Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? (39821 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2011
Hi y'all, think you should check this out:
First, I am catholic/Lutheran,  (researching)
If your're conc catholic be warned tis shocking- True? you deciede.

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/catholic_church_idolatry.html
http://www.craom.net/what-is-the-rock-an-analysis-of-matthew-1618.htm
the links need no tool-tip.
Sorry for being vague and off, meant no harm honestly.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by italo: 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
Well I'm "conc Catholic" like you call it and its not shocking at all. I don't need a website to know who we worship in church everyday. Besides, did you think the world would say good things about the church that Jesus founded? What did they say about the Master himself? If Jesus were not with the Church as he promised he would be, don't you think it would have been destroyed by now?

And what do you mean by Catholic/Lutheran? Make up your mind. TRUTH or UNTRUTH! A Church founded by JESUS or MARTIN LUTHER! You decide.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by HISchild: 1:29am On Oct 11, 2011
All churches are under the righteous judgement of GOD for apostasy / spiritual harlotry - read Rev 18 among others.

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by italo: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2011
Do not be deceived, there's only one church in the Bible. Even when it says "churches", they are still one and the same, teaching the same doctrine alligned to the same origin. Not different churches with different doctrines and different founders. There's only one church. Find it.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by mail4gift2(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2011
Islam Created By The Roman Catholic
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-778638.0.html

many people has been misled, am not judging anyone, i understand, Jesus Christ told his disciples this parable in Mark 4:12

"That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them."

and the bible also said this "My people perish from a lack of knowledge" in Hosea 4: 6 (KJV)

I am not a CHRISTIAN, am simply a FOLLOWER OF CHRIST JESUS, i go to church whenever i want to, but a day has not gone by without me reading THE HOLY BIBLE, i have finished reading the whole of NEW TESTAMENT and i have come to believed in my LORD and Personal Savior, JESUS CHRIST.

I will urge every Christian to be a FOLLOWER OF CHRIST JESUS, not a follower of the Catholic or any other religion, READ THE BIBLE daily and you also will understand.

Every Christian in this world owns a bible, some own two others four but 90% of them don't know what is writing in the bible, they look up to their pastor, pope, bishop, reverend father to explain to them and thus, many being MISLED, READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, he who has ears, let him hear. Matthew 11:15

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by harakiri(m): 9:01am On Oct 11, 2011
Na wetin person no go hia 4 dis world. Someone is here claiming NOT to be a christian but a "follower" of jesus. Isn't followership the bane of christianity? And tomorrow, they will say "divine wisdom " is needed to understand christianity and the same people don't know jack about their religion (except for what pastor says)
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by 9jaman007: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2011
I always advise people not to spend time trying to tarnish the image of any church or pastor/priest.

Some say the 'holy' spirit directed them. Any spirit that leads you ideas of how to damage the image of any church is not from God. If a pastor is not from God, leave that for God to expose and judge. If the catholics are idol worshippers leave that for God to judge.

Why do u enjoy reading up defamatory stories of churches other than yours?

I am catholic and the more people try to kill the church, the stronger my faith.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by mail4gift2(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2011
9jaman007:

I always advise people not to spend time trying to tarnish the image of any church or pastor/priest.

Some say the 'holy' spirit directed them. Any spirit that leads you ideas of how to damage the image of any church is not from God. If a pastor is not from God, leave that for God to expose and judge. If the catholics are idol worshippers leave that for God to judge.

I am catholic and the more people try to kill the church, the stronger my faith.
harakiri:

Na wetin person no go hia 4 dis world. Someone is here claiming NOT to be a christian but a "follower" of jesus. Isn't followership the bane of christianity? And tomorrow, they will say "divine wisdom " is needed to understand christianity and the same people don't know jack about their religion (except for what pastor says)

"That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them."

and the bible also said this "My people perish from a lack of knowledge" in Hosea 4: 6 (KJV)

bros, no offence, i believe you have a bible, have you read the whole bible? or you only read most sundays when you go to church? i know i don't go to church much or at all, but i can tell you something, i know the bible more than you do, if you read the whole of New Testament, you will come to understand GOD more and know that its not by going to church. most of you the reason you go to church is to chase after women, others because of a girl in church choir or among the congregation and others for going sake, i rather sit home everyday, read my bible, know more about my GOD and practice what i read, than to go to church every sunday, come back home and dump the bible. READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, he who has ears, let him hear.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by 9jaman007: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
mail4gift2:

bros, no offence, i believe you have a bible, have you read the whole bible? or you only read most sundays when you go to church? i know i don't go to church much or at all, but i can tell you something, i know the bible more than you do, if you read the whole of New Testament, you will come to understand GOD more and know that its not by going to church. most of you the reason you go to church is to chase after women, others because of a girl in church choir or among the congregation and others for going sake, i rather sit home everyday, read my bible, know more about my GOD and practice what i read, than to go to church every sunday, come back home and dump the bible. READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, READ THE BIBLE, he who has ears, let him hear.

