Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,079 members, 7,852,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:28 PM

Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (25866 Views)

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by infohenry(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

The stupid boy thinks he is smart he only brought data between 2019 and 2020 where 90million were pulled out of poverty
Too much is happening here to bring Obi down with the total support of moderators and Seun but we must continue to shame them, let their candidate quote Lagos statistics first let us see.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by GHOSTTALK: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
How come it's today after 48 hours that we now hearing......arise.. channels...tvc...etc did not notice the error ba?? If it's coming from tinubu I will go.. oh..! yeah.! Tinubu... but for a brain as big as obi's come on...look for something else.. it's ok to misplace figures and if he actually said that which is one out of tinubus multiple miss yan ...then it's fine by me

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by bignews2020: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
This OP is really evil. He should be banned. I so move.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Joniww(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
I was able to move 439 million people out of poverty” - Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEDTiuOmTQ

Video link:

https://twitter.com/DivinelyAided/status/1582708693858410496
why are u guys make this man popular.. why
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by jazon(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
infohenry:
Here from UNICEF

Once you're hated. They'll always find faults
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

He was talking about India and China.

it will still make no sense....
he is not updated....

after covid many are strugglin in the entire world....

the guy mumu joor....
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by infohenry(m): 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:

Between 1990 and 2011 is 15yrs ... so what is peter obi getting at, how does it relate to us? with the double rate inflation do Nigerians have the luxury of time to wait 8years not to mention 15yrs.

Nigeria needs emergency rescue and someone is talking whAt ??
Now the tune has changed, in the video he said that Nigeria miss their target. Your problem is not what he said but hate, purge yourself of that and you make sound judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
zionstaar75:
I'm supporting him but this very silly talk 439million people from where?am rolling on the floor with laughter. He doesnt always reel out figures nah?how e wan take explain this one abeg?he fall my hand o.he better reduce this figure dropping before he gets us all embarrassed. Omo this one tire me
Read through the thread before you start laughing at Obi rather than laughing at the dumb OP who posted misleading videos here. Or still yet go to youtube and watch the full video

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
obi has already lost....
na over sabi nigerians you wan convince like this....??

politics is not church congregations....
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Anigreat: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
cheesy

At this point, this man need help

shocked

Your doctored fake post had been bursted and removed from front page. You'll keep on disgracing yourself while Obi keep winning.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Mayeldah(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nevertheless, we are still voting for Obi/Datti

This one is better than the drug lord that speaks incoherently and pee-poos on himself grin grin

I guess that was a slip of the tongue

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:

Between 1990 and 2011 is 15yrs ... so what is peter obi getting at, how does it relate to us? with the double rate inflation do Nigerians have the luxury of time to wait 8years not to mention 15yrs.

Nigeria needs emergency rescue and someone is talking whAt ??
No emergency can do magic for Nigeria. Growth takes time, but destruction can happen in seconds.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Rebuke: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2022
post=117695301:
The video was doctored watch the original video through this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGP-pfW6oXs

Under Peter Obi's administration National Poverty Eradication Programme(NAPEP) rated Anambra State as lowest in poverty in Nigeria

For the idiots here believing this big lie, watch the video. Obi didn't claim to lift 439million people out of poverty.

He was making reference to MDG goal and how he was able to also lift certain numbers of people out of poverty using the same system.

I can't believe I watched this whole video. Wow!

For all of yhu spewing trash here, go and watch that video to the end first.

Shame no dey catch yhu urchins. Seriously, for the first time in Nigeria history we have a candidate so passionate and campaigning around real issue Nigeria needs to deal with.

If yhu vote either ATIKU Or Tinubu in the coming election, there's a serious madness in yhur head.......cover your faces in shame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Joniww(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
Period007:

He was actually talking about china

Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMangkVCVYg
Diligent1 unedited video grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ysth(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
Timmi:

And you are the headmaster of ObiZombies
Yes I be headmaster wey sabi. No propaganda will fall through. This is not 2015. If you think you are mad, we obidients, zombies, Obi supporters or whatever you call us, will show you there are levels to this madness

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
BATified2023:
Make them first ask him d population of Nigeria

The best way to embarrass peter obi is to give him microphone

At this rate peter obi is going with lies,if his lies are channeled to electricity generation Nigeria will have light 248

He said in the full video, “It was MDG (Millennium Development Goals) that China mainstream into their development agenda and was able to pull 439 million people out of poverty.

Don’t be stupid, go watch the full video

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
lhordspy:
Me to Peter obi:

''lie lie everyday....You no dey hear word"

He said in the full video, “It was MDG (Millennium Development Goals) that China mainstream into their development agenda and was able to pull 439 million people out of poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
that he even dares to use china example to compare nigeria shows how slow he is....
are nigerians even ready to go the harsh situation that china went through to get where they are today....??
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Eriokanmi: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:

Tbh I didn't even hear what he mentioned tbh. I was only talking from your premises.

All I heard was "I won number 1" with mgd bla bla bla with China and was able to pull 439mil out of poverty. Was he saying China implemented his idea to pull 439 mill of their people out of poverty or used the idea to help to pull 439mil Nigerians out of poverty. I can't understand TBH. Anyway, everything na lamba!

here's the fact check grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7391251/fact-check-peter-obi-never
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Rebuke: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Thanks yhu! Can yhu imagine the level of the stupidity of these nonsense urchin?

They are so so dull.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:
The major problem with Obi and his olodo children is that they cram alot hence the incoherences, they don't read to understand la cram la pour.

