Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? (39767 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Akanniade(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
1 peter 1:18
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with curruptible things, as silver and gold from your vain conversations received by tradition from your fathers.

Roman Catholics love and cherish the ambience and organised setting their church has. They easily ignore the commandments of God: not to make any graven image for worship. This includes crucifix, pictures etc. But its ok cos the 'holy father says so' grin.
I guess if Christ was killed in a firing squad, we'll all be hanging AK47 and Kalashinov around our necks and in our homes.

Rev 18:4
And i heard another voice from heaven, saying, come out of her my people that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not her plagues
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
Akanniade:

1 peter 1:18
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with curruptible things, as silver and gold from your vain conversations received by tradition from your fathers.

Roman Catholics love and cherish the ambience and organised setting their church has. They easily ignore the commandments of God: not to make any graven image for worship. This [b]includes crucifix, pictures etc
. But its ok cos the 'holy father says so' grin.
I guess if Christ was killed in a firing squad, we'll all be hanging AK47 and Kalashinov around our necks and in our homes.

Rev 18:4
And i heard another voice from heaven, saying, come out of her my people that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not her plagues [/b]

You are the biggest fool I have met in nairaland,dont you have pictures in your homes,the bronze serpent,winged creatures and other images made by moses,solomon e.t.c were they not graven images
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Akanniade(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2009
chukwudi44:

You are the biggest fool I have met in nairaland,dont you have pictures in your homes,the bronze serpent,winged creatures and other images made by moses,solomon e.t.c were they not graven images

Dont get so touchy mister. Yes I have pictures in my house, but non that I give any religious reverence to. Its your choice to make bronze serpent and other whatnots you chose to bow to. Christ never made any graven image nor did he commission any artist to do his picture for his followers to adore nor did his apostles. Ponder on this my Roman Catholic friend.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2009
Akanniade:

Dont get so touchy mister. Yes I have pictures in my house, but non that I give any religious reverence to. Its your choice to make bronze serpent and other whatnots you chose to bow to. Christ never made any graven image nor did he commission any artist to do his picture for his followers to adore nor did his apostles. Ponder on this my Roman Catholic friend.

christ never appeared on television to preach,but people can always apear as long as christ never condemed it.The same reverence given to the winged creatures and other sacred graven images by jews is the same reverence given to graven images,pictures of christ and the saints by catholic christians.

Some protestant bible also includes drawing of christ and other bible people would you also classify these as idolatory.

The fact remains that there is no where in the Bible christians were asked not to[b] make[/b] graven images.

They were asked not to worship graven images
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by SmashingM(f): 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2009
I wonder if all this Catholics fanatics ever read the Bible by themselves. Their religion practice is absolutely contradictory to the commandment of God, but they are so brain washed that they do not see it nor try to discover where they actually belong. My advice to all those belonging to Catholic fraternity is, Read the Bible Good and also check out and read the history of the Catholic origin, and repent or else,

I wonder what your problem is. Why are you so daft that you can't back up your arguments with plausible proofs. If you think the Catholics are all going to hell, then why should you worry yourself? Let us be. Come to think of it, Why should it bother you that we are worshipping something else other than God? Is this how your so called leaders are training you to present your cause? I used to think you were educated but now i know you're one of the 'Miss Roads'.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Ndipe(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2009
kennyaribs:

You should know that papacy is not an English word, it means Father in Faith (as the protestants call thier G.Os Daddy which is English) and the faith is in Christ. So, the Pope is the Father in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

There are many epistles written by the early fathers that were not included in the Bible and the Bible comfirmed it "not all that happened were written" because the Bible will be too big epecially for the new converts. Also, this was done because education was not common so, the Church compiled that through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit for new converts to see the Bible as a small piece they can easily read and digest which is needed for their salvation. Note that Christianity is beyond just been saved (i.e being born again) the fight continues to eventually make heaven

Peter was the 1st Pope and was the head of the Apostles (Matt 16:15-20). he was buried in the vatican in Rome, the seat of Papacy

