Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,932 members, 7,852,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (25863 Views)

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Slynation(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

What's offing you about a fake video?
Yea...I just realized
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by reddingtonblack: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

Welcome. Took you long enough to attempt to string this weak ass rebuttal.

I posted about five to six links for you up there. One of them mentioned the 439 million figure.

Let's do a quick addition: the screenshot you posted says in the last 40 years, China has lifted 800 million people out of poverty. That means they started their
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=China%27s+poverty+reduction+strategy+since+1978&oq=china&aqs=chrome.1.69i59l2j46i433i512j0i3i512j69i60.2467j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8]reduction of poverty strategy[/url] around 1978.

It is a cumulative effect, happening in phases.

Obviously, the [url=https://www.unicef.cn/en/press-releases/united-nations-hails-china-progress-towards-mdgs-final-report#:~:text=Highlights%20of%20China's%20progress%20in,population%20without%20sustainable%20access%20to]439 million people[/url] being lifted out of poverty is a milestone mark for 15 years (1990-2011), out of the total 40 years (1978 - 'til date). The 439 figure was VALID as at 2011 (but generally reported in 2016).

And from 2013 to 2016, another 40 million people were lifted.

As at 2019 to 2021, it has increased to a hundred million people.

There are many more of these significant figures and hits for previous years undecided.

Add all the numbers I've mentioned here together: 439 + 100 + 40 (from 1990 - 2022) and you have 579 million people. And this thing has been in effect since 1978, so there you have the rest of the figures that round it up to 800 million people.

So brother, kayperry, in your deep wealth of knowledge, you do not think that for 800 million people to be lifted out of poverty, you go fess lift pass 400 million people? Abi you no go reach 400 before 800?

And before I forget, your initial claim was that: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ONE MAN TO LIFT 40% OF A POPULATION OUT OF POVERTY.

So, let me get this, do you now believe that China has been able to do that or not?

Between 1990 and 2011 china witness four president to pull 439million ...

Yeah! its M.I for one man .. considering the numbers of president china had between 1999 and 2011 what is Peter Obi getting at ??

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by blancsn1: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Look at this fool, when Igbo have been calling Tinubu peepee pupeee thief n all sort. You de mad for this senseless comment.

Sunnyja:
Calling someone "foolish bastard" because of politics is to going to the extreme. Same thing you all did to GEJ because you wanted Buhari on seat by fire by force, today how far. You and your likes have lost their voices you were all using in shouting "Sai baba and APC change in 2014!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Bigchristo: 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
Beverlyjean:

Peter obi has been an international business man for decades...everything doesn't start and end in Nigeria
we know he is an international business man, But we are literally discussing about Nigeria politics not abroad.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
cc: kayperry
reddingtonblack
bodaweymumu

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Tellwhat: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2022
DenreleDave:
!d!00t, if it was tinubu, u will be begging the mod to move to front page

una go cry tire

grin grin grin
Ogun kee you there. Oloriburku

Na you and yours go cry tire. Omo ale
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Tellwhat: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
seunH:
Even if he said so, people don't understand that PO does not have business enterprises capable of lifting people off poverty only in Nigeria. He has ventures across Africa, so I feel he is onpoint
My brother this doesn't make sense

Not even bill gate can boast of doing that talkless of Peter Obi

Let's not support our aspirants blindly. But with facts

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2022
Tellwhat:

Its a doctored video

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by kellyzaf(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2022
madridguy:
You need to rewatch the clip bro.

Hope u ve seen the original clip now bro, go back and watch it now
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:
Between 1990 and 2011 china witness four president to pull 439million ...

Yeah! its M.I for one man .. considering the numbers of president china had between 1999 and 2011 what is Peter Obi getting at ??

You no get talk again.

The "one man" you're inserting into this must be the dagbana wey you dey smoke for garage at play. grin grin

Obi said, and I paraphrase, "China was able to pull 439 million people out of poverty (with the aid of the MDGs).

What's M.I for one man? Who is talking about hip hop abi rap with you?

What Obi was getting at is how the MDGs are a perfect blueprint for (national) development.

Oh, and do you now agree that he was right with the figures and China has successfully been able to do something like that, as opposed to you claiming it was impossible before? Do you? tongue
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by kellyzaf(m): 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
Tellwhat:

Is a doctored video bro, nairaland hv the real video clip now u can watch it and hear what he said.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by jmoore(m): 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
The stupid mod hasn't deleted this fake news. Tinubu mumu boys.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:
The stupid boy thinks he is smart he only brought data between 2019 and 2020 where 90million were pulled out of poverty

W*rey ol*fo ni gbogbo won.

Tinubu's urchins are useless. All of them! grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2022
tsdarkside:
it will still make no sense....
he is not updated....

after covid many are strugglin in the entire world....

the guy mumu joor....

