Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Pos Transaction Problem - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pos Transaction Problem (19569 Views)

How Can I Recover My Money After A Failed POS Transaction? / Pos Transaction Failed But Account Debited / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by rtmjohn: 9:55am On Oct 25, 2022
At this junction, those involved in POS business should not accept transfer from anyone because this has become a norm and trick to defraud POS operators. The same thing happened to two my colleagues with sum of 50k and 200k respectively.
The one with 200k has to travelled to Ondo from Lagos like three time with involvement of top police officer before it could be resolved because his wife was arrested for fraud and the second person travelled to edo where her bank account was opened with several calls and letters to unbanned the restriction. pls guys be vigilant

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Morphinne: 10:06am On Oct 25, 2022
oluplus:

It does not work like that. For the bank to have held the money,there is a court order in place and the bank must comply whether the transactions are legit or not. And yes, anybody can do a legit transaction with you, then tag it a fraudulent transaction, gets a court order and money would be reversed back to him. Baba, things dey happen.
Op must act fast by getting a counter order and funds would be released. Banks can't go against court order.
Yes I know it must have been done through a bank order but you can’t tell me to start looking for this said customer when you can approach the court or anyone who gave the order to tell you who brought the fraud claim before the court. The recipient’s bank can also be contacted so why stressing Op to start looking for one Folake all over Ibadan? If you ever lived in Ibadan you would understand OP’s plight. You can see someone today and not see them forever again. The city is bigger than you telling someone to start looking for a stranger who just walked into his/her shop for a business transaction. The bank knows what to do and OP should let them know that the CBN would be carried along while he seeks Justice.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Makschinchin: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hustle938:
imagine

The bank gave me only her name with no other details,I have messaged all kolawole folake I know on Facebook but I haven’t gotten any reply

There was no other details aside d name

You did what E be like say them don scam you oooo.... As a POS agent, it is advisable not to accept transfers into your personal account... Use the POS account to accept the transfer if you don't have any current account... If you use POS or current account, chances are that you will tell the bank that it's a business account and that you did business with the supposed sender and was paid for it wink

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Makschinchin: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
Joniww:
Tell the bank to give u her details

Iffa hear... Bank won't do that without a court order grin grin
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Makschinchin: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
Zoharariel:
Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY, PALMPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Those accounts are the primary accounts of YAHOO BOYS. They are mainly used to divert fraudulent attention away from their mainstream Bank Accounts.

If any of your customers cannot transact with their mainstream Bank Accounts (e.g First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, UBA e.t.c)

Tell them to fvck off - otherwise, you’ll land yourself or your business in big trouble.

If I’m doing any transactions with anybody and the person dares mention OPAY or KUDA, I immediately block them off and tag them scammers.

95% of every Nigerian (especially from this current generation) has an active genome of fraud, scam & wickedness in their DNA.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.

You never ready for business be that... Probably still a baby in business cycle... We die here grin
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Makschinchin: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hustle938:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

The document received from the bank is attached below

The Opay account she used is her phone number na... Just add zero and call her ASAP
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Makschinchin: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
urbobo20:
Go to court and police station so that the account can be tag . Why do Ibadan bank behave like Ibadan people. Can't they tell you what to do , imagine 400k for this bubu government
Eye dey pain you grin which one be 400k
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Polyol(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
Opay account number is the person's phone number without the initial zero.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by natureisgood(m): 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Promising5555:
1. Take a court order instructing your bank to free the account
2. When kolawale tries to make more enquiry of why he didn't get the funds as requested from the bank, the bank will refer him to that court where you requested a further counter argument and the matter will be settled in court if kolawale was right, he will challenge you to the matter in that court, if he is not right, he will suspend the matter.

Best advice so far. The "fraudster will run" once he/she hear court order, else will drag u to court if innocent
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Abfinest007(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
[quote author=franugo post=117843610][/quote] bro I smell lies here. The only money you can't trace is pos.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Revolva(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY, PALMPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Those accounts are the primary accounts of YAHOO BOYS. They are mainly used to divert fraudulent attention away from their mainstream Bank Accounts.

If any of your customers cannot transact with their mainstream Bank Accounts (e.g First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, UBA e.t.c)

Tell them to fvck off - otherwise, you’ll land yourself or your business in big trouble.

If I’m doing any transactions with anybody and the person dares mention OPAY or KUDA, I immediately block them off and tag them scammers.

95% of every Nigerian (especially from this current generation) has an active genome of fraud, scam & wickedness in their DNA.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.

Bro i understand d pain....these guys have made opay palmpay kuda a heaven for their activities , but bro not everyone please

i like opay a lot because of the simplicity to login and do transfer...and i always use it rather more than my conventional bank app....zenith gtb wema uba access banks i have all of dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Money In Small Businesses / Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Dollar Debts: CBN Repays Banks Next Week, Naira May Rebound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.