Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Pos Transaction Problem - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pos Transaction Problem (19570 Views)

How Can I Recover My Money After A Failed POS Transaction? / Pos Transaction Failed But Account Debited / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by luluosas(m): 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
As a POS operator, stop accepting transfers to your regular account, because it is risky.

But since you said the money came from opay, contact opay and take it up from there

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Akerele44(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
cherishmichael:
This Nigerian banks are not organised oo, can't they use that girl's details to track her!!!.

Bank will just keep telling u to come tomorrow
Since the money is not that huge

Bank see the 40k as small change

I could remember that year i mistakenly sent 70k to a wrong account number

When i went to my bank and complained..they told me to come bk the next day for like 3 days it's was the security man that pitied me and told me to just forget about the money that since the money is not huge they won't answered me and those official i complained to may reverse bk the money to there own personal account without me knowing
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Dshocker(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
yeddy99:
Make a complaint to access bank with proof of transaction.
You were just doing your business as a POS agent.
How were you to know that the customer was not the owner of the account he transferred from?

Where you see Access Bank?

Try dey read.

6 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ahnie: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Streetmovement(m): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

The banking systems in Nigeria is far gone
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Delonn(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
imagine

The bank gave me only her name with no other details,I have messaged all kolawole folake I know on Facebook but I haven’t gotten any reply

Look for any of your friends or relatives that works in any bank, to help you get her details, with her BVN, you should be able to do something.

There was no other details aside d name
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by LuvsBeautifl: 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
I'll advise you email the bank and copy CBN, if possible ICPC and EFCC. State every single detail, what you were told by the bank and your actions. Start from there and please keeps us updated.

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Taeewo(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
This same issue happened to a friend last month , and the bank requested for court order along with your POS certificate( Opay do issue certificate to POS operators ) before the money was released...

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by salam8528: 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
Get her information from the bank na
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by opera1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
urbobo20:
Go to court and police station so that the account can be tag . Why do Ibadan bank behave like Ibadan people. Can't they tell you what to do , imagine 400k for this bubu government

40k and not 400k

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Taeewo(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
Akerele44:

Bank will just keep telling u to come tomorrow
Since the money is not that huge

Bank see the 40k as small change

I could remember that year i mistakenly sent 70k to a wrong account number

When i went to my bank and complained..they told me to come bk the next day for like 3 days it's was the security man that pitied me and told me to just forget about the money that since the money is not huge they won't answered me and those official i complained to may reverse bk the money to there own personal account without me knowing
Court order would have made you retrieve you money.....

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Go to the nearest police station to Lodge the complaint after proceed to the court. Get court affidavit. Get a lawyer. Make sure you go to the head office of the Bank straight along with with your lawyer. You can claim for more money as damages apart the 40k
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Sleekfingers: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Some Nigerian and wickedness.....if the idiot is caught now, will start blaming buhari, hunger and the devil.....thunder fire all fraudsters

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Bfly: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Check her opay account no. If it looks like that of mobile no. Dial it. Sometimes opay automatically gives you your Ph. no. as a/c no.

I hope you can get it from your history.

4 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Afamed: 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peawam:
Just become OBI-dient and YUS-ful to your life by getting your PVC, vote on election day & also protect your vote from BATS or else A ti Ku o!

No sane person will vote your fraudulent Obi

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Oladat(m): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

The document received from the bank is attached below

If the transfer was really from an OPAY account, then the account number is that person's phone number. Just prefix it with a zero.

5 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by pocohantas(f): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zoharariel:
Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Those accounts are the primary accounts of YAHOO BOYS. They are mainly used to divert fraudulent attention away from their mainstream Bank Accounts.

If any of your customers cannot transact with their mainstream Bank Accounts (e.g First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, UBA e.t.c)

Tell them to fvck off - otherwise, you’ll land yourself or your business in big trouble.

If I’m doing any transactions with anybody and the person dares mention OPAY or KUDA, I immediately block them off and tag them scammers.

95% of every Nigerian (especially from this current generation) has an active genome of fraud, scam & wickedness in their DNA.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.

He who has ears…

Anyway, add Access and Polaris. Those two banks have quick accounts that are used by fraudsters.

