Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Question For Atheists And Religious People - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists And Religious People (10545 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Questions For Atheists!!! / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by globexl: 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
deadie:

slowpoke, if you work out the probabilities of all the particles in the universe interacting, you will know that it is such a big deal. By the way, DNA isn't perfect. If it were, there would be no mutations, diseases, etc. Or couldn't your God just make it better?

Ignorance is bliss indeed. hvae you heard of natural selection, adaptation, and survival of the fittest over a period of 4.7 billion years. Its seems that your mind may be too small to comprehend. It seems that people mould their beliefs in direct proportion to the size of their minds.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by globexl: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
Sorry. Highlighted the wrong post. was for sexkills.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by tEsLim(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
Now [b]sexkillz [/b]is boring the thread with copy and paste questions and putting them one at a time instead of all at once
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by globexl: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
sorry deadie
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
[size=19pt]DO MUTATIONS OR NATURAL SELECTION PRODUCE NEW SPECIES? [/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
Theory of the survival of the fittest has more to do with changing environment (diseases) and competition for scarce resources. But as higher beings with resources, emotions and reason, we can make collective sacrifice. I don't know if that could be said of you. And, would you attribute altruism to God?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=19pt]DO MUTATIONS OR NATURAL SELECTION PRODUCE NEW SPECIES? [/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are an obvious retard. I wouldn't waste time on you anymore.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 9:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
globexl:

sorry deadie
smiley It's ok bro
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
deadie:

Theory of the survival of the fittest has more to do with changing environment (diseases) and competition for scarce resources. But as higher beings with resources, [size=15pt]emotions and reason,[/size] we can make collective sacrifice. I don't know if that could be said of you. And, would you attribute altruism to God?
[size=19pt]IS THINKING A SENSE FOUND IN NATURE? SHOULD YOU USE IT AS A BASIS FOR THOUGHT OR LOGIC?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[/size]
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
[b]The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is developing a multilegged robot that walks like a scorpion, and engineers in Finland have already developed a six-legged tractor that can climb over obstacles the way a giant insect would. Other researchers have designed fabric with small flaps that imitate the way pinecones open and close. A car manufacturer is developing a vehicle that imitates the surprisingly low-drag design of the boxfish. And other researchers are probing the shock-absorbing properties of abalone shells, with the intention of making lighter, stronger body armor.
So many good ideas have come from nature that researchers have established a database that already catalogs thousands of different biological systems. Scientists can search this database to find “natural solutions to their design problems,” says The Economist. The natural systems held in this database are known as “biological patents.” Normally, a patent holder is the person or company that legally registers a new idea or machine. Discussing this biological patent database, The Economist says: “By calling biomimetic tricks ‘biological patents’, the researchers are just emphasising that nature is, in effect, the patent holder.”
How did nature come up with all these brilliant ideas? Many researchers would attribute the seemingly ingenious designs evident in nature to millions of years of evolutionary trial and error. Other researchers, though, arrive at a different conclusion. Microbiologist Michael Behe wrote in The New York Times in 2005: “The strong appearance of design [in nature] allows a disarmingly simple argument: if it looks, walks and quacks like a duck, then, absent compelling evidence to the contrary, we have warrant to conclude it’s a duck.” His conclusion? “Design should not be overlooked simply because it’s so obvious.”
Surely, the engineer who designs a safer, more efficient aircraft wing would deserve to receive credit for his design. Likewise, the inventor who devises a more versatile bandage—or a more comfortable clothing material or a more efficient motor vehicle—deserves credit for his or her design. In fact, a manufacturer who copies someone else’s design but fails to acknowledge or credit the designer may be viewed as a criminal.

[size=13pt]Does it seem logical to you, then, for highly trained researchers who crudely mimic systems in nature to solve difficult engineering problems to attribute the genius of devising the original idea to unintelligent evolution? If the copy requires an intelligent designer, what about the original? Really, who deserves more credit, the master artist or the student who imitates his technique?[/size]
[/b]
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
[size=15pt]HOW DID NATURE COME UP WITH SO MANY GOOD IDEAS?

HOW COME THE SUN IS AT THE PERFECT POSITION TO SUPPORT LIFE ON EARTH?

HOW COME THE EARTH IS AT THE PERFECT DISTANCE FROM THE SUN?[/size]

[size=19pt]WHICH CAME FIRST?. . . . . . . . . . . THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG? [/size]grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=15pt]NO INTELLIGENT REPLIES YET!!! IT ALLLLL POINTS TO A VERY INTELLIGENT DESIGNER & CREATOR:[/size] [size=29pt]GOD!!!!![/size] DEAL WITH IT!!! cool cool cool
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Kenyy: 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
Atheist are ethical thinkers, religious people are rarely thinkers at all.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=19pt]WHICH CAME FIRST?. . . . . . . . . . . THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG? [/size]grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=15pt]NO INTELLIGENT REPLIES YET!!! IT ALLLLL POINTS TO A VERY INTELLIGENT DESIGNER & CREATOR:[/size] [size=29pt]GOD!!!!![/size] DEAL WITH IT!!! cool cool cool

You're an embarrassment. Do you know that? You can't even type a single sentence that makes sense and the best you can do is dig up trash all over the net and spam nairaland with copy and paste unsolicited quotes. Just hope the moderators haven't seen this yet.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by harakiri(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
Kenyy:

Atheist are ethical thinkers, religious people are rarely thinkers at all.

