Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday (36165 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation / Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by BlackAIIDay: 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
Even me that is not a mechanic I sabi change casket for any Toyota RAV4

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Zigo1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ordinary top gasket una dey talk of to sell car una funny o

7 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Oyerinde16(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
Changing a gasket is no big deal. Once they change it properly the car works perfectly without issues... What has gasket got to do with half engine... When no be say engine knock...

4 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by LaSenior: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
My brother's Lexus es 330 if overheating dey kill motor that car for don die teh teh

Ordinary radiator cover just dey over heat the car but thank God he didn't change the top gaskets

Oga before you change top gaskets find out if oil is mixing with water in the engine , because some cars come with rubber top gaskets they hardly gets burnt

Las las when driving always check your dashboard is very important

1 Like

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by demoBaba: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Lol, me sef they think so too. Gasket got burnt, no be to buy another one and solve the overheating problem? why sell and buy another car entirely when it's not that the engine got knocked

Too much money dey worry the op.,.

I don't understand OP... gasket got burnt, get a replacement for it simple.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by McLizbae: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
That shouldnt affect your gaskets ke!
samintegrity:

Probably...

In my own case bro, there was no overheating...

I only got to know when we wanted to check the oil gauge, then I noticed a milky creamy substance,

My oil had turned milky, even the radiator coolant had turned same milky .

Which suggest water had mixed with the engine oil.

Very painful.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Jungleluv5: 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2022
Gasket burnt? Is not an issue at all if your mechanic is good get the gasket replace and it's good to go.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Raphcom: 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2022
Oblongata:

Not all mechanics can successfully change the gasket of a vehicle excellently.

That car will never remain the same again…
u are right oooooo
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by chidaddy1198(m): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
There is nothing wrong in changing gasket when the previous got bad through over heating
After the changing of your gasket,. If the over heat was critical it may as well damage your valves.. which may need to be worked on .. an as for high engine reving, its normal when an engine is newly worked on. It will settle also, don't accelerate aggressively after an engine has been worked on .. where the engine remains high, then it may require your mech to tune it down... Please ensure who fixed your Honda car has hands on experience oo unless Na serious wahala
samintegrity:

I want to agree with this comment, My Honda element gasket got burnt.

Changed the gasket and the SUV never remained the same again.

First, it sounds a bit louder than before...
Now am getting some strange whistling sound from engine
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Crvrider: 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
Spray:

The mechanic even "on" the car back and sound was very okay. He said we should still change the gasket as it the normal thing to do. Because the gasket is not like before

Get the pipe cooling hose fixed and see what happens
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Peterosky(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
Spray:

Boss I be jjc may be na why grin grin
.My brother, it's not about you being JJC.You are on point with your thinking. The same thing happened to me with the same car some years back, my mechanic changed the gasket. Trust me, the car is no longer the same. I will advise that if you have the money, sell it and buy another car.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
Spray:

Okay. Thanks

Don't listen to guy . If you can fix it.

Nigeria is the on place where ppl are scared of engine builds & repair. When my Camry startey smoking , ppl advised me to sell it. I ringed it & vehicle is okay. Nigerians Dont know jack about cars, we only know how to buy and flaunt.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by chidaddy1198(m): 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2022
That why I am in love with American cars.. FORD most especially .. I drove one on empty radiator what the car did was to off by it self
. I had to pour water into the radiator tested if the gasket was affected lo and behold every thing was fine.. that when I started repping the Ford brand
Once Japanese burn gasket Na many many bi that ooo
Angrygoat:
One gasket burns,next is valve seals,be getting ready to sell it. Overheating on aluminium engine,war

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by gotnel: 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2022
You don't need to worry too much about overheating of your car engine.
Toyota engine's are very reliable.
Just make sure you get original spares
Good mechanic with great competent to handle your brand of Toyota.
The job will be done perfectly and your car will bounce back.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by pagimo: 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2022
Bro change the gasket and enjoy ur car jor... so long d overheat nor affect the top cylinder, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Hamsongee07: 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2022
Am interested in buying the car like that sell it for me
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by t2luv1: 7:57pm On Oct 29, 2022
Spray:
Pipe supplying water from radiator to engine got bad and I didn't take notice on-time. So they were limited supply of water.