There is no time china lifted 439million, the fact state china pull 800million people out of poverty in 40yrs, so do the maths or simply direct us to link 439million gangan were lifted by who ??

Welcome. Took you long enough to attempt to string this weak ass rebuttal.

I posted about five to six links for you up there. One of them mentioned the 439 million figure.

Let's do a quick addition: the screenshot you posted says in the last 40 years, China has lifted 800 million people out of poverty. That means they started their
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=China%27s+poverty+reduction+strategy+since+1978&oq=china&aqs=chrome.1.69i59l2j46i433i512j0i3i512j69i60.2467j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8]reduction of poverty strategy[/url] around 1978.

It is a cumulative effect, happening in phases.

Obviously, the 439 million people being lifted out of poverty is a milestone mark for 15 years (1990-2011), out of the total 40 years (1978 - 'til date). The 439 figure was VALID as at 2011 (but generally reported in 2016).

And from 2013 to 2016, another 40 million people were lifted (this was reported in 2019).

As at 2019 to 2021, it has increased to a hundred million people.

There are many more of these significant figures and hits for previous years undecided.

Add all the numbers I've mentioned here together: 439 + 100 + 40 (from 1990 - 2022) and you have 579 million people. And this thing has been in effect since 1978, so there you have the rest of the figures that round it up to 800 million people.

So brother, kayperry, in your deep wealth of knowledge, you do not think that for 800 million people to be lifted out of poverty, you go fess lift pass 400 million people? Abi you no go reach 400 before 800?

And before I forget, your initial claim was that: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ONE MAN TO LIFT 40% OF A POPULATION OUT OF POVERTY.

So, let me get this, do you now believe that China has been able to do that or not?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Cmanforall: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
Afamed:

Do not be silly, what is the population of Nigeria that he took 439m Nigerians out of poverty?
Listen to the full video... or at least the beginning of that statement. He was talking about China.
If the opposition cannot make campaigns, they should stay away from doctoring video clips of Obi.
This is total misinformation

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

You don't have sense at all. If you have small shame you will shut up. it is glaring that the video was cleverly doctored the part where he mentioned China was increased in speed to make it seem that he was talking about himself. Guy we don big pass this game of disinformation. try something else or better go and work do something reasonable with your life.

Mumu. Does Obi lie compulsively or not? Simple yes or no? The man is a pathological liar and coward. We are only having this conversation because you clannish Igbos are so excited about the thought of an IPOB President you are not even scrutinising the character of Obi.

He is the worst Igbo option possible. Kalu, Umahi, Okorocha,Nnamani and so many others are better than him. Even Kanu is better. He may be a terrorist but he still has more balls than coward Obi.

Yet it is a measure of the clannish nature of Igbos that you have all now turned defender and apologists for Obi's fart. He cannot be President. Support Tinububso your life can be better. cool
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by reddingtonblack: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
infohenry:
Here is the fact pulled from UNICEF site, can you now please shut up and learn.

Oga you have forgotten what you said,

"To answer your question, China's President Xi Jingping, has been in power since 2012. When he came in, China's poverty level was 49.2% (using US $5.5 per day). But today, the level has been cut to 15%. China's population is nearly 1.5 billion. Now, do the math"[color=#990000][/color]

You just contradicted unicef, btw 1990 and 2011 china witness four president meaning thats a four men achievement, once again i ask what is Peter obi getting at

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SenatePresdo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
Healthquest:

This guy will lied dat he has built refineries in ur state oo.
He will lie for the Chinese and they will crush u guys.
He will not govern and has to lie his way up.he is worst than ATIKU at this point.im not even voting him again

Were you planning to vote for him before?

I've confirmed that the video is fake.

And that he made mistake with figures, doesn't necessarily mean he's lying.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:

You so called obedient are just disappointment to celebral discussion, even if Peter obi was referring to china, no individual in china pulled 439million people out of poverty.

The last pull out as at 2021 sef naa 90+ million and hope you know china has over 1billion population.

If it took china 40yrs to pull 800million out of poverty how feasible is it for one man to pull 439million out of poverty.

Una go wan defend but most of you are very lazy to educate yourselves. however Peter Obi lied

that what he always says makes sense to them realy baffles me....
china achieved that,how....??

do they even bother to check what somebody says....??
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Villa12(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
Bontafa:

But which person yansh dey leak na,

Obi or Asiwaju?
Adaobi husband has flown to France Nwanne

Obi Pandora was cursed by APGA
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SenatePresdo(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
2Radii:
I like u very well

Even when u know that the person talking to u is giving u lamba, but u re still interested grin

I just found out that the video was doctored, but I actually found it very funny.

If you listen carefully, the video was paused and played where he said "was able to pull 439 million out of poverty" he didn't say, I was able to pull. He said China was able to pull.. But una cut the China part and started with "was able to pull"

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mayeldah:
I guess that was a slip of the tongue

Nope, it wasn't. It's a doctored video. Obi can make mistakes with numbers sometimes, but not this one.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Illegal1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
amaridigital:

Lai Mohammed ke, dat one dey for kindergarten class wey Obi dey. Obi na professor of lies.

ah swear..,
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
Villa12:
Adaobi husband has flown to France Nwanne

Obi Pandora was cursed by APGA

oo yeah....that apga legacy is their too....
obi completly rubbised ojukwus efforts....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers / Buhari Hails “chief Amaechi” For Abuja Railway Completion. / Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Aregbesola Absent At APC Rally For Ondo 2016 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.