Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Question For Atheists And Religious People - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists And Religious People (10544 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Questions For Atheists!!! / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
pingu2k5:

One Solitary Life
Nearly two thousand years ago in an
obscure village, a child was born of a
peasant woman. He grew up in another
village where He worked as a carpenter until
He was thirty. Then for three years He
became an itinerant preacher.
This man never went to college or seminary.
He never wrote a book. He never held a
public office. He never had a family nor
owned a home. He never put His foot inside
a big city nor traveled even 200 miles from
His birthplace. And though He never did any
of the things that usually accompany
greatness, throngs of people followed
Him. He had no credentials but Himself.
While He was still young, the tide of public
opinion turned against Him. His followers
ran away. He was turned over to His
enemies and sentenced to death on a cross
between two thieves. While He was dying,
His executioners gambled for the only piece
of property He had on earth – the simple
coat He had worn. His body was laid in a
borrowed grave provided by a
compassionate friend.
But three days later this Man arose from the
dead – living proof that He was, as He had
claimed, the Savior whom God had sent, the
Incarnate Son of God.
Nineteen centuries have come and gone and
today the risen Lord Jesus Christ is the
central figure of the human race. On our
calendars His birth divides history into two
eras. One day of every week is set aside in
remembrance of Him. And our two most
important holidays celebrate His birth and
resurrection. On church steeples around the
world, His cross has become the symbol of
victory over sin and death.
This one Man’s life has furnished the theme
for more songs, books, poems and paintings
than any other person or event in history.
Thousands of colleges, hospitals,
orphanages and other institutions have been
founded in honor of this One who gave His
life for us.
All the armies that ever marched, all the
navies that ever sailed, all the governments
that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned
have not changed the course of history as
much as this One Solitary Life.

Atheists, hope you all see this. NICE!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by philip0906(m): 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
naijasexy:

There is no convincing you atheists is there? What further proof do  you need for you to accept the simple truth that there is a God? Or do you really believe the poo that the whole earth came about from one "big slam" as these lame scientists who would go to any extent to prove the points they spew in textbooks and documentaries lead you to believe? How can you be open to the truth when you are so close-minded and wont want to view things from other angles/perspectives? Bitter as it may taste on your tongue, you are a living witness that there is a God and the earlier you accept it the better it would be for you.

OOH YEAH!!! I know. You guys have so much been blinded by all these tales of evolution and unbelievable rantings that life was created out of nothing. How plausible is that? Life begot life and nothing can be formed out of nothing. And to all of you saying that you would only come to terms with the belief that there is a God the moment he appears to you physically! oh Jeez!  Well  might be a shocker but this God we are talking about is a spiritual entity that sometimes takes the form of physical beings to appear to ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WILLING to see him and ONLY THOSE who keep an open mind. and that man/woman who said he/she is waiting for God to reach the mobile phones of everyone at the same time, you go wait tire because funny thing is that this God does not really care about proving a point to you (only if you are a special case---probably someone who has been destined to be of usefulness to him and you are trying to prove stubborn.) Do you go about begging people who have failed to acknowledge your existence to take cognizance of your presence? I bet you do not.

It is so sad when I have to take some biology courses and even the professor himself believes that there is a God but still spits all the nonsense he vomits when he is treating evolution. How do you go about to explain the impeccable nature of the earth and the whole solar system i guess you would say by this same "LIFE-OUT-OF-NOTHING" theories. Our God works with faith and in Christianity, seeing is not believing, believing is seeing (yes, I said it!!!) I am sure he is watching you driving your fingers on your keyboard and laughing so hard at you coz you are failing to behold an easy truth. My own is that, nobody can tell me that there is no God coz I am a living witness of God's miracles. if you like, keep believing in your " THERE IS NO GOD " theories. na your toro!

His word is there,  in the bible. if you are so interested in proving him non-existent, go read it. Keep an open mind. And if you still fail to see proof? well continue to wallow in unbelief. I believe that God will open your eyes one day. Peace.