And he was married! So, isnt that a bit contradictory that your subsequent popes who regard St. Peter as their progenitor, however frown on marriage among popes?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wackhack(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2009
What a wonderful and an open eye discussion. I wanna appreciate everyone that has contributed so far and made their mind bare as regard this matter. I will like us to look at this issue as one of the crucial matter the Lord is raising this end-time especially among youth. So that we can put to questions some of the things that has been pass over to us or that we are practizing in our various ways and religious. Before i go on to say what I am impressed to say by the Lord. I want to say to us that, the old face is fading out and the new one is already here and it will only takes those who are following the Lord to lay hold on what He is doing at this time, don't forget, the time of waywardness and religious riotous is fading out and all that are involves also are going with it.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wackhack(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
Now to what i felt the Lord want me to emphasis on is the issuse of "Foundation". What do i mean by that, every religion has a foundation and this foundation would either be God or Satan. Coming to issues before us, like someone said "Christianity is a continuation of Judaism" I strongly oppose that and say its not true neither does that came from the Holy-Spirit. Now, considering Catholic and all her embodiment or should i call them, "Her children'' and the way they practize their religion is of no different from a mere "paganism". Her foundation was wrong from the very day it started. Her foundation layer was Constantine an emperor in the ancient pagan Rome, who testify to have seen cross in the sky while going to a battle against his co-ruler mancentious in the river thyver[Novia bridge]. Not only that but no account of his salvation was mentioned neither found anywhere. And the truth of Christianity in his heart was ambiguos, he was ruthless and ambitious. His conversion was political rather than sincere.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Akanniade(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
wackhack:

Now to what i felt the Lord want me to emphasis on is the issuse of "Foundation". What do i mean by that, every religion has a foundation and this foundation would either be God or Satan. Coming to issues before us, like someone said "Christianity is a continuation of Judaism" I strongly oppose that and say its not true neither does that came from the Holy-Spirit. Now, considering Catholic and all her embodiment or should i call them, "Her children'' and the way they practize their religion is of no different from a mere "paganism". Her foundation was wrong from the very day it started. Her foundation layer was Constantine an emperor in the ancient pagan Rome, who testify to have seen cross in the sky while going to a battle against his co-ruler mancentious in the river thyver[Novia bridge]. Not only that but no account of his salvation was mentioned neither found anywhere. And the truth of Christianity in his heart was ambiguos, he was ruthless and ambitious. His conversion was political rather than sincere.
I doubt if any comment or reference is going to really change many RCC members. I think prayers for the many sincere people in RCC is the way out of the great delusion.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2009
wackhack:

Sory to disapoint you the RCC has existed even long before constantine,Great defenders of the faith like St Irenaus of lyons,Ignatius of Antioch,e.t.c lived lng before he reig of constantine.

Ndipe:

And he was married! So, isnt that a bit contradictory that your subsequent popes who regard St. Peter as their progenitor, however frown on marriage among popes?

Celibacy was introduced in the fourth century before then Priests were married
Akanniade:

I doubt if any comment or reference is going to really change many RCC members. I think prayers for the many sincere people in RCC is the way out of the great delusion.

You hypocrits should first remove the log from your eyes before you see the perceived scratch in the RCC,especially the penteco$tal$ who worship money.

All you preach in your churches are tithes,tithes !!! haba ,money na God
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wackhack(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2009
chukwudi44:

Sory to disapoint you the RCC has existed even long before constantine,Great defenders of the faith like St Irenaus of lyons,Ignatius of Antioch,e.t.c lived lng before he reig of constantine.

Celibacy was introduced in the fourth century before then Priests were married
You hypocrits should first remove the log from your eyes before you see the perceived scratch in the RCC,especially the penteco$tal$ who worship money.

