Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe (44220 Views)

‘Form A’ Applicants To Submit Three-year Tax Clearance Certificates – Banks / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by goslowgoslow(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2022
imadiyi:

Honestly, I tire for this country called Nigeria. Is it government that's responsible for this, now?
Wait you go soon see dem blaming Tinubu and Buhari, they are on their way

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by DonWest16(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2022
emonis88:

True talk
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Naustine(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2022
I remember how one guy nearly scattered zenith bank last week Tuesday coz of this

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by antontech(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Nigerians cast everything!

One way traffic!

They abuse every loophole.

I know the Tier 2 visa will cast soon.
did u read the story? learn to read sometimes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Senrichy88: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2022
This is false accusation. No one is fast tracking anything you'll apply online through your bank to cbn. It's cbn that credit your your school on your request though its not always fast.
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nsonaso(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2022
traihit:
See how much we spend on foreign education.

If education is to be maintained at an adequate level in Nigeria, nobody among the poor may have any chance to study beyond secondary school
. That's by the way.

The terrible culture of anyhowness is now ingrained in almost every corporate sector in Nigeria. I'm disappointed in Nigerian banks.

Imagine, Zenith Bank that was rated as one of the best!

Do you think the 30m he mention was all tuition fees? Living cost and bills are inclusive.

You also forgot those countries offer student loan to their people.

You forgot to mention how many UK graduates that are unemployed vs Nigerian graduate's that are unemployed

So the high school fees also is securing your future, and not after graduate you start POS business.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Herkim(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2022
bobobenz:
ZENITH BANK HAS BEEN IN THE NEWS RECENTLY FOR THEIR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICES..WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR BANKS IN NIGERIA...GOD SHOULD PLEASE ANSWER OUR PRAYERS AND BRING PETER OBI SO WE CAN HAVE GOOD LEADERSHIP...FIRST THING HE SHOULD DO IS SACK EMIEFELE AND PROBE HIS PROXY ZENITH BANK

Bros don't deceive yourself there is nothing peter obi and others completing for the post of president under this falsehood called federalism, which is nothing to write home about. Until we go back to restructuring and regionalization.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by BigCowHornn: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2022
bobobenz:
ZENITH BANK HAS BEEN IN THE NEWS RECENTLY FOR THEIR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICES..WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR BANKS IN NIGERIA...GOD SHOULD PLEASE ANSWER OUR PRAYERS AND BRING PETER OBI SO WE CAN HAVE GOOD LEADERSHIP...FIRST THING HE SHOULD DO IS SACK EMIEFELE AND PROBE HIS PROXY ZENITH BANK

Their latest fraud now is to withhold Inflow bonus payments from CBN.
For 2 months now i have not gotten paid for all the dollars being transferred into my dom bank account. But if i do the same trasaction with my FCMB dom account i get credited with bonus payment from CBN within an hour.

Zenith bank is crooked.

3 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by CyberWolf: 9:58am On Nov 13, 2022
higgs:
Every Nigerian wants to go to UK to study. The British are reaping huge profits from our insatiable appetite for their university degrees. CBN should stop subsidising foreign education. Anyone who wants to study abroad should source for the fx himself.
How is the CBN subsidizing foreign education? Are the exchange rate approved for education services not the official exchange rate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by madridguy(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2022
If the CBN get to know the paddling/dishonesty going on with the Form A, I'm they will cancel the whole arrangement.

Forget the banks, we Nigerians are something else. Make I no too talk about the stuff.

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by dubaiprince: 10:03am On Nov 13, 2022
Senrichy88:
This is false accusation. No one is fast tracking anything you'll apply online through your bank to cbn. It's cbn that credit your your school on your request though its not always fast.

Yinmu, I know of two different people sourcing school fees at the moment that mentioned this fast tracking stuff by banks staff asking for 300k. Bank account numbers sit within the banks so CBN cannot push money to individual bank accounts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2022
Cmanforall:

It's unfortunate.
But in this situation, it is their parents/sponsors that failed them. They would have used other means to pay the fees or send the money across.
There are individuals abroad that also do that as business.

Calling our the banks is not that fair, when they have benefited from it in the past.
Imagine getting dollar at 400+, when it's sold at 700+ in the parallel market. It's now, they remember to report them
There are other means to send foreign currencies.
See, my point is, so long the CBN is making dollar available to commercial banks, every prospective and current student studying in oversea should be provided with dollars to fund their fees.

CBN made their stand clear on forex. They stopped commercial banks from giving out forex to BDCs, but to rather give out on certain customers after due KYC is done. The conditions were for oversea school fees, BTA and PTA.

For business persons who needs it foreign purchase, it must be goods and products not locally produced in Nigeria.
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by zudozz: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2022
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by loswhite(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2022
higgs:
Every Nigerian wants to go to UK to study. The British are reaping huge profits from our insatiable appetite for their university degrees. CBN should stop subsidising foreign education. Anyone who wants to study abroad should source for the fx himself.
Foolish citizens. How is the CBN subsidizing Foreign Education? Is it that you don't know the meaning of subsidy ? Stop displaying your Foolishness online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Moahmed: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2022
Senrichy88:

This shows that you know nothing about how form A works. It is not too late to ask those in the system to enlighten you. Please speak on issues you have knowledge of only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Beolly(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2022
imadiyi:

See, my point is, so long the CBN is making dollar available to commercial banks, every prospective and current student studying in oversea should be provided with dollars to fund their fees.

CBN made their stand clear on forex. They stopped commercial banks from giving out forex to BDCs, but to rather give out on certain customers after due KYC is done. The conditions were for oversea school fees, BTA and PTA.

For business persons who needs it foreign purchase, it must be goods and products not locally produced in Nigeria.