@bolded
Nice points. . .Like I always tell 'em,his words are there 4 u.Just read it,believe it and prove him.I have witnessed God in my lyfe and I don't need anyone to tell me that God exists,not because I think he does,but because I have personally witnessed him
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by 3kay945(m): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2011
fyomer:

@Harakiri,false!!!!,ignorance would never let you find out,because atheist enjoy wallowing in sin,with the fear of not wanting any Supreme being watching at them,you guys are looking for excuse to modernize long dead traditional belief in Africa"mind you this all started in the west" life continues after death,clutch your bedcover over your head tonight and give it a deep deep thought.Get back to me with positive reply. GOD LIVES.
Pls, cool down and read this your post again, it look childish. You make no point and prove nothing. Am sorry.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
Guys, fancy word play at best (concerning the verses above.)
why are we quick to forget what happened in the crusaders era, !
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
for someone who believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and life sucks! a wonder his hold on Religion is quite strong
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

for someone who believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and life sucks! a wonder his hold on Religion is quite strong
Nice one, i was almost going to say that as well, but i just tot that was too easy of a target, lol grin grin grin
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
As i stated earlier, "I'm not an atheist. There's a really big difference between an atheist and someone who just doesn't believe in religion. Religion to me is a bureaucracy between man and god that I don't need. But I'm not an atheist, no." I believe there's some force.
If you want to call it god fine (good for you), but well I don't believe god is a single parent, like the Christians do grin.
Religion has caused to much deaths in this world, dating from way back, its just not fair we kill people for what we are not sure about.
(christians "crusaders",
muslims "fanatics, terrorists etc"
and Every other religion in-between)
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
philip0906:

Did my post hurt u or u are already feeling guilty?take heart,just d Gospel truth undecided

Actually, the "gospel truth" is your so naive, you can't see beyond your nose. Atheists live a practical life based on facts. Like a poster asked you earlier, you didn't go through school and defend your projects based on what you heard alone. . .you proved your worth. If i were to ask you if your kids were really yours, you would waste no time in showing me the resemblances and DNA paternity test. Why is it different when it comes to religion? You are talking as if you know anything about religion whereas you're awareness is zilch! ! !
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Tunmi(f): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2011
naijasexy:

There is no convincing you atheists is there? What further proof do  you need for you to accept the simple truth that there is a God? Or do you really believe the poo that the whole earth came about from one "big slam" as these lame scientists who would go to any extent to prove the points they spew in textbooks and documentaries lead you to believe? How can you be open to the truth when you are so close-minded and wont want to view things from other angles/perspectives?
Therein lies the truth. There is no proof that there is a God. And that whole "big poo" thing has been supported. It is not a law yet, but it is a theory--with backing. That thing called evidence is seriously powerful.

Bitter as it may taste on your tongue, you are a living witness that there is a God and the earlier you accept it the better it would be for you.
Now this right here sounds like some old fashioned brainwashing.

OOH YEAH!!! I know. You guys have so much been blinded by all these tales of evolution and unbelievable rantings that life was created out of nothing.
And so have you.

How plausible is that? Life begot life and nothing can be formed out of nothing.
Yeah Francesco Redi and Louis Pasteur, "lame scientists," proved your point. smiley

And to all of you saying that you would only come to terms with the belief that there is a God the moment he appears to you physically! oh Jeez!  Well  might be a shocker but this God we are talking about is a spiritual entity that sometimes takes the form of physical beings to appear to ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WILLING to see him and ONLY THOSE who keep an open mind.
I am open-minded. Honestly, I am. Still haven't seen this guy/lady

and that man/woman who said he/she is waiting for God to reach the mobile phones of everyone at the same time, you go wait tire because funny thing is that this God does not really care about proving a point to you (only if you are a special case---probably someone who has been destined to be of usefulness to him and you are trying to prove stubborn.) Do you go about begging people who have failed to acknowledge your existence to take cognizance of your presence? I bet you do not.
Except he is an all-knowing God. Doing something like this would be like child's play.

It is so sad when I have to take some biology courses and even the professor himself believes that there is a God but still spits all the nonsense he vomits when he is treating evolution. How do you go about to explain the impeccable nature of the earth and the whole solar system i guess you would say by this same "LIFE-OUT-OF-NOTHING" theories.
Evolution has proof. I mean, come on, you wanna deny DNA? Really? Again Redi and Pasteur disproved the whole "LIFE-OUT-OF-NOTHING" bit. There is more than one solar system, we live in the Milky Way. The universe is very old and you have stars, dust, planets, planet pieces, and moons. And it's a process, a long process.

