Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,670 members, 7,851,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (25823 Views)

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by reddingtonblack: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
infohenry:
Your education is a waste, China did it using the millennium development goal (MDG) that is what he said. Make your own research and stop lazing about, I don't think you have data to watch the video to detect where it was doctored. It is people like you he is trying to save because it is only poverty will make an adult to comment on a video clip without first watching it.

Yeah !! china did it buh Peter obi forgot to mention it took china 40yrs to pull over 800million people out of poverty, so what was he get at considering how he ended

still wondering were Peter got his stat 439million from, another one of his many incoherences .

I am not stupid and foolish like you, i argue with facts, i will advise you bring your facts to defend that liein bastard or shut the fvckup

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by codelearner: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
Why will moderator move this post to FP.

PO was talking about China and India in that speech, not even Nigeria let alone Anambra or himself.

It is we Nigerians that like Leaders that manipulate us, the person that posted this and the moderator that moved it to FP would have used their time to re-verify as the video of the event is online.

Nairaland is becoming tribal and partizan and I don't think it will do good to the owner.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ejimatic: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
pacesetting:
I ask again, did you watch the video or you don't have data. In case you do, I've added the video here again for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMangkVCVYg

. He I said he was able to pull 493 miloins out of poverty .... My questions are How? By what means ? May be he had a slip of tonque.beacuse no Nigerian President can pull 493 millons out of poverty let alone a state governor! I hope I am not missing something anything in what I heard.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SolutionsMed: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter Obi said, "It was through MDGs that China was able to pull 439m people out of poverty. India was able to pull 200m people out of poverty." Your wicked lies and evil propaganda will not work against Peter Obi. Your wicked programmes will backfire against all of you
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

So, he traced the multiplier effect?

Una no just get sense as well.

You don't have sense. See this compound fool abusing someone my friend go and sit down and look for something to do with your life. Keep looking for 30k Npower money.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:
And was it Peter Obi who did it for them? Why was he saying "I won number 1"?

Funny man

But you just said you watched the full video now?

Nowhere did Obi make claims to "doing anything for China."

If he talked about being number 1 in anything, he was most likely referring to developments he made in Anambra State himself, because yeah, he took Anambra State to a lot of top positions in the country.

But as regards to the 439 million people being pulled out of poverty, he was talking about China, and there are factual international reports backing that up.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by FKseun(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
This video has been doctored!!! He said China removed 439 people from poverty!
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SolutionsMed: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter Obi was referring to China and India and the MDGs. Paid evil propagandists at work.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Cherrybae(f): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
infohenry:
I am only reply you because you said you are obidient, so you did not see that video was doctored. This is what he said " it was the MDG that china use to 439 million people out of poverty. The distorted the china in the video. They have nothing on him bro.

Even at that, is China population upto 439million.

Obi should rest and stop talking. Is not by force to hold microphone.

Its hard to defend this lie.

Always dishing out wrong figures and statistics

You cant defend this one at all.

Haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SolutionsMed: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter Obi was referring to China and India and the MDGs. Paid evil propagandists at work.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Peppysco: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
Otunba Lamba on the beat again. But then, if this man claimed to have pulled such number of people out of poverty, the question then remains, what exactly is Nigeria's population?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by femicyrus(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
IDENNAA:

Shut up you miserable tribal zombie...what else would you say. I love your pains and sorrows....you cant lie your way to the presidency
You seems to be frustrated that obi was caught pants down.
Hove you even watched the video you posted.?

One thing I've learnt from obi is that once you hear "go and verify" just know that the information in question is a big lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:

You so called obedient are just appointment to celebral discussion, even if Peter obi was referring to china, no individual in china pulled 439million people out of poverty.

The last pull out as at 2021 sef naa 90+ million and hope you know china has over 1billion population.

If it took china 40yrs to pull 800million out of poverty how feasible is it for one man to pull 439million out of poverty.

Una go wan defend but most of you are very lazy to educate yourselves. however Peter Obi lied

You didnt see or hear when he said because china and india followed through with the millennium development goals in their national planning they were able to pull people out of poverty? He never said he will pull millions out of poverty in 8 years, he said he will streamline the millennium development goals with his administration agenda to do what he can within 8 years. But I know you are mischievous. I didnt come here to argue with you because you have a daft brain, but came here to dispel the lies and propaganda you wish to spread. Everyone who is on Nairaland can go on youtube and twitter to watch the full video, to see how you, your family and everybody who aligns with your thinking wants to mislead Nigerians.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Greatex90: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
Oboy yeeeehhh grin grin grin grin grin
If he said this, I won't vote for him again

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Villa12(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Amumaigwe:

You must be very mischievous. Play the whole video from beginning. He certainly was neither referring to himself nor Nigeria. Try harder.
Peter Obi is cursed by APGA bro
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SolutionsMed: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Cherrybae:

Haba

China is 1.4 billion peoples. China has now pulled over 700 million out of poverty. Peter Obi in Kaduna was referring to China and India and the MDGs. Paid evil propagandists at work.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by reddingtonblack: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Period007:

He was actually talking about china

Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMangkVCVYg

Then he still lied, china pulled 800million people out of poverty not 439million, ... and it took china 40yrs do the maths.

check my other comment for attached fact
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

You don't have sense. See this compound fool abusing someone my friend go and sit down and look for something to do with your life. Keep looking for 30k Npower money.

