Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. (50774 Views)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / Water Seller Shares His Money With Prison Inmates (Video) / The Perfect Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by ashewoboy(m): 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
DeLaRue:

Right now, doctors are indispensable o.

I was at a State hospital (the biggest hospital in that state) recently and was shocked when the most senior doctor there told me there were only 3 doctors left in the entire hospital.

There used to be more than 20. Most have left the country.

This hospital treats several hundred people a day, and that excludes all those on admission.

The 3 doctors work about 16 hours a day, and are usually rushing back from home when there is an emergency. No rest for them.

We have to respect doctors.

The reality.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by wethebest(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Medical practitioners
Programmers
Hackers

These professions no dey fear MD or CEOs... grin cheesy

Any other profession you can name?

As a programmer, i can relate to this cheesy cheesy. You control everything about you not another man cox u re working for him. U can neva be broke or search for job with these professions. Since i graduated, I have never send my cv to any Nigeria company looking for job, jobs comes me nd i select the one more ok for me. U hv ur freedom in almost everything. U dress as u like without one company policy telling u wear tie frm moni till night.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by omonnakoda: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Medical practitioners
Programmers
Hackers

These professions no dey fear MD or CEOs... grin cheesy

Any other profession you can name?
Plumber, painter, Mechanic,olosho
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by crixlight2(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
caesymore:

My MD will fire him right away . Guy try and get sense, doctors are leaving and doctors dey. My hospital is a very competent hospital competing with American standard, it depends on the kind of hospital the guy is working with.

Only a kid throws insults without reasoning. Grownup please, I meant to elucidate and not to insult, my shift ends soon though was busy with a patient and I couldn't express all I wanted to in the previous post.
You better leave that guy that was insulting you , if the kid doctor resign , there are thousands of doctors in Nigeria still looking for work
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by ashewoboy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
emorse:

Be civil man.

How much does it cost in total? Is it a hundredth as much as it costs in Europe or America?

That is my fear. If a particular candidate like that gaining social media attention gets to the place, Nigerian students will not enjoy such luxury for free again. We will run a capitalist economy.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by ArewaNorth: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
drakeli:

Do you know the patient/doctor ratio in UK hospitals? It could be 15 patients to a doctor in a day while in Nigeria, 500 patients may be waiting to see a single doctor and the number keeps adding up. No limit. Now tell me, which one is slavery coupled with poor remuneration? UK or Nigeria

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/nigerian-doctors-in-uk-lament-exploitation-slave-labour/
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by donbenie(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
emorse:

They get trained for next to nothing then they compare themselves with those that paid dearly for their training. No be their fault. Na govt get the blame.
So,because they get trained for next to nothing,they should swallow every bullcrap you throw at them?
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by donbenie(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
the moment you threatened your MD, you are no longer a good doctor/staff, the only solution to your case is sack, the MD was silent because he wants to source for replacement before he trow you out of the window with your attitude
The MD was silent,because he knew the worth of the Doctor..
All Doctors are NOT EQUAL..
Some go above and beyond the call of duty..
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by Father4all: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
LIES
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by donbenie(m): 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
crixlight2:

You better leave that guy that was insulting you , if the kid doctor resign , there are thousands of doctors in Nigeria still looking for work
Thousands of Doctors?
From which school?
You think most Medical graduates in this shithole,would stick around and be collecting peanuts,after spending 9 years in the University?
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by shegun4sur: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
detectivejones:
This one is banking on relocation to threaten MD same UK you'll go and be used as a modern slave plus patients having almost the same attitude

Stop being stupid and quit saying what you know not. How can doctors in charge of lives be treated as slaves in white man's land. Your myopic thinking has limited your horizon to your black world. Convert 70k pounds to naira. That's a doctor's annual emolument in UK.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by detectivejones: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
shegun4sur:

Stop being stupid and quit saying what you know not. How can doctors in charge of lives be treated as slaves in white man's land. Your myopic thinking has limited your horizon to your black world. Convert 70k pounds to naira. That's a doctor's annual emolument in UK.
I don't know why your ilks take to insulting a total stranger when you have nothing concrete to say. My comment had nothing to do with earnings of doctors. It is your myopic thinking and some bullshit hollywood and the western media sell to you that that has blinded your eyes. Travel the world and see things, abi you think people over there will come out and share their struggle with you.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by BigDawsNet: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
wethebest:

As a programmer, i can relate to this cheesy cheesy. You control everything about you not another man cox u re working for him. U can neva be broke or search for job with these professions. Since i graduated, I have never send my cv to any Nigeria company looking for job, jobs comes me nd i select the one more ok for me. U hv ur freedom in almost everything. U dress as u like without one company policy telling u wear tie frm moni till night.

You right bro...