Our God works with faith and in Christianity, seeing is not believing, believing is seeing (yes, I said it!!!) I am sure he is watching you driving your fingers on your keyboard and laughing so hard at you coz you are failing to behold an easy truth. My own is that, nobody can tell me that there is no God coz I am a living witness of God's miracles. if you like, keep believing in your " THERE IS NO GOD " theories. na your toro!
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B. Anthony
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Tunmi(f): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
big_sean:

As i stated earlier, "I'm not an atheist. There's a really big difference between an atheist and someone who just doesn't believe in religion. Religion to me is a bureaucracy between man and god that I don't need. But I'm not an atheist, no." I believe there's some force.
If you want to call it god fine (good for you), but well I don't believe god is a single parent, like the Christians do grin.
Religion has caused to much deaths in this world, dating from way back, its just not fair we kill people for what we are not sure about.
(christians "crusaders",

This is where I am. Thanks for putting it so well cheesy
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by fyomer: 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
[size=15pt]@HARAKIRI AND CO PLS SURRENDER YOUR LIVES AND BE SAVED.I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.GOD REIGNS FOREVER.[/size]
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

Actually, the "gospel truth" is your so naive, you can't see beyond your nose. Atheists live a practical life based on facts. Like a poster asked you earlier, you didn't go through school and defend your projects based on what you heard alone. . .you proved your worth. If i were to ask you if your kids were really yours, you would waste no time in showing me the resemblances and DNA paternity test. Why is it different when it comes to religion? You are talking as if you know anything about religion whereas you're awareness is zilch! ! !

Harakiri, I have been following your posts and I must say you strike me as intelligent but (un)fortunately, we dont stand on the same ground when it comes to this issue. Thing is: Before ever you(in a general sense) took a further step to defend your projects, you must have believed that there is some credibility in whatever that project represents that was why you ever bothered to prove it. There are somethings I would like to chip in after these few lines, but let me ask you first: Have you ever believed in a God? (If yes,) what made you to shut down your belief in that God? And can you please tell me what religion  you belonged to (if ever you belong to one?) I am watching for your response with avid eyes.
Cheers.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
REP S NIG:
Men, this is just the height of idiocy! Has this fellow ever studied the human brain for example? Just watch Nat Geo wild!

And what conclusion do you draw from that? God did it?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by fyomer: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
3kay945 « #98 on: Today at 06:20:52 PM:

Pls, cool down and read this your post again, it look childish. You make no point and prove nothing. Am sorry.
Thanks for pointing out more reasons why it hurts.Atheist my foot.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
fyomer:

[size=15pt]@HARAKIRI AND CO PLS SURRENDER YOUR LIVES AND BE SAVED.I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.GOD REIGNS FOREVER.[/size]

And what concrete evidence can you bring to the table to prove his/her/it's existence other than what you have been spoon fed and brainwashed with from childhood? Hmmm?

Same ol Same ol dry sentiments that yield nothing! ! !
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
philip0906:

Gbam. . .more like it.I was born a Christian and went 2 church every sunday with my Bible.At the age of 13,I begin to wonder where God is and how I'll know he does exist.I was tired of hearing what my pastor was teaching me and what my dad was teaching me as I wanted proof,so my much older friend shows me around the Bible where God spells out conditions to know he exists,since he is not going to be shoved around by his creature. . .so,I obey all he commands me 4rm his dos and don'ts. . .That was it

Let me get this straight. You believe in God because you saw it in the Bible? Why do you believe the information in the Bible is accurate? Do you really obey all his commands? e.g, are you willing to kill your child if they change their religion?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
big_sean:

If you want to call it god fine (good for you),  but well I don't believe god is a single parent, like the Christians do grin.
(christians "crusaders",

