Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,859 members, 7,851,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) (35839 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Remi Tinubu: How I Became A Born-Again Christian While In Exile In USA / Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by IfnobeGod20: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How does his speech make him a democrat? I remember buhari calling himself a "reformed democrat" in 2015. How does speech make some one a democrat?
A democrat that never had a stable deputy in his 8 years tenure. A democrat that used 3 deputies in 8 years. Only one that has the record of using 3 deputies in his tenure. The same man is what demented brain called a democrat.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by IfnobeGod20: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Paid enough? How

You should celebrate a courageous man who fought for the betterment of this nation. Isnt it funny, you people take interest in criticising men who stood their ground in the face of tyranny and oppression.

But celebrate, a coward like Ojukwu who ran away, disguise in women wears including pant and bras to cameroon by boat. After he had successfully sacrificed 2million of your people to senseless war.

There is level to this thing.. There is, mr Emeka.

Thankfully, if there is any need to pay anyone. Sowore and Kola Abiola need to be paid more than Tinubu because these are men that never ran away from the warfront. While Tinubu japa, Sowore were at the warfront taking bullets, hence it is morally right, if you rally round Sowere in this coming election, if it is an election of paying debt.
Those that also need to be paid are:
Wole Soyinka, Kola Abiola, Omoyele Sowore, Pa Rewane, Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakogba, Ayo Obe

The above listed people have not gained anything since 1999 that this dispensation began while Tinubu has been made Lagos state governor.

My people it is a season of paying those that fought for the annulment of 1993 presidential election by Abacha. We have paid Tinubu in Lagos. It is now to pay Sowore and Kola Abiola. Vote for any of them

Thank you all.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by IfnobeGod20: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Can you present this as an evidence in court? By the time the law deal with you. You will provide the author and explain how you think the story is entirely correct to warrant you using it to cause public nuisance and damage of the character of a person.

One day, you will surely meet your waterloo
Are you aware that newspaper write-up is admissable in law court? It is now left for him to sue the writer and not the person that raise an order of what he claimed to have said and written in print.
Please stop intimidating people with your empty threat of suing.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by lhordspy: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Are you aware that newspaper write-up is admissable in law court? It is now left for him to sue the writer and not the person that raise an order of what he claimed to have said and written in print.
Please stop intimidating people with your empty threat of suing.

Read more....

Stop displaying your ignorance everywhere.

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Youngest chairman of a bank, you said. Like he had to break a sweat to reach that point. Like he had to climb any ladder to reach there.

He was chosen directly due to his family ties with the bank. Not like he is the brightest or the most capable for the job. It was on a platter.

Stop trying to glorify a man who had his way to success very easy.

What will you say of davido? He didn’t sweat? Or otedola? Tinubu had a foster rich mother also, you know
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Youngest chairman of a bank, you said. Like he had to break a sweat to reach that point. Like he had to climb any ladder to reach there.

He was chosen directly due to his family ties with the bank. Not like he is the brightest or the most capable for the job. It was on a platter.

Stop trying to glorify a man who had his way to success very easy.

What will you say of davido? He didn’t sweat? Or otedola? Tinubu had a foster rich mother also, you know

You can’t go to yankee, uk as at then, a pauper.

Argue with me intelligently and logically.

Thanks
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CheapHomes1: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

A democrat that never had a stable deputy in his 8 years tenure. A democrat that used 3 deputies in 8 years. Only one that has the record of using 3 deputies in his tenure. The same man is what demented brain called a democrat.

In addition, a democrat that selects those that will succeed him
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by asksteve(m): 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

They stayed behind not only because their life wasnt threatened but also because they werent the main core activitist as at the time. I repect the name you mentioned alot. Infact i appreciate their contributions and fight in the face of oppression.

But you see sir, in wars. Every soldier is a fighter. But the infantry at the front of the offensive is more of a fighter than the soldiers at the back of the defense line.

I dont really know about anyone one turning the monster they fought against. I wouldnt want to tow that line now. I believe it is of your opinion, perspectives deffers but no matter how any body tries because of cheap political gain to underestimate the fight and struggle of those men in the picture, it is always bound to fail.

Nobody is underestimating anybody.
As u said its my personal opinion which I believe some people also share.
I just don't want to see a Nigeria where people will begin to see abandon struggles claiming they are the core of the struggle and their lives are threatened. Cos when they return they will be welcomed as hero's while those that held the forth are not even recognized.
God bless Pa Alfred Rewane, Frank Kokori, Gani Fawehinme, Ndubuisi Kanu, Abubakar Umar Ayo Opadokun, Alao Aka Basorun, Bolaji Akinyemi, Bola Ige, Femi Falana, Olisa Agbakoba, Yinka and Joe Okei-Odumakin, Dele Momodu, Chima Ubani, Debo Adeniran, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, Omoyele Sowore, Segun Maiyegun, Segun Okeowo, Femi Aborisade, Joe Igbokwe, Solanke Onasanya, Kayode Fayemi, Shehu Sani, Olusegun Osoba, Tunji Braithwaite, etc.
These to me are some the real hero's of democracy. The type Nigeria needs.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by OdefaGirl(f): 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Paid enough? How

You should celebrate a courageous man who fought for the betterment of this nation. Isnt it funny, you people take interest in criticising men who stood their ground in the face of tyranny and oppression.

