Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake (4817 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2022
What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake

You should rejoice and be exceedingly glad!

That's what Jesus said you should do when you were persecuted for His sake.

Matthew 5:11-12 (KJV)

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Therefore being persecuted for doing what Jesus says or standing for Him is not something you should be ashamed of, but that which should make you feel really proud, because according to Jesus, your reward shall be great in heaven, so instead of feeling sad and sorry for yourself, you should make a joyful noise unto the Lord and shout hallelujah!

Although this may not make sense to the carnally minded, but that is because this saying was not meant for those of this world but those who are not of this world but of the Kingdom of God.

That's the reason why Peter and John after they were arrested and beaten for preaching the Gospel according to what Jesus had commanded them to do, instead of feeling sorry and shame for themselves, they were instead rejoicing and thanking God for being worthy to suffer shame for Christ sake.

Acts 5:40-41 (KJV)

And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Such is the unusual kind of orientation of the leaders of the church in the Bible that I saw and was profoundly amazed and blown away.

It was very different from what I was used to with those of the present day church, and I was really desirous and envious of what they had. I wanted it so badly for myself.

It was only a dream for me at the time, but I'm very happy to say that God had made my dreams come true, as I've also had the rare privilege of being arrested and beaten for preaching the Gospel of Christ on the streets, however whenever I recollect the experience I don't feel but of regret or shame. Instead I'm filled with joy and pride, because i see it as an high honor indeed to have been able to also suffer some shame for Christ's name and Gospel sake and to partake in the same inexplicable experience and joy of the apostles.

Hence my sharing my experience here and i'm even looking forward to suffering much more and even worse for Christ and His Gospel's sake in the future if God permits, because it would be a great honor indeed because I ain't worthy.

https://www.nairaland.com/6203578/day-faced-police-brutality-preaching/2#95312849

God bless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2022
This is the reason why Jesus said the peace He gave to us was not as that of this world, because such wasn't determined by worldly parameters or feelings but those which were not of this world.

Hence why despite all the persecution, trials, tribulations, and deaths suffered by the church at the time for Christ sake, it couldn't be stopped but kept advancing and marching on strongly, because Jesus had given the church the kind of peace that the world couldn't give to them so the world could not take it away from them!

Therefore whenever you see us rejoicing and celebrating for being arrested and beaten for Christ's sake, you should understand where that came from.

We are rejoicing because our hope, joy, peace etc. were not tied to the things of this world, but that of the Kingdom of God!

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by hopefulLandlord: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2022
Anyone preaching and disturbing our peace better not be reading from a book that contains rubbishes like talking snakes , talking donkeys , a piece of fruit confers knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc.

If you want to talk about these things loudly then go to literature sections of schools and I'm certain you'd be welcome there but out in the world? nah!
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Fallout: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2022
The lord is good…
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Maynmann: 9:17am On Oct 16, 2022
Crying victim now? cheesy

1 Share

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by dumahi(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2022
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by ademidedavid(f): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2022
Go back to the bible for consolation

It's only there you can find the best consolation and the faith to move forward
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by AntiChristian: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2022
Shebi u dey persecute people in christ name too?
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by seunlayi(m): 9:21am On Oct 16, 2022
Music has a soothing and calming power in times of trials and temptations. Music still has that effect today; when I am distressed, listening to music cheers me up, relaxes me, refreshes me, and changes my mood.
This song will help

1.Rejoice in the Lord! Oh, let His mercy cheer;
He sunders the bands that enthrall;
Redeem’d by His blood why should we ever fear
Since Jesus is our “all in all”?

“If God be for us, if God be for us,
If God be for us, who can be against us?
Who? Who? Who?
Who can be against us, against us?”

2.Be strong in the Lord! rejoicing in His might,
Be loyal and true day by day;
When evils assail, be valiant for the right,
And He will be our strength and stay.

3.Confide in His word – His promises so sure;
In Christ they are “yea and amen;”
Though earth pass away, they ever shall endure,
’Tis written o’er and o’er again.

4.Abide in the Lord; secure in His control,
’Tis life everlasting begun;
To pluck from His hand the weakest, trembling soul-
It never, never can be done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by seunlayi(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2022
I MUST TELL JESUS

1.I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and care for His own.

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus will help me, Jesus alone.

2.I must tell Jesus all of my troubles;
He is a kind, compassionate Friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.

3.Tempted and tried, I need a great Saviour,
One Who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus;
He all my cares and sorrows will share.

4.O how the world to evil allures me!
O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the victory to win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by NutritionGuru: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2022
Thanks for this great write up, we should never be discouraged.
Spirit247:
Discouragement is the worst form of Bewitchment against Belivers, because Satan himself and his most high-ranking Demonic Pricipalities are in Charge of Discouragement Warfare and Demonic Doubt Bombardments.