Wow look at this proud dude. You don't even know me so how are u sure u know the bible better? Funny though. You have finished the bible 20 times congrats but I tell you that many people who have never read the bible are making their their way into the kingdom of God before people like you who read it everyday. It is one thing to read, another thing to understand and yet a different thing to live by what you have read.

If you fail to keep 1 of the commandments then you are no different from he that fails 9 of the 10 laws. So if you say I am an idol worshipper, you are no different from me when you lie,steal,kill,commit adultery etc. You and I are both sinners so wake up and take out the wood in your eyes first.

You talk to me about the bible. Let me ask you. Who compiled the bible? When and why was it compiled.
Why did MLK remove certain books from the catholic bible? You may want to ask or google up the meaning of Apocrypha.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by knowledge4(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2012
The Catholics too are a false Christian group that have too many distorted versions of the true doctrines of the Bible. There are at least 30 of them but i will state three of the false doctrines here

1)The Catholics believe that there is a place called Purgatory after death,which exists for the expiation of the venial sins of believers. That the souls detained in Purgatory can be helped by the suffrages of the Catholic faithful (Creed of Pope Pius IV.Art 6)
That the souls that will go to Purgatory are those who ''depart with venial sins or that have not fully paid the debt of temporal punishment...''(The Cathechism 107)
The Bible refuttal is in 1 John 1:7,John1:29,Acts 4:12 which affirms very clearly that there is only one mode of expiation which is by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

2)The Catholics believe that some sins do not deserve the wrath of God.They claim that such sins are venial sins and do not incur spiritual death to the soul.their examples of ''venial sins'' include lying and stealing small things.(Dens Theologia,tom 1& e Peccatis No.154)
The Bible states that every sin deserves the wrath of God(Romans 6:23)(Gal 3:10)(Ezekiel 18:20)
Revelation 21:8 states that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire

3)The Catholics believe that the Church of Rome is infallible,that ''the Pope cannot err and is infallible in defining matters of faith and morals...''.The dogma of Papal infallibility was defined at the Vatican Council which states that anyone contradicting this is a heretic.(Pope Pius X Compedium)(Cathechism of the Council of Trent,Ques Xvii,Part 1,p.100.

The Bible states that no person or church on earth is infallible.(Ezekiel 7:26)(Isaiah 56:10)(Acts 20:29-30)(1Tim4:12)(Matthew 15:14)(2 Thess 2:3-4)

Submission: The Catholics are a false christian sect which doctrines are at variance with the doctrines of the true christian faith.If any Catholic or JW can dispute the facts above with solidly grounded and undeniable facts devoid of sentiments,you are welcome
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by FRANKBENN(m): 2:15am On May 07, 2012
You all get problem? Just becos Roman catholic, you all yelling? Let me address it this way,
1. how did the existence of Jesus to come to earth
2. Who gave those Great men to constitute other religion on this earth?
3. Who said Roman Catholic doesnt have existence and why would someone protest against existence of Catholic?
4. Let all stop all this nonsence? Bye!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
locoman: I wonder if all this Catholics fanatics ever read the Bible by themselves. Their religion practice is absolutely contradictory to the commandment of God, but they are so brain washed that they do not see it nor try to discover where they actually belong. My advice to all those belonging to Catholic fraternity is, Read the Bible Good and also check out and read the history of the Catholic origin, and repent or else,

Are Catholics to read the bible or read about the history of the catholic church. Don't contradict urself. Can u mention somethings they do without scripture backing and maybe we will start from there.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by realBerni: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
@gzib,
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Bella3(f): 1:04am On Jul 11, 2012
For the fact dat u were born in catholic doesnt make it right. Catholic is nt the first church. The first church is the church of Jesus Christ!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by iroza(f): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
Listen all of u, because u go to a church that claim to read the bible without knowing the true meaning of what u read. U think u have a ticket to heaven. Churches were they advertise mummys and daddys, no order one can say anything and shout while praying as if God is deaf to hear him. Well there is no religion in heaven. So u that said u read the bible, read and understand without critising others. Who made u a judge, over sabi dey worry u.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by cychioma: 6:08am On Sep 14, 2012
I-man:
@Locoman
Everyone knows exactly how or when a particular denomination started-We know,for instance, that King Henry VIII was behind the Anglican Church and that Martin Luther was behind the Lutherans or that John Wesley was behind the Methodists.