Tech freelance sustained me when the job ain't coming
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by emorse(m): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
donbenie:
So,because they get trained for next to nothing,they should swallow every bullcrap you throw at them?
They are trained caregivers. Their job is to take care of people in pain. You should know that people tend to behave irrationally when in pain.

Just as an aside though. You throw "bullcrap" at policemen, teachers, bank tellers, etc and they don't issues threats in return. It's called customer service.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by emorse(m): 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
detectivejones:
I don't know why your ilks take to insulting a total stranger when you have nothing concrete to say. My comment had nothing to do with earnings of doctors. It is your myopic thinking and some bullshit hollywood and the western media sell to you that that has blinded your eyes. Travel the world and see things, abi you think people over there will come out and share their struggle with you.
You dey mind them? Speaks volumes about their personalities.

See the way he mentioned "70k a year" like the cost of living is the same in both countries. Don't blame them though. You know Nigerians and crowd mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by shegun4sur: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
detectivejones:

Stop living on assumption. Not everyone that moves abroad is suffering. Get that into your skull. Widen your horizon.
I apologize on the insult of a total stranger but I couldn't just help it cos your comment was downright what it was.
If my own solid experience coupled with that of my own brother isn't enough then I wonder what is.
Don't try to divorce earnings from standard of living cos I wonder how a slave will earn a decent living to be able to pay bills comfortably and have substantial savings. They need people and so have made the perks juicy enough. The earlier you take the opportunity the better for you and your generation if you so desire. Cheers
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by detectivejones: 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
shegun4sur:

Stop living on assumption. Not everyone that moves abroad is suffering. Get that into your skull. Widen your horizon.
I apologize on the insult of a total stranger but I couldn't just help it cos your comment was downright what it was.
If my own solid experience coupled with that of my own brother isn't enough then I wonder what is.
Don't try to divorce earnings from standard of living cos I wonder how a slave will earn a decent living to be able to pay bills comfortably and have substantial savings. They need people and so have made the perks juicy enough. The earlier you take the opportunity the better for you and your generation if you so desire. Cheers
Oga i'm not leaving on assumption, and there's no where I generalized about people abroad suffering cause automatically I'd added myself to the statistics. Btw you have zero knowledge of how widen my horizon is, but I'd let it slide.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by shegun4sur: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
emorse:

You dey mind them? Speaks volumes about their personalities.

See the way he mentioned "70k a year" like the cost of living is the same in both countries. Don't blame them though. You know Nigerians and crowd mentality.

I am sure you don't plan to earn anything in that region till you die and you won't, that's why you see it as abstract.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by emorse(m): 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
shegun4sur:

I am sure you don't plan to earn anything in that region till you die and you won't, that's why you see it as abstract.
Earn it all bro. You have my blessings.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by SpaceAngel: 12:00am On Oct 31, 2022
I never said doctors are not to be respected. I respect everyone no matter your level in life and even those working for me, but if they threaten me for like the Dr did and equally put on social media, I'll sack him there. His leaving doesn't end life. What if he's dead or resigned.?

Other professionals are leaving Nigeria in large numbers too. Have you gone to IT firms and banks to see the exodus of highly skilled professionals too. These are people that look after your money to make sure it's secured. The ones left are also under serious pressure to secure your funds. It's all over and not only Drs.

DeLaRue:

Right now, doctors are indispensable o.

I was at a State hospital (the biggest hospital in that state) recently and was shocked when the most senior doctor there told me there were only 3 doctors left in the entire hospital.

There used to be more than 20. Most have left the country.

This hospital treats several hundred people a day, and that excludes all those on admission.

The 3 doctors work about 16 hours a day, and are usually rushing back from home when there is an emergency. No rest for them.

We have to respect doctors.

Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by NaMe4: 12:13am On Oct 31, 2022
VIKTO83:

I take exception to that.
If u see me work u will wonder how much I'm paid. In fact I work even in my dreams. No hyping...i consult for almost everyone. I am not praising myself..but I'm sure my type is not so much in d industry.
Patients have a way of getting at u but some of us have better ways of managing them.
The best way to understand d feelings of patients is to put urself in their shoes.
I tell nurses and doctors plus other health professionals...
If u have a dying relative whose life is dependent on d doctor whom u expect to perform miracle, how will I feel?
While growing up my mother had accident and was rushed to a hospital. The doctor was doing his thing the way it ought to be done professionally but my uncle (mum kid bro) who has lots of change in his pocket came and was telling d doctor he wasn't serious with his sis treatment...the doctor told him he was doing all he has to do and that d situation is under control.
My uncle landed d doctor a dirty slap and when my father tried to calm my in uncle..he (uncle) almost gave my dad too.
Though most patients and patient'srelatives tend to overreact but as a doctor u have to first understand that d profession is more of a calling rather than mere job and that will help u in understanding people and their temperament.
Just understand that a doctor just like a teacher can never be duly compensated and appreciated.
Whatever u Do is a service to humanity and God.
As for the oga that threatened the MD with resign, well, that's good and bad.
Till I hear from ur MD then I can say more. I have people working under me and I have people I work under. So I think so many things would have made and employee threaten his employer like that.
But oga, u are replaceable just like I am.

