Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? (39868 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by olabowale(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Carmelily:« #814 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31 AM »

@olabowale

what's the point you want to make?

The buhddists, also believe that their "handsome, long haired, lean youth," is devine. Thats what the Christian thinks about Jesus. isn't it, babe? The Buhddist boy performs "miracles" that must hav convinced the "Buhddists" that he is "devine."

Are you getting my drift, now? The conclusion of devinity, according to christians, which is what the Buhddists are making, is that their respective "devined" person performed "convincing miracles!" The Buhhdist guy, by the way was reported to have gone without food or liquid for 3 years, in one stretch. And to have remained motionless for over a year. Yet he is only 18 years old.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2008
olabowale:

@Carmelily:« #814 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31 AM »
The buhddists, also believe that their "handsome, long haired, lean youth," is devine. Thats what the Christian thinks about Jesus. isn't it, babe? The Buhddist boy performs "miracles" that must hav convinced the "Buhddists" that he is "devine."

Are you getting my drift, now? The conclusion of devinity, according to christians, which is what the Buhddists are making, is that their respective "devined" person performed "convincing miracles!" The Buhhdist guy, by the way was reported to have gone without food or liquid for 3 years, in one stretch. And to have remained motionless for over a year. Yet he is only 18 years old.

No mind them! grin LOL. The description (looks) do not even match historical descriptions of Jesus. They had Kurt Cobain in mind! anyway, i thought the youngster in question has repeatedly said he isn't divine? Human beings too funny sef.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2008
- It is clear the disciples did not give themselves that name if not it would have read - and the disciples refered to themselves as christians first in antioch.

Actually no, we will never really know but only assume. Two conclusions can be derived from the sentence in the Bible. No, you can't make up stuff David. You don't know that it would have read that if the apostles gave themselves the name. Don't forget there were plenty of apostles at this point, so really anyone could have said it.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ poster

the church is not the building or place of worship but THE BODY OF CHRIST! Idolatry is worshiping creatures rather than the Creator, who is God.
I have observed the Roman Catholics carefully and am bold to say "WHAT THEY CALL CHRISTIANITY IS DEVILISH". Thank God for the scriptures and for his Holyspirit who teaches us all things.

Roman Catholics are not only the guilty ones, U cud also be one of them who practise Idolatry! It is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of God's judgement.
Examine ur ways and desist from evil!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
You seem to be getting to understand me in your own slow way. When i read that your "lukewarm" sh*t. I laughed. I laughed because you don't even know me and you didn't have an idea about my beliefs. I've been screaming on top of my lungs, telling you that I stick to what Christ did and what He said. That's what "Christ-like" means.

I speak from the discussions on this board.

Sorry to disappoint you but Paul has no place in my faith. We were never told about him as an "Apostle to the Gentiles" by Christ before he appeared on the scene with his set of doctrines which went quite contraary to most of what Christ preached. If you want to follow Paul, say so outrightly. Christ said the servant is not greater than His master, (if indeed, Paul is as much as a servant) so when in doubt, i default to Christ. simple. I choose to follow Him. You don't have to do that. It's my choice. Get it? Why say you are a "Christian" and be more willing to be a Paulian and attach labels coined by non-"christians" to yourself? What stopped Christ, in His divine wisdom from coining the term? Why didn't He tell us to be sure to follow Paul, as influential to your faith as Paul is today

Ok, so why do you believe in Christ, if you don't believe in anything he says or does, because you do not. DOn't fool yourself to think that you do. Christ gave power to men, and you don't believe in the exercise of this power, so why follow him if you don't believe in what he has done?
Also, if you won't take what the apostles say as truth and won't hae regards for them, how can you take the stories of the Gospel true? The apostles wrote them, how do you know that Christ truly did and say what they say he did and say. How can you have regards towards what Christ did or say, when you don't have regards for those who wrote down what he did or said. They could have easily made it up.