All you preach in your churches are tithes,tithes !!! haba ,money na God

Hmmm, there is no disappointment in wat is on ground. For the truth must be outspoken even to everyone. Just to clear your curiosity I'm neither for RCC nor Pentecostal, but you ask where do i belong? I belong to the Truth, For I'm just a Christian just like brother Paul, Peter, Andrew, and many other disciple of Christ were while they were living on Earth. For they neither belong to any Religious organization you have today.
Just wondering about what you posted as if you don't know your Scripture nor read History on Your foundation. The ordering of POPE, PAPACY, REVEREND and such are like stated from the "DAY OF CONSTANTINE"{1700years} Before the reign of constantine, Christian were meeting inside cave which look more like a hole some like a house underground, Before Constantine  reign,the roman empire kings always give Christian to there beast, even in there Stadium. But NOTHING like CATHOLICISM EXISTED . May I also tell you some of the sect [/b]that existed then?
1.[b] The ARYANS
. They developed largely in northern Africa and extended to the part of the world
2.Stylite
3. Monks living on colons
4.Holy-Fools traveling around village and talking about Christian in a negative ways and the that does not conform to the gospel.
     I have more to say on that but lets live that for now.

Now let me skip somethings to save your breath a little, In the roman's temple built by their Emperor were functioning as a court made for there gods e.g goddess of love, Sun god.  Infact there is no different between Politics and Religion in there temple.  But any one that refuse to served in there temple dedicated to sacrifices of animals was put to DEATH on there Stadium. The True Christianity was a Treat to Roman Empire and there Religion. MAY I SAY THIS CHRISTIANITY HAS NEVER BEEN A RELIGION AND WILL NEVER BE THOUGH CONSTANTINE TRIED BUT HE ONLY CAPITALIZE ON THE WEAK SHEEP AND TURNED THEM TO RELIGIOUS OF HIS EMPEROR.
   still more to come
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wackhack(m): 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
[b]There is more for you to sit down and ask some basic questions about the religion you are in. IF you are a catholic or Pentecostal, an Orthodox or whatever religion you are practicing, I think is high time you begin to seek the Lord face concerning what you are doing. For there is no religion that doesn't have there foundation and any Foundation different from what THE LORD JESUS CHRIST LAID THROUGH HIS APOSTLE is of the "DEVIL". Though it may appear to the world that such things is of God but it is a wolf in Sheep clothing. Taking captive the soul of men, turning them to worship the creature more than THE CREATOR WHO IS BLESSED FOREVER.  So, the question now is not whether it is good or bad, wrong or right but WHO IS BEHIND IT, WHAT IS THE FOUNDATION OF IT, WHO IS BEING WORSHIP PASTOR, MARY, POPE, REVEREND, MONEY OR MIRACLES? 
DON'T FORGET THAT THE CHURCH THAT JESUS CHRIST BUILT STILL EXIST AS IT WAS IN THE APOSTLE TIME. AND SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY EARTHLY HEADQUARTER HERE ON EARTH NEITHER DOES THIS WORD EXISTED "SUCCESSOR" IN HER THAT WILL NOW TAKE THE PLACE OF JESUS CHRIST OR HIS SPIRIT. THE CHURCH THAT JESUS BUILT IS NEITHER REDEEM NOR DEEPER LIFE NOR CATHOLIC NOR CHERUBIM AND SERAPHIM NOR ORTHODOX NOR PENTECOSTAL NOR  THE LATTER DAY CHURCH{MORMON} NOR ANY "DENOMINATIONAL SYSTEM". [/b]
  For HIS BRIDE IS NOT DIVIDED BUT ONE, NEITHER DOES SHE HAS ANY OTHER NAME THAN[b] CHURCH[no attachment] [/b]
May the Lord help us and lead aright, may He cause our eye of understanding to be open so that we might see indeed what HE sees and turn from our own ways and systems to His own Pattern for us.
peace
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2009
The height of your lack of education is amazing,I dont know whether to say you are stuipid or simply uneducated.

The chuch has always existed from 33CE ,it each town has thier Bishops who were assisted by presbythers and deacons.

The catholic church is only headquartered in Rome because St Peter died as the Bishop of Rome.He was the first Bishop of Rome ,after him were linus, Anacletus , e.tc clement
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2009
ST IGNATIUS OF ANTIOCH WRITING TO THE SMYRNEANS IN 107 CE WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO USE THE TERM CATHOLIC TO DESCRIBE THE CHURCH

See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.