Please,remind them.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

You're an embarrassment. Do you know that? You can't even type a single sentence that makes sense and the best you can do is dig up trash all over the net and spam nairaland with copy and paste unsolicited quotes. Just hope the moderators haven't seen this yet.

grin grin grin You took over from me. I got tired of the du.mb 4ck. My cousin once said: "Do not argue with a fo.ol. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience." grin grin grin
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
harakiri:

TYPICAL DEFEATIST ATTITUDE!!! CANT EVEN ANSWER ONE QUESTION AND YOU SEE YOUR SELF SO SMART!!!!

[size=19pt]WHY DO ATHEISTS ALWAYS GET SOOOO INSULTING WHEN POSED WITH QUESTIONS THEY CANT ANSWER??[/size] undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by manmustwac(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2011
[size=24pt]@SEXKILLZ[/size]
[size=24pt]WHO CREATED GOD? OR WHO CREATED THE CREATOR THAT CREATED GOD? IF GOD SOMEHOW MANAGED TO CREATED HIMSELF HOW DID HE MANAGE TO DO SO FROM ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? HOW DID HE MANAGE TO EDUCATE HIMSELF WITHOUT ANY FORMAL EDUCATION? BECAUSE WITHOUT ANY FORMAL EDUCATION HOW COULD HE CREATE THE DINOSAURS OR DNA?[/size]

I EAGARLY AWAIT YOUR ANSWERS.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
deadie:

grin grin grin You took over from me. I got tired of the du.mb 4ck. My cousin once said: "Do not argue with a fo.ol. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience." grin grin grin

LOL!!! I'M A KIND OF CHRISTIAN THAT DOESNT BELIEVE IN HELL FIRE!, TRINITY!, AND SO MANY BELIEFS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY!!! I ALSO BELIEVE THAT RELIGION IS TO BLAME FOR MANKIND'S WOES! YOU GUYS ARE SOOO INSULTING! I CANT SEE MY SELF TRYING TO REASON WITH ANY OF YOU! YOU DONT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE!!!! SO? HOW WOULD YOU BELIEVE A WORD I SAY FROM THE BIBLE?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
manmustwac:

[size=24pt]@SEXKILLZ[/size]
[size=24pt]WHO CREATED GOD? OR WHO CREATED THE CREATOR THAT CREATED GOD? IF GOD SOMEHOW MANAGED TO CREATED HIMSELF HOW DID HE MANAGE TO DO SO FROM ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? HOW DID HE MANAGE TO EDUCATE HIMSELF WITHOUT ANY FORMAL EDUCATION? BECAUSE WITHOUT ANY FORMAL EDUCATION HOW COULD HE CREATE THE DINOSAURS OR DNA?[/size]

I EAGARLY AWAIT YOUR ANSWERS.

GOD is the Creator of all things, the great First Cause; hence he is uncreated, without beginning. In number his years are beyond searching. It is impossible to place an age upon him, for there is no starting point from which to measure. Though ageless, he is properly called “the Ancient of Days” since his existence stretches endlessly into the past.  He is also without future end  being incorruptible, undying. He is therefore called “the King of eternity”to whom a thousand years are but as a night watch of a few hours.

Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by globexl: 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

LOL!!! I'M A KIND OF CHRISTIAN THAT DOESNT BELIEVE IN HELL FIRE!, TRINITY!, AND SO MANY BELIEFS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY!!! I ALSO BELIEVE THAT RELIGION IS TO BLAME FOR MANKIND'S WOES! YOU GUYS ARE SOOO INSULTING! I CANT SEE MY SELF TRYING TO REASON WITH ANY OF YOU! YOU DONT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE!!!! SO? HOW WOULD YOU BELIEVE A WORD I SAY FROM THE BIBLE?
Very interesting. You dont believe in the key articles of your faith. HHHHMMMM. So you have have long realized that its all a fraud? Thank you very much for validating all we have been trying to say.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

LOL!!! I'M A KIND OF CHRISTIAN THAT DOESNT BELIEVE IN HELL FIRE!, TRINITY!, AND SO MANY BELIEFS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY!!! [/b]I ALSO BELIEVE THAT RELIGION IS TO BLAME FOR MANKIND'S WOES! YOU GUYS ARE SOOO INSULTING! I CANT SEE MY SELF TRYING TO [b]REASON WITH ANY OF YOU! YOU DONT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE!!!! SO? HOW WOULD YOU BELIEVE A WORD I SAY FROM THE BIBLE?