It's like the muslims belief system. One day I was talking to Olabowale and he told me that Allah said if you are about to die and the killers ask you if you are a muslim that it is alright to say that you are not, if you're afraid to die. So I asked and said isn't that lying? He siad no, as long as Allah said it. So I asked someone else (another muslim) and the person said that the problem with muslims is that they take a man's word seriously and mistake it as Allah's word. He said that that statement was made by muhammad. So I asked him how can you then believe that the words in the quran truly are Allah's word if you can't take the word of muhammad to be true. The only reason Allah exists is because muhammad said so, and the quran is the word of Allah becuse muhammad said so. If what he says isn't to b held in regards, why hold that what he said about Allah in regard.
Do you get what I'm saying?

I am saying if you do not hold in regard these people who penned down what Christ said, how can you truly believe that what they said about Christ is true. How can you believe that what Christ said is truly what Christ said?

Do yourself a favour, make a list of everything that constitutes your Christian faith today - doctrines, principles and all. Then make a table with two columns. One for Christ and the other for Paul. At the end of the exercise, decide whose follower you are.

This blind dependence on the "Holy Spirit" is what has thrown your Christianity into the big, black hole it's in today. I am free to act like a total slowpoke and attribute my actions to the "Holy Spirit". Your Paul found that out 2,000 years ago. It is only catching on in Nigeria now. so pitiable.

You, my ~Lady~, are the one who really needs to find herself. I found true freedom when i did. If Christ didn't endorse it, it's not for me. Sorry.

O wow, so dependence on the Holy Spirit too is also wrong? Hm well you truly aren't a Christian. Please abeg leave Christ out of your mouth, you are not a follower of his. You are against his teachings.

Incase you haven't realised God wants us to be completely and totally dependent on him and for us to be completely directed by him, rather than on ourselves. Now those people who do atrocious things and say it's because of the holy spirit are wrong, the holy spirit won't lead you to do wrong.
But I don't get the whole Paul statement in that. What did Paul do that was atrocious and that he put on the holy spirit.

@ poster

the church is not the building or place of worship but THE BODY OF CHRIST! Idolatry is worshiping creatures rather than the Creator, who is God.
I have observed the Roman Catholics carefully and am bold to say "WHAT THEY CALL CHRISTIANITY IS DEVILISH". Thank God for the scriptures and for his Holyspirit who teaches us all things.

Roman Catholics are not only the guilty ones, U cud also be one of them who practise Idolatry! It is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of God's judgement.
Examine ur ways and desist from evil!

You haven't examined anything. If the Church is devilish, then so is the Bible, and the Trinity, and your beliefs. Everything you know about Christianity today is dependent on the Church. If we did not keep safe Christianity, it wouldn't be here today, so don't be foolish and back up your claim if you can.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
~Lady~:

I speak from the discussions on this board.

Ok, so why do you believe in Christ, if you don't believe in anything he says or does, because you do not. DOn't fool yourself to think that you do. Christ gave power to men, and you don't believe in the exercise of this power, so why follow him if you don't believe in what he has done?
Also, if you won't take what the apostles say as truth and won't hae regards for them, how can you take the stories of the Gospel true? The apostles wrote them, how do you know that Christ truly did and say what they say he did and say. How can you have regards towards what Christ did or say, when you don't have regards for those who wrote down what he did or said. They could have easily made it up.
[/b]Do you get what I'm saying?

I am saying if you do not hold in regard these people who penned down what Christ said, how can you truly believe that what they said about Christ is true. How can you believe that what Christ said is truly what Christ said?

[b]O wow, so dependence on the Holy Spirit too is also wrong?
Hm well you truly aren't a Christian. Please abeg leave Christ out of your mouth, you are not a follower of his. You are against his teachings.

Incase you haven't realised God wants us to be completely and totally dependent on him and for us to be completely directed by him, rather than on ourselves. Now those people who do atrocious things and say it's because of the holy spirit are wrong, the holy spirit won't lead you to do wrong.[b]
But I don't get the whole Paul statement in that. [/b]What did Paul do that was atrocious and that he put on the holy spirit.