--st ignatius in his epistle to the smyrneans in 107CE
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2009
Ignatius of Antioch implies that Peter and Paul had special authority over the Roman church.[2] In his Letter to the Romans (Ch. 4) of c. 105-110, he tells the Roman Christians: "I do not command you, as Peter and Paul did."

St. Irenaeus of Lyons stated definitively that Peter and Paul founded the Roman church. Irenaeus was a disciple of St. Polycarp of Smyrna, who was himself a disciple of the St. John the Apostle, which puts Irenaeus not far from the authentic teachings of the Apostles. In c. 175-185, he wrote in Against Heresies (Book III, Chapter III, paragraphs 2–3):

Since, however, it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the succession of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. With that church, because of its superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition.

The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the Church, committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of this Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeeded Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles, Clement was allotted the bishopric. This man, as he had seen the blessed apostles, and had been conversant with them, might be said to have the preaching of the apostles still echoing [in his ears], and their traditions before his eyes. Nor was he alone [in this], for there were many still remaining who had received instructions from the apostles. In the time of this Clement, no small dissension having occurred among the brethren at Corinth, the Church in Rome dispatched a most powerful letter to the Corinthians, exhorting them to peace, renewing their faith, and declaring the tradition which it had lately received from the apostles…

Tertullian also writes: "But if you are near Italy, you have Rome, where authority is at hand for us too. What a happy church that is, on which the apostles poured out their whole doctrine with their blood; where Peter had a passion like that of the Lord, where Paul was crowned with the death of John (the Baptist, by being beheaded)."

Dionysius of Corinth also serves as a witness to the tradition.[2] He wrote: "You (Pope Soter) have also, by your very admonition, brought together the planting that was made by Peter and Paul at Rome and at Corinth; for both of them alike planted in our Corinth and taught us; and both alike, teaching similarly in Italy, suffered martyrdom at the same time" (Letter to Pope Soter A.D. 170, in Eusebius, History of the Church 2:25:cool.

Later tradition, first found in Saint Jerome, attributes to Peter a 25-year episcopate (or apostolate) in Rome.[2]
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by findjobuba: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2009
My dear, they say ignorance is the worst disease on earth, your write up shows u have little or nor understanding about the catholic faith or docrtrine. It will do u well to read extensively if you have the time about the catholic faith or u remain quiet otherwise, u will bring damnation upon your house hold.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wackhack(m): 12:32am On Sep 01, 2009
chukwudi44:

The height of your lack of education is amazing,I dont know whether to say you are stuipid or simply uneducated.

Hmmmm, anyone you say is acceptable. Just wondering why you came up in aggressive way of realising venoms words in the name of conterracting the truth. Have I become an enemy because of what i posted? Well, blessed be God, for not many educated people were called. infact, He chooses the foolish things of the earth to comfound the wise.
chukwudi44:

The chuch has always existed from 33CE ,it each town has thier Bishops who were assisted by presbythers and deacons.
Please can you defend that? Who are the people that were really called bishop or presbyther in the early Church? Are they not the same as Pastor? Please don't quote your doctrine for me but tell me what the Lord has taught you about that.
chukwudi44:

The catholic church is only headquartered in Rome because St Peter died as the Bishop of Rome.He was the first Bishop of Rome ,after him were linus, Anacletus , e.tc clement
And yet you came up with another lie, where was that written? When did peter died as Bishop of Rome? Where was it written that the Headquater of the Church is Rome? Please Prove your Point from the Scripture.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by wackhack(m): 1:03am On Sep 01, 2009
findjobuba:

My dear, they say ignorance is the worst disease on earth, your write up shows u have little or nor understanding about the catholic faith or docrtrine. It will do u well to read extensively if you have the time about the catholic faith or u remain quiet otherwise, u will bring damnation upon your house hold.
Well thank you for you comments, maybe you are right that i may be ignorant or without understanding about the "catholic faith" and "doctrine". But  I WILL RATHER BE IGNORANT EVEN WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THE CATHOLIC FAITH AND DOCTRINE THAN TO BE SO BLINDED AND REMAIN FOOL TO HIM THAT HAS MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH. IF ONLY HIS DOCTRINE I KNOW, THEN IT IS WELL. IF I HOLD ON TO DOCTRINE OF MEN THEN WOE BETIDE ME EVEN INCLUDING EVERYONRE THAT HOLD ON TO MEN'S DOCTRINES.
  Mark 7:1-5, LOOK AT WHAT THE PHARISEES AND SCRIBES SAYS:
1.Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2. And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
HERE IS THE REPLY OF THE MASTER:
6 He[JESUS] answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.[/b]10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 [b]Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