Nobody seems to have a credible explanation about how the Catholic Church started.If it has nothing to do with the early Christian Church,then who started it,when and how?
The Roman catholic church became what it is today through a man called Constantine the great. He was politician and a pagan and also an ardent worshipper of the sun god. He became a "christian" so to say because of his political ambition. He noticed at that time dat a lot of people were bcoming xtians n he wanted to gain their favour by entering the church, and through his influence brought in a lot of pagan practices inside the church. One of them is changing the day of worship from saturday to sunday in AD 320 and made a decree that anyone who fails to obey would be put the death. He also brought in the worship of idols into the church by representing the small gods of the sun god with the apostles in the bible thereby making them believe they are honouring the past saints. Also he made sure that the priests would be the priests would be the one's having access to the bible n not the members thereby hiding the truth about salvation. This brought about the protestant movt headed by martin luther who was a member of the church then. He was punished severely for this, bt God on his side he was able to overcome. I can go on and on to mention a lot of things dat was introduced into the church then dat many catholics today are ignorant of.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by BARRISTERS: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
@gzib
Are Catholics to read the bible or read about the history of the catholic church. Don't contradict urself. Can u mention somethings they do without scripture backing and maybe we will start from there.

see (bolded), [size=14pt]mounting white statues and images of Mary inside the church,and reciting words to her is a 'pure idolatory' and it violently violates in the warnings contained in both the old/new testaments of the bible to to stay clear of 'idolatory'[/size] a warning by apostle paul in written form to the churches as well as Moses law to the istrealites of worshiping idols,[size=14pt]have you forggotten that thousands of isrealites were killed in one day! whats their offence? they worshipped the 'Golden calf' moulded by Aaron on their demand.[/size]

God has never compromised his standards for worship, that is our prayers should be directed through jesus christ, and not [size=14pt]recitations of passages that is 'not found in the bible' as if it were there in the bible thereby causing confusion on God's standard for worship.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DanielNoble(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2013
m_nwankwo: In my opinion, it is regretable to accuse others whose belief differ from yours as not following the truth. This is because your own perception of the truth is governed by your own experiencing whether physical or spiritual. No two individuals are identical in physical and spiritual experiences even when they read the same bible and attend the same church. That in part explains why every religion have several denomination and it will always remain that way. Perceptions of truth is not the same thing as Truth. Thus interpretation will aways differ. The catholic church may have a lot of practices you disgree with but that is not a justification for making very sweeping statement on their belief. It is alway easy to point out what one considers to be wrong in the belief of others. But remember that it remains your opinion, your understanding, your personal experiences. It is wise to study the faiths of those different from yours in order to understand them better but not to pronounce judgement.
there is no justification for doing unBiblical things!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Pidivine: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
Douzy: The man who is free from religious slavery is one who doesn't feel he is bound to be in church every Sunday.
No particular church or sect is perfect.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
pilgrim1:

If you care, I would gladly oblige you. wink

Let's start with the issue of the Papacy. I don't know of any other segment of Christianity that has a papacy system of the 'Pope' than the Roman Catholic Church - and we may not be far wrong to say that without the Papacy, the Catholic Church would not be such.

I'd like to start with that one and serve issues piecemeal as we go along.

Could you demonstrate soundly that the Papacy system dates back to early Christianity in the days of the Apostles - as we read in the Bible?

Cheers.

The Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox have Patriarchs which they freely acknowledge are their equivalent of a Pope. The Coptic Church (One of the oldest Christian groups in the world) have a Pope. I am neither supporting nor detracting from the argument, merely adding some extra info.

I am interested in the supposed biblical prohibition on images. Please quote Chapter & Verse. I took at quick look (Old Testament only - so far) and only saw what were references to false idols.

I am keeping an open mind on this one so please enlighten me as to the rational.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Aizenosa(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
9jaman007:

Thank you jor, and still d more dey keep talking the more dey keep exposing demselves
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 08, 2016
DanielNoble:

Where is that in your bible undecided
DanielNoble:

Where is that in your bible
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by monex(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2017
locoman:
@I-man

I will give you a clear details on how Catholicism gave right hand of fellowship to the Islam. Catholicism could not stop Islam from springing up so they signed a treathing that Islam should help and eliminate the protestants that stands against the Pope supremacy. That is why Islam and Catholics have things in common. The Islam has one pattern of mosque, that is the pattern of the pope cap. And they also introduce chaplets to them, Catholic is the only church the Islam respect.

To confirm this why will Catholic have a parish they named our lady of Fatima ? who is this Fatima ? Fatima is the daughter of Mohammad. Why this relationship ?
Fatima is a city in Portugal where the marian apparition happened - it doesnt refer to Mohammad's daugther
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1tima,_Portugal

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.