I wan shop online and vendor give Palmpay account. I go come send money? Na juju? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ayo4dworld(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Go to the bank and report the transaction. It is your bank that should fight for your cause. This is a clear state of Fraud and they should treat it as such with no sentiments attached. Over time bankers don't want to do what they have been employed to do. You shouldn't be suffering for the sins of someone else.

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by backnbeta(f): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
I guess she's trying to scam you. Initiated a transfer only to go and report it again... Nigerians sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Mccullum: 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
urbobo20:
Go to court and police station so that the account can be tag . Why do Ibadan bank behave like Ibadan people. Can't they tell you what to do , imagine 400k for this bubu government

You relate all issues as tools of propaganda for Peethief Obi Pandora, the guy said 20000 twice, you turned it to 400k, No suggestion to the victim on how to get his 40k back.

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by iamsolasoul(f): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
This is part of the reason I issue invoices and receipts because it’s hard to deny a time stamped description of the service I think POS operators should start.

If they transfer to themselves just simply put - Self transfer
If they transfer to other simply put Transfer to other and the bank no need for the number.
If they recharge line - Credit to Mobile line and the last four digits

The Categories should be related to your industry. And you can create new ones that you just select each time for other customers.

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by mcwally: 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
It has happened to me b4 they transfer money from one online bank to my Access bank which i paid to d person but after one week access bank called it fraudulent transfer i was told to refund the money

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by airsaylongcome: 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
iamsolasoul:
This is part of the reason I issue invoices and receipts because it’s hard to deny a time stamped description of the service I think POS operators should start

What software do you use to issue your invoices and Receipts? What Narration do you use as Item description?
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by mabeni(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

The document received from the bank is attached below
the opay account number is the account owner's phone number. Call the number. You will be able to reach her.

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by funkyjaay: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bank can help you get the number the person due get alert and you start from there. And on the flip side of things in business their bad days so just consider is as one
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Follow my advice

Go to efcc office 2moro, register the complain. Don't panic. They'll direct you to police station. Request a letter from efcc with plead. This is because if you approach police station straight up, they'll ask you to go to court and obtain a useless court order first, which of course involves money.

The police will direct the bank through their legal channel to write an email to the customer's bank so as to obtain the necessary details, thereafter freezing d customer's account until ur money is released.

I'm writing in a hurry. I d hustle fuel

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by okoroemeka(m): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
imagine

The bank gave me only her name with no other details,I have messaged all kolawole folake I know on Facebook but I haven’t gotten any reply

There was no other details aside d name
the bank is deliberately obstructive by not giving you the phone no or even calling the kolawole in your presence because the phon contact will be on the account,my manager mistakenly transfered #155k to a strange no,we went to the bank and got the contact of the person,they called him and he repaid it after he has already withdrawn it to chop

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Emeka71(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
FalseProphet1:
By 2023 there won't be banks in Nigeria cos our useless banks are overwhelmed by the rate of technology in the banking sector. I see Nigerian banks dying off very soon.

This I have seen.
Exactly because technological advancements and crypto-currency is gaining headway.

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by itempeter(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
See go to the bank and ask ur account officer to help you and always fine something to the person you always withdraw money with in case such thing happened again he or she will settle ur case shapenly. That's by the way ask ur bank to reach out to opay and from there opay will reach out to the person and his details will be given to you. That's is if and only if that phone was not stolen and use it to make the transfer to ur account.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by seborrhic: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Itsrm:
The bank usually will try contacting the POS agent and in cases where they can't be reached, the bank debits the account of the POS agent and credits the fraudster.

Rubbish assertion.
If it's that easy and straightforward,many fraudsters would have been doing it.
The process of proving the transaction is not just fraudulent but automatically debiting and crediting the fraudster is far more tedious and involves not just the police but a court process.
As bad as Nigeria is painted to be,you think these things are as easy as they say in beer parlours.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by rainlover(m): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
mcwally:
It has happened to me b4 they transfer money from one online bank to my Access bank which i paid to d person but after one week access bank called it fraudulent transfer i was told to refund the money
did you refund?
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Kobicove(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
Odunharry:

Yes its fraud except the Folake gave the guy her phone to do transaction.. The problem started from the guy who came to the shop..

So how is this the problem of the POS operator? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Money In Small Businesses / Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Dollar Debts: CBN Repays Banks Next Week, Naira May Rebound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.