Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win (35073 Views)

Buba Galadima: Those Asking Kwankwaso To Be Peter Obi’s Vice Are Not Politicians / NNPP Offers Obi Vice Presidential Ticket - The Nation / Umahi Receives Fatima Mukhtar, Buhari's Daughter On Her Official Visit To Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by goodmike7: 9:33am On Oct 12, 2022
Acidosis:

Not parochial and bigoted indeed. But he deleted his tweets about Deborah immediately his shariah urchins called for his head??

Man deleted his tweets and never made mention of Deborah anywhere else. I'm not stup!d, man. And yes, Nigeria belongs to us that's why Peter Obi, a South-eastern candidate, seems like a better choice this time.

Pray tell where same PO has ever condemned the actions of IPOB?
At least he condemned then deleted the tweet, where is the deleted tweet of obi condemning terrorists ipob?
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by onuman: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2022
Jennifer663:
Shame on you

Real shame. Mukhtar spoke like a kid. Not like someone who has been in govt house.

This Nigeria they think is their northern property, the day they will cause Nigeria to scatter, they shall start to have the type of economy of Niger Republic or Tchad. Northetners like this man make one begin to hate one Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by boldtruthalways: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:
That’s the bitter truth. Obi cannot win in 2023. However, what he has done via his supporters is a big win for Nigeria. If his supporters can continue to demand good leadership, Nigeria will get it right in few years time.
God bless Nigeria.
See mumu talk. You know his supporters are demanding for good leadership and yet you say he'll not win. So, who will win?....supporters of bad leadership? Wake up! Nigerians are tired, 2023 will break the jinx or we'll die there. The future of your life and your Children should be important to you.

1 Like

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by APCnaPDP: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2022
boldtruthalways:

See mumu talk. You know his supporters are demanding for good leadership and yet you say he'll not win. So, who will win?....supporters of bad leadership? Wake up! Nigerians are tired, 2023 will break the jinx or we'll die there. The future of your life and your Children should be important to you.

Please I want to understand ways that Obi is better than Atiku. Can you list them please.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Onuoha1234(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2022
No human in this corrupted country can fortel the future. You are dreaming seeking undeserved attention.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Onuoha1234(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2022
No human in this corrupted country can fortel the future. You are dreaming seeking undeserved attention !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 10:02am On Oct 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

To win an election, be it SUG president or NANS president. You need a structure of working, abled and influential caucus! Those are who will influence your candidacy as they also have something at stake with benefits.

Come to funding, Do you know how much is involved in politics? Please Google average funds invested into politics in any country of your choice and feedback? Where will Obi get such funds?

Now you believe Obi will go head to head with a RULING PARTY and MAJOR OPPOSITION? Common! Do the maths, it’s not feasible. It’s can’t even be a dream cos it’s impossible!

I am sure you want to mention how APC emerged! Mention that and I will enlighten you more.

You cannot just ride solo in politics! It can NEVER work.

Somethings are just impossible if you hide emotions.

Even in the house of God, same politics I laid out, plays out.

Bro,i hope you're ready to read what i'm about to write.
You said that one needs a"structure of working, abled and influential caucus! Those are who will influence your candidacy as they also have something at stake with (benefits.)"
What do you mean by benefits?
Money?
Physical gifts?
Cars?
Incentives?
Like explain.
Because i believe this use of "benefits " implies gifts rooted on vested interest of the said individuals pushing for your candidacy.
They don't care about the fate of the nation,
Patriotism and the collective growth of the masses that you--the candidate-- would exert executive power over.
It's a very useless, malignant and corrupt form of structure.
If it's about influential caucus,oboiiii.
Peter Obi has.
1)Nefertiti grin
2)Chlorpeniramine grin
3)SOLA kafinta(Who has been doin physical and on the ground sensitation of market women and elderly people in his hometown and state sharing aprons caps and polos)
4)ObiFlagBoy.
You may think that these people are just online and have benign or meaningless influence but you're in for a surprise.
And i just named a few(online)

Physical ones.
1)Obaze
2)Pat Utomi
3)Okupe
4)Baba-Ahmed
Even the VP has made tremendous strides in the north that is under the radar and will shock you should you find out how big his influence towards making people shift to the labour party is.
A few again.
These are "structure of working, abled and influential caucus! Those are who will influence your candidacy as they also have something at stake with benefits." but this time around the benefits are a working Nigeria,A sound and stable economy,Very robust and responsive security architecture and a beautiful country that one can call home and not want to jakpa.
Because many people supporting atiku and tinubu are not actually in the country and won't vote.

This is Part 1
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by WhizdomXX(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:

What is wrong in voting another Fulani man? Is he not Nigerian ? Atiku is not parochial, not bigoted, he is appreciated in all regions of Nigeria.
Not bigoted you say? Atiku said inn 2014 and I quote; "It is the turn of the north to rule".. And to people castigating the Apc candidate for contesting at such an old age, Atiku is 5 years older.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

To win an election, be it SUG president or NANS president. You need a structure of working, abled and influential caucus! Those are who will influence your candidacy as they also have something at stake with benefits.