HAVE YOU CONSIDER THESE VERSE OF THE SCRIPTURE?
Matt 23:1-35
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.[/b]14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 [b]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 [b]Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.[/b]
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30[b] And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?[/b]
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

A WORD FOR THE WISE: AS IT WAS IN THE TIME OF JESUS IT IS NOW. Scribes and Pharisees STILL EXIST!!!
  HE THAT WORKETH NOT ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF CHRIST WHICH IS WALKING IN SPIRIT BUT TAKE PLEASURE IN DOCTRINE OF MEN AND TRADITIONS OF ELDER IS UNDER CURSE AND HE/SHE IS EQUAL TO PHARISEES AND SCRIBES.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2009
@wackhack
Mr man please I don't practise "bible Alone" besides there is no whrer in the Bible that was recomended because the Bible itself quoted outside the Bible.

Ther book of Jude actually quoted the non-canonical book of Enoch,and the books of Joshua and Samuel referred us to the lost book of Jashar.

I can go on and on the list is endless.

The Bible did not exist until the fourth century CE,it was the roman catholic church at the synod of hippo that selected the books that got into the bible.

The christians of the first four centuries actually used more scriptures than we today.

The letters of Ignatius of antioch,polycarp of smyrna,clement of Rome were regarded with the same authourity as the letters of paul by the early christians.

If I may ask when did scripture writing end? what qualifies a writing to be called scripture?

It might interst you to know that the scriptures does not tell us the authours of the four gospels,acts of the apostle and the letter of hebrews,it is by catholic tradition that we know the authours ,so you see why you cannever do without catholic tradition.

I was expecting you to bring me quotations from christians living in the 2nd 3rd and 4th centuries CE disproving the writings of ignatius,irenaeus ,tertulluian.

What I have here is quotations from scriptures the catholic church canonised.

If these books were not cannonised by the catholic church you won't be quoting from them Today

findjobuba:

since you have studied extensively on the .catholic faithyourself why don't you educate me.
Give me quotations from christians that lived in the 2nd,3rd and fourth centuries CE
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2009
@wack hack
And yet you came up with another lie, where was that written? When did peter died as Bishop of Rome? Where was it written that the Headquater of the Church is Rome? Please Prove your Point from the Scripture

Mr man do you realise that u are a hypocrite,you started by quoting outside the scripture by telling me constantine founded the RCC but when confronted with superior evidence of the church's existence centuries before constantine you jump to sola bible.

I want you to know that thre was never a break in the leadership of the church,from peter to the present pope benedict vi,.

Comming to your useless sola bible,did they bible tell us that Peter was never bishop of rome?,did it tell us that Peter ,Paul and other Apostles are dead.?Even fact If we are to go by sola Bible Paul should still be in Rome.

You protestants are funny,you mean you guys actually think that after labouring to build churches in Isreal,Egypt,Italy,Greece,Turkey not one of the churches founded by the Apostles survived?

The churches founded by Martin luther,John calvin e.t.c are still in existence while then do you think that the Apostolicc churches were wiped out?

Do you know that from the time of moses to the birth of Jesus was less than 1300 years ,while from the death of the last Apostle to the reformation was more than 1300 Years /

SO GOD AFTER GIVING US THE MESIAH PLACED US IN BONDAGE LONGER THAN BEFORE THE COMMING OF THE MESSIAH ?
is that logical when the messiah was meant tom liberate us from bondage ?

How come no protestant was found when the books of the Bible were decided ,?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by MrCrackles(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
I cant get my head round why someone will want to claim catholics are not christians but idol worshippers!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by afiq(m): 2:24am On Jan 16, 2010
The word "catholic" means universal. Jesus created one universal church for all of mankind. The Catholic Church was established by Jesus with his words spoken in Matthew 16. Jesus asked his disciples "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" The disciples then offered various answers - "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." But the question that Jesus then asked was crucial: "But who do you say that I am?"