Apostle Joshua Selman said Satan's most important Primary Aim is just 1: to make our CREATOR a Liar in the Life of every Humanbeing. That is why he fights every Believer Tooth and Nail until some Submit and Bow to him just to succed in this Tempoary World, and they forever lost their Right of Immortality, unlike we that have irreversibly Vowed that no kind of Poverty, Temptations, Troubles, Sickness or Trials from Satan would ever discourage us from daily Worshipping, Praising and Pleasing our CREATOR The SOURCE of Life.

In fact, Pure SPIRIT of MESSIAH also used the great Pastor Dr. Olukoya to further help us to understand that Discouragement (as well as Christian Faith-shattering Doubt) are actually Terrific Principalities of Satanic Kingdom. Search YouTube for Mystery of Discouragement. if you want to see how everything was thoroughly Decoded to Help the Body of MESSIAH. The only Saving Grace when the Subtle Principality of Discouragement come, Day and Night like mighty relentless Rushing Flood, is to have been Fed and Filled with Right Scriptures (that Helps to Love our CREATOR far more than this Temporary short life) and to Pray Long in SPIRIT/Tongues.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by seunlayi(m): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2022
1 Upon life’s boundless ocean where mighty billows roll,
I’ve fixed my hope in Jesus, blest anchor of my soul;
When trials fierce assail me as storms are gath’ring o’er,
I rest upon His mercy and trust Him more.

Refrain:
I’ve anchored in Jesus, The storms of life I’ll brave,
I’ve anchored in Jesus, I fear no wind or wave,
I’ve anchored in Jesus for he hath pow’r to save,
I’ve anchored in the Rock of Ages.

2 He keeps my soul from evil and gives me blessed peace,
His voice hath stilled the waters and bid their tumult cease;
My Pilot and Deliv’rer, to Him I all confide,
For always when I need Him, He’s at my side. [Refrain]

3 He is my Friend and Saviour, in him my anchor’s cast.
He drives away my sorrows and shields me from the blast;
By faith I’m looking upward beyond life’s troubled sea,
There I behold a haven prepared for me. [Refrain]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by seunlayi(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2022
1.Master, the tempest is raging!
The billows are tossing high!
The sky is o’ershadowed with blackness,
No shelter or help is nigh:
“Careth not Thou not that we perish?”
How canst Thou lie asleep,
When each moment so madly is threatening
A grave in the angry deep?

“The winds and the waves shall obey My will,
Peace, be still!”
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea,
Or demons, or men, or whatever it be,
No water can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies;
They all shall sweetly obey My will;
Peace, be still! Peace, be still!
They all shall sweetly obey My will:
Peace, peace, be still!

2.Master, with anguish of spirit
I bow in my grief today;
The depths of my sad heart are troubled;
O waken and save, I pray!
Torrents of sin and of anguish
Sweep o’er my sinking soul!
And I perish! I perish, dear Master;
O hasten, and take control!

3.Master, the terror is over,
The elements sweetly rest;
Earth’s sun in the calm lake is mirrored,
And heaven’s within my breast,
Linger, O blessed Redeemer,
Leave me alone no more;
And with joy I shall make the blest harbour,
And rest on the blissful shore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Jokerman(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2022
Of cos... Jesus warned and advise us about persecutions.

Intact the greatest persecution is coming which the Man of Sin will spearhead against believers (Rev 13:7; Dan 7:25), however for the elect sake, the persecution will be cut short, if not, no one will be saved.(Matt 24: 21-22)

After these persecution of the antichrist, we will be raptured to meet with Jesus, holding our harps to reign down the judgement of God on Him and his followers(Rev 15: 1-3)

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by LegalWolf: 9:52am On Oct 16, 2022
See how decent your comment section is. But if Muslims post, many Christians would come to spam it and start saying nonsense.

I hope people learn to respect other’s faith
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by YungTemy(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2022
In All Things Give Thanks... wink
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Streett: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2022
Righteousness2 is always “Glad” when I continuously wipe his skull steady deep into the earth with his favorite double edged Oraimo cord every night for his extreme “Wrong” Teachings & Views…

Maximum Stress to all “self called” prophets claiming ‘God’ called them ..

#Shitty Hussler

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Jokerman(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Anyone preaching and disturbing our peace better not be reading from a book that contains rubbishes like talking snakes , talking donkeys , a piece of fruit confers knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc.

If you want to talk about these things loudly then go to literature sections of schools and I'm certain you'd be welcome there but out in the world? nah!

When will you come back to thr fold?
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Blaqputin(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Woke but stupid

1 Like

Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by hopefulLandlord: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2022
Jokerman:

When will you come back to thr fold?

which fold? a fold where they talk about talking snakes and donkeys? we do that at libraries
Re: What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by Huracan(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Dude don't talk like a brainless chicken

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Crisis In Nigeria. / Who Is Your Spiritual Mother? / An Atheist's Interpretation Of Deuteronomy 25:11-12.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.