You believe in a force you cannot see (I suppose). Does that not equate to believing in a God I cannot see?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
@naijasexy (nice username by the way wink)
my comment means i do not know/have all the answers (and i admit that) and i have a truly open mind to know/seek whats true and whats not.
But Religion(s) on the other hand, are so sold to thinking that they are so right or they have all the answers (which they clearly don't, duh!)
Its funny how pple use logic for their everyday living but when it comes to religion, logic is the first thing thrown out the window.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
naijasexy:

Harakiri, I have been following your posts and I must say you strike me as intelligent but (un)fortunately, we dont stand on the same ground when it comes to this issue. Thing is: Before ever you(in a general sense) took a further step to defend your projects, you must have believed that there is some credibility in whatever that project represents that was why you ever bothered to prove it. There are somethings I would like to chip in after these few lines, but let me ask you first: Have you ever believed in a God? (If yes,) what made you to shut down your belief in that God? And can you please tell me what religion  you belonged to (if ever you belong to one?) I am watching for your response with avid eyes.
Cheers.

To start with, what "ground" exactly do you stand on? What do you mean by the statement "you must have believed in some credibility in the projects"? Projects/Experiments are all theorems that require concrete PROOF beyond all reasonable doubt before they can be accepted as FACT! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with "belief". It dwells on the borders of reasonable thought out processes and unshakable logical sense. Concerning your question about what religion i "belonged" to, all you need to do is read through the thread thoroughly. Let me help you out, i was once a staunch Christian (if that helps). During my "Christian days", i studied the bible and Christianity as a whole NOT because i wanted "abundant blessings" and "divine favor" but because i wanted to really understand it's true essence. To cut the story short, the deeper i went, the more shallow it all became. At a point, i had more than enough to convince me that it was all crap! ! !

If you doubt me, start by showing at least ONE credible fact to show that the bible and Christianity is not a man-made creation? Mind you, refering back to your "holy bible" is out of it. It's as ridiculous as defending the authenticity of Christmas with Santa Claus! ! !
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
There is no basis to believe in religion/ a supernatural being. The ONLY reason people believe in 'God' is because of what lies they have been fed from 'holy books'. No one has seen god, the all 'powerful God' is either weak to prevent natural disasters or mean enough to let it happen. Religious nut jobs will always give you the 'everything happens for a reason' line.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
LOGIC is a very powerful tool (God endorses it wholly), it is what has toppled dictatorships across political and religious themes, when people actually start thinking for themselves and form reason that is not based on blind faith and religious doctrines, they (religionists) become quite uppity and (Thank GOD) they no longer persecute thinkers in this day and age, save for the annoying mega-phones by my fence 4:30 AM everyday but sunday.

The weird thing is. It is all in the Bible a lot of christians claim to understand deeply
Prov 24:3-4 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

Let us break it down
What is Knowledge : It is about Facts, Gathering Information and Learning from it.
What is Understanding: It is finding Meaning to knowledge and understanding its Principles thus defining a Reason for it
What is Wisdom:  Experience/Discernment gained through building on knowledge and gaining understanding and having the good judgement to apply it in good quality (without bias or sentiments)

There were times the Church using the same unchanged Bible of today will condemn men to death for harboring the thought that the Earth was not FLAT and it was not the center of the Universe.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
deadie:

There is no basis to believe in religion/ a supernatural being. The ONLY reason people believe in 'God' is because of what lies they have been fed from 'holy books'. No one has seen god, the all 'powerful God' is either weak to prevent natural disasters or mean enough to let it happen. Religious nut jobs will always give you the 'everything happens for a reason' line.  

Please, tell them.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

If you doubt me, start by showing at least ONE credible fact to show that the bible and Christianity is not a man-made creation? Mind you, refering back to your "holy bible" is out of it. It's as ridiculous as defending the authenticity of Christmas with Santa Claus! ! !

You are not playing fair, haba!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

You are not playing fair, haba!

lol

I'm being realistic. If they have the cohones to flap their gums about a "god" they haven't seen before, they should have the balls to show concrete proof.

Tell me, ain't that fair enough?