The answer provided by Simon Peter set in motion the formation of the Catholic Church by Jesus. "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." With this answer, Jesus established the Catholic Church with Simon Peter designated the first Pope.

"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Niyi53(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2010
Our brother Lolman has made a great surprise today by his criticism of Roman catholic church. But this criticism must not be levied only the catholic but on the Christianity as a whole because not only the catholic practices idolatry but idolatry is found in every modern Christianity and the path of Jesus and his disciples is completely abandoned and another way is devised today and incoherent is seen in Christianity as a whole. Reflect on these issues:
1. The Belief of Jesus and his disciples as compare with today's Christians way of worship.
2. The way of worship of Jesus and his disciples as compare with today's Christians way of worship.
3. The Truth about the doctrine of trinity.
4. The Truth about the event of the cross, resurrection, ascension and descend.
5. The path Jesus set for the followers and the path being followed by the Christians today.
If it is true that Christians have lost the right path, then there must be way out, perhaps, [size=8pt][b][b][b]THE TRUE ISLAM[AHMADIYYAT] IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.[/b][/b][/b][/size]

Thanks for your reflection and peace be unto him that follow the right path.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by fashionkid(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
U guys seam right, but tell me is their any xtian denomination or world religion that hav no brainwashing issue?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by oluwabamis(m): 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2010
This is a very sensitive topic, but truth must be said, since it involves destinies of man. No offence to catholics all over the world. The catholics are over a billion people. I fear for all catholics because the institution (roman catholics) is deep into not only idolatory but almost every other sin you can think of. my advice for catholics is to maitain an open mind. pls visit these websites you may reconsider ur stand.

http://www.remnantofgod.org, http://www.remnantofgod.org/NewsltrsMONTHLY.htm, http://www.john1429.org. you have a load of materrials to read, just try it.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
Are Roman Catholics Christians? lets find out.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 12:25am On Apr 24, 2010
LOL@ OLAADEGBU!!!

No wonder you don't ever make sense. You follow Jack Chick.

Question to Jack Chick: What is 2+2
Jack Chick answers: 5

That my dear is who you're following.

Jack never made sense of anything and in fact I know plenty of Protestants who became Catholics because they realised just how illogical Chick was.

Anyway I can only pray for you. That the Lord will put positive into your heart and not just hatred.
It's a sad shame that all you and others can do is sit around and gossip about Catholics.

To all Catholics live your life. Remember this, they Persecuted Christ they will persecute you even more.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 12:26am On Apr 24, 2010
If I were not a Catholic, and were looking for the true Church in the world today, I would look for the one Church which did not get along well with the world; in other words, I would look for the Church which the world hated. My reason for doing this would be, that if Christ is in any one of the churches of the world today, He must still be hated as He was when He was on earth in the flesh.

If you would find Christ today, then find the Church that does not get along with the world. Look for the Church that is hated by the world as Christ was hated by the world. Look for the Church that is accused of being behind the times, as our Lord was accused of being ignorant and never having learned. Look for the Church which men sneer at as socially inferior, as they sneered at Our Lord because He came from Nazareth. Look for the Church which is accused of having a devil, as Our Lord was accused of being possessed by Beelzebub, the Prince of Devils. Look for the Church which, in seasons of bigotry, men say must be destroyed in the name of God as men crucified Christ and thought they had done a service to God.

Look for the Church which the world rejects because it claims it is infallible, as Pilate rejected Christ because He called Himself the Truth. Look for the Church which is rejected by the world as Our Lord was rejected by men. Look for the Church which amid the confusions of conflicting opinions, its members love as they love Christ, and respect its Voice as the very voice of its Founder, and the suspicion will grow, that if the Church is unpopular with the spirit of the world, then it is unworldly, and if it is unworldly it is other worldly. Since it is other-worldly, it is infinitely loved and infinitely hated as was Christ Himself. But only that which is Divine can be infinitely hated and infinitely loved. Therefore the Church is Divine.

