Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth (7969 Views)

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / Tinubu Promises Double-digit Economic Growth At Kaduna Rally / Tinubu: My Agenda For National Transformation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Racoon(m): 5:51am On Oct 16, 2022
No Nigerian sensible enough to understand the multifaceted problems the APC have enmeshed this nation in should ever listen to this morbidly sick runaway and public avoiding baba wey no well.
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by MarketDispatch: 5:52am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What exactly is it that Tinubu did in Lagos in his 8yeats?

Are you blind? Can you not see all the Toll gates ? grin grin
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by lukaatamadauda: 5:56am On Oct 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFyXd8kyrA
“So let me request that our politicians prepare the mind of Nigerians for difficult decisions. Anybody who tells you that it is going to be easy, please don’t vote for him, because it is either he is lying to you or he does not know what job he is going to get."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_CdgU7_svM

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Saturday urged young people not to lose hope and focus on the opportunities available in the country.

He gave the advice in a lecture themed: “Youths and The Sustenance of Democracy: Issues and The Challenges” to mark the 64th birthday of a renowned activist, lawyer and journalist, Mr. Richard Akinnola held in Ikeja.

Sanwo-Olu also urged Nigerian youths to be actively involved in Nigeria’s democratic process for a better future, adding that Nigerians should join hands together to strengthen and grow the country’s democracy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Coolgent(m): 6:09am On Oct 16, 2022
May God never allow you to govern 9ja
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Olaw86(m): 6:16am On Oct 16, 2022
phorget:
Lol... ideas he failed to convey to our darling bubu. grin grin grin
Some people will not just fail in proving their ignorance to the world,is it by force you comment?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by ZombieSlayer1: 6:19am On Oct 16, 2022
tribalmall:
Thank God even you unwise Igbo father know Lagos as been growing in double digits, if Buhari chose not to implement Tinubu policies please take the misery in you hatefilled to him. He is your president not Tinubu

What would make a grown man like you to believe anyone who doesn't support your candidate is from a particular tribe?
Stupidity is the only reason I can find. This election has shown your people are the most tribalistic tribe in this country, trying your force your old man on everyone else. Your evil plans will fail, Tinubu will NEVER rule this country
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Olaw86(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2022
Tinubuagbado:
Did you listen to him at all?
BAT said he needs Nasir El-Rufai’s creativity and intelligence to turn the rot of this country into a BAD one what kind of grammar is that⁉️
The same way Buhari said he will take Nigeria from Top to Bottom and he did.

Nigerians vote wisely
Definitely Nigerians will vote wisely by voting in Tinubu come Feb 25 next year
The antecedents speaks loud enough for the deaf to hear and for the blind to see.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by ZombieSlayer1: 6:20am On Oct 16, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
The proof of his proclamation lies in the double digits percentage of Lagos state internal state revenue between 1999 - 2007. Giving a chance, Tinubu as a president, guided by precedent, will surely turnaround Nigeria economic growth and development. For this very reason, I am voting the man of vision, JAGABAN
Be honest to yourself, the only reason you're voting him is because he's from your tribe or because you expect to gain something directly from him if he's elected.
You people are wicked
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Diligence: 6:21am On Oct 16, 2022
Tinubu is a mistake that must not happen!

Take Back Your Country
VoteWisely
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Paullo19: 6:21am On Oct 16, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
The proof of his proclamation lies in the double digits percentage of Lagos state internal state revenue between 1999 - 2007. Giving a chance, Tinubu as a president, guided by precedent, will surely turnaround Nigeria economic growth and development. For this very reason, I am voting the man of vision, JAGABAN

So he will tell us that after his tenure that he had a sleep of brain.. Make he go rest abeg... He is too old
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Paullo19: 6:23am On Oct 16, 2022
Majesty2:
Asiwaju is a moving train that can never be stopped

LOL.. Train wey dey move go back abi which one...lol...same way Buhari still take be moving train wey move us from top to bottom.
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by ZombieSlayer1: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2022
Olaw86:

Definitely Nigerians will vote wisely by voting in Tinubu come Feb 25 next year
The antecedents speaks loud enough for the deaf to hear and for the blind to see.....
Guy no dey lie to yourself. You people have shown you don't have the interest of Nigerians at heart. How can you be campaiginig for someone like Tinubu after the maladministration of Buhari's government which was foisted on us by Tinubu?
Someone asked on the other thread if Maradona can be fielded to play a match despite he was once the world best footballer and you urchins didn't reply him. If Peter Obi was a Yoruba man you people will support him, your only grouse is that he's Igbo.

