most populous nation in Africa? A party without structure or influence?

Hello! If powers that make be decamped to Labour, that would have been another instance. As it stands today, THEIR IS NO WAY PETER OBI CAN BE PRESIDENT.

You cannot even be NANS President with such political structure. Ask those who played forefront politics in school.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Emyogalanya: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:
That’s the bitter truth. Obi cannot win in 2023. However, what he has done via his supporters is a big win for Nigeria. If his supporters can continue to demand good leadership, Nigeria will get it right in few years time.
God bless Nigeria.
his followers who thier candidate failed to win can continue to demand for good leadership so ehat will people like you who voted bad leaders because of sentiments will demand for what? Bad leadership right? You want to vote in bad leaders and expect another person to demand good leadership for you? Look at the disaster buhari became , non of those who promoted him could find their voice after almost 8 years. People like deji adeyanju has said the opposition party is useless, and he was part of those who brought in buhari. Instead of demanding good leadership he keeps calling out the PDP. Una try well well
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:18am On Oct 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Don’t let me compose a novel please.

The reasons why Peter Obi can is glaring to all realist!

His dreams are impossibilities and can’t work in any democratic nation.

Aspiring to use an Orphanage home to win the presidency of the most populous nation in Africa? A party without structure or influence?

Hello! If powers that make be decamped to Labour, that would have been another instance. As it stands today, THEIR IS NO WAY PETER OBI CAN BE PRESIDENT.

You cannot even be NANS President with such political structure. Ask those who played forefront politics in school.

Enlighten me then.
For real.

What are political structures?
What are these structures you people keep talking about?
Let us have a discussion.
Drop your WhatsApp number please.
You can also choose to not.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Acidosis(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

stop disguising that you hate him because of the issue of tweet your hatred for him begins because of entitlement mentality that Peter obi deserves the ticket.. has your obi condemn the killings in Anambra and the Igbos killing young ibo youth? and Atiku tweets is of no importance and cannot revive the child back to life and why are you more concern about Atiku as of that time Peter obi, Osinbajo, tinubu and Buhari never said anything about it but you are more focus on Atiku because he is the major northern candidate against all odds
whether you like it or not the battle line is between Atiku and tinubu and if you spoil and split Atiku votes in south east it is in favour of tinubu and you guys will still suffer in the hands of apc again..
political game is not by hatred or fighting but a very discrete calculation and calculations

Simple question. Why did he delete his tweets?
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Acidosis(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2022
beejay85:

If you know the strongest candidate from the South is BAT...
Any vote cast for PO is a vote in favour of the North ( Atiku)
Another 8 years rule for the North u despised loading grin

Then advise Tinubu to step down.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Diligence: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2022
Guz: who remembers M. Shagari when we are talking about Dr Baba Ahmed Datti Yusuf!?!

Take Back Your Country
ItIsNowOrNever
VoteWisely
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Emola12(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2022
Thank God say you no even answer Dem self because if to say u agree for Dem I for not be part of OBEDIENT today trust me
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Acidosis(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2022
georgeakins:

Demand good governance in your region/ state first . As of today, South East is the most backward region in Nigeria aside North East.

What is my business with south east or north east?
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2022
1KOBONAIRA:

Enlighten me then.
For real.

What are political structures?
What are these structures you people keep talking about?
Let us have a discussion.
Drop your WhatsApp number please.
You can also choose to not.

To win an election, be it SUG president or NANS president. You need a structure of working, abled and influential caucus! Those are who will influence your candidacy as they also have something at stake with benefits.

Come to funding, Do you know how much is involved in politics? Please Google average funds invested into politics in any country of your choice and feedback? Where will Obi get such funds?

Now you believe Obi will go head to head with a RULING PARTY and MAJOR OPPOSITION? Common! Do the maths, it’s not feasible. It’s can’t even be a dream cos it’s impossible!

I am sure you want to mention how APC emerged! Mention that and I will enlighten you more.

You cannot just ride solo in politics! It can NEVER work.

Somethings are just impossible if you hide emotions.

Even in the house of God, same politics I laid out, plays out.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by onuman: 9:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Trenupdate:
https://www.channelstv.com/2022/10/11/i-declined-to-be-obis-vice-president-because-he-cannot-win-shagari/

Like Shagari like Tambuwal, like Atiku - all northern irridentists who see Nigeria only from the eyes of North versus South.
Peter Obi shall be the next president of Nigeria after PMB.
Mukhtar must have benefited from QUOTA SYSTEM, but does not see Federal Character principle that supports zoning of the presidency between the north and the south.
He doesn't see that the skewed and lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by his northern military dictators necessitated zoning of the presidency between the north and the south since 1999.
This Atiku the north is rooting for, Atiku as VP told us he sold NITEL for what amounted to a pittance to one European man with one portfolio as his office, after Nigeria invested millions of dollars in NITEL.
NITEL collapsed.
Who still wants Atiku as president? Only ethno-religious bigots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: Another Nigerian Soldier Dies / Atiku Meets Rakesh Wahi, The Chairman Of CNBC/Forbes / BREAKING: INEC Declares Muhammadu Buhari Winner Of 2019 Presidential Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.