Come to funding, Do you know how much is involved in politics? Please Google average funds invested into politics in any country of your choice and feedback? Where will Obi get such funds?

Now you believe Obi will go head to head with a RULING PARTY and MAJOR OPPOSITION? Common! Do the maths, it’s not feasible. It’s can’t even be a dream cos it’s impossible!

I am sure you want to mention how APC emerged! Mention that and I will enlighten you more.

You cannot just ride solo in politics! It can NEVER work.

Somethings are just impossible if you hide emotions.

Even in the house of God, same politics I laid out, plays out.

Part 2.
Even in the North that atiku is so proud of,an Arewa
poll that was conducted by Arewa Trust Newspaper in kano put peter Obi at a whooping 80.44% lead Not to talk of ANAP, Bloomberg and The Economist which are very credible predictors of election outcomes.
All these signs and people still doubt that Obi will win with a landslide.

Oboiiiii oooooooooooo
I can even guarantee that most of the presence at the rallies of Atiku and Tinubu are inventived but Peter Obi's Has been purely organic and self-sustained!
And you still doubt?
If the PDP as the major opposition cared to really make Nigeria progress in some way and offer equity and as a party vested on National interest Should have given the ticket to Peter Obi.
1)He's a southerner(meeting the requirements for zoning)i
2)He's a christian(meeting the requirements for religious balance)
3)He is an economist and has robust acumen needed to handle the issues we face today together with his Vice!

Only corrupt people and people with vested interests that benefit from Nigeria as it is today wouldn't want this man!
The North isn't a place filled with puppets.
They have felt the brunt of a brutal and heartless economy.
So they Know what is good for themselves!
It will surprise you that Obi will carry the NorthEast and i'm not saying this out of sentiment.
The Arewa Trust Newspaper poll is a strong indicator.

Peter obi has all requisite tools needed to be the Third Force that'll overthrow the norm!

All PDP and APC can do now is just do what is expected;
Fight tooth and nail to no avail.
Try and cripple the upcoming force

It is expected because APC and PDP won't just sit and watch their source of food snatched from them,they are expected to fight and it's precisely what we're seeing now!
As for the money needed to campaign, grin grin grin
if only you know how much has been raised and is still being raised by obi's campaign website grin grin
Let us go to aso rock!
All is going to plan.

I writing this have my PVC and there are many radical obidients out there with their pvc.

Underestimate us.
Don't expect our victory.
Don't anticipate our win.

Because, that way,our Peter Obi becoming president will come as a shock to you all!

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Cyberterror: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2022
Everybody knows that Peter Obi cannot win including IPOB terrorists supporting him. They just want to make noise for nuisance sake.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Joy159(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2022
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts.
esaf netbanking
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Ylink4sure: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2022
Interpretation: This shows Labour Party (Peter Obi) was just looking for anyone in the North to be their/his running mate regardless of party affiliation and ideology!
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Cchuks27(m): 10:32am On Oct 12, 2022
Tribalist man.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by WhizdomXX(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:

I like Obi but he doesn’t have any Midas touch like you guys make him to have. He is definitely better than Asiwaju and if Atiku wasn’t contesting, I would have voted him simply because of cutting cost of governance.
However, at the moment, Atiku is the best candidate and most likely the one that can rescue us from the evil hands of APC.
Wow,, since when did APC's hand become evil..atiku is our beloved son and he knows for a fact that he is just contesting the presidency to lose all his accumulated politically gained wealth again.

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Made1414(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:
That’s the bitter truth. Obi cannot win in 2023. However, what he has done via his supporters is a big win for Nigeria. If his supporters can continue to demand good leadership, Nigeria will get it right in few years time.
God bless Nigeria.

You are depending on his supporters to keep pushing for good leadership but obi cannot win? . You really need serious surgery in your brain. After his supporters finished pushing for good governance. Tinubu and Atiku will then win to do what exactly? Do you have sense at all? What would these men do? Give you the good governance the people they said would Labour in vain pushed for?? You are totally sick i swear!!! Tufiaaaaa
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Jasperado: 10:35am On Oct 12, 2022
Whoever heard ur name ? You missed a golden opportunity
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by APCnaPDP: 10:35am On Oct 12, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Not bigoted you say? Atiku said inn 2014 and I quote; "It is the turn of the north to rule".. And to people castigating the Apc candidate for contesting at such an old age, Atiku is 5 years older.

Atiku 5 years older than Tinubu? Lol, ridiculous!!
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Poleski: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2022
Deep down he is regretting it now like Kwakwanso.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by beejay85: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2022
Acidosis:

Then advise Tinubu to step down.
Thats giving atiku a blank cheque... its a No No here bro cool
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by OpinionCounts(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2022
I love the way a lot of these politicians and some Nigerians speak boldly of how impossible it is for Peter Obi to win considering the political facts on ground.
It will make the victory of Peter Obi point undoubtedly to the power of God and not man. Even Peter Obi himself will fall flat on his face in reverence and total submission to the almighty God after his victory, knowing that it was only the power of the most high that broke every strong hold and granted him victory.