Your response is just a mish-mash of false starts and misdirected talk. Especially the parts i put in bold. Maybe you should read my last post again and modify your response. You don't quite seem to be responding to my post.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2008
I vote paul was a fraud trying to cash in on the rave of the moment who is with me?
Yes we can!
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
a
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2008
carmelily:

Sorry to disappoint you but Paul has no place in my faith. We were never told about him as an "Apostle to the Gentiles" by Christ before he appeared on the scene with his set of doctrines which went quite contraary to most of what Christ preached. If you want to follow Paul, say so outrightly. Christ said the servant is not greater than His master, (if indeed, Paul is as much as a servant) so when in doubt, i default to Christ. simple. I choose to follow Him. You don't have to do that. It's my choice. Get it? Why say you are a "Christian" and be more willing to be a Paulian and attach labels coined by non-"christians" to yourself? What stopped Christ, in His divine wisdom from coining the term? Why didn't He tell us to be sure to follow Paul, as influential to your faith as Paul is today?

this is most absurd. Did you stop reading the bible after St. John?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2008
DavidDylan:

this is most absurd. Did you stop reading the bible after St. John?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2008
carmelily:

Ah ha! at least you get the point that i read (or follow, rather) the Bible with my brains, i.e., selectively smiley

I get the point that you read the bible "selectively" . . . i.e. those parts that agree with your own concocted belief.

I dont get how that makes you read the bible "with your brains" though.

If you think Paul was a heretic then you'd also agree that so was Peter (one of those who ordained Paul), timothy, John, James, Jude and Philemon. In short you dont read the new testament beyond the gospels at all.

Luke was one of Paul's proteges . . . so you must disregard the gospel of Luke too i suppose . . .
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2008
DavidDylan:

I get the point that you read the bible "selectively" . . . i.e. those parts that agree with your own concocted belief.

I don't get how that makes you read the bible "with your brains" though.

If you think Paul was a heretic then you'd also agree that so was Peter (one of those who ordained Paul), timothy, John, James, Jude and Philemon. In short you don't read the new testament beyond the gospels at all.

Luke was one of Paul's proteges . . . so you must disregard the gospel of Luke too i suppose . . .

Look, you say it's my "concocted" belief, right? so it doesn't have to be rational to you, does it? Works for me just fine. You can believe whatever you want to as long as you don't try to force it down my throat, alright with me, dude.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
carmelily:

This blind dependence on the "Holy Spirit" is what has thrown your Christianity into the big, black hole it's in today. I am free to act like a total slowpoke and attribute my actions to the "Holy Spirit". Your Paul found that out 2,000 years ago. It is only catching on in Nigeria now. so pitiable.

I'm not sure u're truly a follower of Christ at all because Christ Himself advocated "blind dependence" on the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you [size=18pt]all[/size] things, and bring [size=18pt]all[/size] things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Or perhaps you don't read St. John too?

I wont be surprised if you're muslim . . . the picture of Cat Stevens in your profile is an almost dead give-away. So many muslims crying about "believing in Christ" today . . . forgetting the true meaning of the name "Christ".
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
carmelily:

Look, you say it's my "concocted" belief, right? so it doesn't have to be rational to you, does it? Works for me just fine. You can believe whatever you want to as long as you don't try to force it down my throat, alright with me, dude.

no one is "forcing" anything down your throat. I'm doing exactly the same thing u've been doing to Lady for the last 5-6 pages . . . showing you and others the inconsistencies in your posts.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by carmelily: 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2008
DavidDylan:

no one is "forcing" anything down your throat. I'm doing exactly the same thing u've been doing to Lady for the last 5-6 pages . . . showing you and others the inconsistencies in your posts.

Lol. Didn't say you were. Read again. My point is, your way isn't logical to me. Mine doesn't necessarily have to be logical to you either. That was what i told Lady when she implied her way was THE WAY. We are all "pointing out inconsistencies" here. Just saying as long as it stops there, COOL.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
carmelily:

Lol. Didn't say you were. Read again. My point is, your way isn't logical to me. Mine doesn't necessarily have to be logical to you either. That was what i told Lady when she implied her way was THE WAY. We are all "pointing out inconsistencies" here. Just saying as long as it stops there, COOL.

no problem. But as long as you claim to "believe in Christ", it would be important to go back to the bible to see what He says vis a vis what you claim He stands for.

The disregard for the Pauline doctrine seems to be more about islamic insecurity than fact. Cool.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2008
Your response is just a mish-mash of false starts and misdirected talk. Especially the parts i put in bold. Maybe you should read my last post again and modify your response. You don't quite seem to be responding to my post.