Hmmmm?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by globexl: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
Here we go again. the issues raised in this thread are so many that I dont even know where to start.
First @ sweetnecta . Sweetnecta asked whetehr their has been any bridge that designed itself. The answer is no.But that is a false analogy. A brigde is designed and built by teams of designers, engineers and workers of different deciplines who themselves had priors education and training on the laws of Physics as it pertains to building bridges. The brigde comes about as a result of the collaboration of these teams of engineers and the different processes over a period of time. A process is involved.
To sweetnecta and those who claim that only an omnipotent and omnipresent god could have created the universe, that is ok. But let me ask you this question, and pls pls answer me:How did the omnipotent god come about without a prior source or another designer? If God created himself, that is , he ramdomnly appeared out of nothing, then why couldn't have the universe appeared out of a random big bang as well? Do you see how your blind faith belief contradicts itself. You believe that god self-created himself(CAME TO BE FROM NOTHING) and at the same time you beleive that the universe could not have come  to be from of nothing. How do you explain that contradiction?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
globexl:

Here we go again. the issues raised in this thread are so many that I dont even know where to start.
First @ sweetnecta . Sweetnecta asked whetehr their has been any bridge that designed itself. The answer is no.But that is a false analogy. A brigde is designed and built by teams of designers, engineers and workers of different deciplines who themselves had priors education and training on the laws of Physics as it pertains to building bridges. The brigde comes about as a result of the collaboration of these teams of engineers and the different processes over a period of time. A process is involved.
To sweetnecta and those who claim that only an omnipotent and omnipresent god could have created the universe, that is ok. But let me ask you this question, and pls pls answer me:How did the omnipotent god come about without a prior source or another designer? If God created himself, that is , he ramdomnly appeared out of nothing, then why couldn't have the universe appeared out of a random big slam as well? Do you see how your blind faith belief contradicts itself. You believe that god self-created himself(CAME TO BE FROM NOTHING) and at the same time you beleive that the universe could not have come  to be from of nothing. How do you explain that contradiction?
An interesting context I have not being able to boldly take a position on

Can Good come out of Evil (Surely some good has come out of evil as evidenced throughout history) but can Evil come out of Good -- hhmm
Can you get clean water out of dirty water - yes definitely, but can you get dirty water out of clean water -- hmmn
Can God come out of Nothing , Can Nothing come out from God -- therein lies the scary answer
Which came first - The Chicken - or the Egg? Is Nothing really something - perhaps a progenitor of Gods
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by marcus1234: 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
marcus1234:

the TRUTH has to be understood[img]http://2.s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=E6E6E5/txt=E6E6E5/border=E6E6E5/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]
[img]http://s07.flagcounter.com/count/DymW/bg=E6E6E5/txt=E6E6E5/border=E6E6E5/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/[/img]

And what is this "truth"?

Also, what's up with the American flag images? Kinda corny if you ask me.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

And what is this "truth"?

Also, what's up with the American flag images? Kinda corny if you ask me.

No mind @marcus1234 I have learned he is some sort of Artificial Intelligent life-form - always short comments from day one -can you beat that?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by manmustwac(m): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
globexl:

To sweetnecta and those who claim that only an omnipotent and omnipresent god could have created the universe, that is ok. But let me ask you this question, and pls pls answer me:How did the omnipotent god come about without a prior source or another designer? [b]If God created himself, that is , he ramdomnly appeared out of nothing, then why couldn't have the universe appeared out of a random big slam as well? Do you see how your blind faith belief contradicts itself. You believe that god self-created himself(CAME TO BE FROM NOTHING) and at the same time you beleive that the universe could not have come  to be from of nothing. How do you explain that contradiction?
[/b]Well said i would love sweetnecta and the other theists to answer the question in the red?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by tEsLim(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2011
God should descend a big bible from heavens for everyone to read. God authorized VERSION of the hit book #1 selling story titled "The Holy Bible" cheesy I'll believe him instantly.  But unfortunately that dude is a coward.  He's the most selling fictional character and world most popular imaginary friend!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
tEsLim:

God should descend a big bible from heavens for everyone to read. God authorized VERSION of the hit book #1 selling story titled "The Holy Bible" cheesy I'll believe him instantly.  But unfortunately that dude is a coward.  He's the most selling fictional character and world most popular imaginary friend!

So true cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday / When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.