Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

The True Picture Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Picture Of Nigeria (4614 Views)

Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. / Is This The Present True Picture Of Buhari ? / The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by PTH(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2007
orikinla, pls can you reproduce Sonala's article here pls?
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2007
presido1:

UN made a report sometime last year that Britain is the worst country to train a child in the whole western world they denied it hat the report was old. This shows from the British point of view that the UN report against them is not credible. So why must nigeria accept the report from UN.

Presido 1,
I salute you.

But from the daily staple of Sky News on British kids killing themselves, I will agree with the UN Report.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2007
PTH:

orikinla, please can you reproduce Sonala's article here please?

PTH,
Let me e-mail Mr. Olumhense first before posting it.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by PTH(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2007
Orikinla:

PTH,
Let me e-mail Mr. Olumhense first before posting it.

thank you, i'll appreciate that.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2007
Here is the link to the article on David Mark’s Assets, VP Jonathan’s Tale .

This is a must read for every literate Nigerian who really cares about the sovereignty of Nigeria.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by HolinessM: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2007
What has Mark's assets got to do with the sovereignity of Nigeria?
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Bankole01(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2007
Some like to close their eyes and pretend everything is alright. Soome on the other hand believe because they are doing well, then everyone should be doing well.

The truth is Nigeria has not enable a conducive environment for the collective of the people to be ding well. That is leaving above the poverty level!
The majority of Nigerians wallow in abject poverty. It does not take a trained eye to see the eyesore tha Nigeria has become.
Our streets are not only dirty and ill-maitained, they are littered with beggars of all walks of life and deformities!
Pretend that all is well if you want, it does not negate the fact that the nation has been mis-managed, looted, raped and neglected.
The only upbeat thing in Nigeria is the resilience of the common people who continue to trudge on in spite of the relentless burden of poverty placed on them by the kleptocratic riggers in masquerade!

We have all seen what the schools have become. Unless you have money to send your children to a private school, they are marely warehoused in glorified day cares. With weary unpaid and most times unpaid teachers to supervised overcrowed classes, how can any meaningful learning take place?

The secondary schools have now become a place to groom hoodloms. The tertiary institutions, glorified LovePeddler-houses.
open your eyes and you will see. The past glories of our educational system is a thing of the past. Our road are death traps, while our public hospitals are places to go if you want to die.

We don't need the UN or any other body to tell us what is apparent. As long as we pretend it is unpatriotic to see, speak and hear what behooves us, then we beg for others to come and not only analyse our ills, but to do house cleaning for us as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2007
Bankole,
God bless you for saying the truth.

This is not the Nigeria of my dreams when I was growing up as a child in the 1970s in Obalende, Lagos.

Most of the criminals who have battered Nigeria came from terrible backgrounds and I have a theory that they are looting, because they are not used to the security of prosperity.
What we call Omale in Yoruba.

The Ojoras, Dantatas, Mbanefos, Ibrus, and other highly respected families in Nigeria have been doing their best in industry of nation building since the 1960s to date.
The Okoya-Thomas and Michael Ibru families have enduring legacies.
But these crooks and rogues have no reputable family background.

The Odillis, Iboris, Orji Kalus and Babagindas, Abachas and fellow Omale gangster families do not have any worth family name, so they have no scruples and no shame.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by champredd(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2007
Reason why bad reports against Africa stick on the mind of people is simple. The west controls the international media.

Any report against the west is destroyed by the media and everybody believes in the them. But any negative report about Africa is trumpeted across the world by the same media - double standards par excellence.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2007
champredd:

Reason why bad reports against Africa stick on the mind of people is simple. The west controls the international media.

Any report against the west is destroyed by the media and everybody believes in the them. But any negative report about Africa is trumpeted across the world by the same media - double standards par excellence.

If you can find The Guardian of Nigeria, please read the columnists and contributors and there is nothing alarming in the UNDP report on Nigeria.

The rankings of Nigerian universities in Africa should make us sad. Even the so-called private universities did not fare better than the government universities. And these private universities ask the students to pay more, but they lack the qualified teaching staff.

Nigerians like posing and posturing in arrogance, ignorance and indifference. But as Jesus Christ said, by their fruits you shall know them.

The acquisition of status symbols by the ruling class cannot transform Nigeria into a developed nation.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by naijaking1: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2007
@Orikinla:

The acquisition of status symbols by the ruling class cannot transform Nigeria into a developed nation.

God bless you for this true talk.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by champredd(m): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2007
Orikinla:

The rankings of Nigerian universities in Africa should make us sad. Even the so-called private universities did not fare better than the government universities. And these private universities ask the students to pay more, but they lack the qualified teaching staff.
Who are behind the rankings?

Even the highest ranked African University is around 500 in the world, not all parts of Africa are suffering the same problem as Nigeria.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by HolinessM: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2007
these story tellers are still here?
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Bluestream(m): 12:42am On Aug 30, 2007
My dear Nairalanders,

Let me throw in a little something here that I had written for another purpose, which I think is a valid contribution to this thread.

Call it a peephole into my heart's cry for my country, call it the ranting of an idealist, call it whatever, BUT, when you are done, think about it for a while.

This is what I believe.

We are all a product of the beliefs that we hold to be true.

I do not believe in coincidences; neither do I believe that our lives and destinies are shaped by a series of random, uncoordinated events. I hold strongly that nothing just happens…that the string of events that make up the timeline of life are all divinely orchestrated

I have believed for a long time that our country Nigeria, which also recently became a year older, is the cornerstone of God’s ultimate agenda for the black race. From the foundation of this great country which many people have ignorantly described as the product of colonial political engineering, God’s plans and intentions have implicitly influenced the happenings around us. His unmistakable signature is woven into the fabric of our nationhood; clearly visible to the discerning eye.

I believe that there is a reason why the second stanza of our national anthem is in fact, a prayer. I believe that these lines were divinely inspired. A pointer to the divine antecedents of this country.

These words transcend creed and religion so that their true meaning will not be lost in the religious prejudice that so often rears its head amongst us

[center]O God of Creation, direct our noble cause,
Guide our leaders right.
Help our youth, the truth to know.
In love and honesty to grow.
And living just and true, Great lofty heights attain,
to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.[/center]

And what is this noble cause, some may ask? The answer lies in the last line.

This is the cause for which our founding fathers lived, fought and died.

This is our ‘noble cause’.

The quest for a nation where peace and justice reign supreme.

I ask, are we still on the quest?, when we recite that Anthem and that Pleadge, do we do itwith integrity, or are we just lying to the last person we should lie to, our very own selves?

I beleive that there is yet a remnant in Nigeria, a young, rennaissance oriented generation which is intent on influencing positive change around here,

, my charge to you is this,

We ignore our predecessors to our own loss…, we overlook our antecedents at our own peril because every vision of the future must be predicated on hindsight…. foresight and insight…that we may not repeat the mistakes of the past, nor ignore the challenges of the present. That we may see beyond our present horizons…

I will stop there for now,

Your thoughts please?
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2007
I believe your last post on this topic should conclude the matter.

You have written a good analysis of the Nigerian crisis and the resolution to overcome our challenges and move Nigeria forward.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2011
As Prof. Chinua Achebe said, nothing has really improved in the polity.
In fact, the present administration is worse than that of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Re: The True Picture Of Nigeria by otokx(m): 11:04am On Nov 19, 2011
Story still relevant today but we hope.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Strikes Out Akunyili/Ngige Case For Lack Of Jurisdiction / The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 / Femi Fani-kayode's Friend Threatens To Upload Sex Tapes Of Wife & Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.