I see you're even confused about your own posting. I am done with you.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2008
Na wa oh oga david, I thought the real authors of the gospels were unknown?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Lady2(f): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2008
Na wa oh oga david, I thought the real authors of the gospels were unknown?

The real authors of the Gospels are definitely known, for someone who used to be Catholic you should know this, but then again, maybe you didn't and that led to you leaving the faith.
The only way that any Christian knows that the books of the Bible in the New Testament were written by the apostles is because the Catholic Church preserved them and defined them as scripture. SO they can keep on deceiving themselves, it is what it is.

I don't know if David told you that the real authors of the gospels were unknown. Did he?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2008
Lady these are the things I say christians ought to know. I suppose you do not know about the document Q either and the synoptic problem of the gospels.
The catholic church as usual just ascribed the names to those people. In summary we do not really know who they were.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Lady these are the things I say christians ought to know. I suppose you do not know about the document Q either and the synoptic problem of the gospels.
The catholic church as usual just ascribed the names to those people. In summary we do not really know who they were.

No we do. It is pretty well established that the authors of the gospels are known. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

this false idea that "we do not really know who they were" is nothing but an attempt to delegitimise the bible itself.

you talk about "document Q" and the problem with the synoptic gospels. Experience tells us that you dont really know anything about these issues, they are just convenient for you to appropriate as one more excuse to thrash the bible.

1. The "synoptic problem of the gospels" has nothing to do with authorship. Rather it is an issue dealing with which gospel was written first and who used what gospel as a source.

2. Document Q does not exist. It is hypothesised as a possible solution to the problem talked about above. i.e. scholars postulate there must have been a document containing all the words of Jesus that the gospel authors then used as a template for their work.
No such document exists.

You and your cohorts have the habit of producing "mysterious" problems with the bible that you dont properly explain. The aim being to confuse those who wont bother to go and verify them.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2008
Bros david take it easy, the authorship of those books is not known with certainty especially mark and john.
It was in the 2nd century Ad that the gospel according to mark was called that way.
I am not thrashing anything but just for us to ascertain what facts are.
Oh by the way I mentioned document Q and the synoptic problem because I was trying to ascertain if she had an idea about those. No where did I allude it was connected with the authorship being unknown neither did I say document Q existed was a fact I fully know well that it is a hypothesis.
Why don't you ask questions next time you do not understand like
Are you saying the synoptic problem and document Q are connected with the authorship of the books if so why?
Not for my good or yours but for people reading this.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Bros david take it easy, the authorship of those books is not known with certainty especially mark and john.
It was in the 2nd century Ad that the gospel according to mark was called that way.
I am not thrashing anything but just for us to ascertain what facts are.
Oh by the way I mentioned document Q and the synoptic problem because I was trying to ascertain if she had an idea about those. No where did I allude it was connected with the authorship being unknown neither did I say document Q existed was a fact I fully know well that it is a hypothesis.
Why don't you ask questions next time you do not understand like
Are you saying the synoptic problem and document Q are connected with the authorship of the books if so why?
Not for my good or yours but for people reading this.

1. the authorship of the gospels are well known. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

2. The same reasons adduced for doubting the authorship of the gospels would also question authorship of several historical documents whose authorship is never put to debate.

3. You brought up the issues of synoptic problems in the gospels and document Q in a discussion where you question the authorship of the gospels. You therefore must understand why i assumed you meant they were related.

4. eusebius quotes Papias (born around AD 70, about the time the gospels were being written) to have said this about Mark and Matthew -

Mark having become the interpreter of Peter, wrote down accurately whatsoever he remembered. It was not, however, in exact order that he related the sayings or deeds of Christ. For he neither heard the Lord nor accompanied Him. But afterwards, as I said, he accompanied Peter, who accommodated his instructions to the necessities [of his hearers], but with no intention of giving a regular narrative of the Lord's sayings. Wherefore Mark made no mistake in thus writing some things as he remembered them. For of one thing he took especial care, not to omit anything he had heard, and not to put anything fictitious into the statements. Matthew put together the oracles [of the Lord] in the Hebrew language, and each one interpreted them as best he could.

