Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (25862 Views)

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Bontafa: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
Villa12:
Peter Obi is cursed by APGA bro

Corn robot
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Ance4Liverpool: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
Very cheap propaganda, make una bring another one.

Obidient is better than sacrifice hoo-ha
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by KGD10: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
ysth:

You sure say you go school at all, because reasoning and comprehension is hard for you. How will you watch the full video and end up with this explanation marvels me.

Na you no go school na. Didn't your Obi say he won number 1 before linking it to China? You dey mad?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

China lifted 439 million people out of poverty?

When? In this world?

Lamba!!!

Do your research dumbo, you have google at your disposal not only nairaland. I wonder how people dont even research before typing rubbish
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Ddokie: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Bamz:

Are you even serious? I've watched the clip a couple of times. If he made a mistake, that's totally fine. You don't know me mate lol.

My friend go and look for the video and watch. There was no mistake. The video the silly op posted made no sense. And you neutrally agreed he was correct.

The link to the main video is all over the internet and on nl. To help you the man said China use mdg to pull 439m people out of poverty.

Me neutral.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ElSudani: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter Obi only needs to open his mouth and the lies just come out on their own.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by infohenry(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Cherrybae:

Even at that, is China population upto 439million.

Obi should rest and stop talking. Is not by force to hold microphone.

Its hard to defend this lie.

Always dishing out wrong figures and statistics

You cant defend this one at all.

Haba
Sorry I thought I was speaking to someone reasonable, my bad. China population is 1.4 billion at least your 5mb data can open Google if it cannot watch the video. That is worldbank and UNICEF backed data he gave you. Go and verify.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:
That was what he said. He said I won number 1, then connected it with China before saying was able to pull 439 million out of poverty. Lol.

Well, he's got no achievement.

smiley It is on you if you'll choose not to see the facts before you, but will rather choose to go on conflating issues.

I have done my bit by telling you the information and it's out here available to whoever is honest enough to judge and believe. For the very fact that you said he's got no achievement is all the clue I need to bow out of this.

He won number one in what? What exactly did he win number one in, before making reference to China?

The ORIGINAL video of that his speech in Kaduna is splashed everywhere on this thread. Go through it and reflect on his points to educate yourself, if you will.

Have a nice evening.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
SolutionsMed:
Peter Obi said, "It was through MDGs that China was able to pull 439m people out of poverty. India was able to pull 200m people out of poverty." Your wicked lies and evil propaganda will not work against Peter Obi. Your wicked programmes will backfire against all of you

Thank you for the sharp observation. I listened to the video, what they did was they cleverly doctored the video and increased the speed to make it seem like he said he lifted 439million people out of poverty
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by IDENNAA(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Cherrybae:

Haba

What a ddummb bitchhh....lol

China is over a billion in population....chai
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lol, opposition has resorted to propaganda and character defamation.

It won't still save them. grin cheesy
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by CheapHomes1: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Cherrybae:

Haba

Wow...you don't even know the population of china and you are trying to pick a fight and prove a point on something you have no idea about
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by DenreleDave(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
more pains to u.. grin grin grin
begoniaa:

At least you admitted, albeit indirectly, to your lying tactics and propaganda tools.

I love me an honest urchin. grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

China lifted 439 million people out of poverty?

When? In this world?

Lamba!!!

Oga check the stats and stop being stupid, you have lost the plot to disinform people and malign Peter Obi
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:

Na you no go school na. Didn't your Obi said he won number 1 before linking it to China? You dey mad?
Number 1 in MDGs amongst states in Nigeria, number 1 in education. Do your research, ask google. Dont be a dumbo, since you claim you went to school, abi you dont have data, or never accessed the internet?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by KGD10: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

smiley It is on you if you'll choose not to see the facts before you, but will rather choose to go on conflating issues.

I have done my bit by telling you the information and it's out here available to whoever is honest enough to judge and believe. For the very fact that you said he's got no achievement is all the clue I need to bow out of this.

He won number one in what? What exactly did he win number one in, before making reference to China?

The ORIGINAL video is splashed everywhere on this thread. Go through it and reflect on his points to educate yourself.

Have a nice evening.

I have seen the original and that was what he said. He said he won number 1 and then linked it to China while saying it was able to move 439 mill out of poverty. What's the correlation?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by IDENNAA(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
infohenry:
Sorry I thought I was speaking to someone reasonable, my bad. China population is 1.4 billion at least your 5mb data can open Google if it cannot watch the video. That world and UNICEF backed data he gave you. Go and verify.

By now you would know the manner of people who support Tinubu....dummies
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Ddokie: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:
This video seems heckly doctored and taken out of context.