What exactly does not make sense in what he said, abi you have not seen the screenshots and reputable links flying upandan? undecided
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
I was able to move 439 million people out of povertyā€¯ - Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEDTiuOmTQ

Video link:

https://twitter.com/DivinelyAided/status/1582708693858410496
you should be ban for ever for this terrible lie. Go back and listen again your self ediot
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
candidtalk:

Mumu. Does Obi lie compulsively or not? Simple yes or no? The man is a pathological liar and coward. We are only having this conversation because you clannish Igbos are so excited about the thought of an IPOB President you are not even scrutinising the character of Obi.

He is the worst Igbo option possible. Kalu, Umahi, Okorocha,Nnamani and so many others are better than him. Even Kanu is better. He may be a terrorist but he still has more balls than coward Obi.

Yet it is a measure of the clannish nature of Igbos that you have all now turned defender and apologists for Obi's fart. He cannot be President. Support Tinububso your life can be better. cool

Oga you are fighting a losing battle. Just shut the hell up. All this beautiful nonsense is just your envy brewing up nothing more. There are ways to kill yourself. Drink Cement water it is faster.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by DenreleDave(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
Tellwhat:

Ogun kee my father and mother plus all my siblings there. Oloriburku ni familly mi

Na me and my family go cry tire. Omo ale ni baba mi ati emi

grin grin grin grin grin grin

fixed for you and your family
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
@Seun, nlfpmod, Mynd44 So this thread has not been closed and the OP banned? What happened to rule 7&8?

We're seeing it. Make them continue. smiley
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2022
tsdarkside:

he meant china....??
i didnt saw the ol video....

and what makes him think china model would work in nigeria....??

1.He suggested using the millenium development goals...which ultimately is more of a UN thing than a China thing

2.Something that China does that we should do is start manufacturing...small, then big. Oil money, even if our leaders were as honest as the angels, won't be enough for all of us.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by zionstaar75: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

Oga it was china that 439 million people were pulled out of poverty. These guys doctored the video he never said he lifted 439 million people.
OK I didn't know the video was doctored.thats bad now
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Tellwhat: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
DenreleDave:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

fixed for you and your family
Oponu for your mind now you dey catch cruise

Denrele wannabe
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Shikini: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
Whiteshield:

Just look at these lying fools. One said it is China, the other idiot said it is India. grin

Shebi you cannot afford data to watch the video yourself or you do not understand English?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
Bigchristo:
I am Obidient but this speech is over exaggerated, Nigeria is not up to 439 millions Abeg where him for see this figures?

I hope you've gotten the correct info now?

It's a fake video.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Whiteshield:
Just look at these lying fools. One said it is China, the other idiot said it is India. grin

He mentioned both India and China. And even Vietnam.

Donk*y. undecided
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by bluefilm: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
Salewa97:

Don't you see the video of him saying it?

Or are you deaf and blind?

You think you are not blind and deaf but it's obvious you've never heard of something called deepfake.

But that apart, a sign of being a conscious and mature adult is the ability to think before believing whatever you see or hear.

There are certain statements you hear, and your first thought should be "is that even possible?" and not jumping into conclusion immediately like a dumbass_
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by DenreleDave(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
Tellwhat:

My mother na Oponu for her mind now. She dey catch cruise

My mother is a wannabe
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by 2Radii: 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:

I just found out that the video was doctored, but I actually found it very funny.

If you listen carefully, the video was paused and played where he said "was able to pull 439 million out of poverty" he didn't say, I was able to pull. He said China was able to pull.. But una cut the China part and started with "was able to pull"
tho I am not in obi camp, but person wey do am dey mad

I hate nonsense

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Quenncee: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
BATified2023:
Make them first ask him d population of Nigeria

The best way to embarrass peter obi is to give him microphone

At this rate peter obi is going with lies,if his lies are channeled to electricity generation Nigeria will have light 248

He said people not Nigerian. Simple English you don't understand.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
infohenry:
Too much is happening here to bring Obi with total support of moderators and Seun but we must continue to shame them, let their candidate quote Lagos statistics first let us see.

haha....how about startin with lagos before going soo far as china....

lagos,the london of igbos....
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by CityHitz: 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
DON JAZZY IS IN SUPPORT OF OBI
LISTEN TO THE MUSIC BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0riV8dT52M
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by tsdarkside(m): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

What exactly does not make sense in what he said, abi you have not seen the screenshots and reputable links flying upandan? undecided

look,if you cant imagine how many people is that in that numbers,then its pointless arguein with you....

we have not even settled what poor level means sef....
chinese workers still dont earn that much like in western nations....

and you work like craze....
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
tsdarkside:
look,if you cant imagine how many people is that in that numbers,then its pointless arguein with you....

In other words, UNICEF, The World Bank, BBC, Springer, China.org and co. are all lying in your opinion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy / Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers / Man Attempts To Drink Gutter Water In Celebration Of Governor Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.