5. It would be pointless to "ask questions" as you posit i shld have done because i know your mindset already. It is not one interested in a genuine thirst for knowledge about the bible than one more interested in using any poorly understood hypothesis to delegitimize the bible.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2008
Before I go on I think its important we iron out some things,
Are you saying that only if I agree to your own assertions would I be searching for knowledge?
And let me set your mindset about my mindset straight, simply put I am skeptical as most people will be if they found the real deal about these books.
Like I said earlier don't you think asking and clarifying from me is a lot better than assuming?
I ask you once again if someone does not agree with you does that mean they are wrong and not really seeking the truth?
Are you the custodian of all knowledge?
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2008
Now lets clear up other things,
the text of the Gospel According to Mark does not specifically identify anyone as the author. Not even "Mark" is identified as the author - in theory, "Mark" could have simply related a series of events and stories to someone else who collected them, edited them, and arrange them in the gospel form.
I guess you know that Papias' claims were based upon things he said he heard from a "Presbyter." Eusebius himself is not an entirely trustworthy source, though, and even he had doubts about Papias, a writer who evidently was given to embellishment. Eusebius does imply that Mark died in the 8th year of Nero's reign, which would have been before Peter died - a contradiction to the tradition that Mark wrote down Peter's stories after his death.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Before I go on I think its important we iron out some things,
Are you saying that only if I agree to your own assertions would I be searching for knowledge?

that has not been my point at all and never will be. I dont always agree with certain posters but i know when to admit they are more knowledgeable than me in certain situations.

Agreeing with me is not the same as "searching for knowledge". you can disagree with me and yet still search for knowledge. But when you cling desperately to just about every drowning straw all in a bid to delegitimise the bible then i know you're not one to be taken seriously.

Chrisbenogor:

And let me set your mindset about my mindset straight, simply put I am skeptical as most people will be if they found the real deal about these books.

1. That you are a skeptic is not in doubt.

2. Your "real deal about these books" turns out to be a lot of fluff you yourself dont understand. You seem to just skim through the internet looking for anything to say "oh the bible cant be believed". when they get torn apart you start huffing and puffing.

Chrisbenogor:

Like I said earlier don't you think asking and clarifying from me is a lot better than assuming?

In your case its better to assume. More often than not its the truth even though you deny it.

Chrisbenogor:

I ask you once again if someone does not agree with you does that mean they are wrong and not really seeking the truth?

No. A person seeking the truth is easy to decipher. you're not one.

Chrisbenogor:

Are you the custodian of all knowledge?

How does that relate to anything? undecided
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2008
So you are assuming then, no one reading this should take you seriously.
I see no reason why you are being overtly on the defensive, all we are trying to do is to lay the facts down as we best know them, there is no need to bring up all these many kini you are saying.
That the authors are unknown is the issue here david lets focus.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2008
I see no reason why you are being overtly on the defensive, all we are trying to do is to lay the facts down as we best know them, there is no need to bring up all these many kini you are saying.
That the authors are unknown is the issue here not whether what they wrote should be believed, david lets focus.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

I see no reason why you are being overtly on the defensive, [b]all we are trying to do is to lay the facts do[/b]wn as we best know them, there is no need to bring up all these many kini you are saying.

You dont have any "facts" to back up your claims. Your aim has been to muddy the waters by bringing up irrelevant stuff like document Q.

Chrisbenogor:

That the authors are unknown is the issue here not whether what they wrote should be believed, david lets focus.

the authors are known. You cant make a falsehood true by repeating it forever.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2008
Lets focus again david leave falsehood aside, all the evidence you have that it was mark is from Eusebio if there are any please show us.
Repeating that they are well known is not true and that is the real falsehood that abounds in the church.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by DavidDylan(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Lets focus again david leave falsehood aside, all the evidence you have that it was mark is from Eusebio if there are any please show us.
Repeating that they are well known is not true and that is the real falsehood that abounds in the church.

No Eusebius quoted Papias . . . a more reliable source.

You have presented no evidence at all of your position. Bone-headed denial is not going to sway this argument. Best to start doing a lot better than just blabbering about document Q. If you dont have any evidence then it would be better if you dont continue forcing an issue you dont have any understanding about . . . as has been ur stock-in-trade for so long.
Re: Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2008
Simple question david, did the authors of those books state who they were?
Or were the authors infered?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / This Pastor Made An Accurate Prophecy About Naira Marley In 2022 (video) / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.