Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe (44223 Views)

‘Form A’ Applicants To Submit Three-year Tax Clearance Certificates – Banks / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by MansoryMX(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2022
After politicians and security agencies killing this country’s economy, the next set of people are BANKS!

4 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by bugalo: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2022
All these stupid Nigerian banks prefers to give forex to aboki currency traders because it benefits them. .

6 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Hmmmm poor systems

Reminds me of APC

2 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by BarrElChapo(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2022
DonWest16:
cool

On the other hand, our own Israel Adesanya lost his titles... Quite sad tho.

Dis news is not even here in NL, na wah..

Mods mk una dey step up abeg..

Oga create the topic, this is an open source platform angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by REALretep(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2022
Even First Bank of Nigeria follow.
Very annoying bank
It took them more than one month to reverse an ATM dispense error which happened using their own ATM machine
I know how many times I complained online and went to the bank physically.
They kept giving very flimsy excuses. I almost regretted having an account with them

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by omoyankee3(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2022
It's not only Zenith bank. Form A, Form Q and Form M that have been approved by the CBM for months have still not yet been credited

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Fmghewzy2: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2022
DonWest16:
Nigeria shocked

I was hoping to wake up and see, and still ......

I was so pained to see that he was TKOed by that Pereira guy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by MrPresident1: 9:22am On Nov 13, 2022
The government that spreads poverty will soon come after you to explain how you got 30mil

3 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by higgs: 9:22am On Nov 13, 2022
Every Nigerian wants to go to UK to study. The British are reaping huge profits from our insatiable appetite for their university degrees. CBN should stop subsidising foreign education. Anyone who wants to study abroad should source for the fx himself.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by RZArecta(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2022
Zenith bank has been very notorious these past few months

4 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Cmanforall: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/realityoflilife/status/1587423568887009281?s=20&t=9It74ns7S0ifCT5Y83611g

Update:

https://twitter.com/realityoflilife/status/1590760853594591232?s=20&t=9It74ns7S0ifCT5Y83611g
There are other means to send money to them to pay these fees. The fact is that banks offer dollar and other foreign currencies at way cheaper rates, thus the rush for Form A.
If your sponsors are interested to pay your fees, they can use money gram, western Union etc. to wire the money to them.

2 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Nigerians cast everything!

One way traffic!

They abuse every loophole.

I know the Tier 2 visa will cast soon.
Honestly, I tire for this country called Nigeria. Is it government that's responsible for this, now?
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by RZArecta(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2022
higgs:
Every Nigerian wants to go to UK to study. The British are reaping huge profits from our insatiable appetite for their university degrees. CBN should stop subsidising foreign education. Anyone who wants to study abroad should source for the fx himself.
it's not compulsory to speak in public so as not to expose your stupidíty. I'm not going to school you on the silliness of your post, I just want you to research admission process abroad then slap yourself hard for writing nonsense. Have a lovely weekend cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Stronghold91: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2022
Yousuph007:
I'm using Zenith also, their security is not also safe.

Very weack and over hype bank.�
sterling bank is the only Nigeria bank
that's trustworthy
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by pharmagba: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2022
GTBank is worse. They used my form A for another person and told me to go and generate another one that what will it cost be to generate another. The earlier one I did was shown disbursed yet the money was not removed from my account.
Those bankers are criminal and are major problem of this country

10 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Regex: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

One way traffic!

How did know T2 will cast?
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Menclothing: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2022
I laugh wen dey say Nigeria problem is leader Lolz

Even in commercial banks some staff do runs witg forex and form q to earn millions weekly

6 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2022
Regex:

How did know T2 will cast?

The use of the loop hole is becoming alarming and can burst anytime!
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Cmanforall: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2022
imadiyi:

Honestly, I tire for this country called Nigeria. Is it government that's responsible for this, now?
It's unfortunate.
But in this situation, it is their parents/sponsors that failed them. They would have used other means to pay the fees or send the money across.
There are individuals abroad that also do that as business.

Calling our the banks is not that fair, when they have benefited from it in the past.
Imagine getting dollar at 400+, when it's sold at 700+ in the parallel market. It's now, they remember to report them
There are other means to send foreign currencies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Bekermann(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2022
RZArecta:
it's not compulsory to speak in public so as not to expose your stupidíty. I'm not going to school you on the silliness of your post, I just want you to research admission process abroad then slap yourself hard for writing nonsense. Have a lovely weekend cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nsonaso(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2022
kevoh:

30 million naira multiplied by over 1000 Nigerian students! (I know that the number is quite higher, about 20000 students) that's about 30 billion Naira! Omo UK steadily cashing out grin grin grin! Now multiple that 30 million naira by 20000! shocked
Do you think is the school fees alone?
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by arantess: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

One way traffic!

You are barking at the wrong tree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2022
Those who said you can't give what you don't have did not lie. NIGERIANS have always proven them to be correct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Regex: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

The use of the loop hole is becoming alarming and can burst anytime!

What loophole?
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Backpedal: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2022
It's good for all of you
Una think say una wise
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Backpedal: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Those who said you can't give what you don't have did not lie. NIGERIANS have always proven them to be correct
True
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2022
Regex:

What loophole?

Don’t let me cast!

We are online!
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by ceaser: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2022
kevoh:

30 million naira multiplied by over 1000 Nigerian students! (I know that the number is quite higher, about 20000 students) that's about 30 billion Naira! Omo UK steadily cashing out grin grin grin! Now multiple that 30 million naira by 20000! shocked

Yet they are mulling the idea of cancelling dependent visa attached to study.

They have not woken up to the reality that Nigerians majorly school in the UK because of the opportunity to take their family along to a new environment. They have been able to take so much into their economy from Nigerians bringing money into their economy.

By the time they cancel that dependent visa, Nigerians will look for other friendly countries to divert their monies too and jettison the UK. Ńa dat time dem go know say dem don add to their economic crises wàhálà.

Germany and other Scandinavian countries are gradually becoming attractive places for Nigerians.

higgs:

Sorry to burst your bubble. The CBN suspending it will not be enough deterrent for Nigerians who wish to relocate overseas. The country is what pushes Nigerians away. Insecurity, rising poverty and financial inequality, just to mention a few.

In 2019, 1.2 million Chinese travelled outside their country to the west to study. Guess how many came back after study? 1.2 million.

This is because their country is a good place to live and they come back to input their acquired knowledge back into building their economy.

We literarily are reliving the old years of human slavery by this emigration, only this time it is a new age slavery. Many Nigerians will love to come home to a place where their future is assured and safety is guaranteed. Let Nigeria leaders make the country better and see if people will not itch to come back.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by ednut1(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2022
Anyone travelling abroad for studies should be prepared to pay black market rate. Any one accepting scholarships sponsored by nigeria or any government does so at his or her own risk. The country don cast

5 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by goslowgoslow(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2022
They will soon blame Tinubu.
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by emonis88: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2022
DonWest16:
Nigeria shocked

If na news wey go make Igbo and Yoruba dey abuse n fight themselves on nairaland, e for don dey front page kiakia.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Naira Exchange Rates Today / Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.