- Archbishop Fulton J Sheen, Preface to Radio Replies

Now please leave them to their foolishness. Evil eventually destroys itself. Pray for them instead.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2010

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2010
Tell me whether this is the Church of Christ or not?

Here are just a few examples of the continual evolution of pagan practices brought into the Roman Catholic Church, starting in 310 A.D.:

Prayers for the dead were introduced in 310
The lighting of candles in 320
The worship of saints about 375
The mass was adopted in 394
The worship of Mary began to develop about 432
Priests began to assume distinctive robes in 500
The doctrine of purgatory was introduced in 593
Worship in Latin (since repealed) was mandated in 600
Claims to Papal Supremacy took firm foot in 606
Feasts in honor of the Virgin Mary began in 650
The custom of kissing the Pope's foot was introduced in 709
The worship of images and relics was authorized in 788
The invention of holy water was about 850
The canonization of saints was formalized in 993
Feasts for the dead were introduced in 1003
The celibacy of the priesthood was declared in 1074
The dogma of Papal infallibility was announced in 1076
Prayer beads were introduced in 1090
The doctrine that there are seven sacraments was introduced in 1140
The sale of indulgences began in 1190
The wafer was substituted for the loaf in 1200
The dogma of transubstantiation was adopted in 1215
Confession was instituted in 1215
The adoration of the Wafer began in 1220
The Ave Maria was introduced in 1316
The cup was taken from the laity in 1415
Purgatory was officially decreed in 1439
Roman tradition was placed on the same level as Scripture in 1546
The Apocrypha was received into the Canon in 1546
The immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary was announced in 1854
The doctrine of the papal infallibility was proclaimed in 1864
The personal corporeal presence of the Virgin in heaven in 1950

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n2042.cfm

Why claim you follow Peter as your "Rock" yet ignore his teachings?  Did Peter teach or practice any of the the above traditions?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by italo: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2010
If I were not a Catholic, and were looking for the true Church in the world today, I would look for the one Church which did not get along well with the world; in other words, I would look for the Church which the world hated. My reason for doing this would be, that if Christ is in any one of the churches of the world today, He must still be hated as He was when He was on earth in the flesh.

If you would find Christ today, then find the Church that does not get along with the world. Look for the Church that is hated by the world as Christ was hated by the world. Look for the Church that is accused of being behind the times, as our Lord was accused of being ignorant and never having learned. Look for the Church which men sneer at as socially inferior, as they sneered at Our Lord because He came from Nazareth. Look for the Church which is accused of having a devil, as Our Lord was accused of being possessed by Beelzebub, the Prince of Devils. Look for the Church which, in seasons of bigotry, men say must be destroyed in the name of God as men crucified Christ and thought they had done a service to God.

Look for the Church which the world rejects because it claims it is infallible, as Pilate rejected Christ because He called Himself the Truth. Look for the Church which is rejected by the world as Our Lord was rejected by men. Look for the Church which amid the confusions of conflicting opinions, its members love as they love Christ, and respect its Voice as the very voice of its Founder, and the suspicion will grow, that if the Church is unpopular with the spirit of the world, then it is unworldly, and if it is unworldly it is other worldly. Since it is other-worldly, it is infinitely loved and infinitely hated as was Christ Himself. But only that which is Divine can be infinitely hated and infinitely loved. Therefore the Church is Divine.

- Archbishop Fulton J Sheen, Preface to Radio Replies

Now please leave them to their foolishness. Evil eventually destroys itself. Pray for them instead.

@ lady, thanx 4 d post.

What do they think they can say now against that church dat has not been said for 2000years. What can they do against the church that can b more than what the pagan roman emperors did. THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH WILL OUTLIVE THE WORLD!!!!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2011
Hi y'all, think you should check this out:
First, I am catholic/Lutheran, (researching)
If your're conc catholic be warned tis shocking- True? you deciede.

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/catholic_church_idolatry.html
http://www.craom.net/what-is-the-rock-an-analysis-of-matthew-1618.htm
the links need no tool-tip.
Sorry for being vague and off, meant no harm honestly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church / Rude Things People Do In Church / 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.