But celebrate, a coward like Ojukwu who ran away, disguise in women wears including pant and bras to cameroon by boat. After he had successfully sacrificed 2million of your people to senseless war.

You limited yourself to knowing the history of your tribesmen alone... Try broaden your history knowledge, you will know that Tinubu can never be placed in same sentence with Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by IfnobeGod20: 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

Read more....

Stop displaying your ignorance everywhere.
Did you read what you posted or you just lack simple analytical thinking? Go to second paragraph as below in your poster. Let me extract it for you:
"Under Federal Rule of Evidence 902(6) newspaper and periodicals are self-authenticating; in other words, they are admissible into evidence without a writer, editor, or other witness testifying to their authenticity".
Newspaper is a primary source of evidence. Under Evidence Act, Section 78(2) it is termed hearsay but not under Federal Rule Evidence as captured above. These are two different things. It depends under the authority you're filing your case.

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by lhordspy: 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
OdefaGirl:

You limited yourself to knowing the history of your tribesmen alone... Try broaden your history knowledge, you will know that Tinubu can never be placed in same sentence with Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu.

I just did. I just highlighted ojukwu's history in few words.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by gly(m): 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2022
lhordspy:

"The Labour of our heroes past, shall never be in vain".

.....That is from the Nigeria anthem, not what anybody told me.

I mean, do we have any excuse not to pay this great man back through voting for him for the fight, and the struggle he went through for this country?.

Obi pandora was probably still in school then, trying very hard, cracking his dull head to pass exams in philosophy.

These men and women of valour have worked hard and paid their dues for democracy. It is best for them to sit back and enjoy their old age alongside being elder statesmen and women while reminiscing on the past instead of shouting Emilokan.
They will be better celebrated that way just like baba wole soyinka rather than nosing around for the seat of GCFR. Too bad for BAT
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by OkoRemi2023(m): 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2022
CSTRR:

Look at Tinubu and look at Peter obi today.

Which of them represent the ideas of gani fawehinmi.

Which of them would gani have supported if he were alive?

Would he still support festus keyamo?

Peter obi is the least candidate that Gani will support, Gani no dey support incompetent idiot and social media politician

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Rapuru14: 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
OkutaNla:
cool

Packaged Olodo

White powder filled brain smiling in a suit like a monkey about to orgasm
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by OkutaNla: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rapuru14:

Packaged Olodo

White powder filled brain smiling in a suit like a monkey about to orgasm

E pain am grin. More neck pressing for you. Your tears are very delicious.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by CSTRR: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

Peter obi is the least candidate that Gani will support, Gani no dey support incompetent idiot and social media politician
Says the clown.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by lexylaw40: 8:54am On Nov 03, 2022
TINUBU deserves to be the president.... And by God's grace , inshallah he is Nigeria's next president

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Konquest: 5:24am On Nov 04, 2022
wwwihy:
Flashback: Heroes and Heroines of Democracy/June 12. L-R: Prof. Segun Gbadegesin, Wole Soyinka & Bolaji Aluko;
@officialABAT, Kunle Badmus, late Ayotunde, late Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti, Abiodun Adepoju, Hakeem Fahm, Leke Adekoya, Mrs. Adetoun Gbadegeshin & Mrs. Funmilayo Adepoju.

Word!
Respect to the heroes of democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Munamoqel: 6:37am On Nov 04, 2022
wwwihy:
Flashback: Heroes and Heroines of Democracy/June 12. L-R: Prof. Segun Gbadegesin, Wole Soyinka & Bolaji Aluko;
@officialABAT, Kunle Badmus, late Ayotunde, late Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti, Abiodun Adepoju, Hakeem Fahm, Leke Adekoya, Mrs. Adetoun Gbadegeshin & Mrs. Funmilayo Adepoju.

obi was busy sobotaging the manufacturing capacity of Nigeria then by importing usless items in 1995. The difference is clear .
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Babastrong(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2022
[quote author=bobbybrown007 post=118052628]shut up your mouth, has he not been paid enough? Should they give him the world so that he will rule .[ You had rather ask your father what he did when tinubu and co were on this struggle. Did he fold his hand?]
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by bobbybrown007: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
[quote author=Babastrong post=118140120][/quote]where was your father also? You loose sperm that doesn't no where it root became.
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Uchek(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2022
Which bravery?

tiger28:
WHEN it comes to TRUE Heroes of democracy against wicked dictators in Nigeria........You have to give it to the Yorubas for their Bravery.

NOT some fake Nationalism because of the elections.....Tinubu really stands out here!

I am from the North and I have noticed this very well!
Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Uchek(m): 8:56am On Nov 06, 2022
Please wetin concern Ojukwu in this matter. If running away is the yardstick for calling Ojukwu a coward, what do you call all those in the picture. The picture was taken in Maryland, USA - not Maryland, Lagos Nigeria.

lhordspy:

Paid enough? How

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Tonim(f): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
tiger28:
WHEN it comes to TRUE Heroes of democracy against wicked dictators in Nigeria........You have to give it to the Yorubas for their Bravery.

NOT some fake Nationalism because of the elections.....Tinubu really stands out here!

I am from the North and I have noticed this very well!

Well said smiley

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) by Babakolanut(m): 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
Oju eni ma la yio ri iyonu sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islamic Council Warns Nnamdi Kanu Against Attacks On Hausas / Shots Fired As EFCC Breaks Into Okorocha’s Home / Oshiomhole And Iara Celebrate Independence Day With Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.