Nothing was taken out of context. It is a fraudulent video. This is the lowest nairaland can go.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Villa12(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
Bontafa:

Corn robot
Obi is a known thief, an IPOB man, terrorist sympathizer, and a perpetual lier who lie for a living

He was cursed by APGA grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by pacesetting: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
I see your moniker is someone from one of my best movies of all times. So I expect you to be reasonable. Before I got convinced about Obi's candidacy, I took enough time to research and follow him accordingly. He is someone that doesn't say something without carrying out a research on it.

To answer your question, China's President Xi Jingping, has been in power since 2012. When he came in, China's poverty level was 49.2% (using US $5.5 per day). But today, the level has been cut to 15%. China's population is nearly 1.5 billion. Now, do the math.

reddingtonblack:

You so called obedient are just appointment to celebral discussion, even if Peter obi was referring to china, no individual in china pulled 439million people out of poverty.

The last pull out as at 2021 sef naa 90+ million and hope you know china has over 1billion population.

If it took china 40yrs to pull 800million out of poverty how feasible is it for one man to pull 439million out of poverty.

Una go wan defend but most of you are very lazy to educate yourselves. however Peter Obi lied

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

E pain am cheesy

All of you go get sense after election day. In fact, as soon as results start trickling in, una go wise up.

No be only multiplier effect, you go soon see Obituary effect.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you people don't know how to play propaganda. You think by cleverly doctoring someone's speech you can malign him. we need to even report that video on YouTube so that it is taken down.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by CheapHomes1: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
tsdarkside:

he meant china....??
i didnt saw the ol video....

and what makes him think china model would work in nigeria....??

What makes you think china model won't work in Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by KGD10: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
ysth:

Number 1 in MDGs amongst states in Nigeria, number 1 in education. Do your research, ask google. Dont be a dumbo, since you claim you went to school, abi you dont have data, or never accessed the internet?

How did China lifting 439 Millions out of poverty entered into the mdgs? Lol.. someone who couldn't even grow his state revenue.

You're the Dumbo who swallow up rubbish.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by reddingtonblack: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

https://www.unicef.cn/en/press-releases/united-nations-hails-china-progress-towards-mdgs-final-report#:~:text=Highlights%20of%20China%27s%20progress%20in,population%20without%20sustainable%20access%20to

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2022/04/01/lifting-800-million-people-out-of-poverty-new-report-looks-at-lessons-from-china-s-experience

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2015-10/16/content_36826711.htm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/56213271.amp

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/opinion/2016-08/16/content_26495580.htm

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-04/06/c_139862741.htm

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-15-6540-3_2

You can alternatively Google 'China lifts 439 million people out of poverty' for more in-depth and factual reports.

The major problem with Obi and his olodo children is that they cram alot hence the incoherences, they don't read to understand la cram la pour.

There is no time china lifted 439million, the fact state china pull 800million people out of poverty in 40yrs, so do the maths or simply direct us to link 439million gangan were lifted by who ??

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Wow...you don't even know the population of china and you are trying to pick a fight and prove a point you have no idea about
The guy is uneducated, a clown and a slowpoke. Someone who saw the fall walls of a school should have known that china and india are the most populous nations in the world. Both science and art students know this

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
DenreleDave:
more pains to u.. grin grin grin

Lie all you want. We're clear. We've got the upper hand in this war of narratives.

Sweetest thing? We don't have to DOCTOR anything to attack Tinubu. Man does himself by his own hands and foolish speeches and slips of tongue, lmao. grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

Oga check the stats and stop being stupid, you have lost the plot to disinform people and malign Peter Obi

E pain am the idiotic Obidunce!!!

I asked when?

It took China 40 YEARS to take 800 million. I was not even born when it began.

Lamba!!!
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:

Na you no go school na. Didn't your Obi say he won number 1 before linking it to China? You dey mad?

Dude go and rest. Your plan has failed. Una no even sabi doctor video self now you are trying to save face. If you have any shame just shut up
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by IDENNAA(m): 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:

I have seen the original and that was what he said. He said he won number 1 and then linked it to China while saying it was able to move 439 mill out of poverty. What's the correlation?

Abeg, shut up. Suddenly, you cant understand simply English. He was clearly speaking about China using MDG goals and linked it to what he achieved in Anambra
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2022
ysth:
The guy is uneducated, a clown and a slowpoke. Someone who saw the fall walls of a school should have known that china and india are the most populous nations in the world. Both science and art students know this

Na today you just know say urchinas Nugget Sense? grin grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by MonkeyMods(m): 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

A typical example of Obidunce.

He doesn't concern you if he is incompetent.

Typical example of agbado parasite. It doesn't concern you if he's always high on drugs
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by MonkeyMods(m): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
manyus:

What is this Monkey saying?!! grin

What's this monkey father saying grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Ganduje Has Already Lost 2019 Election, Kwankwaso Tells Tinubu / Buhari Has Created 12 Million Jobs In Agric Sector Alone - Lai Mohammed / Charles Soludo's Inaugural Address As Anambra State Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.