The CBN will soon stop Form A from next year anyone who wants to school outside the country will source for forex to pay his or her fees.
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:19am On Nov 13, 2022
Form A still dey grin grin. In my final year in 2017 I couldn't even access it and my uncle had to come to my rescue. Nigeria never fails to disappoint. Shithole country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by jclassiq(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2022
traihit:
See how much we spend on foreign education.

If education is to be maintained at an adequate level in Nigeria, nobody among the poor may have any chance to study beyond secondary school. That's by the way.

The terrible culture of anyhowness is now ingrained in almost every corporate sector in Nigeria. I'm disappointed in Nigerian banks.

Imagine, Zenith Bank that was rated as one of the best!

Forget that thing my man. Na FX cause am.

Let's suppose 1 pound is equal to 200 hundred naira for example, that 30 million will be something like 3-4 million.

Most middle class families can afford that in Nigeria for a quality education.

It's not even up what they pay in babcock and redeemers and covenants of this world.

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by vickydevoka(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2022
Dickson178:
Zenith Bank, Access bank and Union bank ,all are fraudulent banks . May them never see peace especially Access bank angry
Access it's the best abeg
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Cmanforall: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2022
imadiyi:

All banks should follow the rules
I don't support the bribe and all that.
Anyone guilty should be prosecuted.

But for 'rich' parents to allow these to affect their children's education is not a strong excuse when there are other alternatives. Yes, banks are cheaper,but no be common mandey send his children to study in UK

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by membranus: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2022
DonWest16:
Nigeria shocked

On the other hand, our own Israel Adesanya lost his titles... Quite sad tho.

Dis news is not even here in NL, na wah..

Mods mk una dey step up abeg..

Israel Adesanya cannot be champ forever. Someone has been there before him, and others are still coming. He has had his days in the limelight, and who knows, many hours of sunshine are still awaiting him.

5 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by oluwaseyi0: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2022
kevoh:

30 million naira multiplied by over 1000 Nigerian students! (I know that the number is quite higher, about 20000 students) that's about 30 billion Naira! Omo UK steadily cashing out grin grin grin! Now multiple that 30 million naira by 20000! shocked

Education is too cheap in Nigeria for its own good and it's not sustainable

Imagine unilag paying far less than 100k per year, any attempt to slightly raise school fees will be met by stiff resistance from everyone including those that already send their wards abroad and are paying heavily

Federal schools are subsidized at over 80% while state are over 50%, why won't ASUU go on strike every month

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by DeOTR: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2022
Menclothing:
I laugh wen dey say Nigeria problem is leader Lolz

Even in commercial banks some staff do runs witg forex and form q to earn millions weekly
Thank you. This is what I've been saying. Even all these people complaining would do the the same. Na opportunity dem never get yet.
I remember I used to withdraw 40k at once from ATMs in recent past. The moment CBN placed a maintenance fee of N65 per withdrawal after the third withdrawal of the month, gbam!!! All banks took advantage of the new policy and adjusted their ATM to dispense maximum of 10k per transaction. The CBN looked away and pretends nothing is wrong. A huge sanction should have sufficed for Banks whose ATMs are not dispensing proper amount of cash per transaction, but no, the masses are left at their mercies.
No consumer protection as the agency in charge doesn't even know their job. People are paying more for lesser quantity and quality and nobody is blinking an eye. OK, economy is bad, you increased the price on your goods and still reduced the quality and quantity. Almost all manufacturers do this in Nigeria without consequences.
Our government is bad because we as a people are bad. We need massive national reorientation and we should start building strong institutions instead of people. Nigeria needs serious restructuring to start functioning as a country. No matter how good you are as a pilot, you can not fly a faulty plane. Or how do drive a Car with a faulty engine as an expert driver?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2022
Cmanforall:

All banks should follow the rules
I don't support the bribe and all that.
Anyone guilty should be prosecuted.

But for 'rich' parents to allow these to affect their children's education is not a strong excuse when there are other alternatives. Yes, banks are cheaper,but no be common mandey send his children to study in UK
Facts, and very correct! Oil dey ur head.

3 Likes

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by DeOTR: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2022
vickydevoka:

Access it's the best abeg
This is a joke right? grin
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2022
Beolly:

The CBN will soon stop Form A from next year anyone who wants to school outside the country will source for forex to pay his or her fees.
They better not try it, else, it will be catastrophe. If that happens to be the case, who will they start supplying the forex to?
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by stainlessnature: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2022
All of you decided to resign from your gainful employment here, leaving your jobs to inexperienced colleagues, in order to pursue Oversea education. Most of these banks/organizations are struggling with high staff turnover. Now you are complaining badly. It is well with us

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Scamburster(m): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2022
Dickson178:
Zenith Bank, Access bank and Union bank ,all are fraudulent banks . May them never see peace especially Access bank angry
Unfortunately dude I'm using these banks you mentioned.
Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by MT: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Nigerians cast everything!

One way traffic!

They abuse every loophole.

I know the Tier 2 visa will cast soon.

It has cast already.. People are being banned for 10 years in Nigeria now and home office is expecting those in the UK to come and renew their visas or apply for graduate route before they drop them shocker. It is happening already

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2022
nlfpmod:
Eric Omoarebu cries out:

https://twitter.com/omoarebz/status/1589563779528142848?s=20&t=9It74ns7S0ifCT5Y83611g

But one idi*t quoted me and said getting your foreign currency from Nigeria bank is so easy and stress-free. I wish some people can just be kept in the jungle

1 Like

Re: Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2022
stainlessnature:
All of you decided to resign from your gainful employment here, leaving your jobs to inexperienced colleagues, in order to pursue Oversea education. Most of these banks/organizations are struggling with high staff turnover. Now you are complaining badly. It is well with us

Is that an excuse?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / Naira Exchange Rates Today / Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.