I decided not to respond to you any more, but you raised two issues (bolded) which I will like to address.
1. So you do not believe in some aspects of the bible doubt your 'holy' book? That's says so much about it then. If you doubt some portion, why do you believe in other parts? Do you get to choose which part to believe in?
2. Like you reason?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Kenyy: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.

Besides, the more man clings to religion, the more he believes. The more he believes, the less he knows. The less he knows, the more silly he is. The more silly, the easier he can be governed! The easier to govern, the better he may be exploited. The more exploited, the poorer he gets. The poorer he gets, the richer and mightier the domineering classes get, the more riches and power they amass, the heavier their yoke upon the neck of the people. Furthermore, give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
[size=15pt]I'LL REALLY ENJOY ARGUING WITH ATHEISTS BUT THEY SHOULD STOP QUOTING BITS OF THE BIBLE THAT ONLY SUPPORTS THEIR ARGUMENT! FOR YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST THE BIBLE TO BE SOLID, YOU MUST HAVE READ THE BIBLE FROM COVER TO COVER! ANY ATHEIST THAT CAN COME OUT AND BOLDLY SAY THAT HE HAS READ THE BIBLE COVER TO COVER AND THAT HE HAS A COPY OF THE BIBLE, IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO HAVE A REASONABLE ARGUMENT FROM THERE WITH ME!!!

I'M WAITING! cool
[/size]
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
Do not argue with fo.ols and religious nut jobs.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
deadie:

I decided not to respond to you any more, but you raised two issues (bolded) which I will like to address.
1. So you do not believe in some aspects of the bible doubt your 'holy' book? That's says so much about it then. If you doubt some portion, why do you believe in other parts? Do you get to choose which part to believe in?
2. Like you reason?

globexl:

Very interesting. You dont believe in the key articles of your faith. HHHHMMMM. So you have have long realized that its all a fraud? Thank you very much for validating all we have been trying to say.

GOOD! YOU GUYS MADE SOME SENSE!!! THERE IS FALSE RELIGION AND TRUE RELIGION!!!
MY RELIGION TEACHES THAT GOD IS A LOVING GOD SO PEOPLE DONT BURN IN HELL!!! THAT IS CRUELTY! GOD IS NOT CRUEL!
THE TRINITY DOEST NOT EXIST!!! HELL FIRE DOES NOT EXIST!!!

YOU GUYS WERE QUICK TO GENERALIZE CHRISTIANITY! DONT! NOT ALL ARE THE SAME!!! BUT FIRST, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO HEAR ME OUT!!!
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
deadie:

Do not argue with fo.ols and religious nut jobs.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
PLS TRY NOT TO GET ON MY BAD SIDE!!! I COULD BE VERY INSULTING TOO! 3 THREADS WERE LOCKED IN 3 DAYS BECAUSE OF MY INSULTS!!! KINDLY DONT TOW THAT LINE IF I MUST TAKE YOU SERIOUS! smiley
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by wordtalk(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
Kenyy:

. . .but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.

Not true. Most of the people who hold themselves to be good actually do not need religion of sorts before they do bad things. History is strewn with them.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by deadie(m): 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

PLS TRY NOT TO GET ON MY BAD SIDE!!! I COULD BE VERY INSULTING TOO! 3 THREADS WERE LOCKED IN 3 DAYS BECAUSE OF MY INSULTS!!! KINDLY DONT TOW THAT LINE IF I MUST TAKE YOU SERIOUS! smiley

My apologies. Here is a modified one. Do not argue with people who do not reason on a physical level, believe in a space daddy who ordered that people who worked on Sabbath day should be killed (Exodus 31:15), like quoting a book written by some herb smoking Middle Eastern dude who wrote about mythology, believe that people can speak an alien language when infected by a 'holy spirit', etc, for they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by bigsean(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
i'm sorry to say, but i have been enjoying this debate until this "sexkillz" of a guy came in and started polluting it with his huge emptiness.
If u don't have a constructive argument to make, why don't u sit on your hands and let your eyes read and learn from people from opposing sides enlighten us on the topic.
U're just a shame
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
big_sean:

i'm sorry to say, but i have been enjoying this debate until this "sexkillz" of a guy came in and started polluting it with his huge emptiness.
If u don't have a constructive argument to make, why don't u sit on your hands and let your eyes read and learn from people from opposing sides enlighten us on the topic.
U're just a shame

What's EMPTY about the Questions I RAISED? WHO is EMPTY me or THOSE that cant ANSWER? undecided
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=19pt]IS THINKING A SENSE FOUND IN NATURE? SHOULD YOU USE IT AS A BASIS FOR THOUGHT OR LOGIC?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[/size]

Wait what? Should you use thinking as a basis for thought? What are you getting at?
Re: Question For Atheists And Religious People by thehomer: 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Which God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? / "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.