E pain am cheesy

All of you go get sense after election day. In fact, as soon as results start trickling in, una go wise up.

No be only multiplier effect, you go soon see Obituary effect.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by KGD10: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

But you just said you watched the entire full video now?

Nowhere did Obi make claims to "doing anything for China."

If he talked about being number 1 in anything, he was most likely referring to developments he made in Anambra State himself, because yeah, he took Anambra State to a lot of top positions in the country.

But as regards to the 439 million people being pulled out of poverty, he was talking about China, and there are factual international reports backing that up.

That was what he said. He said I won number 1, then connected it with China before saying was able to pull 439 million out of poverty. Lol.

Well, he's got no achievement.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Spandau:

This lamba is getting unbearable. Can someone call this man to order?

This is a doctored video. Chai God don catch una he was talking about how China was able to lift 439 million people out of poverty. This is a clear example of disinformation
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Timmi: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
I was able to move 439 million people out of poverty” - Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEDTiuOmTQ

Video link:

https://twitter.com/DivinelyAided/status/1582708693858410496

More than the population of Nigeria. If you believe this man Obi, then get ready for him to sell you the second Niger bridge as he will claim that it’s his personal property
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Cherrybae:

Haba
China is above 1 billion, and they moved 800million out of povery for the past 40 years. Do your research before you type or argue nonsense. 439million was within the period of the MDGs
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Timmi:

More than the population of Nigeria. If you believe this man Obi, then get ready for him to sell you the second Niger bridge as he will claim that it’s his personal property
Brain dead human beings on nairaland
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SolutionsMed: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
ejimatic:
. He I said he was able to pull 493 miloins out of poverty .... My questions are How? By what means ? May be he had a slip of tonque.beacuse no Nigerian President can pull 493 millons out of poverty let alone a state governor! I hope I am not missing something anything in what I heard.

Peter Obi was referring to China and India and the MDGs. Paid evil propagandists at work. Ignore them and consider the issue he is raising
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by CheapHomes1: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis0147:
I’m obident but I think is high time this man stop dishing out figures...he should talk less please.

The audio isn't clear but I don't think he was talking about himself
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

This is a doctored video. Chai God don catch una he was talking about how China was able to lift 439 million people out of poverty. This is a clear example of disinformation

China lifted 439 million people out of poverty?

When? In this world?

Lamba!!!
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by CheapHomes1: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
Timmi:

Did you hear him in the video say he pulled 400m people out of poverty?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:

That was what he said. He said I won number 1, then connected it with China before saying was able to pull 439 million out of poverty. Lol.

Well, he's got no achievement.
You sure say you go school at all, because reasoning and comprehension is hard for you. How will you watch the full video and end up with this explanation marvels me.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Masterclass32: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
Having nothing concrete on PO, they've resorted to manipulation and lies to taint the man. It was obvious he was talking about how china pulled people out of poverty.

And nairaland didn't disappoint, quickly pushed it to frontpage.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
I was able to move 439 million people out of poverty” - Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEDTiuOmTQ

Video link:

https://twitter.com/DivinelyAided/status/1582708693858410496

Dude please stop misleading people. I listened to the video many times. He made reference to China lifting 439 million people out of poverty. The guys edited the video and increased the speech speed just to paint the narrative that he said he lifted 439 million people out of poverty.

Chai God don catch una wella.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Villa12(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lol
codelearner:

Why will moderator move this post to FP.

PO was talking about China and India in that speech, not even Nigeria let alone Anambra or himself.

It is we Nigerians that like Leaders that manipulate us, the person that posted this and the moderator that moved it to FP would have used their time to re-verify as the video of the event is online.

Nairaland is becoming tribal and partizan and I don't think it will do good to the owner.
LOl

Seun is one of the top blogger we have in Nigeria. You don't tell him what to do and what not to do with his platform

If you aren't satisfied then you take a walk

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

El Rufai Receives Malian President On First Day In Office (Photos) / Precious Chikwendu ‘Attempted To Withdraw Money’ From Account Under Watch – EFCC / How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.