[1quote author=ashewoboy post=117987810]

There is no humble doctor. All of them are egocentric.

You'll almost always see one or two of such guys (as this doctor who threatened his MD and reverted to social media) among fresh graduates. Egocentric, but not necessarily matched with competence. (I honestly hate questioning competence of medical personnel, but with certain instances, you just can't help it).

And for those doubting, in Nigeria, a country with terrible health indices (refer to maternal mortality and under 5 mortality rates), we still have unemployed doctors and an army of grossly underemployed doctors.

I think there is a great disconnect between the government and administration within the civil service. Some sort of restructuring of the system would address a lot of these challenges.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2022
emorse:

They get trained for next to nothing then they compare themselves with those that paid dearly for their training. No be their fault. Na govt get the blame.
the same way you were trained for next to nothing abi?

Nonsense!!
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:34am On Oct 31, 2022
toxtimmy:
I'm not a doctor but I know as a doctor you attend to your patients not based on queue number but by the severity of their ailment (person when dey show sign of stroke needs immediate attention that person with a popped out shoulder irrespective of the number dem dey on your queue list).

That being said I hope that's how you attend to your patients as a professional not as a typical nigerian.

trust me, if the person was in that severe kind of pain or distress, he won't even think to call the MD.

shows that it's not an emergency.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by GUNITGuy: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2022
Mercury12:
Doctors are doing shakara now grin
No wahala. Humans can do without doctors.

Abeg no dey threaten us with resignation grin at least wait till new set of medical students graduate and reduce una workload or collet una job grin
More Medical Doctors are coming and I am going to be one of them in Jesus name Amen
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by caesymore(m): 8:56am On Oct 31, 2022
udemzyudex:

How many has he sack? Are you trying to tell me that no patients have reported a doctor to your MD before?

Bro, report is one thing and explaining what happened is another... Not just threatening an MD. Guy no be as e dey always sound for news e dey for real life, many Doctors are looking for work in Nigeria, last last na money dem makefor Naija them dey use dey use japa
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by caesymore(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2022
DryMouth:

Guy sharrap!
Doctors are migrating to the UK and other countries.
Doctors scarce die. Go to luth and see for yourself. Na student doctors full there

Student Doctors you said. Your mouth is just dry AF.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2022
donbenie:
The MD was silent,because he knew the worth of the Doctor..
All Doctors are NOT EQUAL..
Some go above and beyond the call of duty..
it's wrong to attack your Superior head ON, what Legacy is that for younger doctors? Probably MD just wanted to pasuade you to take it easy with the arrogant patient, you end up disrespecting the MD publicly, can you do that with government hospitals? Incase of private hospital, you keep the hospital running from money collected from those miscreants patient you just have to manage them, remember you are a doctor, what if the patient have mental disorder? Or you think madness is limited to rags?
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by Stephendeals: 9:44am On Oct 31, 2022
caesymore:

My MD will fire him right away . Guy try and get sense, doctors are leaving and doctors dey. My hospital is a very competent hospital competing with American standard, it depends on the kind of hospital the guy is working with.

Only a kid throws insults without reasoning. Grownup please, I meant to elucidate and not to insult, my shift ends soon though was busy with a patient and I couldn't express all I wanted to in the previous post.

So you and your MD promote a working environment where clients are free to bully your employees, wow that is a very exciting toxic place to be proud about....
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by toxtimmy: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2022
To some extent I agree... Regardless doctors and nurses in Nigeria are a case... You or no one should be a patient in a Nigerian hospital; I say this with all due respect

DrFunmisticGlow:
trust me, if the person was in that severe kind of pain or distress, he won't even think to call the MD.

shows that it's not an emergency.
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by Bashorund: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2022
caesymore:

is that the reason u call him incompetent because he was trying to maintain order?
Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by grandstar(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2022
detectivejones:
This one is banking on relocation to threaten MD same UK you'll go and be used as a modern slave plus patients having almost the same attitude

He can get a better contract if he's wise.

Some just sign anything in order to travel

1 Like

Re: Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. by detectivejones: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2022
grandstar:

He can get a better contract if he's wise.
Some just sign anything in order to travel
You get my point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Strongest Soldier Uses Teeth To Drag A Hilux Van, Others / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? / Start Writing Your Date In Full Format Come 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.