Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Pos Transaction Problem - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pos Transaction Problem (19574 Views)

How Can I Recover My Money After A Failed POS Transaction? / Pos Transaction Failed But Account Debited / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by dontbothermuch: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
I don't understand. You said the person paid the money to you or you paid the person N40,000
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
NuhuIbrahim:
I'm having similar problem right now
Narrate your experience.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by RepoMan007: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Revolution2022:
Na Bank transfer not card
Oh. I misses that.
Fraud must the issue then.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by triplek2000: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
what's her acct no
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by blacksam01: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
@OP..its normal occurrence...what u shld do is send the bank a successful transaction receipt if its a card transaction...nd if its transfer...the bank doesn't hv the right to restrict ur funds...
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by 231adedayo: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
See what front page has turned some people into FGS u for complete am na,, write bnnx ahhhh finesse, if i broke na my businessSee what front page has turned some people into FGS u for complete am na,, write bnnx ahhhh finesse, if i broke na my business...
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by franugo(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
[quote author=Hustle938 post=117833265]imagine

The bank gave me only her name with no other details,I have messaged all kolawole folake I know on Facebook but I haven’t gotten any reply

There was no other details aside d name[/quote

As far as I'm aware, OPAY account numbers are usually phone numbers. Have your bank (which bank?) print out the clearing tracker, that should contain the sender and beneficiary nuban
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by franugo(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
blacksam01:
@OP..its normal occurrence...what u shld do is send the bank a successful transaction receipt if its a card transaction...nd if its transfer...the bank doesn't hv the right to restrict ur funds...

Not the way it works. If the sending bank writes to the beneficiary bank that the transaction is fraudulent, the beneficiary bank has to place that particular transaction on hold till the issue gets sorted out
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by franugo(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
[quote author=Akerele44 post=117836537]

Bank will just keep telling u to come tomorrow
Since the money is not that huge

Bank see the 40k as small change

I could remember that year i mistakenly sent 70k to a wrong account number

When i went to my bank and complained..they told me to come bk the next day for like 3 days it's was the security man that pitied me and told me to just forget about the money that since the money is not huge they won't answered me and those official i complained to may reverse bk the money to there own personal account without me knowing [/quote

I smell falsehoods all over this comment
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by oluplus(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

The document received from the bank is attached below

2 things.
1. I expect you to maintain a register of everyone who you transact with, particularly their phone number. Imagine Law Enforcement Agencies are looking for Folake, and money have been traced from her account to you. It would have been a different story. Also, do not let any unknown customer transfer money to your acct. Anyone that wants money to be transfered to your acct, then you give him cash will put you in trouble. I heard a kidnapper had collected ransom through this method before and the POS operator is answering for that now.

2. To the issue at hand, get a counter court order to prove your transactions with Folake are legitimate. The bank will release the hold on your acct and you will be able to take your money.

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Phonix16(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Sorry sir but I guess the said folake reported the transaction as fraud to her bank that why so next time avoid transfer
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Obi3icebaba(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
You are dumb

quote author=Zoharariel post=117836258]Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY, PALMPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Those accounts are the primary accounts of YAHOO BOYS. They are mainly used to divert fraudulent attention away from their mainstream Bank Accounts.

If any of your customers cannot transact with their mainstream Bank Accounts (e.g First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, UBA e.t.c)

Tell them to fvck off - otherwise, you’ll land yourself or your business in big trouble.

If I’m doing any transactions with anybody and the person dares mention OPAY or KUDA, I immediately block them off and tag them scammers.

95% of every Nigerian (especially from this current generation) has an active genome of fraud, scam & wickedness in their DNA.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.[/quote]
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by folake4u(f): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
Sammy07:

Folake4u

Hope no be you, else I go sprinkle your bumbum with cane (Lol)

Lmaoooo. Nor be me.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by theamazonguru(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Well I believe you would have learnt form this experience.
I have seen more experienced POS operators use a log form. Where every transactions must be entered/filled and signed.
The customers details and transaction details are captured.
Customer is made to sign

This would have been your defence weapon at the bank.
The fact that a customer signs a transaction validates that transaction and nullifies the fraud claims.

Good luck in your subsequent transactions.

Action point: As a matter of urgency, adopt this log book system.

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Morphinne: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

You have no business doing with that said Folake. Hold your bank responsible and let them know that the cbn will be aware and be carried along through the whole proceedings. Does this mean that anybody can just send you money and later file a fraud claim against you. Your bank can’t just ask you to start looking for a Folake to have your account unfrozen. Press them harder and they will tell what has happened to your money. And you sef con start to dey find why, we too dey tolerate nonsense for this country
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ABIKEM: 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
The financial institution in which folake is using acted unwisely..first is to contact u through ur mobile number to confirm if the transaction actually went through..and to also brings u to any branch close to u to prove ur been innocent of the crime be for taking any step
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ABIKEM: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
Did she send the fund to play right?