And I was careless to check my temperature at the dashboard.

I called my mechanic and he said my top gasket got burnt. He said if we get it replaced, it will be alright.

My friend who's in to car dealing business said he can help me sell it and get another car.

What's you take about this? Continue with the car or sell it?

Replace Gaskets is not a big deal on Toyota cars.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Anndrew(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2022
brain54:

Over sabinus…

Na wetin they ask you be that…?
grin grin shocked
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2022
I have read this thread and comments 4 days ago before it is moved to the FP today.Why is the mod like this.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by Lerumo: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2022
Changing head gasket is not a big deal as long as it is properly done you should have no issue with your car.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by SavageResponse(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2022
Oblongata:

Not all mechanics can successfully change the gasket of a vehicle excellently.

That car will never remain the same again…

A mechanic who cannot change ordinary top gasket is not qualified to be called a mechanic!
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by obembet(f): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2022
Spray:
Pipe supplying water from radiator to engine got bad and I didn't take notice on-time. So they were limited supply of water.

And I was careless to check my temperature at the dashboard.

I called my mechanic and he said my top gasket got burnt. He said if we get it replaced, it will be alright.

My friend who's in to car dealing business said he can help me sell it and get another car.

What's you take about this? Continue with the car or sell it?

I hope u have comprehensive insurance
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by 4words: 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2022
samintegrity:

Just a month bro and am already getting all series of noise coming from the engine..

It used to be very quiet before, now the noise dey annoy me

I am currently experiencing the same challenge with my hyundai elantra 2008.

I am pained because I carefully care for the engine and car until this gasket change. The noise annoys me.

Though I have done my research to pin the exact cause of the noise my bet is to work on what's causing the noise
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by waice6571: 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
Once you are planning to sell, I am planning to buy... No wahala. Don't even bother to fix the top gasket issue, i will buy it with the problem.

Name your price oga, but remember you are selling a faulty car..

1 Like

Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by evictor305: 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
Resonator can change the sound too
Omoboricash:

Nothing os wrong in changing the gasket. My 2009 corolla gasket was replaced. It doesn't change the sound of the car neither did i hear any whistling sound.
I will advise you check your catalyst. If the catalyst of your car is removed it will definitely change the sound of your engine car.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by waice6571: 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
4words:

I am currently experiencing the same challenge with my hyundai elantra 2008.

I am pained because I carefully care for the engine and car until this gasket change. The noise annoys me.

Though I have done my research to pin the exact cause of the noise my bet is to work on what's causing the noise

Just go and check the power steering bushing... Thank me later sir.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by gabbasin(m): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2022
Replace the gasket, and it should be ok, the more the engine still sound ok with the burnt out gasket, that means the engine is still ok. overheating of not detected on time can cause damage to the engine and in extreme cases can cause engine knick.
When driving, always watch out for warning lights on the dash board so that you will know on time if something is wrong with your car.
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by bobbiiee: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2022
Good to hear.

Spray:

The issue was from radiator pipe. It's been replaced and gasket too. Everything back to normal
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by 4words: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2022
waice6571:

Just go and check the power steering bushing... Thank me later sir.

My researching is pointing towards valve lifter noise. I used the noise coming from the engine to do the research.

My challenge now is getting the valve lifter that matches my car engine
Re: My Toyota 2009 Top Gasket Got Burnt Yesterday by evictor305: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2022
Ford and Mazda are very nice but people tends to underate them. Hence, spare part dealers don't deal much of those brand parts and that's why their spare parts are quite pricey in Nigeria. But try as much as possible not to use ordinary water for your vehicle radiator. Use coolant instead e get why bro
chidaddy1198:
That why I am in love with American cars.. FORD most especially .. I drove one on empty radiator what the car did was to off by it self
. I had to pour water into the radiator tested if the gasket was affected lo and behold every thing was fine.. that when I started repping the Ford brand
Once Japanese burn gasket Na many many bi that ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bugatti Unveils Bugatti X PG Craft Carbon Fiber Bicycle, Sells For N12million / Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From / Man Who Got Burnt On 3rd Mainland Bridge Is Dead - PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.