1 Like

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Masterito(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2022
Obi can win. Infact ,he has a huge now considering, no presidential is stepping down for another.
APCnaPDP:
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by wolesmile(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2022
Salvador1:
Obi will surprise all of you.
After results declaration.
The caption will be like.
Peter Obi emerges as presidential winner against all old.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by wink2015(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2022
NORTHERNERS TRADITIONALLY DO NOT FANCY THE IDEA OF BEING VICE PRESIDENT TO A SOUTHERN PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT.

They prefer the position of President.

It is only in exceptional cases that they give in to accept to run under a southern Presidential aspirant especially if the northerner aspirant is highly enlightened and exposed.

That is why Namadi Sambo and Baba Ahmed Datti ran for vice president under a southerner Presidential aspirant.

To many of these northerner they believe the position President of Nigeria is permanently meant for core northerner alone.

Alhaji Muktar Shagari should remember that Late Alex Ekwueme was Vice President under his late father during the 2nd republic from October 1979 to December 1983 when the Buhari coup terminated the democracy.

Later there were Former speaker of House of representatives, Late Ume Ezeoke who was Vice Presidential aspirant under Buhari.

Current Labor party aspirant in February 2023 presidential election Mr Peter Obi also ran as vice presidential aspirant under Atiku before he went his separate ways berting his political race under labor party.

Alhaji Muktar Shagari is behaving like his northern brother Alhaji Kwankwaso.

The north must accept the fact that southern political leaders are entitled to the office of President of Nigeria.

The PDP is in political crisis today because they zone the office to the north in contravention of the unwritten arrangements that after 8 years political office with regard to the presidency must be zone to the south after the north have held the position for 8 years.

Why is the north not interested in selling the candidate of southern origin before their people?
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by WhizdomXX(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
APCnaPDP:

Atiku 5 years older than Tinubu? Lol, ridiculous!!
Are you serious now?

Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Segehtec: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
Oga let nigerians decides ...u cant decide for nigerians....u have only one vote
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by zomby(m): 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2022
A former Deputy Governor of Sokoto State, Mukhtar Shagari, has revealed that he was contacted by the Labour Party to become Peter Obi’s vice presidential candidate.

Shagari, speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Tuesday, said he declined the opportunity because he did not believe Obi stood a chance in 2023.

“The Labour party contacted me and requested if I would like to be the Vice Presidential candidate to Peter Obi,” the PDP chieftain said.

“And I looked at the political scenario, what Labour party is, and decided that I cannot be the Vice Presidential candidate to Peter Obi.

“I do not see the path through which Peter Obi will win the election in this country.

“It is so clear that in areas in the South-East, and young people are shouting about him on social media – yes, it’s politics.

Believe it or not, the labour party (the losers' party) also contacted me, but I turned down the losers grin grin grin

The Igbos are the only foools that see things differently. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Honestly I have never seen a group of GULLIBLE people that do not get tired of losing like the Igbos. I guess, that's why the northerners call them the Organic Losers grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Kaymansion(m): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
shocked grin very funny see finish
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by zomby(m): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2022
The timing of Shagari’s message is something we should pay attention to, I’m sure that the gullible organic losers can’t see or learn anything from the timing and the delivery style of this message…and I’m not surprised.
Politics is mostly coded with sound strategies, and not just senseless noise and uncivilized attacks.

Expect to see more campaign strategies to be systematically unveiled.

Furthermore, let us pay attention to Wike.
I predict that Wike will defect to the APC party and join hands at the last minutes with Ashiwaju, the Jagaban of Nigeria.
Relevant politicians mostly do not associate with losers.

MSG to the Organic Losers:
Noise or attacking everyone with a different view doesn’t win election, but a tested strategy by political guru wins the election. This is the fact the igbos are yet to discover. I thought the PDP primary election shake down was the key to wake up the sleeping igbos, but I was wrong.
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Paulianfa(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2022
E go shock am as Obi clinch the title
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by zomby(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2022
Paulianfa:
E go shock am as Obi clinch the title
Yep, May be in Madagascar grin grin grin
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by zomby(m): 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2022
Obi is nt only too dull, but also too local to lead a nation like Nigeria. We do not want another clueless confused president
Re: Mukhtar Shagari: I Declined Being Obi's Vice President Because He Cannot Win by Acidosis(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2022
goodmike7:

Pray tell where same PO has ever condemned the actions of IPOB?
At least he condemned then deleted the tweet, where is the deleted tweet of obi condemning terrorists ipob?

Do you expect Obi to be tweeting everyday about activities of unknown gunmen in the east? What else do you want to hear or read from Obi after declaring security a matter of national urgency?

Is Atiku's deleted tweet a security or religious issue? Where is Atiku's tweet about boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, and ISWAP since you want to regionalise the matter. Has Atiku ever condemned Fulani terrorists?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalanders...can You Bet This Amount Of Money On Buhari Or GEJ? / How Mysterious Snake Forced Ogun Judge To Release Detained Journalists / Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.