Then get opay customer care line and call..if it takes to visit their branch in lag then try and do with ur prove of the successful transaction
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Nicepoker(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Check itz miss folake. On Facebook that's how ladies name themselves on that platform grin

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by aloaye11: 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
My brother go to the police to lay complain, they can give an affidavit so as to have the right to get folake phone number from her bank and also invite her for questioning during investigation. You can as well sue her and her bank ,her bank will get her to come out
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Chidex93: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hello sorry about the pos issue I would also like to use these medium to appeal beg and ask all and sundry most especially nairalanders to call out and ask Mr.odewale adewale ceo of AGRORETURNS LIMITED situated at NO 15 T'obadimeji fowoseje atikori akanra road ijebuigbo,ogun state to paid back my capital amount of #23,000.00 since on 7/6/2021 thank you.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by cedricksly: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:

you don't need all these, just put in writing the consent to debit ur account the disputed account to be returned to the person... Append your signature and thats it
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by dhoncesar(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:

Kindly check the bank she transferred from.
Visit one of the branch and see the manager or a top staff. Explain to the person. What they will do is to contact the folake through the details filled for the account. Through that, both of you can have a conversation... But I don't think Nigeria bank is that reasonable, they might not want to get involved, this is a secure route to the solution. At the other end, the folake is a good local scammer and I believe this is not her first time. I'm sure folake will get the money back if her bank did not take the right action . there are lots of local scams out there.... Very soon, we will all stop using banks, cos the rate at which citizens loose money through local scams is alerming and banks will fold their hands and do nothing .
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by dhoncesar(m): 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
Itsrm:
It's a new scam in town. People go to POS shops to withdraw money and go back to the bank to report the transaction as fraudulent or that the transaction failed. The bank usually will try contacting the POS agent and in cases where they can't be reached, the bank debits the account of the POS agent and credits the fraudster.

In your own case, good thing the bank can reach you. I think all you need to do is prove that Folake was indeed paid by showing them the receipt of the transaction.

Even if the person you paid is not Folake, its none of your business. It wasn't you who compromised Folakes account neither do you have a means to determine fraudulent transactions.

You are on track bro.. God bless
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by dhoncesar(m): 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:

Ohh its opay ?

You have been scammed!!!
Ibadan scammers are always updated .
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by PHARMNNAJI(m): 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
The bank can help you with the Volume phone number. if you waste time, they will get you arrested
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by emmykk(m): 12:29am On Oct 25, 2022
Revolution2022:
After sometime,the bank manager will called the receiver and threatened to involve the police if the money is not reverted.Na you slack.

They didn't do that I even involved the moniepoint I m working for yet to no avail.

I moved on take it as a lesson because I was confused by the sender who mandate me to make the deposit and because she is the landlady to were I was doing the pos and because she is elderly I took it as lose.

Those bank don't do the right thing when you are at their mercy I also lost 10K to ATM debiting when I used my zenith card on access ATM machine.

I did what I can do but no way.Nigeria banks are notorious in stealing customer money.

If you have a lot to do you can follow up much after much frustration.

You just get wised up that is the key.

Now I verified and confirm from customers before sending money and I don't use another bank ATM card on another ATM machine from another bank
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by NessFortunate: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2022
Itsrm:
It's a new scam in town. People go to POS shops to withdraw money and go back to the bank to report the transaction as fraudulent or that the transaction failed. The bank usually will try contacting the POS agent and in cases where they can't be reached, the bank debits the account of the POS agent and credits the fraudster.

In your own case, good thing the bank can reach you. I think all you need to do is prove that Folake was indeed paid by showing them the receipt of the transaction.

Even if the person you paid is not Folake, its none of your business. It wasn't you who compromised Folakes account neither do you have a means to determine fraudulent transactions.

Broo how would the receipt of transaction be useful since its normally two receipts one for withdrawer the other for the POS Operator? And again any one that has access to one's ATM Can withdraws money if he/she knows the transaction pin, why should the POS Owner pay for some else sins it's weird
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Nocare77: 2:50am On Oct 25, 2022
COME TO BREKETE FAMILY
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by sharone21(f): 4:45am On Oct 25, 2022
Zoharariel:
Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY, PALMPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Those accounts are the primary accounts of YAHOO BOYS. They are mainly used to divert fraudulent attention away from their mainstream Bank Accounts.

If any of your customers cannot transact with their mainstream Bank Accounts (e.g First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, UBA e.t.c)

Tell them to fvck off - otherwise, you’ll land yourself or your business in big trouble.

If I’m doing any transactions with anybody and the person dares mention OPAY or KUDA, I immediately block them off and tag them scammers.

95% of every Nigerian (especially from this current generation) has an active genome of fraud, scam & wickedness in their DNA.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.

God bless you oooo.... I have since been shouting that Kuda bank is the haven of 419 boys and most have links to betting and crypto company dealings eg Luno.

Good old banks still rock though, they are trying to bring in their nonsense to rub off on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Kreddy: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2022
Zoharariel:
Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY, PALMPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.

I'm sorry to say, but you're dumb Sir, for jumping into a such conclusion. I'm a private teacher, I've been using opay quite some months due to their free transfer I enjoy. So how does using opay equates being Yahoo boy.
werey niyin sir

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by mechanics(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2022
It's well.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by oluplus(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2022
Morphinne:

You have no business doing with that said Folake. Hold your bank responsible and let them know that the cbn will be aware and be carried along through the whole proceedings. Does this mean that anybody can just send you money and later file a fraud claim against you. Your bank can’t just ask you to start looking for a Folake to have your account unfrozen. Press them harder and they will tell what has happened to your money. And you sef con start to dey find why, we too dey tolerate nonsense for this country
It does not work like that. For the bank to have held the money,there is a court order in place and the bank must comply whether the transactions are legit or not. And yes, anybody can do a legit transaction with you, then tag it a fraudulent transaction, gets a court order and money would be reversed back to him. Baba, things dey happen.
Op must act fast by getting a counter order and funds would be released. Banks can't go against court order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Money In Small Businesses / The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? / U.S. Based Businessman To Set Up $2bn Dollar Modular Refinery In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.