God forbid Tinubu wins this election

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by voltron14: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Can you confirm that before 1999, no nigerian came to Lagos to look for opportunities? Was it from 1999 that people started migrating to Lagos to explore opportunities?

How is Tinubu a man of vision? What are his track record of performance?

Even the old don't go back to Anambra state to retire.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 6:27am On Oct 16, 2022
voltron14:

How does that answer the questions.

Can you confirm that before 1999, no nigerian came to Lagos to look for opportunities? Was it from 1999 that people started migrating to Lagos to explore opportunities?

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by ZombieSlayer1: 6:27am On Oct 16, 2022
voltron14:

You people will just be talking rubbish.
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Homiesjinxbank: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2022
Baba since you love Lagos State so much, why can't you contest to be a Lagos State Gov again? We no just want you at Federal Level
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by voltron14: 6:29am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How does that answer the questions.

It answers the question.

Back in the day Oliver the Coque stayed back in the east.

Today , Psquare have placed their anchor on Lagos soil.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by zeyt: 6:30am On Oct 16, 2022
Old liar! You lied about your age. You lied to each Northern governor that they will be your running mate. You lied about your state of health. You lied about your source of wealth. Everything about this old man is a lie.
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 6:30am On Oct 16, 2022
voltron14:

It answers the question.

Back in the day Oliver the Coque stayed back olin the east.

Today , Psquare have placed their anchor on Lagos soil.

That's not what I asked.

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by voltron14: 6:31am On Oct 16, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

You people will just be talking rubbish.

Na lie?

Dr. Akunyili that tried it, how far?

I know several septuagenerians that live in Lagos now instead of going back to the east.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by voltron14: 6:31am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

That's not what I asked.

Who cares what bullshit you asked?

The answers I gave were adequate.

Fk off if you can't understand.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 6:33am On Oct 16, 2022
Throwback:

Even his adversaries say the Jagaban is Jagbajantis.

In the immortal words of Sound Sultan,

"Everybody oya ooo join Jagbajantis to solve mathematics wey dey dabaru our continent"

Jagbajantis in English actually means nonesense. If you think calling Tinubu jagbajantis because it sounds like jagaban, you are saying that Tinubu is nonesense
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2022
voltron14:

You haven't answered the questions.

Can you confirm that before 1999, no nigerian came to Lagos to look for opportunities?

Was it from 1999 that people started migrating to Lagos to explore opportunities?

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by voltron14: 6:35am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered the questions.

Can you confirm that before 1999, no nigerian came to Lagos to look for opportunities?

Was it from 1999 that people started migrating to Lagos to explore opportunities?

Continue your wailing.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 6:38am On Oct 16, 2022
voltron14:

Continue your wailing.

From your previous post, you the one wailing
voltron14:

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Thedon22: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2022
I believe you. Talk and do candidate ! Not like some peoples candidate. Someone that could not change Anambra to Lagos wants to change Nigeria to China and some people believe him. Is that not Zombiesm !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2022
You will become the president already. We love you. Our love for you is greater than their hate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 16, 2022
You can do it. There's proof of it everywhere you were before now. The Jagaban himself; Ijaya of their fathers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Be honest to yourself, the only reason you're voting him is because he's from your tribe or because you expect to gain something directly from him if he's elected.
You people are wicked

So why are you voting Peter Obi? No be "because he's from your tribe"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2022
Throwback:

We Nigerian youths know who will provide us jobs.

We know why we storm Lagos for opportunities instead of Anambra where the youths lament bitterly and escape to Asian prisons as a better alternative.

Tinubu is a man with vision. The candidate with the track record of performance.

We Nigerian youths are not going to destroy our future. We will vote wisely.
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by anonimi: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Same way you achieved double digit profit in drug dealing business in faraway united States

Yeah right

You dey mind that druggie ThiefNuibu?
He must think that we are all 200 million mumus of Lagbaja.
God forbid BaThing.

Francis5:

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Doyou2019: 7:21am On Oct 16, 2022
Deltavariant:
No disrespect intended but how on earth can Tinubu achieve double digit growth when the global economy is facing a slump and imminent recession next year, even the IMF have projected a moderate growth rate of 3% for Nigeria in 2023 and a budget full of deficits. insecurity, corruption and mismanagement that has plagued this country. Tinubu must realistic in selling out himself considering our population growth, these fairy tales can't take us anyway.
P.S. -Any candidate that promises a smooth road is not worthy and realistic.

It takes real lunacy to trust a politician who bribed his way into being his party's flagbearer. How could any sane human believe the words of such a man

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! / The APC Members Lounge / INEC Insists On Nov 6 Anambra Guber Poll Despite IPOB’s Threats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.